Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Universe: Alpha and Omega ❯ Chapter 6: And the Winner is... ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: And the Winner is…
 
 
Sorry about the cliffhanger… and no, those questions at the end of the last chapter about Nabiki and Kodachi were just there for fun. I hope that you, the reader enjoy this chapter… it certainly is different that most would expect. Thanks to Chris for the massive preread and tense fixing.
 
 
Edited on 3/23/2006: Fixed some errors I missed before.
 
 
After Akane falls asleep in his arms, Ranma takes stock of his current situation. `I still don't know who won… but I gotta keep hidden…'
 
Ranma gently backs up and pulls Akane into the closet and closes the door. Akane's eyes flutter open…
 
“Ranma…”
 
“You were gonna tell me something a second ago… but you passed out…” Ranma replies back. What he hears next surprises him…
 
“Ranma… I won…”
 
“Really?” Ranma asks, hoping that he isn't hearing things. “You beat the other three girls?”
 
“Well… Kodachi was already out when you disappeared. It was me versus Ukyo and Shampoo…” Akane says and then sighs.
 
“The match ended in a way that I didn't expect to happen…”
 
After a brief pause, Akane asks Ranma a question. “Why did Ukyo come and see you yesterday? Someone left me pictures of you two in an envelope…”
 
“Well, umm…” Ranma says, not knowing how Akane will react. “She wanted to know my… you know… feelings towards her. I told her that I loved her… like a sister…”
 
Akane considers Ranma's words and realizes that was why Ukyo was so depressed and heartbroken in those pictures that she saw this morning. `I should have known that was the case… it explains why she fought the way she did today…'
 
Ranma, feeling a bit excited about the fact that Akane just won, presses her for more details about the fight. “Tell me what happened after I ran off… I wanna know…”
 
Akane smiles. “Well, you could just watch it on tape… Nabiki had the match videotaped… but I'll tell you what happened. My dad was so worried about me that he was running up and down the sidelines, shouting my name… that's why he wasn't there when you got hit with the water…”
 
Akane, feeling tired from the match earlier, falls asleep again. Ranma moves his body slightly, allowing her head to rest on his chest. `She must have really given it her all… the way she keeps falling asleep on me…'
 
Ranma uses this quiet time to look at the woman who fought so hard… for him. His eyes, despite the low amount of light entering the closet, notice her hair and how it's wild on the ends. The faint smell of the strawberry shampoo she used in the morning fills Ranma's nostrils. `I'm close to her… and she's not hitting me… not calling me a pervert…'
 
Ranma is experiencing a warm feeling, both inside and out that is very unfamiliar to him...
 
 
Time passes and Ranma yawns. `It's been a long day… and I'm feeling tired…' He tries to keep awake but soon succumbs to his body's desire for sleep. A little while later another member of the household, who is searching for Ranma, opens the closet door and then gasps.
 
Ranma hears an all too familiar voice... “Oh my! Ranma, I don't think it's proper to lock yourself in the closet with my sister, at least not until you're married...”
 
Ranma, now totally awake, carefully moves his hands off of Akane and waves them frantically as he tries to convey the meaning of his words.
 
”Umm... well... it's not what you think...” Ranma says nervously... by doing that, however, she starts to fall... and he deftly catches her again. His face is now inches away from hers... Ranma begins to blush.
 
”Oh my, Ranma... are you sure that's proper behavior for being in a closet?” Kasumi asks, concerned about what she sees happening right in front of her eyes. The closeness between Ranma and Akane surprises her, given their past histories and inabilities to speak about what is truly on their mind.
 
Nabiki opens the door, and sees Kasumi. She asks if she's seen Ranma at all, to which Kasumi replies innocently... “Ranma and Akane are in the closet…”
 
Nabiki is very surprised, she asks a quick question- “What `ARE' they doing in the closet?”
 
A befuddled Kasumi can only manage to say... “They're sleeping together...”
 
Nabiki “Eeeps” and her eyes bug out at this comment on the part of Kasumi. Finally, Ranma manages to find his voice and yells out: “Hey, I'm not sleeping with her...”
 
Kasumi quickly responds... “But isn't she sleeping with you?” Nabiki can no longer contain her curiosity; she rushes into the room and quickly walks over to the closet. She looks down at the floor of the closet and sees Ranma and Akane... Akane is obviously asleep in his arms. She suddenly has a smirk on her lips and a twinkle in her eye...
 
“You're right, sis. She `IS' sleeping with Ranma...”
 
Ranma has a sleeping Akane in his arms, and Kasumi and Nabiki are watching his every move. He can't think of a way out of the situation... but he doesn't need to. For one of the few times in his life, Ranma is actually happy to hear his father bellowing to him. Ranma decides to take advantage of this opportunity to escape. He slowly stands up, and carries Akane over to his futon. He gently places her down and carefully covers her, then heads out to the hallway.
 
 
Nabiki makes a comment on her way out... “Bedding my sister already Saotome?” Ranma just ignores the comment and walks towards his dad.
 
About five seconds after exiting his room however, he is again startled by a familiar voice... this one he definitely did not want to hear...
 
“My son is such a MAAAAN!” Nodoka's voice rings through the hallway, piercing Ranma to the bone. He instantly goes on guard and becomes very, very afraid.
 
Genma, however, silently mouths the words `It's okay... don't worry...'
 
Ranma still hesitates but walks slowly down the hallway towards his father. Both enter the room and sit down in front of Nodoka. Without warning, she glomps her son and starts talking.
 
”My son is so manly, he can't wait for the honeymoon... he's already bedded her…”
 
Ranma's brain is nearly fried by her comments... he never imagined that his mother would say something like that.
 
Genma chuckles at his wife's comment... he then turns his head and yells “You hear that, Tendo... the schools will be joined for sure now...”
 
This triggers the preeminent Tendo waterworks display, which is in full effect at this point. He begins wailing about how his daughter's purity has been taken before the wedding...
 
Ranma is close to hyperventilating at this point... his eyes bug out and his jaw drops to the ground.
 
”Umm... what... huh?”
 
His head is shooting back and forth between Genma and Nodoka... trying to figure out what's going on. Nodoka jumps in and says “Hush now, Mr. Tendo... if we have the wedding this week, then no one will know the truth about Akane already having been in Ranma's bed... or maybe already being pregnant!
 
 
Before a thoroughly confused Ranma can manage to give a reply, he is saved (sort of) by Kasumi, who enters the room and says... “Oh my! But all Ranma did was let Akane fall asleep in his bed. He hasn't had time to do anything else yet...”
 
Ranma manages to mumble a “Thanks Kasumi” before noticing his mother's crestfallen and dejected expression...
 
”I was so looking forward to grandchildren...”
 
