Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Sorrow's Light ❯ Seeing the sights ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, here comes the next chapter. As usual, I don't own them; probably never will since my wallet is pushing up moths. Anyways, on a happier note, hey, I own Lena and that crew!
 
Alright, I'm glad to say that I can at least say that I haven't stopped my story at all. I'm working hard to keep at the story, and still can use a variety of ideas that will help me out here. Hey, you never know! Maybe I can use them! On another note, I will be writing another one-shot, but I'm debating if it should be a regular one shot with just the original characters or with Lena in it. Either way, I may do one of both! Who knows?
 
Sorrow's Light
 
Chapter 7: Traveling the Sights
 
 
 
“Ok, so there are us three,” Rowen started, he and Ryo once more riding upon their horses through the town, two days after they had found Sehkmet. Glancing side to side, the blue haired man looked up at the sky with a small sigh, unbelieving of the magnitude of the thing they now had to succeed at doing.
 
Ryo just chuckled, “Yea. But this I is ridiculous. I think you guys were the easiest by far…what else could it have been? What, think you are going insane again?”
 
“Shut up, Ryo,” Rowen snapped as he heard a gasp next to him. Freezing, he looked to the side to see a couple of ladies seated upon their horses with a straight posture and surprised faces. Their skirts sat about their legs as they rode side saddle, their expressions those of surprise as they looked at the young warrior. Rowen could only manage a weak laugh as he rubbed the back of his neck, blushing.
 
One of the ladies lowered her eyes behind her fan, flipping it back and forth as they whispered amongst themselves, “I can't believe he raised his voice to a lord…”
 
“He can get in trouble for that…”
 
Ryo started laughing like crazy as he looked at Rowen, “My gentle ladies, it is quite alright…”
 
The ladies looked up at him, and smiled as they rode off, Rowen still frozen. Ryo laughed some more, “Dude, Red and blue are so not your colors.”
 
Rowen just glared as he kicked his horse into going forward, ignoring the warrior of fire in search of their on going mission. However, if he could just loose the leader, then maybe he wouldn't have to worry so much.
 
Ryo just followed, laughing heartily as he went, shaking his head. Rowen just had his hands on the arrows at his side, contemplating how problematic it would be if he had a skewered hot head.
 
~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~
 
The day dragged on without so much response or findings. To tell the truth, it was beginning to wear on their nerves. The evening found them at Sehkmet's house once more, speaking with him as he gave off ideas.
 
“Don't you have an idea as to where you might find them?” Sehkmet asked.
 
The two just glared at him, which he coolly shrugged off. It wasn't his way to get riled up at them, he left that to Cale. Glancing at each of them, the green haired man sighed with a shake of his head, “Alright then, here is what I have been hearing. I was told that a few really good restaurants are in the area…right?”
 
Ryo just nodded, letting the information soak in as Rowen grasped it right away, “We check them out and see what we can find! Right?”
 
Ryo grinned, “Oh yea!”
 
The three warriors nodded as Sehkmet spoke up, “Alright then. I shall come with you!”
 
~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The next morning found Rowen up early for a change. Groggy as it was, he still made his way about his room, lips pursed as he fought to find the water basin he could hardly see. Fumbling about, his hands landed on the jug of water as he poured it in, yawning.
 
Splashing water into his face, he opened his eyes to look about him. Sighing, he saw that it couldn't have been passed 7 am in the morning, an early record for him. Gritting his teeth as he brushed them as best as he could, he thought back to the search. Another several days had gone by with all of them searching the restaurants as they could. No response! None!
 
The suspense of the matter was enough to give Rowen a heart attack. A total of a week had gone by in their month long game, and the stress was wearing them all down. So far only three of eleven people had been found, and here they were on the eighth day following the same wild goose chase they had been all this time before. The fact of the matter was, it became very frustrating.
 
Sighing to himself, Rowen put on his clothing, glancing to the side at the note he left for himself in kanji so that no one else may have read it. He wasn't sure why he did that, but for the time being, the Arabic written language of the English was getting on his nerves. Glancing at the list, he sighed yet again, seemingly having started a trend, “Ok, so this is it. Two more places to look before we run out of ideas for this angle…”
 
The list had only two things not crossed off. The names of two restaurants, hopefully one of which containing one of their crew. God, they could only hope…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Once more, the three awakened warriors rode through the town, on their way to a restaurant upon their lists when they heard outraged cries. Looking up, they saw a young girl with short black hair. Certainly, she wasn't any of their ladies that they were looking for, but the clear emerald of the girl's eyes was shocking. She looked up at them with a well-bred intelligent gaze for one so ragged looking as other people began to surge into the street yet again, this time to watch a street magician perform his tricks.
 
The girl disappeared as the three looked at each other, rather disgruntled by the fact that she had and they were still short on members of their crew. Urging their mounts on, they went towards the first restaurant they had to look through, entitled, The Whirlpool. Each of the guys looked at each other. This may have been the place they were looking for.
 
