Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped ❯ A move and a hopeless mind ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trapped
 
By.Enzeru
 
Disclaimer. Everyone here knows how much I don't own POT, right… And I don't own Katzutaka Muraki or Oriya. Cries
 
Chapter seven. A move and a hopeless mind.
 
Japan 3 years and 7 months after the incident.
 
 
Ryoga and Kevin had just arrived at the Echizen house in Japan after a long flight from the states. They had been a couple for all these years and Ryoga had wanted to move to Japan as he wanted to get close to his old home country. Kevin who barely talked to his parents that were so wrapped up in them selves had decided to join him and enter a Japanese school. Kevin's parents didn't really object to that, well his father had been to drunk to even realize he had a son and his mother was to depressed to care about the fact that she had a son.
 
And besides Kevin and Ryoga didn't want to live separated, and especially not by a giant ocean. They had talked to Rinko and she had been thrilled by the idea to have her older son home in Japan and welcomed his boyfriend with open arms. She liked the boy and felt that the two of them were perfect together. She had managed to clean up a room for them to live in until Kevin got old enough to live together with Ryoga in an apartment of their own. Now, Kevin was not old enough to live alone like that so Rinko and Nanjiroh were now his caretakers as his parents lived in America.
 
But they didn't mind living with Ryoga's parents. They were just happy to be able to live together at all. Their plane had arrived at night so when they arrived at home they both fell asleep as soon as they sat down on their bed. They didn't even have energy to undress and lie under the comforter.
 
Rinko smiled at the pair as she peeked inside the room. They where both lying across the bed facing each other with Ryoga holding Kevin to him as if protecting him and Kevin hid his face in Ryoga's chest. They looked so cute, she left her spot at the door only to reappear just a few seconds later. She looked inside again and brought up a camera. She took a photo of the pair and then she turned to leave.
 
After all this time they had all accepted the fact that there was nothing any of them could do. They didn't loose hope but there was nothing they could possibly do to find Ryoma. The police was not prioritizing the case but they would call from time to time with information or questions. During the last year the Echizen couple had been going back to America on request of the police to identify dead bodies five times. They had to go there and see a dead body in the morgue with the terrifying fear that it might be their boy lying there. But none of the boys had been Ryoma.
 
It was such a relief every time they left for Japan again but at the fifth call Rinko had refused to go. She couldn't deal with the fright and the awful feeling of slight disappointment she felt every time it was not her boy. She felt such guilt for that feeling that she could not handle going again.
 
It wasn't that she wanted her son to be dead but it would give her closure and she could finally move on. She was convinced that wherever Ryoma was he was suffering and hurting and he must be so afraid and that was something she didn't want her little boy to go through. Nanjiroh tried his best to keep her hopes up but she really didn't want to live on hope, she wanted her boy back.
 
But she managed to get through the days anyway and she was truly happy that Ryoga and Kevin had come to Japan. Ryoga had never really been in Japan but he wanted to be close to his roots. She had cleaned up Nanako's old room for the boys to live in. She didn't want anyone to live in Ryoma's room. She held his room spot clean and the only one who would ever live there except Ryoma would be Karupin.
 
Karupin had lived in America with Ryoga since the incident and now when they where here the first place Karupin had gone to was Ryoma's room. She had jumped onto his bed and fallen asleep too. Rinko left the door to that room a little open and then she joined Nanjiroh to get some sleep.
 
*POT*
 
“Oy Ryoga, Kevin” The two who had been walking through a park after they had played some tennis turned to see Momo running towards them. They smiled as they stopped to wait for him. He stopped in front of them and stood bent with his hands on his knees to catch his breath. Soon he stood and smiled.
 
“Welcome to Japan you guys. How has your first days been?”
 
“It's been fine, I mean I've always spoken Japanese so it's not something new to me but Kevin here isn't used to talking Japanese as soon as he's to talk to someone.” He smiled and Kevin just nudged him with his elbow in annoyance.
 
“Well it's lucky I found you here, I was chosen to come find you and invite you to dinner on Friday as a way to welcome you. Tezuka and Fuji have arranged it and won't take no for an answer. And knowing Fuji there will be consequences for not coming.” He shivered at the mere thought.
 
“We would love to come, right Kev?” Kevin gave him a bored look.
 
“I don't mind.” Kevin rarely shoved big interest in things if they really didn't interest him and a dinner sounded only slightly interesting. But still he would get to see the people he had been talking to for the past few years. Well they had met before but then he wasn't very nice to them. They all resumed walking and Ryoga turned to Momo.
 
