Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction ❯ Aerial Ranma ❯ Air Ranma ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Aerial RanmaDISCLAIMER: I do not own Ranma or Streetfighter.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: For the purposes of this fanfic, Ranma is eighteen years old instead of sixteen.
Chapter One

When Ranma and his father, Genma, were on their training trip, Ranma had learned a great number of various styles. And sometimes they would stop at temples and training centers where Ranma would learn even more martial arts.

Ranma learned a lot from these martial masters. While they were in China Ranma learned from a master of stick fighting, named Master Po.

He saw Ranma's martial arts potential so he had him train with a staff and other stick weapons. Ranma seemed to take to the staff fairly well.

He didn't get to train Ranma for long because Genma and Ranma were constantly on the move. But Ranma got very familiar with stick weapons. Master Po invited Ranma to come back and train some more.

They were a few months away from getting to Jusenkyo because Genma had a hard time finding the place. While Genma and Ranma were walking in the general direction of Jusenkyo they were being watched

"This Ranma Saotome is a prime candidate for our experiments. We've improved the process since that fiasco with Blanka," Dr. Jones said.

"Yes. His potential is the equal of Hagetaka. If this works out, Shadowloo will have another powerful warrior," Prof. Ikeue said.

"Hagetaka was willing to become more powerful and his family was happy to accept the money they were given. But Ranma's father took our money and ran; he never gave his son to us," Dr. Jones said.

"No matter. Genma was paid. There's no way he can escape Shadowloo. I've brought some men and Hagetaka along. We'll get Ranma and use him for our experiments anyway," Prof. Ikeue said.

"We are ready. A man dressed in black and red said to the men. "Good. Go get the pigtailed boy. Make sure he isn't damaged!" the professor ordered.

As Genma and Ranma were walking through the forest Shadowloo agents were hidden among the various kinds of large plants and trees. There were plenty of places to hide.

Genma and Ranma suddenly found themselves surrounded. There were fifty of them. Then the doctor and professor showed up.

"Mr. Saotome, you were paid a lot of money for your son. Now we have come to collect him. You can leave now," the professor ordered.

"Uuh, I don't know what you're talking about!" Genma lied. "Now, excuse us! We have a lot places to go and people to see."

The Shadowloo agents whipped out weapons and moved in. Some of them had clubs of various sizes. Some had blades from the simple to the exotic.

"Ranma! This is a test. I want you to defeat all these men. I know you can do it. Make me proud. I'll just get out of your way," Genma said as he ran off.

"Hey Pop! Where are you going? Crazy old man. All right fellas. Let's see how tough you guys are," Ranma said as he got in a martial arts stance.

The Shadowloo agents immediately attacked Ranma. These warriors reminded him of ninjas but they weren't. Ranma was doing fairly well as he blocked an attack here, punched an agent here and kicked an agent there.

When there were only ten of them left, Ranma thought he heard a human sounding screech. Then he saw a bird like man flying towards him.

He was obviously Japanese but he looked like a hideous vulture man. While he was still human looking he had a beaked like nose and bird like eyes. He looked as much like a vulture as was humanly possible.

He was six feet tall weighing one hundred eighty pounds. He was very muscular and powerful looking. He had vulture colored, feathered hair and wings.

The vulture man attacked Ranma and barely missed him. Ranma was surprised at the speed of his speed. The bird like man did a 180 and flew back at Ranma to do another attack.

Ranma actually got in a punch that knocked back his attacker back a little. The vulture man shook off the effects of the blow and flew at Ranma with extra large ki talons out. These ki talons looked like weapons. They extended six inches from and around his hands.

Ranma tried to dodge the attack but attacker was too fast. His opponent had been toying with him! He slashed Ranma and followed up with a headbutt knocking him out.

"Good job, Hagetaka!" the professor called the vulture man. "Take him to Shadowloo Headquarters and make sure he's tied down. We'll get there after you do."

"Sure, no problem. I don't see what's so great about this guy anyway. I beat him with ease," Hagetaka said with pride as he flew off with his prisoner.

XXX

A few days later Ranma woke up in a laboratory. He was strapped to a chair. He felt he stronger and more powerful. Then he noticed two things on his back. He found he was able to make these things move. They were wings!

