Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Who to Blame ❯ Meeting is Such Sweet Sorrow ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Who to Blame

Chapter III: Meeting is Such Sweet Sorrow

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Not to be cheered by praise,
Not to be grieved by blame,
But to know thoroughly ones own virtues or powers
Are the characteristics of an excellent man.

Saskya Pandita

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"You jinxed us."

"Will you stop saying that? I did not `jinx' us, you moron!" Li yelled, attempting to throw the closest object (Andrew) at Jess.

"You did so. You said that if they were on a mission, and they were!" the older girl argued, hands on her hips.

"That inconclusive evidence!"

"Those words are too big!"

Joe, chuckling nervously, went to move between the two girls, who were close to strangling each other. "I think they've heard us…"

And, indeed, `they' had. Weiss and Schwarz, previously glaring at each other, had turned towards the raised platform Krieger was balanced precariously on.

"What?" Li said, whirling around. And straight off the platform. Which wouldn't've been so bad, but she hit a switch on her way down.

Joseph Deall, aka Phoenix, stared as Jess, Andrew, Li, and both of the other teams disappeared.

"Crap."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"AAHHH! *splash*" was the general sound in the green, spring-filled valley. A small tubby Chinese man, wearing what seemed to be a variation of a military uniform, hurried over to the area.

"Ooohhhh, this not good…." He said, brow furrowed, as the eleven people surfaced. Only a few were still human.

"What the hell?!?!" yelled Youji Kudou and Andrew Pennington at the same time, from the Spring of Drowned Girl. The insane Irish psychopath sharing the space merely stared forward blankly.

In the next pool over, Li was banging her head on a rock just outside her spring. "I knew I was a tomboy, but this is too much!" she/he said desperately.

"Ah, sirs and m'ams should come back to hut. I show you temporary cure, yes?" Without waiting for an answer, the so-called `Jusenkyo Guide' bustled back to his nice, safe hut.

Those who were able to grumbled, and all pulled themselves out of the deadly waters. Farfarello-chan soon had a snake (that answered to the name Nagi) wrapped around his neck. Not tightly, just dangling there. The Irishman was surprised to find out that he could feel it. As an experiment, he pulled out one of his knifes and pressed it slightly against his skin, ad winced as it actually _hurt_. And… He reached up and took off his eye patch. Yep, his eye had regrown. Freaky…

~*I agree.*~

Farfarello-chan's head whipped up. ~*Schuldich? What are you?*~

The German's mind voice sounded slightly sulky. ~*I'm the monkey.*~

Farfarello-chan burst out laughing, causing the others to back away from him. ~*A monkey?! You're joking!*~

~*Shut up. At least I'm not a girl!*~

~*Yeah, but I look prettier.*~ Farfarello-chan thought-spoke, smirking.

The rest of the walk was spent watching a monkey chase the laughing slim white haired girl.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

A/Ns: Okay, list of changes -

Andrew Pennington - Girl

Aya Fujiyama - Komodo dragon

Brad Crawford - Puppy

Farfarello - Girl

Jess Maclay - Panther

Ken Hidaka - Squirrel

Li Banner - Boy

Nagi Naoe - Snake

Omi Tsukiyono - Kitten

Schuldich - Monkey

Youji Kudou - Girl