“I saw that Fuji was doing very well with his tennis playing. I was truly impressed by their victory in the Davis Cup, managing to grant Japan its first victory in that tournament must really be huge right?” Kevin said.
 
“Yeah well Fuji is handling it great even though I think he's over exerting himself but Atobe is another thing. He really did not need another Ego boost. Ever since they got home he has been bragging about their game at every possible time. It's so annoying, I'm just lucky I don't have to see him so much. Well lately I haven't really seen any of the others that much. I've been quite busy. But I keep in touch as much as possible.”
 
“Yeah that's good. Can I ask you something? How is Fuji really? He always seems stressed out.” Ryoga said and noted the worry that flashed in Momo's eyes.
 
“I don't know. He rarely talks anymore. Barely says a word if not asked something first and he's always working or training. Personally I think he's going to run into a wall at any time. But whenever I try to talk to him he just avoids me and walks away.” That was more or less what Ryoga and Kevin had expected to hear. It seemed Fuji was trying to keep himself busy all the time for some reason and it was slowly tearing him apart. But he was a stubborn person and no one had ever been able to look into his life.
 
“How are the others then? All good?” Ryoga asked and Momo smiled.
 
“Yeah they're fine. Eiji and Syuichiroh have finally gotten an apartment together and are moving in this week. They're really thrilled about it to.” Momo got a wistful look on his face.
 
“And how is it between you and Kaoru?” Momo sighed and looked sad.
 
“I don't know, he just can't be around me in public. I mean even after all this time he still hasn't let anyone know of us. You two are the only ones who officially know. Every time we go out with the others he sits away from me and barely speaks to me and he only shows very little affection towards me when we are in private. I'm starting to think he doesn't love me at all, but then why would he not just break it off?” Kevin looked at Ryoga who put a hand at Momo's shoulder.
 
“You know, it sounds like he might have a problem facing his sexuality. Maybe he's afraid of whet people will think of him if they knew. Don't worry we'll try and help you with it if we can.” Momo smiled and nodded.
 
“Thank you. ” they all walked together until they reached a street where Momo had to head off in another direction. Ryoga and Kevin continued on their way.
 
The old Seigaku regular team still kept together and they spent time together regularly. They often played Tennis for fun or practice. Tezuka was still studying as did Oishi and Inui. They all graduated high school a little while ago and continued right on to college while Eiji and Takashi had started working instead. Takashi was working full time in his fathers Sushi shop and Eiji actually got a job as a tennis coach at a junior high. He was really proud of that.
 
Fuji had been putting all his energy on his tennis career for almost two years and had as a result gotten behind on his studying, therefor he had agreed to take his senior year of high school again. So he was juggling tennis training, school and a job. Now he was studying in the same year as Momo and Kaidoh. He had been asked to concentrate on his studies before continuing his professional career but couldn't seem to let tennis go completely, he played all the time in Japan now. Atobe had hired a private tutor to be able to finish high school during his tennis career and was now about to go to college and take a break from tennis too. Atobe and Fuji were the only ones who had perused a professional career at this young age.
 
Well, Oishi and Eiji were playing a little on a professional level as well. They had been participating once in the Australian open and once at Wimbledon. They still played doubles and they had only gotten better over these years.
 
Momo had become the Captain of Seigaku High School's tennis team and the position of Vice-captain was offered to Kaidoh. But once asked Kaidoh had declined the position. That had hurt Momo. Well, Kaidoh managed to hurt Momo all the time; he just couldn't treat Momo as one should treat the one they loved. But Momo did not let that trap him in a depression and he put everything he had into his position of captain.
 
Kaidoh somewhere deep in his mind knew he treated Momo wrong but he was blocking those thoughts out. He didn't want to deal with his emotions. He knew he loved Momo or at least he thought so. He felt a strong urge to be near the man and when they actually touched he felt a strong pull from the other man that was capturing him. Maybe that was what scared him the most. The feeling of being trapped, he really hated that.
 
He knew one thing for sure tough. He was afraid to admit to others of his feelings for Momo. He didn't want people to treat him different because he was like `that'. He never had a problem with other people being gay but he was from a somewhat conservative family and he didn't want anyone to dislike him because he was involved with a man. And yet he didn't want it to end, he was very confused and it did not help that he had no one to talk to about it. He never spoke of his feelings to anyone even Momo. He knew it was wrong, somewhere he really knew that but he still couldn't deal with that.
 