Ranma rolls his eyes and sighs aloud. He finally manages to speak... and does something that catches everyone's attention.
 
“But we didn't do anything! She's just asleep. Nothin' happened... geez you guys are really ruining everything for me... we're just trying to get along right now... if it wasn't for pops an' Mr. Tendo...”
 
Ranma stops for a moment, looks at Genma, and then continues. “...pushing us so hard to get married, Akane and I may've been friends... or more... but you two had to keep stickin' your stupid noses into our lives! An' because of that she hated me!”
 
Nabiki, who has been listening from the hallway, lets off a soft whistle to herself and thinks `Ranma's really getting into this... who knew the jock had it in him. Damn! I wish I had my recorder.'
 
Nodoka blinks and wonders to herself... `She's hated him? I didn't know that...' She slowly releases Ranma from her hug and starts to ponder what he just said.
 
Ranma takes this opportunity to stand up, deciding to express himself... what Akane just did for him has affected him in a way that he never expected.
 
“Akane- what did she fight for? For her pride? For her family name? Or did she fight for me? We argue and fight and insult each other all the time... but she still fought...” Ranma lowers his head and then continues.
“Me... a stupid freak with a Baka-curse. Why'd she do it? Why?”
 
Kasumi stands beside Ranma and gently places her hand on his shoulder.
 
“Ranma, despite what she has said before, I know my sister cares for you very deeply.”
 
“But why?” He asks, his voice carrying the desperation and pain that many did not think he was capable of feeling.
 
”We are not her, but you may want to ask her yourself.”
 
”But I can't! Everytime I try to talk to her all we manage to do is to insult each other and fight.”
 
”My son...” Nodoka says softly.
 
Kasumi smiles at him and asks, “Ranma, do you remember what we talked about a few nights ago?”
 
”Yea but what's that...”
 
”If you meant it, then isn't it time to show her?”
 
”But... how?”
 
Kasumi begins to explain what Ranma needs to do… “You can start by...”
 
”I know!” Shouts Genma, cutting Kasumi off. “You can take her...”
 
A sudden splash of water and Genma is making growling noises as a panda again. “Really, he's not one to listen to about this,” Nabiki says with a sigh.
 
“Ok... um Nabiki... how... I mean... I wanna... but...” Being unable to really bring his thoughts into words, he finally sighs and asks, “What do I do?”
 
“Ranma, my son...” Nodoka says softly.
 
”Yea mom?”
 
”What is it that you want? Do you wish to take her out on a date or is there something else?”
 
”Well... um... kinda... I guess.”
 
”You guess.”
 
”Well, I...”
 
“What he means Auntie...” Nabiki cuts in, trying to help him. “Is that his fool of a father never taught him how to talk to, or treat a lady properly.”
 
”NEVER?”
 
“I see,” she continues, while shooting a deathlike look to a now shivering Panda. “Well then I guess if you are serious about this then you need to start with first asking her out somewhere, like to a park. There you will have few distractions and you two can just talk...”
 
“But that's not the problem!” He whines.
 
“How so?” Nodoka asks.
 
He sighs dejectedly. “Everytime we talk... something happens and we just end up arguing and calling each other names and stuff.”
 
“Then I believe its time you become a man and stop the childish name calling,” Nodoka says sternly causing Ranma to flinch.
 
”Yes momma...”
 
”As punishment, for calling her any names... I will...” Nodoka thinks about what she can do to cause him to want to grow up and finally comes up with a plan. “For each name you call her, you... and your father will skip a meal.”
 
“WHAT!” Ranma shouts and then clamps a hand over his mouth.
 
Panda-Genma runs up behind Ranma and hits him with a sign then shoves the sign into Ranma's face. “Please boy! Don't shout at your mother ever again!” the sign reads.
 
Ranma sighs inwardly at the thought of this punishment, it'll be quite a difficult task to accomplish... but one worth trying he quickly decides. A thought then strikes Ranma, “Um... Kasumi... is dinner ready?”
 
Kasumi smiles at him, “Why yes it is, would you like some?” A glint comes to his eyes that both Nodoka and Nabiki notice, “Sure, I'll go wake up that uncute tomboy and...”
 
“Ranma!” Nodoka and Kasumi admonish simultaneously.
 
“Oh... um… I guess I'll skip dinner then...” With a smile and a wave he returns to his room leaving a rather shocked panda behind.
 
”GROWF!” A very heartbroken and tearful panda cries.
 
”Oh my... Auntie, I guess since Ranma insulted Akane then he should miss dinner… and Mr. Saotome, too…”
 
”GROWF!” A very heartbroken and tearful panda cried.
 
Ranma chuckles to himself as he walks down the hallway towards his room. His plan had worked out perfectly at the cost of a meal or two. He enters the room and finds the sleeping Akane still lying there, fast asleep in his futon. Ranma sits down next to her and stares at his sleeping fiancée and thinks about her and what just happened, along with his mother's words.
 
'Akane... she can be such a mystery sometimes. I think Kasumi was right, though. Who else would endure a whole week of Happosai's training just to win the fight... I can't bear to think of it. That old man... who knows what he may have done to her...'
 
Akane stirs for a moment and rolls over. Ranma can see a contented look on her face along with a smile... he thinks to himself: `She must be dreaming... and she looks happy'
 
Ranma decides to think about how to approach Akane before waking her up. Talking is his first priority... both of them need to talk about certain pressing issues. He quietly talks to himself, being careful not to awaken the sleeping Akane.
 
”She looks so peaceful when she's asleep... she must have been totally exhausted by that fight earlier. I know that lately there's been some problems between us... but I could swear she's been trying to control herself a little better” Ranma pauses and takes a deep breath and then continues. “She had every right to be angry at me for that doll incident... I nearly lost her because that doll had possessed her. Akane really went after me... but I felt... bad about what happened. I keep saving her and she's even saved me a few times...”
 
Akane stirs again and Ranma goes silent. He wants to get these thoughts off of his chest but is not yet ready to tell Akane face to face. He continues to talk to himself softly after Akane settles down again.
 
”I had no idea... that it was you in that doll or that the evil doll took your place. Everytime I think about that, I can't help but wonder what would've happened if you hadn't shown up... I could've lost you. I barely even know yah, but I'm... I'm... scared to lose you. The worst part is, I don't even know how to get to know yah... everytime we get to talk, all we do is argue and fight.”
 
Ranma chuckles. “Pops ain't never told me about what to do with a girl, all he ever taught me was how to fight...” Ranma closes his fist and then looks at it. “That's all I know... at the time, I thought it was all I'd ever need to know. Now all that training seems to be... useless.”
 
Akane looks at Ranma wide-eyed, she had never expected to hear him say such things. He fails to notice the fact that she is now sitting up and staring at him. Ranma is off in his own world...
 