Dr. Jones and Prof. Ikeue came into the room. "Ah, you are awake. We have some more tests to run on you. So sit tight and go to sleep, Ranma," the doctor ordered.

Ranma found himself complying with the commands because he could not resist the control they had over him.

Over time, Ranma was taught how to better control his ki and become a more competent martial artist. He eventually was able to make an indestructable staff made out of ki appear and disappear at will.

This ki staff was six feet long and two inches in diameter. It looked like transparant, white crystal. It looked like a white and silver blur when Ranma used it in combat.

Ranma had become six feet tall weighing 180 pounds. He was lean and muscularly defined. He was more attractive and more mature looking than he was before. He was also more imposing and a lot tougher.

His wings which spanned twelve and a half feet were jet black just like his hair. He was fully ambidexterous and so were his wings which he could use like another pair of hands and arms; they were even able to do fine manipulation. He was able stretch his wings up to six feet per wing. He could also shapeshift his wings by wrapping them around his torso making it look as if he was wearing a feathered shirt.

His body was totally adapted to flying. He was able to fly over two hundred fifty miles per hour, he could double that in noncombat mode of flight.(Totally concentrating on flying)

He had no problem manuevering and engaging in hand to hand combat. The anything goes that he had learned from his father was based on aerial combat so Ranma was even more competent at adapting to his new condition.

He even was able to spar with Hagetaka on even terms. Sometimes he would actually beat him. But whenever Ranma defeated him, Hagetaka would order him to stand still as he shredded him with his ki talons.

They both had a little resistance to killing attacks, however as Ranma kept getting hit with Hagetaka's killing attacks, his resistance to killing attacks increased.

But despite all this, Ranma was still a slave. He could not fight the control these people had over him. Whenever he tried to fight their control he would have a massive headache at best. At worst he would pass out from the pain.

He did some mind control resistance exercises he had learned from one of the martial arts masters with whom he and his father had stayed.

No one noticed as Ranma did these exercises. His ability to fight the mind control increased as time went on. He simply bided his time.

XXX

One day he was ordered to kill someone. This was a beautiful young, Chinese girl. She had long, light brown hair. She was five feet six inches tall and curvacious. (She looked like a Chinese version of Steel Angel Kurumi)

"It's time you earned your keep around here. This girl here is an enemy of Shadowloo. Her family has defied our control. I have already killed her family. Now we want you to kill her, now!" Hagetaka ordered Ranma.

The young woman looked up at Ranma with fear and horror. "Please don't kill me, please!" the girl named Ai Mi Zhou pleaded with tears. Even though she was a martial artist, Bison's henchmen had brutalized and broken her will.

As Ranma hesitated from killing the beautiful girl he felt his head explode in pain. "Do as you're told!" he heard Hagetaka order. Then he heard "turn up the juice on the mind control chip we put in him!"

"That might kill him," A voice said. "Do it!" the Professor ordered. M. Bison was there sitting on his throne watching the whole event.

The pain Ranma suffered was indescribable. He had built up a very high pain threshold but the pain he was suffering surpassed even the threshold he had built up over time.

He then used his ki to build up a damage aura he had been practicing lately. He used the pain to increase his ki and chi to increase this damage aura to the point that the mind control chip was destroyed!

Even though the chip was inside his brain it still burned away. One of the scientists realized what had happened when he saw the area on his head where the chip had been placed burn.

"Watch out! He's free of our control!" a scientist called out. Hagetaka didn't much believe this and nonchalantly attacked Ranma.

Ranma made his ki staff appear and struck Hagetaka as hard as possible and knocked him out cold. He then grabbed Ai Mi and flew off.

"Stop him!" someone ordered. Several of the agents shot at Ranma but he evaded most of the gunfire easily. The few laser bolts that hit him bounced off but stung a bit.

Ranma carried Ai Mi to the training center where Master Po had trained him in stick fighting. Ranma had a bump of direction so he always knew his north, south, east and west. It was as if he had a compass inside of him. It took him some time but he eventually found the place.

Master Po was shocked when he saw a winged Ranma landing near his home. He was even more surprised when he saw Ranma carrying his granddaughter.

Ranma! Is that you?" Master Po asked. "Yes, Master Po. It's me. This is Ai Mi," Ranma answered. Ai Mi ran to her grandfather as soon Ranma landed.

