Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Reality ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Twisted Reality

Chapter 7

 

"Cye, look out!" Ryo suddenly shouted. He leapt in front of Cye and used his arm to block off the chain. All five Ronins were now in their subarmors, and they were now facing three dark warlords who had suddenly burst into the building. The five of them stood close together as Mia stood back with Yulie firmly behind her.

"What do you want?!" Ryo demanded, although he was very afraid what the answer might be.

"Probably our armors!" Kento spat, his blue eyes flashing. He was in the mood for a fight now. They had just ruined his best friend's birthday party and they were going to pay for that.

"Oh, Master Talpa would like your armors, but that's not the reason we've come!" Cale sniggered.

"What do you mean?" Sage demanded, never letting go of his defense mode.

"We've come for something else," Sekhmet added with a smirk on his face.

None of them liked that look on his face, and it worried them with no end. For a few minutes no one said or did anything, which bothered the Ronins. Usually the Warlords would attack and keep attacking until either they were defeated, or had captured them. Something was not right here, and Rowen was trying as hard as he could to figure it all out.

"Mia, what's going on?" Yulie asked in confusion. He was afraid and was clutching her hand tightly.

Mia wasn't sure herself. She knew something wasn't right here. The Warlords were just standing there, doing absolutely nothing. And then it happened. With a war cry that came from Sekhmet, the three charged.

Ryo grunted as he felt himself slam up against the wall, pinned by Dais. The Warlord raised his weapon above his head, prepared to smash it against the Ronin's skull when a heavily body force slammed into him from the side.

"Kento!" Ryo shouted, watching his friend wrestle with the Warlord of Illusion. He was worried about his friends, and this whole fight worried him. He had a very bad feeling that something was going to happen this very day.

Sage was going full force against Cale. Their swords struck again and again as darkness and light seemed to battle it out in the room. One minute the room would be dark, the next full of light. The Warrior of Halo realized that Cale was trying to keep it dark for a reason, but whatever reason that was he didn't know. He only knew he had to stop him.

Rowen and Cye were battling against Sekhmet the best they could. It was like fighting two warlords in Rowen's opinion. Then again he wasn't use to battling Sekhmet like Cye was. Still he pressed on, throwing punches, kicks, and anything else he could.

Sekhmet lashed out with his swords, and the two Ronins leapt away to avoid being struck by the venomous blades of his.

Perfect, the Warlords realized, seeing that Cye was away from his friends. Cale raised his swords and let out even more energy as it got even darker. No one could see anything barely, and Sage was having a hard time bringing the light back. Sweat poured down his face, and he wished in vain he could use his attack, but Mia and Yulie were here. It was just like before….

None of the other Ronins used their surekills either. They were afraid of hurting Mia and Yulie and each other. Ryo was cursing silently. There was nothing he could do but hope that Sage could bring some light back to them. It was getting so bad he was considering using the Inferno on the three Dark Warlords.

But none of them were prepared for what did happen next. They heard a struggle from somewhere in the darkened room, followed by a loud yelp, before silence came upon them suddenly. The darkness faded away, and they stood there in horror, checking to see if they were all there. Mia and Yulie were safe, thankfully, Sage was there, Rowen was not far from him, Kento was by Mia and Yulie, Ryo stood in the center of the room, and Cye.. Cye…

Kento suddenly screamed in horror. "CYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And Ryo closed his eyes in shame, once more blaming himself for what had just happened that very day.

Talpa’s eyes flash red the minute Torrent was brought before him. The boy was unconscious as he had struggled against them, but that was to be expected.

“Excellent,” Talpa bellowed. “You have done well, my Dark Warlords.”

The three of were full of pride hearing those exact words and they bowed low before him.

Talpa raised his hand upward and Torrent came floating to him. He caused the unconscious boy to lay in his lap as he stared down at his young and innocent face. Another hand gesture caused the armor to disappear, followed by the subarmor, leaving Cye in regular clothing. Talpa sat there staring down at him. He brushed his hair back, and his eyes flashed brightly, seeing the familiar birthmark above Torrent’s left eyebrow. A wicked smile came to him and he laughed evilly, the sound of his laugh echoing through the room.

Finally he looked toward his warlords. “Prepare a room for my son. He will not being go back to his friends. He will soon learn of his new life and he will enjoy it.”

 

Emily couldn’t believe she had forgotten Cye’s birthday. How could she have been so dense about it! Over and over she was tempted to bang her head against the wall, but she knew that wouldn’t do any good to her. So she hurried and got dressed into something more decent and practically shattered her bank open so she could gather up enough money to buy a quick present for Cye. On went her shoes, on went her coat, and out the door she ran.

Emily ran as fast as she could, wanting to get there, then she suddenly remembered they had gone to Aqua World which was about twenty miles east of Tokyo. She groaned loudly and stopped running. She was about a block and a half from the house, and she couldn’t decide whether to go back and ask for a ride to Cye’s party, or hail a taxi cab. The options ran through her mind and she was having trouble making it up. Then another thought occurred to her. If she went back and asked for a ride, she would be most likely told no, or would have to wait until they got ready to take her. She decided the taxi would be the best service and she quickly stepped forward to the curb of the rode and held her hand out, waving frantically as vehicles passed by her.

“Yo, taxi!!” she shouted loudly.

A taxi immediately pulled over to the curb, and she climbed in the back, shut the door, and fastened her seatbelt. “Aqua World please.”

And the driver headed off in that direction.

A silent thought ran through Emily’s mind as they drove. I hope I’m not too late. Little did she know that thought would have more meaning to it that she would never want to imagine.