”Scared...” Ranma says softly. “Imagine, me sayin' I'm scared of anythin'. Hell if pops knew, he'd try and beat me up for it an' say that I was bein' weak an all. But damn it... It seems I keep getting scared around you.”
 
Akane looks at him, not sure what to say or how to respond to that. She carefully lays herself back down on the futon and looks at him as he continues.
 
”I thought I was scared before... but today... I was terrified. I thought... I thought I might lose you. Kasumi asked me a few nights ago if I loved you... and... and... and I do. I couldn't say it then... but she knew. And I'm scared to tell you cause I'm scared of what could happen, and that you'd say...”
 
Sighing Ranma looks up from his hands and just stares up at the ceiling. “What the hell do I do now? I ain't got a clue how to talk to you, an everyone seems to think I need to do something, but what? I know pops an' your dad want us to get married... but... I don't think we're ready for that yet. I mean how can we really get married if we don't really even know each other yet?”
 
”Damn it Akane... why can't I ever say anything to yah when yer awake... I must be a coward. I can't even talk to you when you're awake. I wish... I wish I could make you understand me… an'...”
 
Akane decides now would be a good time to let Ranma know that she's awake and has been listening to him pour his heart out. She looks intently at Ranma and says...
 
”You just did... I've been listening all along...” Ranma freaks out for a moment, he could have sworn that she was asleep.
 
”Akane... I... um... you see... um...”
 
She is touched by his words and she does not want to ruin the moment. “Shush...” she says softly as she places a finger on his lips causing him to become stiff as a board.
 
“I'm... I... I'm s-sorry... I never really understood you before. I mean we were engaged, but I don't think I ever really knew the `real' you. You have to understand that the only boys I knew that gave me any attention where those idiots that Kuno got to fight me every morning. So when you showed up and I was going to be forced to marry you... I hated it.” She adds the last part softly and hearing her say that she hated it causes Ranma's eyes to open wide.
 
“God this is hard...” Akane says softly before continuing.
 
”What was I supposed to do?” She lets out a sigh and then sits back on her knees and looks at him.
 
“And then at first you were a girl... and then suddenly you were a boy... I... I...“
 
She thinks back to what he had said and feels guilty for what she had put him though. “I was scared Ranma, and I panicked. It was easier to just call you a pervert and treat you just like all the others. The only time I had anything against your curse was when you misused it, like when you have a taste on sweets...”
 
Ranma nods his head, acknowledging her words. “My umm... mom. She kinda had an idea...”
 
Akane hears these words and patiently waits to hear about this idea. “Okay... tell me about it...”
 
”She said that maybe I should umm... take you to the park or somethin', you know... so we can talk without being distracted... or disturbed by the Dumbatic Duo.”
 
Akane smiles at his comment, “Sure… that sounds like a good idea…”
 
She then slowly gets to her feet but suddenly feels lightheaded. She begins to fall but Ranma catches her in his arms before she hits the ground.
 
“I don't think you're up for doing anythin' today… I think you should rest…” Ranma says, concerned about her condition.
 
Akane sighs and then looks up at Ranma. “Maybe you're right… but before I do that, I want to watch the fight with you… so I can explain what happened…”
 
In response to her request, Ranma stoops down and turns his back to her. He then motions to her and says: “Get on, and let's go find your sister…”
 
Akane carefully climbs onto Ranma's back and holds on tightly as he stands up and walks over to Nabiki's room. After knocking twice, Nabiki finally says “Come in”. Ranma enters the room and as expected, Nabiki snaps off a smart comment about the couple.
 
“So Ranma... I see you've swept my baby sister off her feet already... were you planning on ravishing her body here for me to watch and videotape, or was there something else you wanted?” As she says this, she leans forward teasing him by letting him catch a glimpse of the tops of her breasts.
 
Ranma blushes but then remembers why he even bothered to deal with Nabiki and her antics. “Lighten up Nabiki. Akane here says you got a tape or something of today's fight…”
 
“But of course… it was quite the fight you know… Akane here sure did us proud…” Nabiki says as she looks at her sister, who is barely managing to stay awake on Ranma's shoulder. “I take it that you wanna see what you missed of the fight…”
 
Ranma nods his head. “Yeah… I wanna see how Akane beat the other three girls…”
 
“Well, normally I'd charge a viewing fee… but… I'm in a good mood today…” Nabiki says as she eyes a stack of large bills on her desk… profit from today's gambling enterprise. She reaches for a VHS tape and hands it to Ranma. “No charge…”
 
Ranma's jaw drops. “I must be hearing things… I could've sworn I heard Nabiki say no charge…” A weary Akane says softly.
 
Ranma decides to mess with Akane a little. “You're asleep… and this is all a dream…”
 
“Oh…” Akane says softly. Akane decides to give into some of her desires… since this is a dream. Ranma is surprised to feel Akane kissing his neck a moment later. `That feels good…' Ranma thinks as Nabiki's eyebrows begin to go up…
 
“Very clever, Ranma…” Nabiki says as her sister continues to kiss Ranma's neck. He begins to tremble a little bit, causing Akane to open her eyes.
 
“Ranma… what's Nabiki doing in my dream?” Akane asks innocently.
 
“Well, umm…” Is about all the blushing martial artist can say.
 
”Oh nothing little sister... I'm just here to make sure that you bed Ranma properly…” Nabiki says with a smirk.
 
”Oh...” The half asleep Akane says and then instead of kissing Ranma's neck she begins to lick him lightly at first as her hands start to caress his chest.
 
By now, Ranma's mind is very close to shutting down completely. He begins to become even more acutely aware of her slender legs wrapped around his waist squeezing him seductively as he holds onto them there. He can even feel her ample chest as it presses into his back softly. But her tongue on his neck has the majority of his attention... even though her hands are rubbing his chest... it's her tongue that has his mind turning to goo. Then she starts nibbling on his ear making his legs weak.
 
Nabiki just blinks at her little sister and then starts to frantically think of a way to get them out of her room before Akane does decide to take him to bed. And Nabiki would prefer they not use her bed for this. “A-Akane... why don't you...”
 
She was interrupted by a faint yet familiar sound from Akane... “Zzzzzzzz”
 
Ranma's half open eyes slowly began to focus again. “That... was... close…” He softly says to himself.
 
A wagging finger gets Ranma's attention a moment later. “That's what you get for lying to my sister, Ranma. Well... why don't you take her to bed... I mean put her in her own bed....”
 
Ranma slowly nods his head and turns around to walk off. However as he turns around and leaves, Nabiki can only think of one thing. “So that's why they call him a wild horse...” Then quickly shaking her head, she moves to open her window to allow a little cool air into her room.
 
