Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Murder ❯ Pain ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Prologue
 
She stumbled up the driveway. She could barely see to ring the doorbell. With what was obviously a great deal of effort, she managed to stay upright. Only when the door was opened and she heard the familiar if not horrified voice saying, “What the fuck?!”, did she allow herself to give up all restraint and fall into the warm arms. She felt herself being picked up, carried up a flight of steps into a room and laid gently on a soft bed. She knew instinctively that the sheets and covers beneath her were rapidly turning red. A hand touched her face. “What the hell happened?!” The voice asked. It was distinctly female with a male gruffness “We had an argument. It was my fault. It was an accident.” She managed weakly. “I'll kill him! I swear! When I'm done, his own mother won't recognize him and the devil himself won't want him!!” The voice held barely contained fury laced with concern. “Don't. He…didn't…mean to.” She muttered before surrendering to the darkness flickering at the edge of her vision. “I never should have let you go and I'll murder him for hurting you like this.” She didn't hear the whispered vow, for she had given into the comforting darkness.