Realism Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Original Poetry Fan Fiction ❯ Our Strengths in the Shadows ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Mother, where would you like me to put this again?”
Faub turn around to see where his Mother was pointing at. She pointed underneath the little house of chickens.
“But Mother, what if the chickens poop all over it?”
His Mother shook her head sternly so Faub sigh and placed the stack of wood underneath the chicken house.
Faub's Mother could not speak. She had lost her voice when their zog was under attack. She was at least seven months pregnant with Faub. Faub's Father had gone out with the zog men to fight of the Iensehs.
As the Iensehs attacked the zog, his father was called to run back to help his mother. When he came back, his mother was being cornered by an Ienseh. His father charged the Ienseh from behind. He knocked the Ienseh aside and grabbed Faub's mother. However, the Ienseh had gotten up quickly and stabbed Faub's father in the side. His mother screamed but the Ienseh punched her throat, causing her to cough up blood. His father grabbed the sword and pulled the Ienseh closer to him as he stabbed the Ienseh in the head.
His father died a few minutes afterward. His mother stayed by his father's side until the zog had beaten the Iensehs. Then someone came to help the two.
Faub was named Faub because his father always talks about how free the clouds were in the sky. He wants a child who loves to be as free as the clouds in the sky. Therefore, Faub was called Faub.
“Mother, don't say that I did not warn you,” Faub smiled as he went back into the house; his Mother behind him, shaking her hands at him.
“Faub, are you messing with your Mother again?”
Nplooj popped his head through the door way.
“Hello Nplooj! Come inside,” Faub went to the door to greet Nplooj and usher him inside the house.
Faub's Mother gave Nplooj a small chair.
“Thank you Aunty,” Nplooj took the chair and turned to Faub with a serious face on, “Faub, have you heard yet?”
“Heard what?”
Nplooj placed his hands on his thighs, “A girl from the Roob Zog had just arrived. She came here in silent and wanting to talk to the Zog Thawj Coj. I am here because the Zog Thawj Coj wants you and me to go hear this matter.”
Faub's smile disappeared and was replaced with a stern look, “Yes, let's go.”
Faub stood up and saw his Mother's worried look. He quickly turned to her and smiled with his reassuring smile.
“Mother, I will be back before dark so you need not worry.”
===
 
Cloud
Leaf or Leaves
Mountain