`Akane was about to get hot and heavy with Ranma just now… I'm glad she fell asleep. Who knew that she had all these desires bottled up inside of her… since she's always calling people perverts and such…'
 
 
Ranma's curiosity still has the best of him as he heads downstairs. `I gotta know how she won… won for me…' He puts the VHS tape in the VCR which Nabiki had set up just a few days ago and hits play. As Ranma sits down on the floor, Akane's eyes flutter open again and she notices what's playing on the TV screen.
 
“So she decided to let you get the tape after all…” Akane yawns, referring to Nabiki.
 
“Yeah… and for free. I wanna see how you won…”
 
“It wasn't easy, Ranma… but I'm glad I took the time to train… it made all the difference, as you'll see…” She says sleepily.
 
Akane slowly gets off of Ranma's back and sits down next to him in front of the TV. Ranma watches with rapt attention, especially after the part where he had to run for his life. He makes some mental notes about what he sees on the screen… `She definitely was using some of the old man's tricks… but it was just a fist fight for the most part there…'
 
“That was a little crazy…” Akane says, commenting at the three-way fist-fight that ensued after Ukyo's flour bomb attack. “Ukyo ended up double-teaming Shampoo with me… she didn't last too long…”
 
“I bet Shampoo was pissed off… `cause of being double-teamed there…”
 
“Well… she's lucky that she didn't get turned into a cat… Ukyo almost got her with that water…” Akane says as her eyes turn to look at Ranma. “Watch the screen… cause what happens next really surprised me…”
 
Ranma watches the TV with rapt attention. Ukyo is now facing Akane, one on one.
 
“Listen to what she says…” Akane says as she starts to relive the events that are on the TV screen in her own mind.
 
Ranma reaches for the volume control and turns it up… just in time to hear Akane talking.
 
“I won't let you take Ranma from me… you don't know what I went through to train for this fight…”
 
Ukyo shakes her head and reaches for her spatula. Ranma turns and looks at Akane… who's sporting a red blush on her face. Akane slowly turns and looks at Ranma… and is surprised to find a strange smile on his face. To draw attention away from her face, she motions at the TV screen. Ranma turns his head and watches as Ukyo salutes Akane.
 
“This is gonna end… but not in the way you think it will…”
 
A confused Akane on the TV screen goes on guard... and is surprised to see Ukyo turn around and walk towards the sidelines.
 
“Wait! Where are you going?” Akane says as she begins to follow the chef.
 
Ukyo turns around for a moment. “You'd better treat him right… or else…” After making this comment, she continues walking away from Akane. She soon disappears into the crowds that had gathered for the fight.
 
 
Akane remains rooted to the spot, motionless- even after Nabiki makes an announcement saying that Akane is the winner… since Ukyo left the field. Soun and Kasumi run up to Akane and both give her a hug and begin to congratulate her.
 
“So that's what happened…”
 
“Yeah…” Akane says as she slowly nods her head.
 
The TV screen begins to show a view of the crowds dispersing… a few lucky people head over to Nabiki to collect… but most of the gamblers go away empty handed.
 
“Looks like Nabiki made a killing today… only a few people are collecting money from her…” Ranma says as the screen starts to blank out.
 
Akane shakes her head. “I wasn't the favorite to win… I think Shampoo was.” Akane turns and smiles at Ranma. “I guess I beat the odds…”
 
“Yeah… ummm… yah certainly did…” Ranma says as he returns her smile. There's a few moment of silence before a voice is heard in the distance.
 
“Those were some interesting… moves, Akane…” Nodoka says as she enters the room. “I talked to Master Happosai and he mentioned your training… you must have really wanted to be with my son if you learned techniques of that... nature.”
 
Akane blushes and then looks at Nodoka.
 
“Ranma here is certainly the most interesting guy I've ever met… ever since he came into my life…”
 
Akane stops and looks at Ranma. Her eyes narrow and then she speaks again.
 
“There's been nothing but trouble…”
 
“Gee thanks…” is Ranma's reply a moment later.
 
“I'm sure she didn't mean that… right, Akane?' Nodoka looks sternly at Akane.
 
Looking at her hands that are resting in her lap, Akane speaks softly. “I... I just never knew where I stood, or what to do. One minute he was nice and kind... the next he's acting like a complete jerk.” She lets out a soft sigh.
 
“What was I supposed to think when I went from being single, to engaged, and then find out that my fiancée has so many other fiancées as well... and... and it felt like he cared for them more... but he kept coming back to me... why... it... it just hurt so much...”
 
“Akane... I...” Ranma starts to say but Akane cuts him off.
 
Even though he insulted me so many times each day... he was always protecting me, and just... he went through so much just for me...” She slowly looks up to the Saotome matriarch. “Tell me Auntie, what should I have done... what could I do? I... I never even understood how I really felt.”
 
”Oh Akane...” Nodoka says sadly while thinking that a certain panda was definitely going to get something tonight... and it was going to be a piece of her mind... and her sword.
 
”None of us.... have ever really learned how to just… to just... talk to each other without insults... I... I was just so mad since he showed up that every time I talked to him I just... I couldn't help it... and when he'd say something, it'd end up sounding like an insult too. So I went off on him.”
 
”Akane... I... I'm sorry...” Ranma says sadly.
 
“Akane... dear... Give my son a chance… he's had a very… hard 11 years. My husband is definitely to blame for not teaching Ranma how to deal with women, among other things. I think once you two get a chance to really talk to each other more, you'll fight with each other less…” Nodoka pauses to smile at the teens. “I already know that you've confessed your love for each other…”
 
“Mooooom!” A red-faced Ranma exclaims almost immediately. Akane glances at Ranma and then looks back at Nodoka, a slight blush creeping across her face as well.
 
Kasumi peeks her head into the room. “Dinner is ready…”
 
Nodoka nods her head. “We'll be right there…” Nodoka extends a hand out to Akane and helps her to her feet. Both women head for the kitchen… but Akane stops and asks Nodoka a question.
 
“What about Ranma? Isn't he eating?”
 
“No… he's being punished… he has to skip dinner tonight…” Is the reply back a moment later.
 
“Oh…” Akane says as she takes a glance at Ranma before heading into the kitchen. Ranma sighs and then gets back on his feet. Since he can't eat dinner, he decides to go upstairs to his room and meditate… `So much happened today… Akane and I talked and didn't get mad at each other… wow… that's new'
 
 
Downstairs at the dinner table, Akane is pretty quiet. Exhaustion from the battle is the main reason for this… but she's also thinking about Nodoka's explanation of why Ranma is being punished. `Why'd he insult me? There has to be a reason… and I'm gonna make him tell me after dinner…'
 
Soun looks over at his daughter and wonders if anything is wrong. “Akane, are you alright? You're pretty quiet this evening…”
 
“Oh, it's nothing…” Akane replies as she reaches for more rice when an idea suddenly strikes her… one that'll make Ranma talk for sure. Casting a quick glance around the table, Akane makes her move, and then smiles as no one apparently notices. However, Kasumi had noticed Akane's “theft” of an eggroll from the plate and how she didn't eat it, which made her wonder if it was food for Ranma.
 
