Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ A New Disaster ❯ Rising and Falling ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: hey everybody! Thanks for your comments and everything; sorry this chapter took so long! But I really hope you like it!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
 
CHAPTER THREE: Rising and Falling
 
Himeno walked beside Hyate on the sidewalk. She had no clue where they were going but she didn't care. Hyate had surprised her with tulips and gave her a kiss on the cheek. That was all she needed from him. After she had put the tulips in water she joined Hyate again at the front door and they left. That was somewhat of a half-hour ago. They were walking past street signs, people, shops, and not to Himenos' surprise, they walked past Goh's work. They kept on walking until they came by an open clearing. Hyate then took Himenos' hand and led her onto the field. Himeno gladly followed Hyate onto a spot on the field. He then stood her an exact way and then faced her. His blue eyes seemed to shimmer with happiness.
 
“Himeno,” he spoke quietly, but so she could hear, “I want to show you this before we go somewhere. Would that be alright?” Himeno couldn't bear the anticipation but she thought she should tease him.
 
“Why is it special?” He gave a smile. She knew she was going to hear a story.
 
“Actually I was flying around one night and I saw this sight and I thought you might want to see it too.” She looked around. It was getting dark and the street lamps were coming on.
 
What on earth would he want to show me...?
 
“Well, if you really insist, then I guess it will be okay.” Hyate then put his hand on her waist and lifted her into the air. Himeno felt wonderful being lifted into the air and feeling the breeze. She wished Hyate would do it more often. When they finally stopped in the air she looked at him to figure out which way to look. He nodded off in the direction behind her and she slowly turned her head. The first thing she did was gasp. It was beautiful and she didn't know how Hyate found such a thing. The street lights in the city seemed to be making the path of a rose. Himeno was speechless as she turned back to meet Hyates' gaze. He just smiled. Himeno didn't know what to do, she wanted to thank him, but she really didn't know how. The only thing she could think of doing would probably be out of the question for Hyate.
 
But he's the one who's pulling the romantic stuff…
 
Himeno made sure he was close enough before she planted her lips right on his. He looked taken back by the action, but he didn't protest. There they were, in mid air, kissing. Himeno just hoped that no one was looking at the night sky tonight. He then took the liberty in lowering them down to the ground, without ending the kiss. Himeno was too absorbed in it to notice where they were at all. Himeno placed her arms around his neck, drawing him closer to her. Hyate broke the kiss off suddenly and looked around wildly. Himeno just began to open her eyes and saw that he was acting weird and making sporadic movements with his head in directions around them.
 
“I heard something that sounded weird.” As soon as these words left his mouth Himeno was on alert too. She pulled away from Hyate and started to look everywhere. There was a rustle in the bushes that Himeno heard this time. Hyate had heard it too because he looked at the same time and direction as she did. She backed up against Hyate and in a flash he had grabbed her and moved them, in a gust of wind, over to the bush. He was moved away from her and right behind the bush. Hyate pulled someone out of the bush and had them in a headlock. The figure that Hyate was strangling seemed awfully familiar to Himeno.
 
Is that white hair...?
 
“Wait Hyate, that's Mannen!” Hyate let go of him and returned to Himenos' side. Mannen got up from behind the bush and had a hand on his neck.
 
“OW! Hyate that really hurt you know!” Himeno shook her head in disgust. She wondered if Mannen came here to spy on their date. At least they knew that it wasn't their new enemy coming to get them when their guard was down. She walked over to Mannen, hoping he was alright from Hyates' sudden attack, and knelt down next to him so they were eye level.
 
“Why did you sneak up on us Mannen? Don't you remember that we're up against a new enemy and anyone is suspicious?” Himeno asked him in a calmed voice that was soothing to the ear. Mannen looked at her in the eyes and then shyly looked at the ground. He seemed embarrassed about something.
 
“No, I knew that we all are in trouble, and that we shouldn't be messing around, but I didn't come here on my own free will.” This statement surprised Himeno and Hyate. He didn't really say that he was there because someone told him to right?
 
“Mannen what do you mean that you weren't here on your own free will spying on us!” Hyate was angry and you could tell it in his eyes. “Why are you here then Mannen, tell me!” Mannen looked at Himeno but looked as if he would be torn apart if he looked at Hyate. Himeno sort of felt sorry for him for some reason.
 
“Well, you see,” Mannen started his explanation, “there was this thing in the tree house. Sasame, Goh and Kei were drawing straws for some reason. So I wanted to join in and Goh wouldn't let me but then Sasame gave me his spot to pull a straw. When we pulled them I got the longest one and I thought I won when Goh turned to me and told me why they were drawing straws.” Himeno took a breath; she knew what was coming next. “Goh told me they were doing that to see who would spy on your date tonight and come back with the secrets. Stupid Goh told me that the one with the longest straw had to go or he had to watch Shin and Hajime. So I went. I'm sorry. Stupid Goh!” Mannen sounded like he was crying. Himeno quickly embraced him and stroked his hair. Goh had tricked him and when they got back, despite what she would do to him, she would tell Yayoi how much of a jerk he was. Then maybe he would stop harassing Mannen like this.
 
“Shh, calm down, everything is okay.” Himeno whispered softly into Mannens' hair. “Don't worry Mannen,” she brushed his tears away, “I'll make Hyate hurt him.” Hearing that Hyate entered the conversation.
 
“Wait, you think you can order me around?” Himeno looked at him but still held on to Mannen. His voice rose in question but it sounded as if he was annoyed by what she said.
 