"Ai Mi. What are you doing here? Where are your father and mother?" Master Po asked her. Ai Mi looked at him teary eyed.

"Let's come inside. We're having dinner. Please join us," Po suggested. When they had gotten inside they sat down to eat; something Ranma really appreciated. "Now tell me what happened." Master Po asked after the meal.

"They were killed by Bison," she said as she sobbed. She held her grandfather as she told him everything that had happened to her and how Ranma had rescued her.

Ranma explained to Po what had happened to him and how he had turned into a birdman. He also showed him the staff he had made out of pure ki.

"I was wondering if you could train me in the use of this staff. I had some training while I was Shadowloo's slave but I want to master this weapon all together" Ranma explained.

"Yes. I'm glad you came here. I thank you for rescuing my granddaughter. We'll start tomorrow. I also need to call my friend Dorai's daughter, Chun Li. She's an expert on Shadowloo."

XXX

Bison was sitting on his throne. Questioning his henchmen. He was furious! "How could this have happened? It's bad enough that the daughter of my enemies has escaped; but one of my warriors escaping my control is intolerable!"

Bison looked over Professor Ikeue and Dr. Jones. "Can Ranma be brought under my control again?" Bison demanded to know.

"We're not certain, Sire. I suspect that since Ranma destroyed the control chip putting in another one that would work would be almost impossible," Professor Ikeue explained.

"That is not acceptable. If it gets out that escaping my control is possible more will defie me. Hagetaka! Come forth!" Hagetaka flew forward. "I want you to find Ranma. Bring him back here or kill him!" Bison ordered.

"Yes, Sire!" Hagetaka answered. "I want some agents to find that girl as well. Who knows how much she knows about my organization?" Bison demanded. His orders were quickly obeyed.

XXX

After a three months of training under Master Po, Ranma had become an accomplished stick fighter. He was very efficient in the use of his ki staff. He was even more efficient at using his ki staff at aerial combat.

"Master Po, thank you for training me in your art and letting me stay here. I still want to see what happened to my father." Ranma said.

"All right, Ranma. But be careful. Bison sees you as his property. So he will surely send fighters after you. Don't forget he killed my son and his wife because they opposed him.

Here's Chun Li's address and phone number. She might be able to help you. She's been fighting Bison and Shadowloo for years. I left her a message on her answering machine but she hasn't answered it," Po said.

Ranma took the information and put it in his pocket. "I might talk to her later. But I gotta see what happened to my father. My father said we were going to a place called Jusenkyo. I'll start looking for him there. Do you know where that place is?" Ranma asked.

"Ranma, that place is dangerous! It would be dangerous for you to fall into any one of those springs. There's a guide there. He'll explain everything to you in detail. I'll tell you how to get there. But be careful," Master Po advised.

After Ranma got directions he flew off for Jusenkyo. When he got there he saw all the springs there. After noticing a little house near the area Ranma walked over to the house and knocked on the door.

The Jusenkyo Guide answered the door. "Greetings honored customer! Did you fall into one of the springs?"

"No, I haven't. Why would you ask that?" Ranma asked the guide.

"Why else would you have those wings? The curse you're under does not look familiar. You seem to have merged with the Spring of Drowned Raven."

"My wings have nothing to do with Jusenkyo or any spring. Shadowloo experimented on me. My old man sold me to them for a load of money and ran away when they came and got me.

Have you seen a bald fat guy wearing a martial arts gi? I'm looking for him. I haven't seen him in a long time. Lousy as he is, he's still my father," Ranma explained.

"Oh yes. I do remember. He fell in spring of drowned panda. He then went due east in the direction of Joketsuzoku, the land of the amazons.

But, Mr. customer, don't fall in any of the springs. It will very bad if you do. And be wary of the amazons. If you defeat one of them you will have to marry her," the guide warned as he explained how Jusenkyo curses worked and how to deal with them.

Ranma looked at the springs and the direction of the amazon village. "All right. Thanks. I'll keep that all in mind," Ranma said as he spread his wings and flew in the direction of the amazon village.

XXX

When Ranma arrived he saw mostly women working and going about their business. As he landed several amazon warriors stepped up to him warily.