Around the table, the family exchanges small talk, trying to ignore how pathetic Genma looks sitting in the adjoining room and not at the dinner table as usual. As per his `punishment' that Nodoka is imposing. Yet she has yet to vocalize her feelings about the way her husband has raised Ranma. So while the rest of the family knew he was being punished, they did not know why.
 
A little while later, Akane finishes her food and pushes her plate forward. “I'm full and I can't eat another bite…”
 
“Why don't you go upstairs and get some rest, dear- you've certainly had a long day” Nodoka says as she stands up. “Do you need any help to get upstairs?”
 
“I'll be fine…” Akane replies as she slowly stands up. “Good night”
 
“Good night” Is the reply back from everyone else at the table.
 
After Akane walks out of the room, Genma pulls out a bottle of sake hoping that at least this would not be taken from him. “We should celebrate Tendo! After all, Akane won and Ranma has only one fiancée now! The schools will finally be joined!”
 
“I'll drink to that, Saotome…” Soun heartily says, causing Nabiki to sigh aloud.
 
“I'm going to my room… I'm not gonna stay around and watch you two get drunk…” Nabiki says as she stands up.
 
Nodoka looks firmly at her husband. “That's alright Nabiki dear, because my husband will not be drinking tonight if he knows what's good for him.”
 
“Huh?” Is about all the stunned Genma can say in reply.
 
Genma sweats and looks at his wife with a worried grin. “Ah yes... sorry Tendo my friend... but... I have urgent matters to attend to... so we will have to postpone our um...”
 
”Genma Saotome...” Nodoka warns.
 
”Yes dear...” he replies with his head hung low.
 
`Wow… I don't believe this. She's in total control of him…' Nabiki thinks to herself as her eyebrows go up. For his part, Soun glances nervously at Nodoka and prays that she says nothing to him.
 
Genma and Nodoka silently leave the room… Soun says a short prayer for his friend and then leaves the room. Nabiki just shakes her head and decides to call it a night, leaving Kasumi all alone at the table. Despite all that's just happened, one thing is on her mind… her sister. `I hope Akane doesn't tease Ranma too much. That eggroll is certainly not enough to satisfy him.'
 
 
Upstairs in Ranma's room, Akane finds a sound asleep Ranma lying down on his futon. With a slight grin on her face, she sits down next to Ranma and waves the eggroll back and forth near his nostrils, allowing the pleasant aroma to wander inside. Ranma starts mumbling something about “Tasting good” before suddenly waking up. His eyes lock onto the egg roll and he moves his hands to grab it…
 
“No food for you… until you answer my question…” Akane says as she moves the egg roll just out of reach.
 
Ranma sits up on his futon and wonders what kind of question she's going to ask him. His stomach rumbles and he decides that anything will be worth getting a hold of some food. “Fine, fine… go ahead…”
 
“Why did you…” Akane lowers her glance and starts looking down at the floor. “Why did you insult me earlier? Your mom told me all about your punishment…”
 
“Akane, I…” Ranma can see that Akane is beginning to tremble slightly and tears are forming in her eyes.
 
“Why Ranma?” Akane asks again as she turns to look at him.
 
Ranma knows that he didn't mean for this happen… but unless he says something fast, Akane won't know the real reason and could end up hating him again. Ranma takes a deep breath to collect his thoughts and then with a downcast look answers her question. “Akane, I was just tryin' to get pops back for all he did to us… cause if I don't eat dinner, he don't eat. I wasn't tryin' to insult yah on purpose…”
 
“Oh…” Akane says as she slowly wipes the tears from her eyes. She pauses for a moment and then a slight grin makes its way onto her face. “So that means you think I'm cute now… right?”
 
Looking at her grin Ranma can only smile in response and think, “You have no idea...” However he is a bit confused when Akane suddenly blushes as he does not realize he just said that out loud. There is a moment of silence before Akane speaks.
 
“Ranma… could you… carry me back to my room? I liked it when you carried me around earlier…”
 
“Sure…” A smiling Ranma says as he stands up. In his excitement over being able to talk to Akane without making her mad, while also getting her to smile at him, he makes one small mistake. Slipping one arm behind her knees, and the other one against her back he suddenly lifts her up off the ground easily. What he does not realize is this particular way of carrying someone is referred to as a “bridal carry.”
 
“Thank you, Ranma…” Akane says as she places the egg roll into his mouth. “There's your dinner…”
 
Ranma quickly munches on the egg roll and feels a bit better due to the fact that there's some food in his stomach. He leaves the room and heads down the hallway carrying Akane when the last person that he wants to see happens to be standing there, blocking his path.
 
“Isn't that reserved for after saying `I Do' Ranma?” Nabiki asks while sporting a wicked grin on her face. A thoroughly confused Ranma replies a moment later.
 
”Huh? I did what?”
 
Akane realizes what her sister is referring to and blushes. `There's gotta be a way to get her back… she's been teasing Ranma and me ever since this afternoon…'
 
Nabiki notices a sudden glint in Akane's eyes and wonders what she's up to.
 
”Ranma, what's Nabiki doing in my dream again?” Akane asks, hoping that Ranma will play along with her plan.
 
Ranma is totally thrown by Akane's comment… just as she had hoped. “Umm…”
 
Nabiki speaks up, seeing a perfect opportunity to tease the “newlyweds”…
 
“Oh, I'm just here to say congratulations… Ranma here is ready to take you to your room and you know…” Nabiki winks. “Do what couples do on that special night…”
 
Ranma's face goes red and he nearly drops Akane. He takes a few deep breaths and tries to regain his composure… however, what he hears Akane say next makes him nearly lose control again.
 
“Come on, Ranma… let's get back to my room. I can't wait… to show you my new lingerie…” Akane says in a very sultry tone. Ranma is frozen in place and Nabiki cannot help but laugh at the situation. Akane whispers a few words in Ranma's ear and he nods his head…
 
“About time you two took each other seriously…” Happosai says as he appears out of nowhere.
 
“Yeah… but I'm worried about something…” Akane says to no one in particular.
 
Happosai looks up at Akane. “It's okay to be nervous my dear, since it's your first time…
 
Akane blushes. “Oh no… it's not about that… I'm worried about Nabiki…”
 
“Me?” Nabiki quips back.
 
