Petite Princess Yucie Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses: Arc and Yucie ❯ Invitation ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: “Invitation”
Author: Wish Wielder
Pairing: Arc/Yucie
Fandom: Puchi Puri Yucie
Theme: #2 (news; letter)
Disclaimer: “Puchi Puri Yucie” and all respective properties are © Gainax/Yucie Committee. Meg “tN!!” D. (Wish Wielder) does not, has never, nor will ever own “Puchi Puri Yucie.”

“Invitation”

Arc yawned as he reached his hands high above his head, stretching out his spine as he fell back onto the warm grass. Above him was a vast blue sky; an occasional, wispy cloud broke the giant air sea, but for the most part it was nothing but endless blue. The sun shone brightly on the warm, spring afternoon, and a nearby tree cast some shade on him. However, he was not completely engulfed by its shadow; he was enjoying the feel of the warm sun on him, even if it was blocked by his white and blue shirt. His eyes slid closed, and a smile claimed his lips. There was only one thing that could make this perfect…
“Good afternoon!”
He cracked an eye open and glanced to his side, where Yucie had just plopped down (rather ungracefully, if he might add). She stretched out alongside him, and he grinned as he was once again forced to notice how much she had grown. She had finally stopped growing, and when her height had leveled off, she had come up to his chin. He couldn’t help but think how it was the best height for her; she wasn’t obnoxiously tall, but she wasn’t too short, either. She was perfect. She turned her head towards him and smiled.
“What’re you doing?” she asked. He shrugged and looked back up at the sky.
“I was thinking about taking a nap, but now I’m reconsidering it,” he said. He glanced at her outfit, a modified version of the Princess Academy uniform (Erlsel had said it was necessary; the skirts were just too short now that the girls looked their true age). “Just get out?”
“Yeah,” she said. She nudged his arm, scooting under it and cuddling against his side. He grinned and pulled her closer.
“You’re almost done, aren’t you?” he asked. She sat up suddenly, a look of remembrance upon her face.
“That’s right!” she said. She began searching through her pockets, and a moment later she produced a cream-colored envelope. His name was written across the front in curvy script, and on the back was the official seal of the Princess Academy. She handed it to him with a smile. “I wanted to give this to you.”
“What is it?” he asked, taking it from her. She smiled and shook her head.
“You have to open it,” she said. He sighed and cast her a suspicious look.
“They didn’t kick you out, did they?” he asked. A fierce blush stained her cheeks as she swatted his arm.
“Arc! That’s mean! They did not kick me out!” she said. He caught her wrist and tugged her back down, once again tucking her away under his arm. He reached around her and opened the envelope, his grin growing at her squirming.
“Good,” he said, “because I can’t marry you if you don’t graduate. Mother said.”
He ignored her blush and pulled out a card. He quirked a brow and cast her a fleeting look before he read through the short text. It was an invitation to her graduation ceremony, scheduled a week from then. He closed his eyes and put the card back in the envelope. He leaned his head back and tucked the invitation into a pocket. He could feel her watching him, and he knew she was waiting for an answer.
“A-Arc?” she asked hesitantly.
“So, it’s finally time then?” he asked. He turned his head, opening his eyes to give her a large grin. She smiled and nodded.
“Yeah,” she said. “One week. Our final examinations finish up over the next three days, then we start preparations and rehearsals.”
“I knew you could do it,” he said. He rolled over onto his side, pinning her to the ground.
“Arc?” she asked, her face shifting to a deeper red. He ran a finger along the contour of her cheek, smiling softly at her.
“I’m proud of you, Forehead,” he said. She smiled at him, tears glittering in her eyes.
“Thank you, Arc,” she said. He leaned down, sealing her lips to his in a gentle kiss. She pressed herself against him, her smile growing slightly at his actions. He pulled away only when breathing became an issue, and even then he buried his head in the crook of her neck, refusing to let her go just yet.
“So, you’ll be there?” she asked, somewhat nervously. She felt him kiss her neck, and a chill raced down her spine.
“Wouldn’t miss it for the world,” he said before resuming his assault on her neck. She grinned and kissed his cheek, smiling at him.
“You better not,” she said, “or I just might have to reconsider marrying you.”
“You wouldn’t!” he said, leaning up to look her in the eye. She giggled and shook her head.
“No, I wouldn’t,” she said, giving him a chaste kiss, “but it’s fun to tease.”
“And you say I’m mean,” he muttered.
“You are,” she said. “Where else do you think I got it from?”
“I’m not answering that,” he muttered, rolling onto his back. He pulled her on top of him, settling them both back into the grass. “I changed my mind. I do want to take that nap.”
“Arc?”
“But you’re taking it with me,” he said, winking at her. She sighed and shook her head, laughing slightly at his antics.
“Baka,” she whispered before she leaned against him, a soft smile on her face. He watched as she drifted off, and once he was sure she was asleep, he kissed her forehead.
“I really am proud of you, Yucie,” he said. “I always have been.”
He closed his eyes, and soon he had joined her in the world of dreams.

owari

a.n.:
Considered making this the proposal chap, ‘cause it just would’ve been so perfect, but I already have that one planned out. ;P ‘Nyway, just wanted to finish this one up before DSTPs start (had it started, but it festered… -.-’`) Hope y’all enjoyed!

Comments and constructive criticism welcomed. Please, don’t flame. If you can’t say your CC without flaming, don’t bother. Flames will be used to fuel Az’s bonfire for the yummy s’mores.