Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Immortal ❯ One last tear ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own Ronin Warriors (damn). The song is Gravedigger by Dave Matthews and it ain't mine either. All original characters are my and if you steal them I will hunt you down and force you to watch Barney and Teletubbies.
 
 
 
 
Tears of the Immortal
 
 
 
***************
Sirus Jones 1810 to 1913
Made his great-grandchildren believe
You could live to 103
103 is forever when you're just a little kid
So Sirus Jones lived forever
****************
 
 
They stood silently under the trees, far away from the crowd, and watched as the long black box was lowered slowly into the ground. Ignoring the pouring rain they waited quietly for the grieving crowd to disperse. A couple of hours later the cemetery was empty and as one the group of nine walked noiselessly to the gravesite.
Here lies Tenoh Yulie
Husband, Father, Grandfather
He will always be in our hearts
 
 
****************
Gravedigger when you dig my grave,
Could you make it shallow.
So that I can feel the rain…Gravedigger
****************
 
Their eyes remained dry as they stared down at the lonely site. All their tears had been shed years before, they had none left for this last grave. They had watched the young boy grow into a man, had been there for the birth of his first child, and his first grandchild. Now they stood around his grave, the nine bearers of the Mystic Armors. The boy who had borne the Jewel of Life, and had helped them destroy Talpa, the child that they had helped raise, was dead. Gone from old age, while they still looked as they did when they first fought Talpa.
 
 
****************
Muriel Stonewall 1903 to 1954
She lost both of her babies in the second Great War
Now you should never have to watch as
Your only children are lowered in the ground
I mean never have to bury your own babies
****************
 
 
Mia had left them years ago, their pillar of strength and knowledge. She had fallen in love, married and had children. She had lived her life and left this world surrounded by loved ones. They had not been able to go see her in her final hours, not as they were.
 
 
****************
Gravedigger when you dig my grave
Could you make it shallow
So that I can feel the rain…Gravedigger
****************
 
They recalled when they first realized their curse. It was Cye's 30th birthday and they had all gathered together to celebrate. Mia with her husband and young children, Yulie off from school, Ryo and Whiteblaze, Kento and his family, Sage with his grandfather. Rowen had even put down the papers he had to grade and joined in. Even the warlords had come; Cale, Dais, Sektmet, and Kayura. Everyone was there to celebrate.
 
 
****************
Ring around the Rosie
Pocket full of Posie
Ashes to Ashes
We all fall down
****************
 
 
The party had seriously gotten underway when all of the sudden Cye's sister had spoken up. “You know for someone who's 30 you look pretty good. I mean you all do.” She pointed out all the armor bearers, “You guys don't look a day past 20 or so.”
“You're right,” Kento's mother had replied, “It's as if you haven't aged at all the past 15 years. You have to tell me your secret .”
 
****************
Gravedigger when you dig my grave
Could you make it shallow
So that I can feel the rain…Gravedigger
****************
 
Ryo had gotten wide-eyed at the announcement, while Rowen had really looked at his friends for the first time in years. It was Sage who reacted first.
“It's probably because of all the Martial Arts we do. You know athletes always age well.”
After the party Mia and Yulie had stayed behind, ostensibly to help clean up, but really to talk.
“I thought your immortality came from Talpa?” Mia had asked Kayura.
“I too thought this.” Dais had replied, “But if this is true, why have we not aged at all? Shouldn't we have aged immediately upon his destruction?” As one everyone turned towards Kayura, who frowned.
“I will have to meditate on this,” She had murmured “I will let you know as soon as I find out what's going on.”
 
 
****************
Little Mikey Carson '67 to '75
Rode his bike like the devil
`till the day he died
When he grows up he wants to be
Mr. Vertigo on the flying trapeze
Oh, 1940 to 1990
****************
 
 
She had contacted them all a few days later and delivered her findings. They were the true bearers of the Mystic Armors, destined to wear them from birth. The armors had made them immortal, immune from time and illness. They were protectors of the mortal realm against all evil, and would be until the end of time.
 
****************
To Gravedigger when you dig my grave
Could you make it shallow
So that I can feel the rain
****************
 
 
The years had passed and they had buried their family members, one by one. Until now, they were alone. The last of the people who had known them in their youth was gone, and now they were truly alone. Staring at the headstone of their friend, they still could not cry. Their tears had dried up long ago. Now they fully understood the curse of immortality, and that knowledge cut into them like a knife. Slowly one by one they left the grave until only one of them was left, a young man with long dark hair and tiger blue eyes that held a wisdom which belied his apparent youth
 
 
****************
Gravedigger when you dig my grave,
Could you make it shallow
So that I can feel… I can feel…I can feel the rain.
****************
 
 
 
 
A strong hand clasped his shoulder. “Come on Ryo, there's nothing more we can do here.” Ryo turned to look into the sad gray eyes of Kento, and gave a wry smile.
“I'm coming.” Together they turned to join the group waiting for them by the cars. Pausing a moment, Ryo turned to glance one last time at the lonely grave. A single tear slid down his cheek and was quickly lost in the rain, one last tear of the immortal.
 
****************
Gravedigger when you dig my grave,
Could you make it shallow
So that I can feel the rain… Gravedigger
****************
 
 
 
 
 
Well like it, hate it? Should I continue or let it stand as it is. I have to be honest though, if I do turn this into a chapter fic it will be secondary to my other fic. But hey, give me a review and tell me what ya think I might just update all that much sooner.
 
 
Serenity