“She just got some new lingerie… but she has no fiancée to show it off to… I bet she's pretty lonely… right, Ranma?”
 
“Umm… yeah, I guess…” Ranma mumbles out loud… his mind still reeling from thoughts of doing certain “activities” with Akane. `Good thing she can't read my mind… or she'd definitely call me a pervert right now for sure…'
 
“What the hell are you talking about?” Nabiki asks as she wonders what sick game her little sister is up to.
 
“There's no need to be sad… let Happy give you his expert opinion on those wonderful garments. Why don't you change and then model them for me…” Happosai says with a grin.
 
Nabiki feels her self control slipping away rapidly. “I'm not showing `you' anything!”
 
Akane, sensing that it's the perfect time to make her escape, whispers in Ranma's ear again, causing him to slowly walk away from Nabiki's door. “Have fun modeling, sis… Ranma and I have more…” Akane winks. “… important things to do…”
 
Nabiki just crosses her arms across her chest and sighs aloud… while Happosai waves his hand at Akane. “Have fun!”
 
Right before Ranma carries Akane into her room… Nabiki is startled to see her sister sticking her tongue out at her. `Oh no… she really was awake… damn it… they got me…'
 
Happosai turns his attention to the lovely young Tendo standing right next to him. `She's not Akane… but she certainly has some nice, full breasts…'
 
Nabiki looks down and finds the old man glaring at her chest. “What do you want?” Is Nabiki's sarcasm filled answer to his lecherous eyes.
 
Over in Akane's room, Ranma and Akane have their ears pressed against the door. Both cannot help but laugh as they hear Nabiki yelling and swearing at Happosai. “Serves her right…” Akane says aloud to herself.
 
“Stop touching those!” Nabiki exclaims, nearly screaming as she tries to shove Happosai's hands off of her chest.
 
“You've filled out quite well, my dear… quite well…” Happosai says as he gropes Nabiki again. Nabiki takes this opportunity to smack him hard and he lands on the floor.
 
A defiant Happosai quickly gets back on his feet. “Is that anyway to treat your elders? For that you'll have to be punished…”
 
In the blink of an eye, Happosai jumps up and lands on Nabiki's chest. Before she can even try to knock him off again, she notices something in his hand.
 
“GIVE ME BACK MY BRAAAA!”
 
“I told you that you'd be punished…” With that, Happosai jumps off of Nabiki and quickly sprints away, leaving her standing there motionless. After a few moments, she slumps down on the floor. `This is too much for one day…' Then she feels an uncomfortable breeze below her. She sighs, `He got my panties too, that little pervert.'
 
A few minutes later, after regaining some of her composure, Nabiki stands up and walks into her room. She quickly locks the door and rushes to the window to secure it as well. `I might as well get ready for bed…' Nabiki thinks as she pulls out her pajamas.
 
Walking over to the mirror, Nabiki realizes something. She looks down at her now exposed chest. `He unbuttoned most of my blouse… and unhooked my bra in less then one second. What a pervert! I'll have to figure out a way to get him back for this… that was a really nice bra.'
 
Her mind now set on revenge, Nabiki quickly changes and then sits in bed, musing over the possibilities of how to get the old man back. Her mind is so focused on this endeavor that she forgets the real reason as to why she lost her bra in the first place… which was because of Akane's teasing. She falls asleep as she thinks of the one person she can use, a certain Amazon Matriarch.
 
 
 
Next door, Ranma and Akane sit down on her bed after hearing nothing more from Nabiki. `Was she always like this… thinking these thoughts… or was it the old man's training that got her to think like this?'
 
Akane notices that Ranma's deep in thought and nudges him with her elbow. “Thinking about me?” She asks in a teasing tone.
 
“Umm… yeah…” Ranma says with a slight blush. “That was a good joke back there… I didn't know you had it in you…”
 
Akane leans her head down on Ranma's shoulder. “Well… I'm full of surprises… and I'm sure you are too. That's why I want to learn more about you, Ranma…”
 
“Me too…” Ranma quickly says back. “We still got that date tomorrow to go on…”
 
Akane says nothing, but shifts her body around. Ranma can feel her moving behind him on the bed and soon, a pair of arms encircle his stomach and he can feel her body pressing against his back.
 
“A… Akane?”
 
“Is this real?” She pauses. “Did I really win against the others? Are you really here, in my room... are you really my fiancée?” Akane asks as she gently presses more of her body against him. The pressure of her breasts against his back cuts off the response that he was about to give. It takes him a few seconds to regain his composure enough to answer her.
 
“Of course it's real… and I'm your fiancée. You did good today, yah know… I thought you fought pretty good. Those girls didn't know what hit `em…”
 
”But... it all feels like some strange dream... Ranma... I... I'm not sure what to think or do anymore.”
 
Ranma blinks and then turns his head towards her, “What do yah mean?”
 
Placing her forehead against his shoulder she starts to shudder. “I... I hated boys... Kuno, the jerks at school... I ... I hated them... I hated them so much... that... that...”
 
”That when I got here, it just made it worse.”
 
She lets out a deep breath and simply says, “Yes.”
 
”I... I'm sorry Akane, I didn't know...”
 
After a slight tremble passes through her body, she keeps talking. “Things kept getting worse for us, but... but never better.”
 
“I know... an' I never made things better... I...” He pauses as he feels that his shoulder is getting wet. “Akane... you crying?”
 
Not able to answer him, she just nods her head, but she keeps a hold on him so that he can do nothing but sit there. “All I knew how to do was be angry and take it out on you...” she then sniffs and tries to get control of her voice again. “But what now? I... I don't want to fight anymore... I don't want to lose you.”
 
Ranma can't stand it anymore, and grabbing her hands, he breaks her hold on him and tries to spin around to face her. However in doing so, he ends up sliding off the side of the bed, pulling Akane down with him.
 
Downstairs Kasumi hears a sudden thump from above her followed by a male grunt and a feminine `OUCH!'
 
“Oh my... I thought Akane was going to wait...”
 
Next to Akane's room Nabiki suddenly falls out of her chair as she hears the noise next door. “What?”
 
Placing her ear to the wall, closest to the direction the sound came from, she hears labored breathing, but what she hears next has her mouth hanging open.
 
“Ah... Akane!”
 
“OW! Ranma... that hurt!”
 
“Sorry! Sorry!”
 
“Be more gentle next time!”
 
“Ok, sorry... there... is that better?”
 
“Mmmm much....” Akane moans softly.
 
“She... she... I was just joking!” Nabiki gasps out. Swallowing hard, Nabiki puts her ear up to the wall again.
 
“You like that?”
 
“Ummmm hummmmm... “
 
“I... you're right Akane... I don't wanna fight anymore... can we... um... can we just keep doing this?”
 