Kawamura had started working for his father the day after graduation. He was happy to finally be there. Even though he loved Tennis it was now more of a hobby to him and the sushi shop was his job and he loved it. He was still his shy and happy self. That was not to say that he wasn't affected by the incident, it was just that he was so filled with hope that he never let his life become suffering. He knew Ryoma would only worry for them all and he wanted to live to his hearts content for his young Kouhai. He was 100% sure that Ryoma would be back one day.
 
Eiji had been offered a job as a tennis coach after graduation and had happily accepted. He loved to be the one in charge. The others really doubted he could make a good teacher, he was too much of a playful child yet but he surprised them all. He became a great teacher that the kids liked since he took the time to get to know each and every one of them and make friends with them. And right now he was overjoyed by the fact that he and Oishi were moving in together. He bragged about that all the time to everyone he met. And all Oishi could do was blush and smile happily not even trying to silence him. The love they had for each other was very precious to the both of them.
 
*POT*
 
Later that night Kevin and Ryoga sat in a park near a big stream and were cuddling on a picnic blanket, Ryoga had brought Kevin by here just to surprise him with a picnic ready for the both of them. Kevin was so lucky to have a boyfriend like him. They had eaten and had a great time as they had been running around playing with a few kids who had asked them to join them in playing some soccer. Now they where both exhausted and it was only a couple of minutes to sunset. Ryoga sat with Kevin in his lap and his back to a tree and they just held each other.
 
“This was a great day Ryoga, thank you.” Kevin kissed Ryoga softly and Ryoga smiled down at him.
 
“I'm glad you liked it Kev-chan.” Ryoga laughed heartily at the look Kevin gave him as he used his favorite nickname for him.
 
“Don't call me that. It sounds so girly, and I'm absolutely not a girl.” Ryoga embraced Kevin and looked him deep in the eyes.
 
“No you are all man, trust me and I would have you no other way. I love you.” Ryoga then pressed his lips to the younger mans and kissed him passionately. Kevin responded eagerly and they stayed like that until they really had to let go if they would not die from lack of air, but on the other hand, what a way to go.
 
“Ah, Kevin look. The sun is setting.” They both looked at the sun as it disappeared behind the trees. It was a perfect moment and nothing could spoil it but there was something that could have made it better, Ryoma.
 
*POT*
 
Unknown location 3 years and 7 months after the incident.
 
Ryoma POV.
 
I stand here looking in the mirror, not moving just watching myself, at least I think it's me even though I think this person looks entirely different. I touch a strand of my hair and twine it between my fingers wearing an emotionless expression. I guess it's not really unusual for me to be emotionless but now I think I might have forgotten how to smile, I don't know and I don't care.
 
Blonde. Who would have thought I would have blonde hair? It's not very nice really, I liked it better when he made it blue last year. But I'm not the one who should like it, as long as Muraki-sama finds it attractive it's fine, he says it gives me a very exotic look with my golden eyes. I don't really care. I've gotten somewhat taller as well, but I still look very feminine. It seems I am not supposed to ever grow into the proper body of a man. Muraki-sama says that I'm as agile as a feline and that is one of the reasons I am so popular. He never wants me to grow and be come manly. Well it's not as if I care.
 
I feel a light scowl as I look at myself. I turn away from the disgusting picture. I hate myself and what I have become, I'm nothing more than a filthy whore who is no higher in standing than an flea-bitten alley dog. I walk out on the balcony, I'm actually allowed to be here now. As I sit here I'm looking down on the area below there's a big pool area and a bar with a huge dance-floor there. People are having the time of their life down there especially the ones who are accompanied by my `colleagues' and they seem to enjoy it too. I just don't get it, how can they enjoy what they do? It disgusts me. We're all spoiled goods, we're only good for one thing, and they might be able to fool themselves but not me. I know what we are, but I don't care.
 
Muraki-sama should be here soon, he said he was going to take me to dinner tonight. I was doing well yesterday, he was proud of me. The client was very satisfied. That's good, he was a very important client to Muraki-sama. He had paid more than anyone has given for me before. I suppose that's good, it makes no difference to me. But to make Muraki-sama pleased with my performances is beginning to prove to be a good thing for me. He rewards me every time only with small gestures but still, no punishment.
 
Because of that I was happy I think. I think I even smiled a tiny smile for the fraction of a second but I don't know I don't care. I was allowed to make a small request as a reward. I asked for some tennis magazines. One of the guards brought me a few different ones both new and old so I could catch up with most of the latest news.
 
