Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Revealed ❯ The journey begins ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7

"… I don't have the book"

"What do you mean you don't have the book?!" Ranma exclaimed.

Kuno sighed and said, "The tale I doth tell thee is a sad one indeed; One of betrayal. The book that you seek, is in truth given to every family of the Kuno; One to each. Alas! The book given to my family suffered a fate worst that death. My father being very-well for lack of a better word-crazy, gave the book to another, not of the Kuno line. This of course was betrayal to the silent code, however it could not be undone. Worse so than that was that he ripped out every page with a cure on it."

Ranma's eye twitched upon hearing this. Her whole life, destroyed. It just couldn't end this way!!

Kuno embraced Ranma, tears flowing from his eyes.

"Worry not pig-tailed goddess. I know how you yearn to be of the Kuno kinship. In your innocence you thought learning the techniques would make you so. But nay I say! The only way to be a true Kuno is to wed into the line or be born as such. I accept your silent proposition. Wed me you shall, and soon there will be little Kuno's running around in joy, as they would be children of our undying love."

Ranma couldn't take it anymore. She Punched Kuno, sending him flying. Then she looked down at the ground, realizing her fate.

Ranma punched the tree that they had picnicked under, causing it to rustle. She wanted to hurt something. She wanted to hurt the person responsible, but who was really responsible. Kuno? The plant vase? No, no one was responsible really except herself. Just because the cures had been ripped out by Kuno's stupid Father didn't make him responsible either. No not at all…

Ranma paused. Kuno's father, the principal had the cure pages. All he had to do was go get it from him.

***

Ukyo, Akane, and Shampoo looked up as they saw something coming at them from the air. When it got closer they recognized what, or more specific, who it was.

"Kodachi!" "Crazy laugh girl!" "Jackass!" They all said to the figure that gracefully landed on the ground in front of them.

"Ha! We've found you. Now where is Ranma?" asked Akane

"Ho Ho Ho!!" laughed Kodachi " That's exactly what I'd like to know. That red haired demoness took my beloved and now she's trying to seduce my brother."

"You mean you've seen Ranma?" asked Akane

"I saw my beloved last night. He spent some time with me in my room. Then that red haired harpy took him away from me with a water trick."

"He…he spent the night with you!!" exclaimed Akane. Her eyes were twitching with anger.

"How many times must I tell you? The red haired one took him, though she did spend the night in Kuno's room" Stricken looks covered Akane, Shampoo, and Ukyo's faces as they thought of Ranma spending the night with Kuno.

Akane, the one who recovered first said "That pervert!" and started to walk away, but she stopped as another figure was spotted coming towards them from the air.

They recognized this one as Kuno. His fall wasn't nearly as graceful as that of his sister. Instead Kuno landed on his head and his bokken fell beside him.

"Kuno!" said Akane, still struggling to forget the image of him and Ranma that had appeared in her mind.

Hearing Akane's voice, he stood and appeared in front of Akane, then took her hand.

"Akane my love. I am sorry for I have betrayed you. I must admit that it was only because the pig-tailed girl was as beautiful as thee. A man can stand only so much temptation. Forgive me.'

Akane pulled her hand away and resisted the urge to punch Kuno since he had mentioned Ranma. Akane wanted to know where he was extremely now so that she could yell at him for being such a pervert.

"You there!" Where is your evil date! Tell her to give back my Ranma!!!" exclaimed Kodachi.

"Ah, Spawn of the devil herself!" Kuno said

"Ho Ho Ho. If I am such what does it make you!"

"Stop your mind trickery you fiend!" Kuno said and lunged at Kodachi with his bokken. The two began to fight, and their fighting took them farther away from Akane, Shampoo, and Ukyo.

The three girls stared at them as they left. Then Shampoo spoke. "Still no Ranma. Where he at/"

Ukyo looked out at the park in the direction that Kuno and Kodachi had come from.

"Somewhere that way." She said

The trio walked in that direction and split up, saying that they would meet again at a chosen spot in two hours. The hours passed and still none of them had found Ranma. Without any more leads to go on, they decided to go to their respective homes.

***

Shampoo walked into Cat Café and was greeted by an empty restaurant.

"Grandmother. I back. Where People go?"

Cologne came out of a room, hopping on her cane.

"Shampoo, welcome back. Because of all the disturbances we had to close the shop for the day."

"Oh I see" Shampoo said as she took notice of a broken table.

"By the way, Son-in-law came over today with a friend of his."

"He did!" Shampoo exclaimed "He still here?"

"No he left after Mousse attacked him."

"Mousse! He always mess things up. Where he at?"

Cologne jumped off of her cane and used it to point at the kitchen. There at the door was a white duck.

***

Ranma kicked the door of the principal's office open and walked over to the principal who was of course there.

"Oh hiya sistah what be da matta"

"I want the cure pages"

"The cure pages you say? What they be lookin' like."

"There from the book of techniques. The history of the Kuno."

"O them pages. Sorry sistah, they gone now."

"Gone!!"

"Well you see I was on my vacation in Hawaii…"

*Flashback*

The principal walked over to the stove in his room. It was an unusually cold day in Hawaii. Freezing actually. He looked around for something to burn and saw a stack of papers sitting on the table. He picked them up, opened the stove and lit them on fire. Soon it was nice and warm. After a while he got tired of the heat and put the fire out then went around the room and cut off his 50 fans and the air conditioning then went outside under the nice hot Hawaiian sun.

*End Flashback*

Ranma kicked the principal in the face, causing him to fall backwards in his chair.

"Do you realize that you went cold, hot, cold, hot?" Ranma said angrily " Do you also realize that you burned those pages for no reason!!!"

"Hey I was cold…"

Ranma's mind snapped. The stupid principal had killed all his hope and for that he must die!! "Oh yes you'll be very cold when I'm finished with you. Cold as the dead" Ranma let out a laugh that rivaled Kodachi's, and then he grabbed the nearest heavy thing to him and advanced on the principal.

"Hey sistah you gonna wanna be careful with that ya? Why you comin this way!! Stop swingin that you could hurt somebody sistah!"

"Oh that's just what I plan to do. Because of you, and a couple of other incidents, but mostly you, I'm now stuck in this woman's body forever. You really shouldn't have burned that still-state attack's cure." Ranma swung the object in his hands at the principal, but he narrowly dodged

"Hey sistah if all you be wantin" is the cure to the still-state attack why aint you say so." The principal missed another attack by Ranma just barely, but what the principal had said caused Ranma to stop attacking him.

"You have a cure?" Ranma asked, "What is it?"

"Well not really a cure. I have a map that tells you where you can find the cure." The principal went to his desk and rummaged through it until he found what he was looking for. He brought out a scroll and handed it to Ranma

"That be a map of the places where you can find the Kuno. Most of the same family stays in one village so just go find the one your looking for"

"How will I know which one I'm looking for?" Ranma said as he opened the scroll and looked at it.

"You could go ask any of them, but the one that probably knows most about the attack is the one who created it."

"The Kunoego" Ranma said to himself as he walked out of the principal's office. Looking down at the scroll he noted where the Kunoego's village was and knew it wouldn't be a one-day trip.

Ranma headed for home where he would pack and leave, but not before saying bye to everyone. He would also pick up P-chan since he had as much right to go as Ranma did.

***

The usual here. Review and I'll write blah blah blah

.