“Umm... you keep doing this and I'll forgive you for everything you've ever done... ah... right there....”
 
Nabiki's mouth goes dry as she hears Akane's soft moaning and some small grunts from Ranma.
 
“Want me to go harder?”
 
“Oh yes....”
 
“Ok...”
 
Nabiki staggers back from the wall and sits down on the floor with her eyes wide as the sounds of Akane's moans grow louder. “I... I... What the hell...” Quickly she gets up and rushes to Akane's door. She pauses there for a moment as she debates what she is going to do, and then she hears him ask an unusual question.
 
“Akane... um... can you move a little, I can't do this right with you like that.”
 
“Oh my god!” Nabiki gasps out and then throws open the door. “WAIT!” And then she stands motionless as she takes in the sight of Akane and Ranma.
 
Ranma was kneeling on the floor next to Akane who is lying prone on the floor with her arms stretched out. His hands are on her shoulders, massaging them... and they are both still very clothed.
 
“But Nabiki! I don't want him to stop... this feels soooo good...”
 
Nabiki just staggers away from Akane's door, and then turning, she woodenly returns to her room where she sits down at her desk and begins beating her head on the table. “Stupid! Of course they wouldn't be doing THAT!”
 
After Nabiki leaves, Ranma just blinks and looks at Akane. “I'm still sorry I made yah fall on your shoulder, does it feel better now?”
 
“Yeah… thank you… but I could use a back massage…” Akane says softly.
 
“Sure thing…” Ranma says as he begins to massage her back, which is a little tense from the fight earlier.
Over in Nabiki's room, Nabiki is looking over her take for the day. She can only say one thing, “Damn you Akane...” and then she pushes the money away before folding her arms and laying her head on the desk. “I never asked for things to be this way, but damnnit... someone has to make money for this family.”
 
While Ranma is massaging Akane after her hard won battle, one of the other girls is also thinking of him… though in a different way. Elsewhere, things are not going as… quietly as they are at the Tendo house…
 
 
The sound of a bowl hitting a far wall fills the Cat Café. Mousse barely dodges the bowl in question and tries not to get angry…
 
“But Shampoo… you gotta eat something…” Mousse says, pleading for her to eat something, since she hasn't eaten since breakfast.
 
“Shampoo too angry to eat… especially food from stupid duck boy!”
 
“But...”
 
“NO! Shampoo not weak! Shampoo need no help!” Even as she says this, her shoulders tremble as she recalls how she was taken out of the fight when she was ganged up on. In all her life in the village, she had been undefeated. And now, here she was, a stranger in a strange land and she has lost not only once, or even twice... but too many times to count. And the worst one was losing Ranma to Akane.
 
Mousse notices Shampoo's trembling and wants to help her… `Shampoo keeps pushing me away… she fought well… but Akane used some quite interesting moves on her. I wonder what Ukyo's agenda was in that fight… why'd she leave? So many questions…'
 
The main concern in Mousse's mind, however, was Shampoo's welfare. The girl that constantly denied her feelings for Ranma… the one that supposedly had little “real” fighting ability… she was the one that beat Shampoo and the others to win.
 
“Shampoo want to be alone…” Shampoo says as she turns her back to Mousse. `I lose… and it was to violent girl. Then spatula girl give up without fight…' Her countenance begins to fall as she thinks about some of the other things that happened during the fight. `Violent girl touch Shampoo and… it felt good. Shampoo no like that… Shampoo into boys… NOT girls. Shampoo wanted Ranma to touch her like that…'
 
Shampoo sighs aloud and continues to tremble slightly… a few tears fall from her eyes. `What Shampoo do now? Shampoo no can go back… especially after today…'
 
Mousse is about to make a move to place a reassuring hand on her shoulder when Cologne places her staff in front of him and shakes her head. “I'll take care of this… you go and finish cleaning the dishes…”
 
Mousse slowly turns around and leaves the room. `What am I going to do? I can't stand to see Shampoo like this…'
 
After Mousse leaves the room, Cologne calls Shampoo over to her. “It'll be okay my dear… it's not your fault. It's mine…”
 
That last statement gets Shampoo's attention. “What great-grandmother mean?”
 
“I should have predicted that someone would've used some unusual moves. The moves that Akane used against you… I've seen before…”
 
Shampoo's eyebrows go up. “Where?”
 
“A long time ago… Happosai used those moves on me. I wasn't even into my 2nd decade… I was almost your age now. I didn't expect to see these moves again… especially from Akane. Who in their right mind would let him teach them such… perverted moves?” Cologne stops speaking and then sighs.
 
“Akane desperate to allow perverted old man to touch her… she really want to win Ranma, no?”
 
“Perhaps…” Was about all Cologne could say. She hadn't the slightest clue that Akane would do THAT much to keep Ranma. She knew that her great-granddaughter would've never let Happosai teach her those moves… because the moment she got groped, she would immediately try and kill him. `There aren't many possibilities here… going back is definitely not one of them after her loss. I'll have to figure out what to do…'
 
“Shampoo… come here…” Cologne says as she motions her closer.
 
A curious Shampoo comes closer and Cologne whispers a few words to her great-granddaughter. “You did well today… don't let this get you down. I'll find a way out of this…” Cologne says, hoping that she can live up to her promise. Shampoo smiles and nods her head… and then heads back to her room, full of a new hope. She knows that Cologne will come up with some kind of plan…
 
Mousse watches Shampoo run upstairs and wonders what Cologne told her. `I hope she'll be okay… I hate to see her depressed. She really did do her best today in that fight. There has to be a way to help out, I just know it…'
 
 
Across town at the Kuno mansion, Tatewaki is trying to calm his sister down, who had left the field after the fight in a very depressed and angry mood. Upon her return to the mansion a few minutes ago, she had begun to rant and rave about the fight.
 
“Those peons beat me! The Black Rose was defeated by three PEONS!” Kodachi exclaims as she begins unfurling her ribbon and venting her anger on the nearest object(s) within striking range of the ribbon.
 
“Calm down…” Kuno says as he dodges her ribbon and slowly backs out of her range.
 
“The conditions of the fight were agreed upon… and you…”
 
“I LOST brother dear… and with it any chance to be Ranma-sama…” The ribbon in her hand is snapped again, striking a nearby vase and breaking it to pieces. Sasuke enters the room and gasps at the sight of all the broken objects strewn across the floor…
 
“Mistress, you need to calm down before you destroy more Kuno family heirlooms…” Sasuke says as he reaches down to examine the remains of a vase. “Wait a second… no… it couldn't be…”
Tatewaki looks at Sasuke. “What is it?”
 