Together, they went in.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~
 
Looking around, the place seemed nice enough. The tables were clean, which for these times, said a lot. Waitresses served the tables in clean brown dresses with white aprons. Glancing around, the three could see where in various areas there were people sitting in the room of high repute.
 
“Wow, nice place…” Ryo said, definitely in awe.
 
“Yes, I'm impressed. No matter who owns it or works here, I gather that this was still worth seeing,” Sehkmet added as Rowen was about to speak, only to be interrupted.
 
“Excuse me, would you like a table?” The guys as one looked at the waitress as one as Rowen saved the day, “Yes please, table for three if you will.”
 
“Right away, sir.” The waitress bowed, leading them to the nearest table.
 
~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~
 
Sighing, they sat with each other, eating the food they had ordered. So far, nothing seemed right.
 
“I don't get it, I thought for sure Cye would be here at least, but I can't even spot a Kento!” Rowen sighed, his blue hair falling into his eyes as he looked up at it in frustration.
 
“Indeed, how are we supposed to find what it is we are looking for if it won't show itself to us?” Sehkmet said, calmer then the other two were for once. While it was out of her personality, he wasn't too worried all together. He supposed he would get over it is he had to, they were going to succeed.
 
Ryo just looked at the ceiling, “Yea, but what are we supposed to do now? I mean, it doesn't seem right to leave it as be, does it?”
 
The guys looked at each other, then sighed. Nothing was going right, and it just seemed to get worse as a loud shout was heard from the entry way, causing their heads to turn and watch. A drunk man had just entered the bar, looking intent on a fight.
 
“And our day just keeps getting better…” Ryo muttered.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~
 
Upon his seat in his own home, Taiki watched with a malicious grin. He wasn't worried about the bet, not at all. They weren't having luck with this and he doubted they would any time soon.
 
“I can't wait for the bet to be over…then I will have my prize, and they will be gone,” Taiki stated, looking to the side as he fingered the goblet in his hand. Glancing at the seeing mirror before him, his eyes widened.
 
No, it couldn't be. Those rats did it again! Taiki teemed with anger, seeing how a drunken man had entered the restaurant they were in. However, the ones who went to calm him were of blue, pink and orange auras. This did not bode well for the demon.
 
Glancing up at the ceiling, the unbalanced creature regained his composure then stood. It was time for interference…but how?
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~
 
“I don't care what you have to say! Yer fo'd….is crap! Get me a…hic…different set of food to tas'e….or you will get non'in from me!” The drunkard yelled, batting away the waitress who had tried to calm him down. Ready to punch the girl, Ryo was about to lunge when a female voice filtered into the area.
 
“You will stop that right now! This is a restaurant, not a place to bombard others with your own unreasonable demands,” The woman walked up, fire in her green eyes. Reddish-brown hair fell down her back as she glared up at the man.
 
Rowen got a good glance as Ryo's mouth dropped, “Mia….is it really her?”
 
Ryo's heart began to thud, joyous that he had found the young woman, if not in an abstract way. Perhaps it wasn't that odd after all to be here as it was. He just wanted to go up there and hug her, hold her close and sigh in relief, however, those feelings quickly washed away as he watched the drunkard continue.
 
“Well now…you wench seem to be fiery…” The drunkard grinned, pulling Mia closer to him. She struggled of course, and as a result, he raised his hand to strike her when another familiar voice filtered the air, as a fist connected with the man's face.
 
Mia fell back, as a man with ash-black hair caught her. Smiling slightly at her, he nodded, glancing back at the man, “Hello. My name is Kento, and you sir, have just violated my first rule. NEVER strike a lady.”
 
“Indeed, I cannot allow that to happen in my restaurant either,” A British sounding voice came from behind them. Turning to look, Rowen grinned. Cye stood before them, his arms crossed as he watched with angry snapping eyes, “Mia, you alright?”
 
“Nn…” She nodded, standing up and away from Kento, who was now ready to fight.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*
 
An: Well, what can I say? Next chapter up, and a little shorter. Didn't mean to, but it works out. Lol, if you have ideas, send em my way, since I still am not able to figure out how to put together with their memories. Biggest thing is reviving them, so I'm winging it right now. On a happier note though, I actually passed all my midterms! YAY! However, I am now working on a Halloween Ronin Story, so any ideas for it and who should be in it are very welcome!
 
Hikaru
 
Reviews: Thanks to each and everyone of you!
 
Inda: Thanks for all your support! And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the story. It's just going a little slower because I'm trying to put it all together. Love the ideas! Keep them coming!
 
Meira Evanstar: Thanks to you as well! I know you are always watching out for the story, and I wanted to thank you for your ideas as well!
 
1theScorpian2: Nothing to worry about! I'm sure that you caught up just fine, and thanks for coming back to the story!!