Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Whatever Happens ❯ Pizza, Beer, and Breakfast Dates ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

‘Well I’m not paralyzed
But I seem to be struck by you
I wanna make you move
Because you’re standing still
And if your body matches
What your eyes can do
You’ll probably move right through
Me on my way to you’
Paralyzer ~ Finger Eleven


Adonis yawned and unlocked his door. Flicking on the lights he rubbed his eyes with the knuckles of his right hand flinging his jacket across an armchair with his left. He sprawled out across the couch with one leg braced on the floor and an arm across his eyes to block the light. In the quiet of his apartment he contemplated his newest problem.

He worked for a fairly large advertising company as a personal assistant to the CEO. Every year there was a big Christmas party hosted in the buildings ballroom. His boss had called him in a panic needing him to find an adequate pianist by Monday. Today was Thursday.

A knock at the door brought him from his depressed musings, pushing himself from the couch he went to answer it.

“Hey, I was wondering if I could borrow….Are you okay,” Adonis smiled wondering how it was that just this mans voice could chase off all of his worries.

“I’m fine Kit, you said you needed something,” Adonis fought the urge to pull Kit into his arms and inhale the clean scent of his hair. But that wouldn’t be appropriate.

Ever since the night Kit had moved in and brought him cupcakes he had come over to ask to borrow something. Suspiciously it was always around the time Adonis was making dinner. He had always invited Kit to eat with him, made him a plate to go, and watch Kit cross the hall back to his own apartment leaving the item he had requested to borrow on the end table.

“Yeah, um I need,” Kit paused looking around wondering about the lack of food.

He had learned to enjoy the other mans company, especially since he had very few acquaintances. Kit had become a splash of color in his otherwise monotone life. His life consisted of working, eating, and sleeping, but Kit had brought laughter and fun into his life.

‘I wonder if I was this boring before,’ Adonis wondered absently.

“Listen,” Kit shuffled his feet nervously, “Some friends of mine are taking me out to eat tonight,” He dared a look up at Adonis who had gone still, “I was wondering if maybe you would like to join us.”

‘Friends,’ His eyes widened as he looked back into violet orbs, ‘Does he think of me as a friend?’

“It’s okay if you don’t wanna go I just thoug-,”

“I would love to go with you,” Adonis cut off as Kit let out a relieved sigh.

“Well let’s go.”

Adonis grabbed his coat and locked his door before following Kit down the stairs and out of the building. He had rarely traveled outside of his apartment building at night time due to his hectic work schedule, and even then it had only been to grab groceries or fast food if he was feeling lazy.

“They said to meet them at the pizzeria over by the BART station,” Kit informed him taking his hand and leading him away from the buildings entrance. Adonis looked down at their connected hands stunned. Their fingers were not interlocked and Kit’s grip wasn’t especially firm, but the simple gesture touched him in a way.

‘Maybe he’s not as straight as he seems,’ was the first thought to cross his mind. During the first six months following his release from the hospital Adonis, in an attempt to find out what type of man he was, had tried a variety of different activities.

He had gone to a countless number of bars, functions, museums, galleries, parties, concerts, and clubs. He had also tried to date several women but had found not a single one attractive in any way. One night he had got piss drunk and stumbled into a club a few blocks from his house.

Upon entering he had acquired a prominent bulge in his pants from watching the performer twirl around a gleaming silver pole in the center of the stage wearing nothing but skintight leather shorts. It was the easily spotted bulge pressing against the front of those shorts that had excited him.

He had sat transfixed as fantasies of late night trysts and rumpled bed sheets filled his mind while watching the man rotate his hips and rub his bare chest.

For months after Adonis had struggled with that nights findings. He tried to sleep with different women but found himself unable to perform. It wasn’t until nine months after his release that he attempted intercourse with a man. The results had been explosive. It wasn’t to long after that Adonis accepted the fact that he was quite obviously homosexual.

Finding bed partners was no problem for him at all. Not only was he built like a Greek god, but he also lived in one of the most prominently Gay neighborhoods in California. Yet despite his experiences since his coming out, nothing had touched him as deeply as Kit’s simple action.

Kit looked at him and then down at their clasped hands, “I’m sorry,” he said releasing his hold instantly and speeding up his walking until he was a few steps ahead of him.

‘Maybe he’s not into guys,’ they both thought before Adonis reached forward and took Kit’s hand back into his own. Kit looked down again and noticed the thread bracelet tied around Adonis’s wrist. It was a simple friendship bracelet made from seven different colored threads, it was also a rainbow.

“Is that the place,” Adonis asked drawing Kit’s away from the bracelet and to the pizzeria they were approaching. There were a group of guys standing outside obviously waiting for something. Kit nodded just before one of the men turned and spotted them.

All five men clapped Kit on the back and sized up Adonis. Kit introduced them as Savator, Mark, Dennis, Maceo, and Zink. They all shook his hand before leading them to a large booth in a corner of the restaurant.

Three large pepperoni pizzas were set on the table in front of them along with pitchers of beer. Adonis watched quietly as Kit interacted with the other men.

‘Is that what it’s like,’ he wondered taking another slice of pizza, ‘to have friends.’

He noticed that Kit kept glancing worriedly at him from across the table. Adonis knew that Kit was concerned that he was not enjoying himself, when in fact the opposite was true. Sitting in a booth in a small pizza place, surrounded by men he had only just met, and sitting across from a man he was hopelessly attracted to, Adonis felt normal fro the first time in two years and Kit was to thank for it.

================================

“Adonis,” ; Kit inquired as he stared down at his shoes and twisted his hands. They were standing in the hallway between their respective doors.

Adonis, already sensing that Kit was about to apologize to him for nothing, silenced the man by pulling him into a hug. Being sure to keep his hands in ‘strictly platonic’ territory, he lay his head on top of Kits dark hair and inhaled deeply as he had wished to do for weeks. Trying his damnedest to ignore just how perfectly Kit fit against his body he said, “I had a wonderful time tonight Kit,” before releasing the darker man.

Kit looked up at Adonis, “Really?”

“Really,” Adonis confirmed, before turning to unlock and open his door. He heard Kit do the same behind him and turned to see the other man standing in his doorway gazing back at him. “You know,” Adonis began, “I was thinking about making a nice big breakfast tomorrow morning since I don’t have to work,” He tapped his forefinger against his chin thoughtfully, “But I would have no one to enjoy it with.”

Kit grinned before taking the bait. “Well I guess, since you’re in such a predicament, I could come over and help you out.”

“Say about eight o’clock.”

“I’ll be there,” Kit promised before waving goodnight and closing his door.

======================