Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Universal 1: the war ❯ chapter 1: radio ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Universal chapter 1: the radio
 
“Another boring day; sell crap, catch a thief or two, sell some more crap, then catch some more thieves, and then go home.” Leo said to himself boringly. Leo saw how busy the markets were today and said.
“What's with the crowds today? It never gets this busy!” Leo wondered. He approaches the heart of the crowd and he hears the crackle and buzzing as the radio came to life. Then a voice came through the crackling.
“This is the Global news network and it's eleven o'clock in the morning. We give up to date news about the wars and the weather today. Today in our three day forecast. Today will be sunny with a ten percent chance of rain. Tomorrow will be cloudy in the morning with sunshine in the afternoon. And Thursday will be rainy all day long and you should…”
“GET TO THE WAR YOU STUPID MACHINE!” A fire youkai shouted. Then the rest of the crowd shouting in agreement as the broadcast guy was taking over.
Then the broadcast guy stopped talking about the weather and said.
“Now we switch to the war between Vinci and Lulusta. Latest news that Kairu city was stuck between a skirmish between the two powerhouses with nearly all the buildings paved to the ground and with an estimated number near ten thousand dead and thousands injured in the crossfire.”
“Hey isn't that near here about fifty miles from here?” a youkai said. Then the radio slowly mumble, then it died. Then the crowd complained and started to ask what happened.
“Sorry guys, I can't keep up my youki for any longer or I'll blackout.” An electric youkai apologized. The crowd gave a sigh of disappointment.
“Show over folks, thank you for listening.” Said the owner of the radio with a voice of power. Leo wanted to hear more of war between Vinci and Lulusta.
“I got a generator for the radio.” Leo spoke up. They looked at him with interest.
“You got something to power the radio?” asked the owner of the radio while giving Leo a questioned glare.
“Yea, I have a gasoline generator that good power the radio for forty minutes.” Leo said.
“Why don't you do it already?” asked a member of the crowd.
“Okay, I could do it now.” Leo said. After a few minutes of setting up the generator, Leo plugged in the generator. The crowd once again gathered in front of the radio. They sat in front of the radio as it cracked and buzzed to life once again.
“This is the twelve o'clock radio broadcast, There is new development in the great war.” The radio crackled as the crowd stared into the box machine.
“For any towns or villages near Akatsuki city should be warned to move westward or they will be caught in the crossfire.” Leo knew what crossfire meant. It was the point in where Vinci and Lulusta would exchange blows or shot each other with guns and arrows, and any civilian in it was considered dead or really, really stupid. Then the radio crackles again.
“In fact of this moment, we are moving to a different station in Chinatsu city, so this is the announcer signing off.” Then after that the radio went dead. The people in the crowd, both human and youkai looked at each other with concerned looks. Even Leo was worried about the crossfire coming close to his local city. He knew that meant that,
ditch his stuff and travel light or
Try to sell his stuff for free or lower.
 
Either way he was going have to sell his heavy electronics or he liked to call his “Heavy crap”. He knew this might cause trouble and he could have been never more correct.