As I looked in a magazine and a multi page article about the Davies cup came up I think I felt a tear run down my face, there on a big picture was a group photo of the Japanese team. They had won bringing Japan to its first victory ever in the Davis cup. And there in the middle of the group was my old friend Fuji Syusuke. It hurt my heart to see him again after all this time. But at the same time I was happy to see that they had moved on and perused their careers. I was even happy to see Atobe Keigo's face but I soon threw the magazine away and broke down in coughing sobs as my throat didn't like the pressure I put on it. It was the first time I had shown any emotions in a long time but after the guards had come in because of the noise and restrained me again and drugged me I soon forgot that feeling yet again.
 
I'm not allowed to play any tennis, Muraki-sama says it could draw attention towards me. I guess he's right and that alone is enough to keep me from wanting to play. I don't want to be recognized by anyone. To be anonymous is my only comfort here only Muraki-sama and his closest men know who I really am. I never want my old friends or my family to see me like this, to see what I have become. It'd be better if they think I'm dead.
 
He still hasn't even allowed me to go outside even with him. He says I'm about ready to accompany him soon. I just don't know what or where I'm to accompany him. He orders a girl who works here to color my hair from time to time, all to hide its true color. It's long to; it reaches down to the small of my back. So basically no one would be able to recognize me now, or maybe if they look properly since my eyes are always the same color and Muraki-sama don't want to use contact lenses since he loves my eyes.
 
I still don't really know where I am. Since I'm not allowed outside and my `clients' are from different cultures and no one has ever told me where we are. Actually no one tells me anything at all. The other whores are all forbidden to speak to me, and the guards just don't want to.
 
I don't care. I can't really speak anyway. When I try to talk it comes out like a raspy whisper and it hurts my throat, Muraki-sama told me it's because my vocal cords have been scarred from all the times that I was misbehaving and had to be punished. He often uses a braided leather rope to tie around my neck and would tighten it if I did not do what he told me to do. He has strangled me so much that I passed out multiple times.
 
But the one who has done the most damage was a client last year that was way to rough with me. He was extremely aggressive and threw me around like a mitten in the wind. All because I had made a sound of pain, he was very strict and had specifically told me not to make a sound during the entire time he was there. But who would be able to keep quiet with a man who enjoyed blood play. I was blindfolded so I did not see the knife he brought out.
 
The rules are always stated by Muraki-sama himself, there is to be no visible damage to me. I'm too valuable to allow the clients to use as a toy. They could be rough all right but not to the extent that it started showing on my skin. Bruises are to be light enough to disappear within two days, if that's not enough to satisfy the clients they are to choose one of the other whores but I don't care what they do.
 
But this man was not all there; he was under the influence of some kind of drug. Maybe even more than one I don't know. I don't care anymore. He threw me against a wall and I hit my head hard, he grabbed my throat and cut off my air supply completely when squeezing tight. He banged my head to the wall as he strangled me while at the same time raping me. Okay so I guess that's not right he had paid for my time so rape isn't right.
 
I used to think it was rape every time I was taken but Muraki-sama has explained that it's truly all I'm good for. He's told me to be proud of what I got. But I don't have anything to be proud off. When I got here I hardly knew anything about sex but I have been thoroughly educated, so to speak. Now I know more about it than I would have ever wanted.
 
I don't remember anything after that but I woke up in a hospital bed, I felt tremendous pain in my head and my throat. As I opened my eyes my vision was kinda blurry. I was told I had gotten such a beating that my head had cracked and I had a severe concussion, and as if that was not enough Muraki-sama told me I wouldn't be able to speak properly again. Apparently one of the vocal cords had gotten paralyzed and they were scarred and as a result I can't talk properly again. It is a breathy raspy sound that comes out. He claims it's not treatable so I will have to live with it. But my voice is not an important part of me he said. I don't care.
 
That was the day I gave in to him. I stopped doing anything for myself, I just shut down. I know what I am now but I don't care. I just want to die, to get away from this pitiful excuse of a life. Trust me it's not as if I haven't tried to disappear but having a master who's a doctor makes it difficult to do that with limited recourses. He started seeing a pattern in me and ordered for me to be watched more often and if I showed signs of to deep depression I was to be drugged so I would not do anything stupid. I don't care; I can't even die so what the hell am I supposed to do?
 
I do what I'm told and get rewarded instead. But I really do not care.
 
*POT*
 
Normal POV.
 
Ryoma heard his door opening and he stood to see who it was. Well it was not as if he expected any visitors but he had to be respectful. For every improvement he made in the behavioral department he got new rules to learn as well.
 
Now he was as close to a proper slave as could be. Katzutaka was very pleased. Ryoma knew to show respect, to do as told and to behave with his clients. But he had a problem with trying to end his life. And as long as he tried that Katzutaka could still not let him come outside. There were far too much things he could use to kill himself in the outside world.
 