Ryo couldn’t believe it, then again he could. He had seen the birthmark for himself, but had wanted to deny it, to deny everything that had happened. Everything was in a uproar as Kento was crying in frustration, cursing loudly and throwing pressure everywhere. Mia was worried and holding a crying Yulie to her.

Sage was in shock. He had been hoping that Cye’s birthday would go well, but it turned out to be his worse day. And now Sage was beginning to wish they had all been prepared. They should have expected for this to happen, but one thought crossed his mind. Why had they taken only Cye?

“Guys, we have to do something!” Rowen said in exasperation.

“Rowen’s right,” Mia said. “We have to get Cye back.”

They nodded in agreement and were about to set off to rescue Cye when they heard a new voice. “Hey, what happened here?”

They all turned, and Emily stood there, gazing around the room with a deep frown on her face. She did not see Cye, and was thinking maybe he had gone off somewhere to see the fish or something, but as she looked more closely at the others, she could see their faces were full anger and worry.

“Guys?” she asked again with concern as she stepped closer to them.

“Emily.. “ her brother Sage said softly. “Something… happened…”

Her eyes immediately became full of concern. “What? What happened. It’s Cye isn’t it? Or are you guys playing a joke on me?”

“It’s no joke,” Mia said sadly.

“You better sit down, Emily.” Ryo said firmly. “It’s time you knew.”

Emily sat down and was wondering just what was going on. All of them had serious looks on their faces as if they were about to tell the deepest secret of their lives.

 

Cye’s eyes fluttered several times and he let out a soft moan as he shifted. He heard a voice then. “Hello, Torrent.”

Cye’s eyes snapped open at the familiar voice, and he about screamed when he saw who was above him. And then he about passed out when he realized he was on his lap, being held down against his will. He struggled and kicked to get free, but Talpa held him tightly with one hand.

“It’s no use, Torrent. You can’t get free. So stop trying. It is useless.”

Cye glared at him. “Let me go, Talpa! You have no right to keep me here!”

Talpa chuckled. “Oh, I have all the right in the world, my son.

Cye froze then, staring up at him with shock. “What… what did you just say?”

Talpa’s eyes glowed red. “You heard me. And it’s true, Torrent. You and I are flesh and blood.”

“That’s a lie!”

“I hate to disappoint you, Ronin, but it’s true. See for yourself.” He made Cye turn around and look into a viewing mirror and showed him the birthmark above his left eyebrow. Cye stared at his birthmark, not sure where it had come from, and then he gasped when Talpa showed his own.

“Now do you see, boy?”

“It’s not true!” he bellowed angrily. “You put there yourself!”

“Ha! Why would I want a measly weakling like you for a son? You’re not exactly the pick of the pride you know.”

“You probably did it to hurt us, Ronins!”

Talpa’s eyes flashed angrily. “And I’m going to hurt you, if you don’t shut up, Torrent!”

Cye glared back at him, but he did shut up. Confusion ran through his mind. None of this could be true. His father had died before he was born. He had seen his father’s birth certificate and his own, and the last names had matched. Talpa had to be lying. He refused to believe it for one second.

“Master Talpa.”

Talpa looked toward the three Dark Warlords. “Yes?”

“His room is ready, master,” Dais reported.

“Excellent,” Talpa said as he stood up, making Cye stand up with him. He kept a firm grip on Cye as he handed the boy over to the Warlords. Cye barely noticed. He was so in so much disbelief he barely realized what was going on.

The Warlords led Cye out of the throne room and down a dimly lit hallway. They came to a room and shoved Cye inside, and then slammed the door shut and locked it.

Cye did not bother to look around or try to get out. Instead he slumped to the floor.

 

“Are you saying that all five of you bear magic armor and kick evil butt trying to take over the world?”

All four of them nodded. Emily continued to stare at them in disbelief. They had to be pulling her leg. They were probably making this all up to make her pay for being late. “You guys are kidding right?”

“It’s no joke,” Ryo said. “We wouldn’t be telling you this if it wasn’t true. Our main concern is to get Cye back.”

“What I want to know is why he was taken in the first place,” Sage said.

“It doesn’t matter!” Kento said. “We have to leave and get him now. Talpa could be torturing him!”

“We can’t rush in without a plan, you guys. Talpa will have traps for all of us.”

“Rowen is right,” Mia said. “All of you will have to be careful.”

“We know, Mia,” Ryo said with a sigh as he ran his hand through his thick hair.

“Well, if you guys are going to this place, I’m going to,” Emily stated.

They all stared at her in shock. Sage quickly shook his head. “No, Emily, it’s too dangerous!”

“I don’t care! I live for danger! And besides, I want to see Cye come back safe.”

“And he will, Emily. You can trust us to get him back.”

Emily’s eyes flashed. “Ryo, I’m going. Whether you like it or not!”

The two stood face to face, each one not backing down from each other. Ryo was afraid if she went she would lose her life, and he couldn’t stand to see another innocent hurt.

“Ryo, let her come,” Sage said softly.

“Sage, we can’t!”

Sage sighed, keeping his head down. “I know we shouldn’t, but I’ll keep an eye on her. I promise.”

Ryo kept quiet for several minutes. Finally he let out a heavy exasperated sigh. “Fine then.”

Emily kept a grin to herself. Now she would be able to find out if they were lying or not. And if they were lying, she would pay them back twice as much.

 

A/N: I realize it has been an extremely long time since I’ve updated this on Media Miner. In truth, I have been to other websites. This fic is actually finished, and I will try to get the rest of the chapters up. And to let everyone know, sometime when I’ve finished all of my current fics, I will be redoing this one. I will make it better and more realistic. I won’t spoil details though.