Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Initial D Fan Fiction ❯ Initial D: Anything Goes Drift Racing ❯ Stage 3: Chapter 2: Changes In China Town ( Chapter 21 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Initial D: Mt Furinken. Anything Goes Drift Racing.
 
Stage 3: Chapter 2: Changes in China Town.
 
Ranma sat on the porch of the Tendo residence and watched the setting sun sink behind the garden wall. It had been almost three months since he and Akane had returned to find an unknown drifter had run Kuno off the road in an almost fatal accident.

But since then they had heard no more of the white supra. However they had had other things on their minds. School was almost unbearable with all the disappointed suitors launching regular attacks on one or another of them. Even Kuno, who had made a rapid recovery once a report of the pig tailed girl appearing in town again reach him, seemed to pop up everywhere.
 
Then there was the Martial Arts school. It hadn't been difficult to find pupils, many of the local drifters attended hoping to pickup some secrets from Ranma and the suitors hoping for another opportunity to take out their target.
 
Still it meant the money was rolling in and that meant it was time to go shopping. Now there were four new cars sitting in Kuno's garage next to his shiny new 2005 Impreza. In the last two weeks they had spent every free moment not learning or teaching working on the cars and now they were ready. The sound of a tuned engine roared in the distance and was gone.
 
Ranma shivered as a slender finger gently traced his spine, he felt warm breath in his ear and someone sit beside him.
 
“It's Saturday night honey.” Akane whispered.
 
“I think, it's time we staged a comeback.” Ranma replied, turning and kissing Akane's soft lips. She kissed back harder than he expected, there was almost an urgency to it.
 
“Are you ok?” He said stroking her hair.
 
“I'm just excited that's all, it's been so long.” She looked at him levelly as she spoke but a slight quiver told Ranma there was more to it.
 
“Are you sure? You know I can tell when your nervous.”
 
“I guess I'm a little worried about tonight. This guy that tried to kill Kuno, what if he shows up?”
 
Ranma put his arm around Akane. “There will be a mountain full of people there tonight, not to mention this is me we're talking about. Only a nutcase would try anything.”
 
“As boastful as always aye Ranma.” Akane laughed. To Ranma it sounded like the sweetest music. “Serious though Ranma, a nutcase is exactly what I'm worried about. They seem drawn to this town, to us. And you know I've been thinking about what Kuno said too.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“In the hospital, he said the driver was wearing plimsolls. There is someone that crazy we know like that.”
 
“I checked, Kodatchi was at a Gymnastics tournament that night.” Ranma said reassuringly.
 
“Actually there's someone else. When was the last time we saw Mousse, or any of those ridiculous Chinese Amazons for that matter.” She insisted.
 
“To be honest I'd tried not to think about that, I'd just been enjoying the piece and quiet, so to speak. Besides with Ukyo in America and Happossouai where ever he is I thought it might be tempting fate to even think about them.”
 
“Well before we go to Kuno's to get the cars I think we should drop by the Neko Hanten.”
 
Now Ranma looked nervous but he nodded anyway. He looked at his watch, “Well we might as well go now if we don't want to be late.”
 
*
 
Ranma and Akane stood in the door way of the Neko Hanten and waited for hell to break loose. It didn't.
 
When Ranma opened his eyes a young waitress stood facing him with a puzzled expression.
 
“May I help you?” She said in a sing song voice with a heavy Chinese accent. Ranma looked her up and down, she was about his age, an athletic form visible through the rather skimpy waitress uniform, her violet hair was pulled back in a pony tail with a miniature bonbon tucked in the bow.
 
“Shampoo?” Ranma said with the surprise of sudden recognition.
 
“Yes? How I help you sir and madam.” Shampoo said still puzzled.
 
“It's us Shampoo, don't you remember?” Akane said uneasily. The young Chinese Amazon peered closely at first Akane then Ranma.”
 
“Ah, Ranma kun, Akane chan. How are you, I not see you in long time.” She said smiling broadly. “Come in, take seat. I get you Ramen.”
 
They took their seats and watched Shampoo vanish into the kitchen. Looking round it seemed the Cat Café had had a bit of a makeover.
 
“Um, we're good thanks Shampoo. What happened here? How come we haven't seen you for so long.” Ranma called after her.
 
Shampoo's head popped out between the drapes across the doorway to the kitchen. “Oh, have been sooo busy. Mousse left go home after you start driving mountain. Not seen him since. Then Grandmother ill so I running café all alone while she get better. She go home to village to where special medicine is.”
 
So you've been running the Neko Hanten all this time on your own, why didn't you ask for help?” Akane asked.
 
“Is ok silly Akane chan, I hire nice student from England to help while she on holiday here. We do very well, no?” She said with a wave around the café. “She back soon, you meet, you like her.” Shampoo disappeared behind the curtain again and emerged a minute later with two bowls of ramen noodles.
 
Ranma had half lifted his fully laden chopsticks to his mouth when someone new bounced into the café.
 
“Shampoo, I back.” The newcomers voice trilled as she sprang into Shampoos arms wrapping her own around the Chinese girls waist and kissing her deeply on the lips. The newcomer was suddenly aware they had company and disentangled herself from Shampoo. She grinned foolishly at the guests. Ranma's mouth was still wide open, the noodles slipped from the chopsticks.
 
“Oh my.” Akane said sounding remarkable like her older sister Kasumi Ranma thought briefly.
 
“This Sarah.” Shampoo said blushing a red bright enough to make roses jealous. “She my assistant. And my lover.” She added quickly.
 
“Well I never saw this coming.” Akane remarked. “Did you Ranma?” Ranma had still not moved. “Oh snap out of it Ranma.”
 
“You know, she never did care which for I was in, did she?” He finally said. He stood to shake Sarah's hand. “Hi there.”
 
“Hi, I Sarah Lockhart, I from England, was on holiday and run out of money.” She spoke with the same pigeon Japanese as Shampoo but with an English accent. “I need job and Shampoo chan need help. She so cute I fell love first sight.”
 
Ranma looked Sarah over, she was about five foot five, slim but curvy with long blond hair down her back with blue streaks dyed in and Ranma had to admit looking at her face, she was very cute.
 
A loud cough from Akane brought him back to reality. “Stared enough?” She growled.
 
“Well I didn't know you could speak English Shampoo.” Ranma said quickly
 
“I can't.”
 
“Oh, so Sarah, you speak Chinese?” Akane said impressed.
 
“No. Just a little Japanese. But I'm learning from Shampoo.” Sarah replied hugging Shampoo.
 
Ranma and Akane shared a glance. Ranma suddenly remembered the time and glanced at his watch. “Look we've got somewhere to be but how about we drop by tomorrow? I'd like to know more about England.” Ranma said.
 
“Oh, we could have picnic in park.” Sarah clapped.
 
“Mm, see you tomorrow then. Akane said and hurried Ranma out the door. The two girls waved them goodbye then closed the door.
 
“You seem eager to see her again.” Akane said coldly.
 
“Don't be silly Akane, you are the only girl for me. I just thought it would be nice to have some more friends to hang out with and she's not after me anymore. Plus think what weird martial art Sarah may know.”
 
“Huh.” Akane huffed. Lets get to Kuno's. I have months of aggression I need to burn off.”
 
In his heart, Ranma too had been worried about the possibility the white supra would show up but right now he pitied the fate of anyone who tired to mess with his wife.