“This vase… it was the one that…” Sasuke stops, fearing the reaction from both Kuno's after he says his next words. “Held your mothers ashes…”
 
“Oh no… mother…” He tries to calm himself down to no avail. “Damn you sister…” He says as he runs out of the room. Sasuke notices that Kodachi is silent and has gone white as a ghost. “Umm… Mistress… Mistress Kodachi?”
 
“…Mommy…”
 
 
Back at the Tendo house, Nabiki is surprised to hear a gentle knocking on her door. “Who is it?”
 
“You have a phone call Nabiki… it's Kuno…” Kasumi's voice suddenly drops off. “It sounded… like he was crying…”
 
Nabiki's eyebrows go up in shock. `Kuno… crying? Something must be really wrong…' She quickly gets on her feet and opens the door. Kasumi watches her sister rush downstairs to the telephone and wonders what's going on… and if it has anything to do with Kuno's sister, Kodachi.
Nabiki picks up the phone. “Hello?”
 
“You are there… thank goodness…” Tatewaki sniffles. “I need your assistance…”
 
“Hold on… what's wrong?” Nabiki asks, concerned about his sudden call this late in the evening.
 
“My sister… she…” Tatewaki speaks between choked sobs. “My sister… she broke a special vase…” He pauses to blow his nose and Nabiki can hear him crying aloud for several seconds before he returns to the phone. “That vase held our mother's ashes… and my sister broke it…”
 
Nabiki's eyebrows shoot upwards as she hears this. She knows just how important that is to him. Several years ago, before she even began to attend Furinkan she had met Tatewaki Kuno... and she had thought that he would always be a stuck up annoying jerk. At the time she had accused him of loving only money, but he had gotten angry at her and told her in his long winded way, that to him his most precious possession was that vase. To him it meant that she was always at home waiting for them. Swallowing the lump forming in her throat she asks quietly, “What?”
 
“It is broken… and the ashes are all over the floor…” Tatewaki says before breaking into tears again. Nabiki's eyebrows go up and she realizes why Tatewaki is in such distress. `I lost my mother, too… we have a shrine here but that's just a shrine. Those ashes… mean so much more…'
 
“Listen, Kuno… I'll be right there… don't let anybody disturb the area, okay?” Nabiki begins thinking out her plan of action when Kuno's voice is heard again.
 
“Bless you fair Nabiki… I will be waiting for you…” Kuno says and then slowly lowers the phone. His head droops low, down to his chest as he thinks about what just happened yet again. “I'm sorry… mother… I should have stopped her…”
 
Nabiki catches what he just said… and knows that this is really an important matter to him. She hears the phone hang up and then runs upstairs and grabs her coat. Kasumi catches her near the front door.
 
“Is everything alright? It's getting late…”
 
“I have to go… I'll be back as soon as I can… sorry…” Nabiki says as she rushes past her older sister and into the cool night air.
 
 
About twenty minutes later, Nabiki arrives at the Kuno estate. In her hands are the instruments of salvation… at least she hopes so.
 
Tatewaki notices Nabiki enter the estate grounds carrying two bags. He runs up to her, grateful that she has finally arrived. “Follow me…”
 
Nabiki cannot help but notice the bloodshot eyes and the slight wavering of his movements as she follows Tatewaki into the main building and is soon in the room where the accident happened. Sasuke and Kodachi are standing near the vase, still stunned about what happened.
 
“I'm sorry I took so long… but I had to stop to make a few purchases for this task…”
 
“'Tis not a problem. I am curious… how will you solve our dilemma?”
 
“Well…” Nabiki puts her two bags down on the floor. “You two have to trust me… this is the only way I could think of…”
 
After looking at both Kodachi and Tatewaki and seeing both nod back at her, she proceeds to pull out a small “Dustbuster” vacuum from one of the bags.
 
“This is brand new, so there's nothing in it… it hasn't been used yet. What I plan to do is vacuum up the ashes and place them in another vase, which I have in the other bag. We'll hold a small ceremony to apologize to the remains for treating them like this… and then place the new vase back where the old one was…”
 
“Sounds like a sound plan to me…” Sasuke comments and then looks at his two masters.
 
“Does her plan sound good to you?”
 
“It does…” Tatewaki says slowly. He looks at Kodachi and she says “Yes”…
 
“Alright… but before I get started, I need you three to leave and get changed for the ceremony…” Nabiki says as she pulls out the new vase.
 
All eyes in the room focus on the vase that Nabiki has just pulled out of the bag. The shape and style are truly ornate and would make a suitable replacement in the eyes of Tatewaki and Kodachi. The three silently leave the room to go prepare for the ceremony… leaving Nabiki alone.
 
`I hope this works…' Nabiki thinks as she turns on the “Dustbuster”…
 
About five minutes later Tatewaki, Kodachi, and Sasuke return. They find the new vase sitting where the old one was and the floor devoid of any evidence that something broke a short while ago. Nabiki is sitting on the floor in front of the vase, her eyes closed and her hands clasped in prayer…
 
The three sit down next to Nabiki and she leads a small ceremony asking for forgiveness for the treatment of the remains. After the ceremony is done, Nabiki stands up and says… “Well, it looks like my work is finished… and I'd better get home before my sister gets really worried…”
 
“Thank you for your help…” Tatewaki says as Nabiki heads towards the door. She turns around and says “No problem” before disappearing. The three occupants inside the Kuno estate have a new respect for Nabiki… and Nabiki definitely has a new view of them, especially Kuno.
 
 
Across town, the last combatant in the days' fight is getting ready for bed. After thinking and reading all day, Ukyo is taking a well deserved hot bath and wondering what Ranma's doing right now…
 
`I did what I set out to do… and I hope Akane got my message loud and clear. I didn't give him up so that he could be treated badly. Ran-chan… I wonder what you're doing now? I hope we can still be good friends… and hopefully Akane will accept me like that…'
 
Ukyo gets out of the bath and dries herself off. After donning a nightgown, she heads into her bedroom and reaches for a familiar picture.
 
“I still have a few days to think about what Nodoka said… maybe… maybe I should do it. Any chance of being with Ran-chan more often is a good thing… but I'll have to make some changes in my life…”
 
Ukyo falls asleep with the picture of Ranma and the others that was taken when they were on Toma's floating island.
 
The day soon ends in Nerima… a day which has changed many lives. Tomorrow will bring even more changes. To be continued in Chapter 7: The Day After
 
For your reading pleasure, I have an omake below:
 
 
 
 
Omake:
 
After the fight Ranma throws his arms around Akane, “Wow Akane! It looks like you really won!”
 
Akane scoffs, “Nope! They all just fell asleep before I could give up. Here's your sign...”
 
Kuno laughs as he watched Ranma face faults into the ground.
 
Next chapter will be up as soon as I can get around to it… I now work 7 days a week most of the time…