Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Immortal ❯ Crying in the Dark ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Readers faint in shock and amazement as the realization that Serenity has updated sinks in*
 
“Dammit it hasn't been that long!”
 
“Uh… yes it has.”
 
“Urusai! Gaki!”
 
 
Disclaimer- Ryo is mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mwhahahahahaha!
 
“Excuse me I don't belong to anyone!” Ryo exclaims indignantly. Bandai enforcers come in and step behind him menacingly “Except of course the lovely people at Bandai and Ken Mizuki.”
 
 
************************************
 
Tears of the Immortal CH. 2
 
“Crying in the Dark”
 
 
Ryo sat perched on the roof's edge of the crumbling building. Below him the lights and sounds of the city filled the night air with an unearthly song. An icy breeze whipped across the rooftops adding a soft moan to the cacophony of sounds. The human, however, did not move, not even to acknowledge the freezing wind brushing across his exposed skin. He sat silent, watching the ebb and flow of life in the city below. Mothers, Fathers, Sons, Daughters, Wives, Husbands, Brothers, Sisters. All of them going about their lives, taking the ups and downs; ins and outs. Learning, growing, changing, following new paths and gaining new experiences. LIVING. Ryo clenched his fists in frustration, crumpling further the piece of paper he had grasped in his hand for the past two hours.
 
A letter, friends he had not seen in years. Good wishes, a birthday he should never had been celebrating. An invitation, to see those who should not exist. 124, so old yet still he carried the bloom of youth in his face. Only the eyes showing the wisdom of his many years.
 
Today he was 124 years old, 107 years since he fought Tulpa, almost 40 years since the last of his mortal ties had been buried. A child, buried as an old man. Where had the time gone? Ryo sighed and looked up to the sky, though the world had changed so much the sky was still the same. He took comfort in that, the stars would not abandon him as everything else had. He opened the letter and smoothed it out, reading it one more time.
 
 
Otanjoubi Omedeto! You old fart! 124 years
old, maybe you should put yourself in a home.
Ha ha! Just kidding, We hope you're having a
good time in America. Your English should be
great by now you've been there for almost 20 years. Everyone here misses you a great deal
and wants you to come back. Sage has bought Mia's old house, please come and visit at least.
We miss the old days.
 
-The Guys & Kayura
 
 
Frowning he crumbled the paper again and went back to his contemplation. Go back, to a past he wanted to forget. Return, to a place where he had been truly happy and utterly miserable. Could he handle it? Did he want to? What would he find?
 
 
Ryo sighed once more and raised his arms above his head, stretching out aching muscles. Though the footfalls were completely silent Ryo still turned to greet his faithful companion.
 
“Hey Blaze.” The tiger rubbed his face against his masters arms in a comforting gesture. “What do you think I should do buddy?” Whiteblaze made a soft noise in the back of his throat, “Yeah, you're absolutely right.” Decision made the solitary immortal rose and walked across the roof, secretly wondering if he had made the right choice.
 
 
 
************************************
 
 
So what do ya think? Good? Bad? Should I continue? Chapter three won't come out until I get at least three reviews on this chapter so Review People!
 
Anime Invaded Ch 3 is all typed up and ready to go, unfortunately the computer it is on refuses to connect to the internet, so you'll have to wait just a bit longer. I promise it will come out soon.
 
 
 
Serenity Pendragon