But Katzutaka had high hopes to be able to bring him out within a year. As the man stepped into the room and walked to the balcony Ryoma bowed silently and straightened with his eyes cast low, as was the proper thing for a slave to do. Katzutaka smiled and caressed Ryoma's cheek with his glove-clad hand.
 
“I have come to take you to dinner with me in my room tonight. Your room needs to be thoroughly cleaned again, it has not been done in a few weeks now. And your furniture will as always going to be replaced with new ones. Now come my precious pet. Dinner will be served in a few minutes.” Ryoma let the man thread an arm around his waist and lead him out of his room.
 
They sat there in Katzutaka's room eating their food, well Katzutaka was eating his and Ryoma was being fed by the man with small pieces of food that would be easier for his throat to handle. Ryoma chewed his food long before swallowing and for every swallow he winced since it always put pressure on his vocal cords. He preferred to eat soft food such as sushi, soups, well-cooked pasta, ramen, and things like that. If he had to eat meat he liked boiled chicken or fish. But tonight Katzutaka fed him small pieced from his piece of steak, which made him chew very long and swallow carefully. Katzutaka put a glass of sake to his lips for every swallow.
 
Ryoma was not allowed to sit on a chair by the table, he was to kneel on the floor next to the older man. He was truly like a pampered dog at times, but he didn't feel that he deserved more. This was what he was meant to do, Katzutaka had told him it was his destiny to live by him and below him. Ryoma hated that but could do nothing. Ryoma just wished he could die and get away from it all.
 
Once Ryoma had broken the mirror in his bathroom and slit his wrists, but unfortunately Katzutaka had come to see him just minutes after and was able to save him and made sure to be careful not to leave scars on his wrists. He had tried more ways but now he had almost given up. Most days he was drugged so he would not be able to find a new way to go. He preferred to be drugged that way there would be no unwanted thoughts going through his head.
 
When Katzutaka was finished he called for the waiter who had been waiting quietly by the door to come clean everything up. Katzutaka looked at the still kneeling Ryoma.
 
“You may stand my sweet pet.” Ryoma stood in front of him.
 
“You have been a good boy, you ate everything given to you. Now you may thank me for my generosity.” Ryoma took a deep breath, he knew he had to talk if asked by his master.
 
“Thank you Muraki-sama, even though one as low as me is not worthy of such kindness.” He spoke slowly and carefully partly because he wanted his master to hear him and because it was easier on his throat that way.
 
“No my pet, if you behave and do exactly as I tell you to then you are worth anything I possibly can give. Now come and show me just how grateful you are.” He led Ryoma to his bedroom and Ryoma obediently followed. He knew what to do by now to please Katzutaka. He didn't need to like it just do it and be done with it.
 
This was his life now and it was proving to be impossible to change it. But Ryoma almost didn't care anymore.
 
XxXxX POT XxXxX
 
Reviewers…… Thank you all s o much for the wonderful reviews you leave. I couldn't live without them.
 
Thanx… FlyingShadow666, ChibisukeGirl, Tenshi-Tsubasa201, -w-e-i-r-d-b, Trumpet-Geek, yaelifivefour, maria, shadowinRW, Launigsiae, Shizuka Higashiyama.
 
Demon Lord Sesshomaru I hadn't really thought so much about the fact that I only said Yami no matsuei instead of giving up the English name too, I'm just fonder of the Japanese title but I do read in English. I have seen the entire Anime and read 7 books, I'm gonna buy more soon. I love this series; it's one of the most Beautiful mangas I've seen.
 
Empress Satori Yeah Fuji is taking it hard. I don't know yet if I want to label his feelings for Ryoma as Love or not, this is just how I see him dealing with the loss of someone who really got under his skin without him even knowing about it until after something like this happens. Maybe I will explore that more later on, in the next arc of this story. It is one of my Favorite pairings.
 
Animestar73 You got a little more Ryoga Kevin here, I hope you liked.
 
AN. Okay so here was one long chapter. The longest one for this story. The next chapter will probably be the last one for this first part of the series. The chapter is not complete yet so I'm not entirely sure about it yet. But most probably it will be the last. Then the unknown location will be found out finally.
 
As this part of the series is done I will start working on part two and after I have done a few chapters I will begin posting them. I want to do as much work as possible before posting anything.
 
I hope to have the next chapter up in a week's time, hopefully. Well I hope you liked this long chapter.
 
Don't forget to review and I'll see you in the next chapter.
 
 
Ja mata ne
 
 
Enzeru