“Hyate,” she said slowly and softly, “we're trying to make him feel better you idiot.” Hyate was taken aback as if to say that he really wasn't angry and he was just joking. Himeno would talk to him later but she really was focused on Mannen right now. “Mannen, I think we should get you back to the tree.” He nodded slowly, his uneasy breathing becoming steadier. Himeno turned to Hyates' gaze. “Hyate we can finish our date another night. I just think we should get Mannen back, he seems really tired.” Hyate nodded and walked over to them. He placed an arm around Himeno and a gust of wind took them to the tree. It was taking them home.
~
Himeno woke up the next morning lying on her bed without any covers. She had gotten to be late last night and hoped that it wasn't going to affect her at school today. She remembered last night very vividly though.
 
How they found Mannen…
 
Gohs' reaction when they showed up at the tree…
 
Hyates' reaction when Goh laughed at the date interruption…
 
She would never forget when Hyate dropped her back home and gave her a kiss goodnight…
 
Now though, she had to get up for school. She lifted her body even though it protested to the notion of her getting out of bed. She sat on the edge of the bed and thought that maybe she would just stay home. Then again, she had to tell Yayoi what happened last night. She stretched her arms out in front of her and above her head. Himeno rose off her bead and took her clothes off. She then slid her school uniform on and looked in the mirror. Her hair would never go the way she wanted it to go. So every morning she would look in the mirror, sigh, and them leave. So she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, took it out again and then left the mirror. She grabbed her bag off her chair and walked out her bedroom door. She gave a sigh and began to walk down the hallway to the dinning room so she could eat breakfast without Myune there. She was making her way down the stairs and around the corner when a voice rang out.
 
“Miss Himeno!” Himeno turned around to look at Mr. Tanaka running towards her. He was short, much shorter than her, and he always wore the same blue suit jacket. His hair, well, his hair was kind of non-existent on the account that he was practically bald. He came running right up to her and stopped to catch his breath. “Miss Himeno I'm so glad I caught up with you.” He was heaving and tried to calm himself down. “Your father wanted to see you before breakfast. I tried to get you in your room but you weren't in there.” Himeno didn't like this, she wanted to go to breakfast, sit without Myune and get to school early. Mr. Tanaka was just telling her to go to her father, so Himeno ended up giving in to the fact that she would sit with Myune at the table. Himeno nodded to Mr. Tanaka and headed off in the direction of her fathers' work place. Himeno walked alone in the hallway down to Reception Room Number 5, the room her dad had made into his office. She took a deep sigh and walked into the room. She found her dad staring out the back window. He was looking at something and seemed to be amused by it. Himeno shut the door behind her and walked up to her dad.
 
“Hey dad, you wanted to see me?” Himeno said quietly. Before she knew it he had surrounded her in a hug. Himeno gave a sigh and hugged him back. “Dad what's wrong?” He pulled back from the embrace and looked her in the eyes. Kaoru Awayuki was aging fast. You could tell by the lines under his eyes that were hidden by his glasses. Even his brown hair that was pulled back was starting to get little grey hairs. His smile seemed inconclusive; he looked either excited or worried. Himeno could never tell.
 
“Himeno, Natsue and I are going to America for a while and we're leaving you here with the mansion and your sisters. Tanaka will also be here to help if anything here gets out of hand.” Himeno blinked.
 
They're leaving…
 
Himeno gathered herself and tried to remain cool. She remembered that if Natsue and her dad weren't here then anything bad that happened wouldn't affect them and they wouldn't be in danger. Himeno then remembered that they weren't taking Myune or Mawata with them. That could be a problem, especially with the way Myune has been acting. Well at least going to America might make her dad be inspired and he might write something.
 
“Dad, that's great! I'm so happy for you. I really hope you and mom have a great time.” Himeno gave her best smile and her father gave his.
 
“OH I CAN'T WAIT! Going to America and I'm seeing the other side of the world! Oh this will be a blast!” He practically bounced out of the room to leave Himeno there by herself.
 
Better get breakfast then…
 
Himeno walked out of the room and shut the door. She headed down the hallway towards the dinning room. Himeno began to think about what it would be like with Natsue and her dad really in America. She could have meetings with the Leafe Knights in her house, the garden, and even in one of the reception rooms without being disturbed. They could also help her a lot more if they were here all the time. They could probably help with the situations that she was in lately. Mainly the situation with Myune that Himeno didn't quite understand. Himeno was alone for a few seconds and then she saw Myune turn the corner, she wasn't looking happy at all.
 
Speak of the devil…
 
Himeno straightened and gave a smile. Myune didn't return the smile. Instead, when she got close enough, she brushed past Himeno even though there was clearly enough walking space. Myune didn't seem to care because she just kept walking. Himeno had had it.
 
“Myune what's wrong why are you practically hitting me every time I see you? I really don't think I've done something wrong and if I have please tell me so we can work it out. I hate it when people act like this to each other. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.” Myune turned around and faced Himeno. Himeno got a weird feeling something was wrong when she saw Myunes' face. There was something about that made Himeno uncomfortable. Myune had a smile slowly creeping up on one side.
 
“The problem Himeno is that you exist.” With that Myune turned back around and walked away. Himeno had chills that wouldn't stop coming. She felt cold all of a sudden and then she thought something she should have thought about before.
 
Is the new darkness able to posses…?
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N: hey I hoped you liked it! and I hope you remember that these characters are not mine to own and they are from the story of Pretear. They are not from my twisted imagination unlike this story.
 
Anyway I hope that I can get the next chapter done soon…well a lot faster then I did this one at least.
 
And thank you for all your comments again!