Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Sorrow's Light ❯ Jealousies and Dangers ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If you don't get that I don't own them by now? We are in serious trouble…*nods solemnly*
 
Well, well, well, after so long of an absence, I am finally back! Things are starting to come to me again, and it makes it a tad easier. I am happy to alert everyone to the fact that I have a new beta, who is currently going over my past things for grammar mistakes. So you can expect that things will get far better as soon as she catches up to the rest of my work! I'm so happy!
 
 
 
At A Glance
 
Chapter 8: Difficulties and Jealousies
 
 
 
Ryo and Rowen watched on, their bodies teemed as if ready to leap into the battle at anytime. Never before had they worried like this, and it was more then likely due to the fact that in this reality, no one was exactly as they were back in Japan. No one….
 
These thoughts ran through their heads, Kento grinned, pointing to himself, “Well, I'm Shu, mercenary for hire. I believe you just went after some good friends of mine…and you know, I don't really like that.”
 
The drunken man merely grinned, a smile that spoke more volumes in his hygiene then anything else possibly could have. Even Sehkmet scrunched his nose up, watching such, and he came from the far past himself, “As if you could beat me, little man. You may be big….but I'm bigger. And all I want is that little lady…give her to me, and I'll let you be.”
 
Cye frowned, placing Mia behind him as they watched on slowly. Ryo felt his anger rise, a rapid motion that in reality should have made anyone back off. Then again, no one around here knew that he was the Lord Sanada, either. It was Rowen, who began to question things. Why was it that they first heard Kento's name as they knew it, then suddenly he's using his Japanese one? It didn't quite make since…then again, who had time, with holding an angry Ryo back?
 
Kento gave a frown, before dodging the first punch from the man, “Sorry, but she isn't on the menu.”
 
Kento stood, heroic as ever. A broad grin spread upon his face, the fact that he didn't' care that his clothing was travel worn was obvious. Hooked at his side was a sword, business like in everyway, the metal gleaming with the shine only a well cared for tool could have. A leather sheath bumped against the leg oh his brown travel pants, a long set of breeches that tucked directly into his sensible brown boots at mid-calf height. Nothing but orange would do, obviously for the fighter before them as his shirt tunic, however he had longer hair, kept back by a sweatband like contraption. His bearing bespoke of pride and confidence…it showed in the way he moved, “Stop bugging ladies such as she. There isn't honor in that.”
 
The man sneered, obviously not listening to what Kento said. He hadn't cared, not one bit, thus swinging a punch at the obviously stronger Kento. Easily stepping to the side, he brought his knee up into the man's gut. Down went the drunk, gasping for breath as Mia clung to Cye's arm like a little sister would when terrified. Ryo watched, burning up with anger inside. IT wasn't that she was clinging to Cye, but the fact that the drunk had terrified her enough to do that. It didn't register to him that this was out of her personality only that the drunk was in the way. Clenching his fist, Rowen stepped forward, hand on his shoulder with a bit of a sigh. Letting Ryo loose while Kento obviously had it under control would have been folly.
 
Watching on edge, they awaited the time when Kento would finish the battle. Ryo, already, was getting angry, frustrated that he didn't know what it was he could do to help Mia or the others. He had to find a way to revive the memories, yet for some reason, he wasn't sure how. Rowen, however, was getting an idea….a rather interesting one at that.
Punch for punch was thrown, and soon, it became clear who was better. While the larger man was the drunk, the stronger and more skilled was this Shu. He easily round about the man, using strength and speed where necessary. Rowen had to admire it, since Kento hardly ever use finesse like this. Soon, time had passed by, and the drunk found himself upon the floor, twitching, hurting…and the looser of the battle that he himself had provoked.
 
Shu turned, flashing a rather goofy grin, showing that he was rather proud of himself, able to play the hero. The grin was infectious as Cye, and then Mia returned it. Turning, he spoke to them, “Cye, Mia, are you alright?”
 
They both nodded as Mia gave Kento a hug, “You can't be doing those sorts of things, Shu! You'll get hurt.”
 
Shu laughed, “Not to worry, Naste. It all comes with the job.”
 
“None the less, be careful Shu, alright?” Cye smiled, adjusting the uniform of the restaurant that he wore.
 
Shu saluted the young man, “Oh, very well, Shin. I'll survive. Don't you worry!”
 
During this exchange, Ryo blinked glancing at the ever pondering Rowen. Rowen turned, nodding the Ryo with seriousness. He was certain that these were three of their number, but the problem was, how did they all get together and convince them enough to revive their memories?
 
