Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vessel ❯ Wrath ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wrath

The second gate came in the form of a note. Reily and Quinn were at school at the time. Melissa gave the folded-up piece of paper an odd look.

“Hm?”

She picked up the note and read it. Melissa raised her eyebrow.

“Oh…” Time to get back to work again. She's used to it by now.

---------

They are trying to act normal. Reily was already the loner in the school. Quinn was barely noticed anyway. They sat in the cafeteria. Quinn took in heavy breaths. Reily held his hand. The boy looked up.

“It's okay,” she said. He wants to believe her. He really does. The hunger gave him a stronger argument. Quinn's eyes wandered around the cafeteria. The student body carried on like normal. They talked and ate. Quinn broke into a cold sweat. The sounds grew louder in his ear. All those spoons. Clink. Clink. Clink. Clink. The boy winced.

Clink. Clink. Clink. Clink.

He covered his ears and winced. He couldn't take the sounds.

----------

He wanted revenge. Melissa killed his sister. The beast got away. So did the vessel. This would not do. They all had to pay.

His phone rang.

“Yeah?” the hunter asked. The call doesn't last long.

“Yes sir,” he said. “Yes. I'm on it!” The hunter hung up. It was time to go. He loaded his gear and headed out the door.

----------

As the hunter and Melissa were on the move, the Gate of Wrath began to open. The Sloth King wasn't done. He's about to have a new friend join him. The question is who is going to get there first.

II