Pirates Of The Caribbean Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Hope ❯ THe Curse and the Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Inside a tree house with a river flowing out to the ocean at its base they mourned. The steady thunk- thunk of a knife lazily being thrown at wood was the only sound. The rag tag group of pirates, a blacksmith, a Governor's daughter, and a voodoo priestess all thought of their lost comrade.
“I know of a way.” Said the priestess said with happiness in her voice. “Do you wish to save him?” she asked looking at the tired faces drawing closer around the table she sat at with a faint shadow of hope lingering in their eyes. Tia watched their singles of yes which varied from a mumbled aye to a firm nod. “You must travel to the end of the world battle untold monsters and demons. But first you must find Jack's sister she will be your guide; they say she has been to the untold waters you are about to brave many times before, it is even rumored that she herself is one of the demons that roam there. Her name is Desdemona if you find her it is unsure if she will help you.” Thelma said in a odd mixture of hope and challenge.
“Can you give us an idea of were to find her?” William Turner the blacksmith turned prate asked. He didn't like Jack much but he felt it as a obligation to save the eccentric pirate captain.
“She live an island which no one as ever returned from, it is called the Island of the Lost Ones.” Tia handed him a map that was worn and had what appeared to be blood splattered on it.
“And if you believe pray to God that your life is sparred. Also it would be wise to carry a cross for those who believe, it is only as strong as the faith of the holder.” Thelma said watching them, the group seemed confused. “The Coven she is apart of is said to feed off the life force of humans; vampire.” She paused as the words sunk in. “Go now save him.” The shadow of hope in their eyes had grown to a shimmering light as they made their way back to the Black Pearl.
“So Gibbs you wouldn't happen to have any crosses anywhere would you?” Of course he would ask he was the jumpiest of them and no one really bothered to learn his man along with his fat friend; they were always together and they're annoying. Gibbs took a swing from his small bottle whiskey that he took everywhere and it seemed to have a never ending supply of the much treasured rum. Elizabeth joined their conversation while Will finished getting ready to cast off; they were left with a row boat after the attack so it didn't take much.
“We can probably reach Tortuga in three days. Anyone want to stay there?” he asked as he began to row towards the direction of Tortuga.
“No, Will your not leaving me there or anywhere else.” Elizabeth said with wide eyes; Will and her relationship had hit some hard times recently they argued frequently and often mad at each other.
“No not there but of course you want to be part of this.” Will whispered darkly his eyes had an angry look too them as did his face.
“Can you two bicker when we aren't trapped in a small boat and forced to be in the crossfire.” The fat one said nervously; both of them had a reputation of waving a sword when angered. The two stopped and looked pointedly in opposite directions. Everyone was silent for a few hours as Will continued to row. “Here lad I'll take over.” Gibbs said standing up from his seat beside Elizabeth and forcing them to sit next to each other. “Where do we get crosses?” Gibbs asked as he rowed with an effort. They shrugged and kept the silence the fat guy and the skinny guy with a glass eye were to afraid to break it and Will and Elizabeth were to stubborn. The trip to Tortuga left the five exhausted and irritable.
“Let's take that one.” Will said pointing to a well-made ship at the dock. “Alright let's go.” Apparent to all but them it was incredibly stupid to steal a good pirate ship with only five people who hadn't walked around in days were hungry and in need of a good night's sleep. But lucky for them the crew had left the ship unattended to partake in Tortuga's many hospitalities: wenches, rum, and more rum. Somehow they made it out of port and out into open sea. When they all found their way to the deck in the morning they realized that the well made ship had no food; which really went over real well.
“OF ALL THE BLOODY SHIPS WE HAD TO STEEL THE ONE WE DO HAS NO FOOD ON BOARD!!!!” Elizabeth screeched causing all the men wince and slink away before they happened to be blamed for this whole mess. Will who was at the wheel shook his head.
“Time to go fishing.” He said with a smile they weren't very happy with him. “We'll be at the Island of the Lost Ones in two weeks, one and a half if we don't stop so we'll have to make due with fending for ourselves for awhile. No one really talked to each other due to the strain they were all under at the moment; Elizabeth was avoided at all costs and Will was usually the unfortunate who got caught in her wrath.
“How are we supposed to rescue Jack if we can barely stand each other?” Everyone paused and looked at her good question; how were they going to do it.
“That's what Desdemona supposed to help us with, besides all we need is a good well cooked meal and we'll settle down.” Gibbs said with a side glance at Elizabeth; because of her all the weapons had to be hidden away for their safety.
“Will how much further?” Elizabeth asked they had been on bad terms lately and it was apparent she wanted to try and fix things.
“So you're talking to me again; we should be there in a day or so and let's hope there's some food there.” He replied tartly shoving her good intentions back into her face. The sky was blood red as the sun was setting, little did the group there was a curse that turned lovers into enemies and enemies into lovers, friends into traitors and vice versa. This was the main reason for the ships that never returned and if they made it past the curse the inhabitants of the island would get them. The darkest circles of hell are reserved of mutineers and traitors and here only they could survive and true believers wouldn't be there in the first place.
“Why are you so mad at me all I want to do is find Desdemona and save Jack! What's so wrong with that?” She was near hysteria now stretched beyond her limits and about to snap.
“You want to save Jack because you love him don't you?!” He too was irrational and murderous.
“Will I …” the words she wished to speak were no longer true she didn't love him anymore not after she'd seen the real him. “I'm sorry.” She whispered as she walked away.
“Why do you seek me?” There in front of them was a woman with hair so black that it shined blue and brilliant red eyes spoke, her dress was black but it was covered by a trench coat with fastening from mid chest to her hips.
“We wish to save your brother Jack Sparrow.”
“Captain Jack Sparrow.” She told Elizabeth without so much as a twitch of her lips. “You want my help make to my home on the island; if you can't make it then Jack goes unsaved.” She told them as she vanished from sight. They had new motivation now they scurried across deck attempting to make the ship go faster. She wanted them to make to the island, and she also wanted to rescue her older brother. Desdemona walked into the mansion that lay mostly under ground it was quiet there were only a few others in the huge house a few human servants for both food and cleaning but there was one other vampire on the island with her. He was her sire the one who made her a vampire she had only been a vampire for five years in those five years he hadn't let her out of his sight.
“My dear why did you go out?” he asked softly as he pull her to him. He had golden blonde hair that fell to the middle of his back and green eyes that resembled the color of spring.
“I heard them say my name and my brother's name; they wish me to help them save him. Edmond what do you want me to do?”