"Who are you? And why are you here?" an amazon asked menacingly as she was backed up by other amazons.

I'm looking for a bald fat man who wore white clothes. I've been told he was cursed by Jusenkyo and turns into a panda," Ranma answered in Chinese.He had learned Chinese while he was at Shadowloo and more when he trained under Master Po. By this time he was fluent.

Then a small, old woman with long hair came pogoing on a cane towards him. The other amazons made room for her as she moved up.

"My name is Elder Cologne. There was such a man here but he escaped from us after he ate my granddaughter's prize feast for a martial arts match she won. How is it you have wings? Were you cursed by Jusenkyo?"

"No. What happened to me has nothing to do with Jusenkyo, springs or anything like that," Ranma answered.

Cologne could tell how powerful and skilled Ranma was. So she called her greatgranddaughter to her. "Shampoo he would make a great husband. His power is great," Cologne whispered to Shampoo.

All of a sudden Shampoo yelled out "I challenge you!" Ranma knew what this was all about so he prepared to fly off. But some of the amazons threw a steel mesh net over him which kept him from flying away.

With some effort Ranma broke free of the net and flew off. A thick part of the net struck Shampoo knocking her out. Cologne smiled at this. "It looks like the outsider has just defeated my Shampoo. As soon as Shampoo wakes up I'll inform her of this."

XXX

As Ranma was flying over the countryside he noticed a panda walking around on his hind legs. He was drinking wine or something like that. Ranma had eyes of a hawk. So he was able to see from a long distance.

Ranma landed and confronted the panda. "Pop? Is that you? It's me, Ranma!" Ranma said to the panda. The panda regarded Ranma for a moment.

Ranma was wearing a red shirt and green pants. There were openings in the back of his red shirts where his wings came out. His wings looked as if they belonged on him. He looked a lot better and more mature. He also looked more muscular and imposing. He had obviously done some serious training.

After having recognized Ranma Genma/Panda whipped out some signs that said "Ranma! What happened to you? Where have you been? Why have you abandoned your father you worthless child?!"

"Listen Pop. I did not abandon you. You sold me and left me in the hands of Shadowloo who turned me into what I am now!" Ranma stated a little upset.

The panda then whipped out some hot water and poured it on himself. "It was for the art boy. Now quit sounding like a woman!"

Genma then poured some hot water on Ranma but nothing happened. "I didn't fall into any of those springs at Jusenkyo, Pop. Those mad scientists at Shadowloo did this to me. But if you find me so repulsive I'll just go back to Master Po."

"Hold it boy! You have to meet your fiancee." Genma said desperately. "My fiancee?" Ranma asked incredulously.

"That's right. It's for family honor. You were engaged before you were born to one of the daughters of a friend of mine," Genma explained.

"I really don't have time for a fiancee. I'm going back to Master Po. Then I'm going to seek out someone called Chun Li who knows a lot about Shadowloo. Good bye, Pop." Ranma said.

"Wait, son. You have to marry one of my friends daughters. Family honor is too important. I know you care about that." Genma answered.

"That will sell him. I don't think him having wings is so bad. I'll still have that easy retirement I have planned," Genma thought to himself.

"All right. I'll visit them. But I won't lie to them. And I won't force any of them to marry me if they don't want to. Now where are these prospective fiancees?"

"They live in Tokyo, Japan, in the Nerima Ward. We'll have to swim back there." Genma explained.

"Swim there?" Ranma asked as he easily picked up Genma and flew off for Japan.

Shampoo had tracked Ranma down and saw him fly off. She knew he and the bald fat guy were Japanese. She also could tell Ranma was flying off to Japan. But as for where, she would simply track them down.

XXX

Ranma landed in Nerima with Genma in tow. "All right, Pop. We're here in Nerima. Where does your friend live?"

"Right this way, Ranma. But is there some way you can hide those wings?" Genma said regarding Ranma's wings.

"Just wait a minute," Ranma said as he took his shirt off and wrapped his wings around his upper body. When he was done he looked as if he was wearing a black feathered shirt. He then put his red chinese shirt back on.

"That better, Pop?" Ranma asked.

"Yes, that's a lot better. Now we're almost at the Tendos. Just follow me," Genma said happily.

