Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Initial D Fan Fiction ❯ Initial D: Anything Goes Drift Racing ❯ Stage 3: Chapter 6: Fight; Kuno vs Mousse ( Chapter 25 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Doctor Tofu peered through his ophthalmoscope deep into Ranma’s left eye and then his right, watching carefully the pupil response and checking the retina for damage. Finally he sat back in his chair and rested the device on a side table before patting Ranma on the shoulder.

“You’re a lucky young man there Ranma. It doesn’t look like there will be any permanent damage but you’re going to be seeing spots for a few days. I’ll give you some drops and suggest you pop back in a couple of days so I can see everything is back to normal.”

Doctor Tofu handed Ranma a tissue from a small box and got up to wash his hands at the clinics sink.

“So his sight will return doctor Tofu?” Akane asked with relief. She sat next to Ranma and helped him clean his face.

“His eyes are in a kind of shock right now but the exposure was minimal, if he had closed his eyes a second later then we might be looking at some more permanent damage but by tomorrow he should be able to see pretty well again.”

“I’m ok Akane. I’m starting to be able see again already.” Ranma said pushing Akane’s hands away, hopping off the medical bed and walking straight into Betty knocking the skeleton over.

“Oh yes Ranma, you’re obviously fine.” Akane huffed as she watched Ranma try and right the medical aid. “Let’s get you home shall we?”

Ranma gave up on his third try after knocking a series of test tubes of various goo from a shelf with the skeletons’ head and held out his hand. He felt the soft skin of Akane’s hand couple with his own and couldn’t help a little smile as she lead him from the room.

Outside Kuno waited leaning casually against his latest Subaru keeping watch.

“What is the verdict? He’d better not be blind after all the work we put into his car.”

“Give me a day and I’ll be right as rain again T. But even if I wasn’t I’d still beat you down the mountain.” Ranma laughed. “You hear anything about Mousse?”

Kuno looked down at his radio that had remained stubbornly silent. “Nothing. He must have gone into hiding somewhere but my spy is out scouring the streets.”

“I’m not sure that’s a very good idea Kuno, Mousse seems pretty unhinged right now. Maybe he’ll just leave after this defeat.” Akane responded as she helped Ranma into her car.

“Sasuke can take care of himself,” Kuno was cut off by the sound of squealing tires and a hard revving engine. “It’s him, I can recognize the exhaust from here, he’s coming this way.”

“Let’s get out of here.” Akane said.

“Too late, he’s here.” Ranma said cocking his head. He was right, at that moment the white Supra pulled across the end of the road and screeched to a halt.

“Soatome!” A familiar voice screamed as a white clad figure leapt from the car to land on it’s roof. He pointed an accusing finger and the martial artist. “Yet again you somehow avoided my trap but let’s see if you can avoid this.” Ranma couldn’t see what was coming but he could hear it, the air displaced rushing around some huge object as it hurtled towards him and Akane. Gripping her around the waist he leapt high just as the giant spiked mace ball smashed into the passenger side of Akane’s almost new car.

“Ahhh, that bastard!” She shrieked as she saw the damage to her Evo. “I haven’t even raced properly in her yet.”

“Akane, is our landing clear?” Ranma asked urgently. They had already begun to fall back to earth. Realizing their predicament she clung tightly to him and confirmed the ground below them was clear. Ranma landed smoothly bending his legs and softly depositing Akane on the ground. He felt the figure of Kuno step beside him, the sound of the wind whispering as it passed over the sharpened edge of his drawn bokken.

“He doesn’t know you are blind.” Kuno whispered.

“I think it’s the only reason he’s holding back. We need to finish this fast.”

Mousse hopped from the roof of his car and began slowly walking toward Ranma and Kuno. “So, I see it’s true. The once mighty Kuno had sided with his enemy. Why not join with me and we can finally be rid of this menace.” Mousse mocked.

Kuno stepped forward in front of Ranma with his sword ready to strike. “Things have changed round here Duck Boy. Time to show you the results of training with Ranma.” Kuno stepped forward again into a defiant pose as his battle aura flared. “Feel the wrath of Blue Thunder.” Kuno charged.

This was not a development Mousse had expected but one enemy was as good as another to him. He unleashed a torrent of spiked death on chains from his sleeves towards the charging swordsman.

The blade flashed sky blue, a modified version of the Lions Roar, the sword channeled Kuno’s ego slicing through the chains like a tornado though a picket fence and redirecting the projectiles harmlessly away and still he charged.

“Thunder Strike.” Yelled Kuno unnecessarily as he swung the blade in a wide arc at Mousse. He was still some distance away but that didn’t matter, the energy of the strike swept Mousse from his feet like a rag doll and hurled him skyward and over the horizon.

“I’ll beee baaaack.” Mousse’s voice echoed as his parting shout faded into the distance.

Akane could only stare open mouthed as Kuno returned, sheathing his sword. “That was incredible.” She said with such genuine praise in her voice, Kuno was stopped in his tracks. He beamed a wide smile Akane could never remember seeing him pull before. “You think he’ll be back?” Akane asked Ranma.

“Of course but I think Kuno bought us the time we needed to come up with a plan. Nice work T.”

“You know I was saving that move for you don’t you.”

Ranma felt Kuno’s hand on his shoulder as he passed him. “How bad is the Evo?”

“Salvageable. It’s all cosmetic I think, I’ll get it towed back to the garage so we can look at it properly. Mean time, what do we do about Mousse? This can’t go on.”

“I don’t know, I really don’t know.” Ranma sighed. “Just when you think you’re out, they pull you right back in again.”
Converting /tmp/phpyPv446 to /dev/stdout