Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Not Your Average High School Story ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One
 
"Who's that guy? Is he a new student?"
 
"What's with his hair? They'll never let him keep it like that."
 
"Whoa, who's that boy? Is that a scar? Wow, I bet he's a gang member."
 
I mutter bitterly to myself as I walk down the halls of my new school. The whispers circulating around me make my ears burn with humiliation and anger. But mostly anger. None of this is anything new though, I transfer schools about four or five times a year, but I'll get to that later. First, I should probably introduce myself.
 
My name is Ranmaru Tsuzuki. I'm a second year in high school, currently attending Keisetsu High in Sapporo, Japan. That's the capital of the northern island of Hokkaido. Before that I lived in Kyoto, before that in Nagasaki, before that I lived in China for quite a while, before that I traveled around Europe, and before that I lived in Osaka, Japan. I've been a lot of places, so, not surprisingly; I know a lot of languages. Japanese, Chinese, French, German, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, and English; I'm fluent in all these languages. Yup, I'm smart alright. But none of that is very important. Well, at least not right now. What's important now is that I just transferred to a new school, again, and already the kids here are annoying me. They keep staring. What's wrong with them? Haven't they ever had a transfer student? I put one hand on my hair. And what's wrong with my hair? Or my scar? And why would they assume I'm a gang member of all things? Gods, these people are idiots. Maybe I should just transfer now, I don't think I'm going to be here long anyways. At least I hope not. This school is worse than that one in Lyon. I chuckle a little out loud. My time in that school ended amusingly. Well, for me. I doubt anyone else will ever look back on that day and laugh.
 
"Did you hear that? I think he laughed."
 
"Do you know what that guy is laughing about?"
 
"Hey, did he just laugh at us?"
 
"Who laughed? The new guy? I wonder why..."
 
Damn. Do these people have nothing better to do than watch my every move? I growl softly as I walk up to my new locker. Wonderful, another new combination to remember. What was it again? I look down at the slip of paper in my hand. 08-24-12
Okay, then. I open my locker. I put my bookbag on the ground and unzip it so that I can pull out my binder. A note falls out and flitters to the ground. I raise an eyebrow and pick it up.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
Dear Ran-chan,
 
Hi honey! I know that you hate being the new student, but try to act happy!
If you're cheerful, then I'm sure you'll make some good friends this time.
Remember, you won't be the new kid forever! Just smile and everyone
is sure to like you!
 
X's and O's
 
Myouri
____________________________________________________________
 
 
I smile gently. That was nice of her to do. Oh, you must be wondering who Myouri is. Her and her husband, Jitsu, are my legal guardians. They're really nice people. I feel bad about causing them so much trouble, but they never seem to mind. In fact, they seem to enjoy moving around so much. Go figure. I doubt that I'll ever understand them. Then again, I don't understand most people. Whatever. I fold the note in half and put it in my pocket.
 
A bell rings loudly, the sound echoing down the nearly empty hallway. Damn, I better hurry or I'll be late. I grab my binder, shove my bookbag in my locker, and close my locker door with my foot as I turn around and take off running down the hall. I skid to a stop in front of my homeroom class. I can hear talking and laughter from the other side of the door. I take a deep breath and walk in.
 
Without warning, it got very quiet. I look to the class. Ten or so boys look back at me. Did I mention that Keisetsu High is an all-boys school? No? Well, I am now. It's an all-boys school. All the schools I go to are. I don't really know why. I asked Jitsu once, but all he said was something about my father's wishes. But I'll get into that later too.
 
Remembering Myouri's note, I force a kind smile onto my face. Most of the boys relax then. Some still look at me suspiciously, but oh well, at least I tried. I walk up to the teacher's desk. "Excuse me, miss?" She looks up at me. Why can women teach at all-boys schools? Does that make sense to anyone else? Am I the only one that confuses? I sigh mentally and hand her the slip of paper given to me by the principal. "Here."
 