Off in his own world, Rowen leaned over to intercept the people to begin with his plan, and perhaps the already acute misunderstanding that they were all having. They had to find a way to revive their memories, and quickly nonetheless, “Well…my friends. Care to join us for something to eat? We were about to begin, when this all happened, and I would like to find out more about the places you are from…”
 
Shu's eyes lit up, the card as effective upon him as it was with him at any other time, “Oh yea! As long as…you all are paying.”
 
Naste laughed, “Shu! I can't believe you are that rude. However, I shall not be. Polite sirs, I would gladly dine with you.”
 
“As would I,” Cye smiled, bowing to them in the uniform of the restaurant. Together, they all sat about the table, beginning to trade off stories and such like that. At first, the silence was uncomfortable, as no one wished to begin. Ryo, who was already strung high enough as it was, decided to do something about it, “Well….Shu? What brings you here into this area? Dressed as you are, you seem to be a mercenary of sorts to me….”
 
Shu grinned and nodded, suddenly ready to speak, “Well, you could say that. I'm actually here on a mission…”
 
“Is that why you honored us with your presence Shu? Not because you wanted to visit?” Naste gave a small, fake pout, not truly as offended as she looked.
 
Shu just winked at her as Shin spoke up, “Well, what kind of mission?”
 
Ryo smiled as he looked at Shu, who seemed to already be connecting with the leader of the Ronins once more, “Well…I was called in to help eliminate some rough and tumble people. You know, some high standing criminals?”
 
“Really now?” Rowen asked, tilting his head, suddenly interested. He knew trouble was going to start…
 
“Yea, won't get too much into it…but from my info, they are supposed to be pretty dark and corrupt.”
 
Sehkmet, Ryo and Rowen sighed in small relief. He wasn't after them then, because in the first place, neither of them were corrupt…at least not anymore, in one person's case. Glancing back and forth, they smiled, and the conversation continued.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Maniacal laughter filled the area as demon after demon focused upon Taiki with obedience never shown to his father. Before them was a leader who would get them what was rightfully theirs….forget that their numbers had been depleted in such a manner. With each word that poured from this high lord's mouth, each felt more and more empowered then ever before. Nothing was going to stop them…
 
“That is the plan my friends…now go!” Taiki smiled as others began to go off. Watching them in mock surprise, he licked his finger in anticipation, “With my mercenary on the job, Sanada doesn't stand a chance. Oh…I do love plot twists….and this one should make me win the game!”
 
Looking to the side, he nodded with a smile at the mirror, admiring his tall, domineering reflection, he nodded, “And then….their was none. Spirit will always belong to the demons…..for after all, that armor is the light to the gateway of our nether realms….It shall be opened….”
 
Taiki spoke to himself as such before he lifted his head to the ceiling with a sadistic grin, “And then? You will tell me why you dare look at me with the fiery defiance of yours…I will know. After all….through you? I will have the rest of the armors as well…”
 
With that, he prepared to head out, ready to play his part in the plan he had devised, determined as ever to win this once and for all…no matter how long it took.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*
 
 
The day had passed by quickly, when Shu had decided to leave the group. Smiling, he made his excuses.
 
“Aww, Shu. We haven't seen you in a long while. Do you have to leave so soon,” Naste asked, smiling kindly.
 
“She's right, man….” Shin smiled, nodding up at the burly man.
 
“Now, now. I have to finish part of my job tonight…after all, it's how I earn money. But how about we all get together later tomorrow…say, afternoon, around three at the old fountain?” Shu suggested, then turned to Ryo and the others, “And how about you guys as well?”
 
Rowen smiled, nodding, “That sounds great to me!”
 
“Yea, I can defiantly get into that!” Ryo nodded, grateful.
 
“Alright my friends! I'm off!” Shu saluted, leaving the restaurant and his friends to talk some more.
 
Shaking his head, he was glad for the respite. It had been a while since he had been around that many people, and to tell the truth, he was grateful that he would soon get the job done. It paid well enough, that was sure, and with it, he could grace all his friends with a good bite to eat…..oh yes, food was always the answer.
 
Smiling a large goofy grin, the young man passed building after building on the nearly lone street. His hand rested on the sword at his hip as his thoughts passed through his mind. What strange characters those three were….
 
Touma…no…Rowen…that was his name, wasn't it? Anyways, he was a puzzle in himself. Obviously the guy was smart, but he hadn't forced it on him. He and the other guy had been dressed well, which hints that they were of high status, if not nobles. For a noble looking person, the guy wasn't stuck up. That much put Shu at ease. The strange thing about him though…was how he had seemed so familiar to him. The fact that Shu almost seemed to feel like they were more then just friends…almost as if he were a long-lost brother was something that was amazing in its own right.
 