XXX

Genma knocked on the door to the Tendo home. Eventually Kasumi answered the door. "Greetings! Is Soun Tendo home? If so, tell him Genma Saotome and his son are here."

After saying her greetings Kasumi let them in and told her father who was here. "Did you say Genma Saotome and his son is here?" Soun Tendo asked happily.

"Yes, Father," Kasumi answered. Soun ran towards the entrance and cried for joy when he saw Genma and Ranma. "Genma, my friend. How have you been? Is this your son?"

"Yes, of course. I've been fine but there are some things I've got to tell you. The training trip was long and hard but despite everything that happened I survived." Genma answered.

"Wait Genma! Let me get my daughters in here. Kasumi! Nabiki! Akane! Come in here! There's someone I want you to meet!"

Soun's daughters came in one by one. When everyone sat down. Genma explained about his and Ranma's training trip. He conveniently left out the part about selling Ranma to Shadowloo and Ranma having wings.

"Now all that's left is to have Ranma pick one of your daughters and then they can be married," Genma said happily. Soun's daughters were in shock.

"You want one of us to get married to this guy when he just got here?" Akane asked incredulously. Both her sisters were in agreement with her.

"But you must! It's all for the merging of the schools. It's also about family honor. Genma and I swore before any of you were born that our children would be married in order to merge our styles together," Soun stated.

"Have you forgotten something, Pop?" Ranma asked rather testily. He then grabbed Genma and threw him into the koi pond. The Tendos were shocked when a panda came out of the pond.

"Pop got himself cursed at a place called Jusenkyo. Cold water turns him into a panda. Hot water turns him back. But that's not the only thing. My problem isn't based on Jusenkyo. I'm not so sure it's a problem after all. But here it is."

Ranma took his shirt off and let his wings spread out. The Tendos were shocked again when they saw Ranma's wings. He also showed them his ki staff.

"What a pervert! Taking his shirt off like that!" Akane thought with disgust. "I wonder how much money I can make off of him," Nabiki thought. "He's gorgeous wings and all," Kasumi thought to herself.

"I was experimented on by mad scientists of Shadowloo to whom Pop had sold me. My wings have nothing to do with Jusenkyo. Yes they're real and I can fly. In fact I flew in here all the way from China and boy are my wings tired," Ranma said in jest.

Kasumi stifled a giggle but no one else was amused. Kasumi wondered if she could talk Ranma into taking her flying sometime. She sighed as she admired Ranma's muscularly defined physique. The wings actually looked good on him.

Akane was just furious over the idea of getting married to anyone and glared at Ranma. "Will he put his clothes back on already?" Akane thought but even she liked what she saw.

Nabiki thought he was hot. "I wish I had known our prospective fiance was going to show up today. I would have dressed more appropiately.

"This staff is made of pure ki. It's another result of my time at Shadowloo. After I escaped from them I mastered this staff. Master Po taught me his techniques. He is a master of all kinds of stick fighting.

I should warn you about Shadowloo. It's an evil organization bent on world conquest. They see me as their property so they might come here looking for me. You all should keep that in mind. I won't blame any of you if you feel the danger is too much for you and you want me out of your home." Ranma explained.

"Well your problem isn't so bad," Soun said as he put his hand on Ranma's shoulder. "Now here's Kasumi, 19. Here's Nabiki, 17. Here's Akane, 16. All you have to do is pick one and she'll be your fiancee. The one who marries you will inherit the dojo with you."

"Now hold up for a moment. I made this clear to my father before and I'll make it clear again. I won't force myself on any of your daughters.

I want to get to know them. Over the course of time I'll get to know your daughters and we'll figure out who will marry whom if at all," Ranma explained as he wrapped his wings around himself and put his shirt back on.

Kasumi admired Ranma's obvious intellenge and common sense. The wings didn't bother her at all. Nabiki was glad she'd have time to figure out if she wanted him or not. Akane simply refused to marry that perverted freak.

"That's a good idea. We appreciate that, Ranma," Kasumi said gently. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to get to dinner. You might want to wash up before dinner."

"Yeah, thanks," Ranma answered as he went to where he directed to the furo. After washing he took a soak in the hot water. He stretched his wings out and got comfortable.