She takes it from me and points to an empty seat. What, no 'welcome to class'? I walk over to the seat she indicated. I sit down and put my binder in front of me. Looking up at the clock, I notice there's still a little time left before class starts so I decide to survey my surroundings. I'm in the third seat, in the last row, but there's no one in the desk behind me. There's a long row of windows on the wall left of me. I look out of one of aforementioned windows; it's a pretty nice view. The classroom is on the third floor so I'm fairly high up and can see quite a bit. I can the entire soccer field and a little less then half of the baseball diamond. But what I really like is what's beyond that. There's a small wooded area, maybe twenty or twenty-five yards out from the soccer field. My guess is that's it's a nature preserve that the school uses or something. I mean, Keisetsu High is a nice place; tuition is through the roof, or so I've been told. But to continue, the woods. Now I have excellent vision; I can guarantee that my vision is better than yours. I can already hear people telling me that they have 20/20 vision or something like that. You know what? I don't care. My vision is still better than yours. Which is why I can see a small stream running between the trees and two birds flying even farther out than the woods. The birds are circling something on the ground. I think they're hawks. That reminds me, I have to go see Kisai later... But I'm getting sidetracked. Now that I've described my wondrous view, let me describe my prison.
 
The floor is carpeted in an ugly blah sort of pattern, with purple and brown and this odd kind of dark reddish-maroon, that doesn't seem quite right for some reason. The walls are just plain white. At the front of the room is a chalkboard and to the far right of me are the door and the teacher's desk. All over the walls are those stupid posters that teachers seem to like for some as of yet unexplained reason. You know, the ones that say things about studying hard and being responsible, and other things that are in that general category. Pretty average stuff. The teacher herself is fairly ordinary as well. I mean, she's pretty enough, if you like that type. Which I don't, by the way. Never in this story will you ever hear me talking about some girl in any mushy, lovey-dovey, romantic kind of way. There are two very simple reasons for this: one, I've never done it before and I see no reason to start now; and two, I'm gay.
 
Pretty simple reasons, right? Before I continue my story, I'm going to take a break to talk to all of you listening to me right now. I'm saying this to all of you who just wrinkled your noses in disgust, to those of you for one reason or another have something against gays. Just leave. That's my message. Just press the back button on your internet browser and go away. Don't get me wrong; I don't have anything against people who hate gay people. Go ahead, hate us all you want. It's not going to make us turn straight. I'm only telling them to leave because I don't want people yelling and shooting flames later when I mention that a guy is cute or something. Which I'm sure to do. I mean, this is a high school story and I go to an all-boys school. It's gonna happen. So if any of you out there can't handle that, just find another story. There are plenty out there.
 
Now that I've gotten into the open (about that at least, don't worry the rest of my secrets will be found out later) let's continue with my story. For those of you still with me, thank you. I appreciate your tolerance or whatever you want to call it. I love you all.
 
To continue describing my teacher, she's tall, for a woman, probably taller than one or two of the guys in the class. She has glasses, small, black, wire frames. They're nice really. Very professional looking. She's dressed nicely, in a knee-length black skirt, and a navy blue, button-up blouse. Her black hair is pulled back in a single braid going down her back. Like I said, very nice looking.
 
As for the rest of the class, there are about ten students, as I said before, but there are about thirty desks, so the room looks pretty empty. I could describe each of the students, but that would bore both you and me so I'm going to skip that. The only person who really catches my attention is the guy in the front seat of the third row. He's sleeping. I'm not sure why no one wakes him up. I mean, they have to know that he's asleep. After all, he's snoring. And drooling. That's kind of gross.
 
I lean back in my chair and look out the window again. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long day.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
A/N: Hi everyone, Chishio here. Did everyone like the chapter? I hope so. I'd appreciate any and all reviews. But please no flames, I don't mind criticisms, but... at least have something useful to say.