Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ King of the asian sea ❯ a waterlogged begining ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
King of the Asian sea.was the age of wooden ships and high adventure. Trade flowed between Nippon, china and Macao. And where you have free trade going you are going to have people who are going to take advantage of it.


A 5-year-old boy and his father are swimming across the china strait from Japan. The young boy seems to be struggling a bit but is holding his own. In the distance a mast of a sailing ship can be seen. "We're in luck boy," the man said to his son, "it looks like it's going our way. We might not have to swim all the way to china after all." The little boy nodded and kept swimming.

20 minutes later the ship had pulled up along side of the 2 swimmers. The ship turned up to be a Gajin wooden ship. A rope ladder was lowered and the two swimmers climbed on board. What met their sight was not what they were expecting. An assortment of men of all sizes shapes and skin tones. The one thing that was in common for all of them was the fact that they were all either pointing flintlock pistols, muskets or cutlasses at them.

As they stood slack jawed a man in a long flowing jacket, breeches, and a leather jerkin came forward. It was immediately obvious that this man was the leader of this group of men due to the fact he seemed to radiate presence and the way his men parted for him. He looked at his men and said something that his men thought absolutely hilarious. Looking back at the people, dripping wet, on his deck he said in heavily accented Japanese " I am Captain Edward Wayneson, and who might you two water rats be?"

The man shrugged himself a little more comfortably in his gi top. " I am Genma Saotome and this is my son Ranma. We thank you for picking us up. Is there any chance that you would be going towards China by any chance?"

Captain Wayneson arched an eyebrow. "China you say huh, but first answer me this, how did you two come to be swimming out in the middle of nowhere eh? Perhaps you were cast overboard from a passing ship"