Speaking of long-lost brothers…that other man….the one with tiger-blue eyes….he had seemed so familiar. The jet black of his hair reminded Shu of another time, where battle cries filled the air and only a few stayed to battle. The roar of the wind…..a giant cat….a woman named Mia….a young man named Cye who looked a lot like Shin in light blur armor…
 
Shaking his head rapidly, he cringed, frowning greatly. This was no time to be fretting about such things! He had a job to do…and these odd imaginings and things that he found in his mind were nothing for him to think of at this moment. He hadn't the time! The person who had hired him was waiting, and he had to make it in time…in order to meet the partner he was going to do this with.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
With the night as it was, even the others of the dwindling group had come to a conclusion. It was time to go home! With that, Rowen stood, bowing to Naste and Shin with a smile, “My friends. It is time for Ryo, Naaza and I to head back. Thank you for your wonderful company…I pray that we will all meet up again soon?”
 
Ryo smiled, nodding, “Yes. We are all going to meet up with Shu at the park, after all. Shall I bring food to eat?”
 
Naste laughed, “Ryo you have no need to worry about it. My brother and I shall bring it tomorrow, right Shin?”
 
Ryo felt his heart thump at the sight of the young woman acting so merrily before him. In truth, he wanted to blurt everything out to her, to win her back in such a manner as even the stars would have stories to tell. However, a glance from Rowen told him not to, at least not yet. Biting his tongue, he watched her “brother”, Shin, speak up, “Yes! We will do it! See you all then!”
 
“Indeed. I look forward to it,” Sehkmet gave a rare smile as he bowed. Ryo nodded, saluting the two, “Until tomorrow, my friends!”
 
With that, the three left, mounting up upon the horses that had waited so patiently for their masters. With that, they started clopping off, conversation bouncing back and forth as they headed back for Ryo's estate.
 
“Well…not bad for a day's work,..” Ryo smiled, looking back at his companions.
 
“No, we at least know three more of our comrades. But keep in mind, we aren't in the clear yet, and are nearing the two week mark…..that isn't good. We still have to find Kayura, Sage, Lena, Dais, and Cale. It isn't going to be easy…and we still have to revive the memories of the three we saw today,” Rowen said, looking straight ahead.
 
“Yes, but we still have to figure out what it is we have to do in order to be able to do it,” Sehkmet spoke as Ryo felt more and more sullen.
 
“I know, I know guys…the problem is, how…”
 
 
That was when Ryo was interrupted as they came up upon his estate. A loud explosion could be heard as the group's eyes widened. Surging forth, they gasped, watching as an attack was placed upon the very house Ryo was living in.
 
~*~**~~**~~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Just before all this….
 
Shu panted, having finally made it to where he was supposed to meet his employer…the very fountain that he had asked the others to meet him at the next day. Standing, he sighed, having just barely made it, “I'm here…”
 
“Good…” A malicious voice could be heard, as the darkness seemed to split apart to the side. Out stepped a young looking, blond man with a sadistic smile and cold eyes, “I'm glad you could make it, Shu. We have much work to do.”
 
“I know. I'll be honest though…I'll be glad when this is over with…” Shu nodded and sighed.
 
“Understandable. However, I have you partner here,” The man turned, gesturing to into the silence, “Come out….”
 
Stepping from the shadows stood a young figure, stepping forth into the light. Large eyes focused upon Shu with a rather amused stance, a smile that was feminine, but held far more secrets in them, “Hello, Shu. I'm Kaira…pleased to meet you.”
 
The dark haired woman smiled, her voice continuing, “Now, as Lord Taiki stated. Shall we go attack the Sanada estate?”
 
Shu blinked, the woman suddenly very familiar…and at the same time? Seemingly very deadly…
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author's note: Well…there you have it! Finally completed, my long awaited next chapter! I know, scary isn't it? However, your feedback is entirely welcome, and I thank everyone for sending me comments. Included in this…I have a HUGE thank you to send out to Inda. During the time I contemplated giving up on this story due to writer's block and life, she continued to pm me, talking to me, encouraging me. So I wanted to say, thank you to her in a huge way! So….Thank YOU! And to you as well, Meira!
 
Hikaru
 
 
 
Previews:
 
“Shu?!”
~*~*~*~
“Oh god….What happened here?!”
~*~*~*~*~~*~
“Kayura?!”