Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Kitsune And Kirin ❯ The Demon Without a Name ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

Kitsune was sent, hurtling, into a black abyss of nothingness, her eyes picked of no signs of light as she scanned the dark realm.
Suddenly a searing flash of heat shot engulfed the realm.

It feels so....hot in here. No wait, it's me. I'm burning up. It feels like a hole is burning in my stomach!!

Long white fur began to grow from her back side. Wait! That's not just fur, thats a tail!!

More and more tails began suddenly growing from her back side, until nine white tails lay along her back.

"What's happening to me?!" Kitsune inquired, to it seemed, no one. But then who was doing this to her?

"Your mind is weak," The demon's raspy voice echoed through the room. "Your life, is mine."

Suddenly the entire realm was filled with fire and everything that might of been inside, including Kitsune, was burned to nothingness.

Kitsune awoke to find her forehead beaded with sweat. "Not that dream again." She had relived the nightmare so many times that it ceased to be anything but a fantasy to her. That night, and how she came to be the way she was.

Suddenly the demons figure appeared to Kitsune. A tall dark looking man dressed in a suit and tie. Obviously not his true demon form, but a human looking version of himself. He had a look of worry on his face, but Kitsune knew he didn't mean well by it though. He didn't care. He never cared. Only pretended to.

"You seem a bit flustered," The demons voice was taunting, yet calm. "Is there something I can do to ease your mind?" He finished this off with a senister laugh, one that revealed he truely didn't care.

All Kitsune could do was sigh.

"You seem so depressed," The demon's voice still seemed as though he cared. Now it became senister once again. "Could it be that I have control of you? Hahaha!"

Kitsune was trying her best to hold in her anger. As she tightened her fists the demon's laugh became louder. Kitsune wanted to take a punch at him so badly. She was tired of him having control of her, but what could she do? She had no power over him. He'd kill her in an instant with his demonic powers. She had seen it once. Once when a boy tried to fight back against the demons spirits the demon himself decided he'd have some fun. No blood, no cry. Nothing but six drilling daggers from out of no where. They caused no injury from what Kitsune could tell, but immediately after slicing into the poor boy his body began to change. His flesh peeled from his body and red smoke, like poison, began flowing out of the boys body as the skin peeled away, almost as though is flesh was burned right off. Other parts of his body began to deterierate and eventually his entire body, skin and all was gone. Normally the demon was gone and would collect the soul later. Where he went was still a mystery to Kitsune, but he almost never was around when guys were being lured in and he had never showed his powers other than that one time. And if this was just one power the demon could use Kitsune could only imagine the other powers he still had hidden up his sleeve.

"It's not like you actually have to do what you say your going to do with these guys," the demon reminded her. "Your reputation stays intact because you never actually please the guy or do anything with him. You shouldn't complain. I'm allowing you to at least make that decision."

Kitsune's fist still stayed clenched. Regardless of if she did anything with the guys, which she didn't was not the principle of the matter. She wanted out, she wanted free.

"And even if you did decide to do stuff at least its with guys from different schools then the one you go too." At this point the demon began laughing. "I wonder if anyone misses them."

It's your fault I can't be happy, or live a normal life, or even....let anyone know I care. Kitsune thought to herself. Whatever, I might as well accept it. I'll never be normal. I'll never have that life I've always wanted. I'll always be doomed to this shadow over my head.

"It's too bad you cant just move. But then of course I'd find you and it would only take me a few months to recreate stones for my spirits to reside in so they could snatch up souls once again."

Kitsune knew how the system worked all too well. She had to lure the guy into the domain of the spirits because they could only reside in one general area and only with the help of these spirits could the demon take the souls so he could use them to restrengthen his body and feed his hunger. The demon could follow Kitsune to make sure she was doing her job, but his spirits couldn't so it was Kitsune's job to lure in the male souls so that the spirits could get to them.

"Heh, those powers you have are completely wasted on you. The only one that comes to good use is the ability to make you irristible if need be, the rest are useless in your position."

He was right, she had no use for them at all. But that didn't mean she didn't practice with them. Her hope was to maybe one day get good enough with her powers and maybe win back her freedom.

"I know I usually come to you with a request to lure in a soul, but I'm feeling satisfied today." The demons face formed a large grin. "Enjoy your last days of interlude for I shall hunger again soon."

His form than vanished and Kitsune was left alone again.