Akane didn't notice the occupied sign. As she went into the furo after washing she saw Ranma and Ranma saw her. "Eeeek!" She screamed as she ran out of there.

"Akane, what's the matter?" Kasumi asked as she saw Akane visibly upset. "It was that birdbrained pervert, Ranma! He was in the furo and he saw me naked!"

"Did you notice the occupied sign?" Kasumi inquired patiently.

"That's not the point! Ranma saw me naked! He's a pervert!" Akane snapped back as Kasumi rolled her eyes at her. Kasumi then went to the furo and saw the occupied sign up.

"Akane, the occupied sign was up. What happened wasn't Ranma's fault. It was your fault. You should have been paying attention." Kasumi said.

"Why are you taking his side? He shouldn't even be here! There's no way I'm going to marry that birdbrained pervert!" Akane screamed.

"All right, Akane. I have to go finish cooking dinner." Kasumi said. "Would you like me to help you?" Akane asked. "No, that's okay."

XXX

Akane glared at Ranma all through dinner. She still blamed Ranma for what had happened in the furo.

Nabiki looked at Ranma circumspectively. She figured she could sell pictures of him to some of the girls at school. She could say the wings were a special effect or something like that.

Kasumi had a few fantasies about Ranma taking her in his arms and flying away into the sunset. She thought Ranma was a good man. He was tall, dark and handsome. She blushed a little as her thoughts became more imaginary.

Without anyone knowing she had been practicing the family's martial art. She had mastered the ability to get eight hours of sleep out of one hour. This enabled her to train, take care of the house and study medicine the way she wanted.

She also trained in tai chi and other martial arts. She even learned something called mind over matter which allowed her to train hard mentally, using her imagination and still get the benefits physically while sitting in a lotus position. Some of this was learned from books she read. Some martial arts masters taught her martial arts because she had cooked their food for them.

One of her teachers had told her that when the mind is powered up the rest will follow. Kasumi took this to heart. If anyone was paying attention they would have noticed how strong and agile she was.

Her abilities were obvious in the rare instances when she trained with and defeated many other martial artists. She once took on a gang of street toughs who had taken her kindness for a weakness.

The thugs who had attacked her were a lot more dangerous than the hentai horde at Furinkan High. They were actually serial rapists who fight with a combination of martial arts and streetfighting. They also used knives and guns without hesistation.

Despite all this Kasumi had beaten these guys up decisively. She not only used superior fighting skills but she had used shiatsu as well. She had literally kicked the forty or more of them out of town.

No one knew why the gang of thugs that had terrorized the Nerima area was gone but many young women gave a happy sigh of relief. This had happened when Kasumi was sixteen.

She was in fact a whole lot better a martial artist and fighter than Akane was. But she didn't have the heart to show Akane up. She knew Akane's self esteem was bound with being the "best martial artist in Nerima."

If she were to wear a bikini anyone would see she had a gorgeous, fit body a supermodel would envy. However, she had always dressed conservatively covering herself up.

Soun was hoping Ranma would pick one of his daughters so the schools could be joined. He was a little concerned that Ranma's wings might make him repulsive to them.

Genma thought how he would live in the lap of luxury while Ranma did all the heavy lifting. He also wondered when Ranma would pick his fiancee. He wondered how his wife, Nodoka would react to Ranma being a birdman.

Ranma thought all of Soun's daughters were attractive. But Kasumi was the best looking of them all. Ranma also noticed the inner beauty she had that surpassed both of her sisters.

"Well Ranma have you made up your mind yet?" Soun asked hopefully. "Daddyyy!!" All of his daughters said in unison.

"Mr. Tendo. I barely know your daughters. How about letting me get to know them little? I realize being engaged to a guy with a pair of wings will take time getting used to," Ranma said.

"That's why you need to get engaged now boy!" Genma demanded.

"I told you I wouldn't force myself on any of Tendo's daughters. If none of them want to marry me I'll just leave!" Ranma snapped back.

Kasumi looked upset at the idea of Ranma leaving. She had already warmed up to Ranma. Nabiki still had dollar signs in her head. Akane thought Ranma leaving was good riddance.

"I agree with Ranma. We should all get to know each other," Kasumi offered. Soun was shocked that Kasumi would say anything so profound. She was normally quite and oblivious to what was going on. Or so Soun thought.

"Since we're getting to know each other I have a few questions. Have you graduated high school yet? How do you plan to make money? What do you plan to do with your life?" Nabiki asked.

"I haven't quite graduated high school, but I got a G.E.D. when was when I was with Master Po. I'll answer the second and third question at once.

I plan to be the best martial artist in the world. I'll make money doing tournaments, teaching martial arts and if all else fails I can always pick fruit, become a roofer or treasure hunter," Ranma answered.

Nabiki found the last answer the most interesting. "How do you plan to be a treasure hunter? And how will you find treasure?" she asked.

"I know where some lost treasures are hidden. There's treasure deep under the sea. There's treasure and valuable artifacts all over the earth. I learned of this when I was a slave at Shadowloo.

I can hold my breath for a long time whether underwater or high in the sky where it's hard to breath. I can fly to where there's something valuable, like minerals or diamonds or something like that. I can also do deliveries. I've put a lot of thought into this. I have no intention of making my wife and or children poor.

But I don't love money for money's sake. I believe the excessive love of money is a root of many kinds of evil. All things must have their proper place." Ranma stated with certainty.

Kasumi and Akane looked at Nabiki as Ranma said this. Nabiki looked at Ranma as if he were an idiot. "There's no way I'm marrying someone who doesn't have a clue about money. I'm out!" Nabiki stated with certainty.

"I'm not marrying a perverted, winged freak like you either. I'm out too!" Akane stated with anger. Soun looked disheartened. He then turned to Kasumi.

"All right, Daddy. I'll be engaged to Ranma. But please don't rush us into marriage. I want to get know him. From what I can tell he seems like a good man," Kasumi said gently looking at her father.

Soun immediately took the opportunity. "All right! Agreed!" Soun said with relief. Genma just smiled and patted Soun on the back. "Well Tendo, looks like the schools will now be joined."

"Wait a minute! I'm the heir to our part of the school. Is Kasumi going to get everything just because she's marrying that freak? I'm the martial artist of this family!" Akane stated with confidence.

"Akane, I've been training in secret. So I know some martial arts. I know enough to help someone like Ranma run this dojo. And I've already proved I can take care of this home." Kasumi gently answered.

Akane laughed. "There's no way you can be anywhere near as good as me. Even if you have been training. I've had a lot of fights against perverted boys while you spent all of your time cooking and cleaning!"

"All right, Akane. Let's not have a big argument over it. I have some house cleaning to do." With that Kasumi left them. Ranma followed her.

"Kasumi, why did you let Akane think she was a better martial artist than you? I can tell you are a lot better than she is. You're better than your father come to think of it," Ranma said.

"Well, Akane has a great deal of self esteem from all of her martial arts training. If I were to show her up in martial arts she would be crushed. I'll just let her feel as if she's the best at something."

Then Ranma asked "But what if she has to defend herself and she gets clobbered or worse because she overrated herself?"

Kasumi thought of those gang rapists she beat up three years ago. Akane wouldn't have had much of a chance against them.

"I don't know, Ranma. Akane really isn't as bad as she seems. For some reason the boys at school decided to gang up on her. They acted like if any one of them would beat her he would have the right to do whatever he wanted to her. Anything! Since then Akane has hated boys. Her reasons are understandable. She's simply protecting herself. I don't want her to get hurt," Kasumi responded.

"That's what I'm talking about. She needs to understand her limitations. She has the talent to be a whole lot better. You're not helping her by letting her think she's invincible." Ranma said.

"Ranma, do you want to help Akane? Or do you just want to see her self esteem get crushed?" Kasumi asked while regarding him.

"Mostly I want to help her. But I wouldn't mind seeing her get knocked down a few pegs. She did call me a perverted freak. But I'll leave what to do about her to you. I know you care a great deal about her and have her best interests at heart. Now, how can I help you with your housework?"

XXX

AUTHOR'S NOTES: The reason I wrote this is because over twenty years ago I saw a Chinese cartoon called Chinese Gods. It was a cartoon that had a character that looked and sounded a lot like Bruce Lee.

But my favorite character was a winged man that flew very fast and used a staff with deadly proficiency. I'm going to try to write Ranma the same way.