Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Reality ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Twisted Reality

Chapter 6.

Cye couldn't believe this day. Never in a million years had he expected to be taken to one of the most expensive places in Japan. Aqua World had everything he could ask for. A water zoo holding killer whales, dolphins, porpoises, sea turtles, sperm whales, humpback whales, blue whales, beluga whales, baleen whales, white whales, narwhales, bowhead whales, gray whales, sharks, featuring the Great White Shark, the tiger shark, the hammerhead shark, port Jackson shark, gray shark, wobbegone shark, whale shark, silky shark, nurse shark, several thousand kinds of fish, squids, octopuses, rays, manatees, crabs, lobsters, shrimp, and more sea creatures.

Besides the sea animals there was also entertainment where dolphins, killer whales, seals, sea lions, walruses performed for audiences. There were games to play, rides to ride. Lots of concession stands to get food and drinks. Cye wanted to see everything at once. It was hard to keep with his friends as he wanted to desperately run off and see everything.

"Wow, would you look at this place?" Rowen said in amazement as they walked through the crowds.

"This place is packed!" Ryo exclaimed. It was the first sentence he had spoken since leaving the house. Yet even he was amazed by how many people were at Aqua World. He had no idea this many people were into fish like Cye was. There must have been about five thousand people here altogether.

"Yulie, stay close," Mia warned. "I don't want you getting lost."

"Can we see the killer whales do their tricks?" Yulie asked.

"It's up to, Cye," Sage said with a gentle smile.

Yulie looked toward Cye with hopeful eyes, but Cye was already making his way toward the area where the killer whales were kept. His friends followed him, and soon they all found seats in the stadium. Mia brought out her camera as they waited for the show to begin. As of now the audience was quietly talking amongst themselves, and Yulie waited impatiently for the show to start.

Cye smiled down at the little boy thinking to himself that this must be Yulie's first time at this place. He remembered how he had been as a kid and seeing all of these sea animals for the first time. It had been a thrilling moment in his life.

Talpa was getting impatient as his Warlords had not returned with Torrent yet. His eyes flashed red and a mirror appeared before him, showing the five Ronins, the woman, and the boy all sitting in a stadium surrounding a gigantic water tank. They appeared to be waiting on something, but whatever it was, who knew. Talpa focused his attention on Torrent, glaring at the young boy as he looked eagerly at the tanks. He knew Torrent was his son and soon the Ronin would learn.. He would also learn that Talpa would be able to do anything he wanted to him, and the Ronins would not be able to stop him.

"Those fool Warlords of mine had better hurry," he growled under his breath.

Somewhere else in that crowd stood three men dressed in armor. People glanced at them briefly, but figured they were actors and continued on their way. They stood there quietly, surveying the crowds, looking for one particular boy. There were many teenage boys who had Torrent's hair color, but they knew none of them were him. They had to get the Ronin and fast otherwise Talpa would punish them severally. They moved forward, searching and searching, somehow sensing he was close by. This put a grin of evil on their faces as they continued to follow Torrent's trail.

The killer whale leapt into the air and did an amazing back flip, splashing the audience as he came back down into the water with a massive splash. The audience cheered and hooted as the killer whale came up again and did another performance trick. Yulie was on the edge of his seat now, watching with awe. Ryo kept a firm grip on the young boy, fearing he might fall over the bleachers or bump into someone sitting on the lower bleachers.

"Wow, look at the thing!" Kento cried as the killer whale did a half torpedo twist.

Cye laughed. "Kento, it's a not thing. It's a killer whale, specifically known as an orca."

Kento shrugged with a grin. "Yeah, whatever, but it was awesome!"

Cye grinned in agreement as he watched the killer whale continue to perform. Several more performances were made by the killer whale before the trainers allowed him to return to his resting place. The audience cheered, hooted, and applauded, but Cye knew the killer whale would not understand any of it. He had only done what he had been trained to do, nothing more.

"So is this it?" Rowen asked.

Sage shrugged an I don't know, and Cye shook his head. "I think they're gonna have the dolphins perform next, but it may be a few minutes or so."

Rowen nodded and leaned back, then looked toward Ryo with worry. "Ryo, you've been awfully quiet today."

Ryo frowned a bit. He should have expected one of them to pick up his behavior today. But it was hard to play happy and carefree when he knew one of his friends was carrying Talpa's birthmark. It was totally unbelievable, and what was worse, fearing the fact that Talpa might find out, and the possibility of losing their friend. He knew he had to tell the others about this, but he was afraid to tell them in front of Cye on his birthday. "I… just have a lot going through my mind right now, Rowen," Ryo answered the best he could. "Nothing to worry about."

Rowen nodded, but Sage cast Ryo a weird glance. He's hiding something from us, the bearer of Halo thought to himself. That concerned him a little, but he figured Ryo would tell them when he was ready.

He leaned back with a sigh and watched as the next show started as three dolphins swam out to begin their performance. The dolphins did all kinds of neat tricks, from backward and forward somersaults, leaping through hoops, playing water basketball, and other tricks.

The audience cheered and applauded. The show lasted for fifteen minutes before it was over. Mia, Yulie, and the Ronins all stood up and begin to descend down the stadium. They visited other places, rode on rides that even Kento thought was cool, played games, enjoyed the food and beverages they bought, and basically had a good time.

Finally Sage saw the time and nodded to the others who quickly caught the message. Before Cye could react Sage quickly put a blindfold over his eyes.

"Hey!" Cye protested. "Why are you putting this back on me again?"

Sage smiled even though Cye couldn't see him. "It's a surprise, Cye."

Cye was incredulous. "Another one? You guys are spoiling me."

"Hey, you only turn sixteen once, you know," Rowen said.

They guided him to a building that looked plain on the outside. Once inside, Ryo removed the blindfold off their friend. A crowd of his friends were all already there as they all shouted surprise in unison. Cye stared in surprise and happiness. The room was decorated with fish and seahorse balloons, there were light blue and white streamers, a piñata made out of a killer whale hung from the ceiling. The table was covered with a table cloth that had paintings of fish, crabs, seahorses, dolphins, whales, sea turtles, and others. There were plates of several kinds of food, from hamburgers to pizza to pretzel and chips and hotdogs, cookies and candies, and all kinds of pop.

Cye's eyes quivered. He was truly touched by all of this. "You guys…."

"Say no more, Cye," Kento said. "Let's just party!"

The party went on in full swing as the guests begin to enjoy themselves, talking with each other, dancing to music, and mingling and making new friends. Cye had lost count someone had wished him a happy birthday, but he didn't mind. This was the best party he had ever had.

Finally the cake was brought out, and the guests all sing Happy Birthday to Cye. When they finished, Cye blew out the candles with one puff, and they clapped. The cake was cut and served with icecream, and more talking begin. But Cye noticed one person was missing.

"Hey, Sage, where's Emily?"

Sage gave an odd look as he looked around the room. "That's strange. I told her all about it."

Cye frowned, and Kento said, "Hey, chill. She's probably just late. You know she always forgets things."

Cye nodded and turned back to his party. He was a little disappointed though. He had been hoping to see her here, but then again there was still time for her to come. It wasn't long after when the gifts were brought forth. Cye had received all kinds of gifts from his friends, and he though the gift Yulie had gotten him was cute. He wore it around his neck proudly which made Yulie happy that he liked it. He also like the gifts his Ronin friends had gotten him, and was almost wishing this day would not end.

But it wasn't long before the other guests started leaving, wishing Cye and his friends all a good day.

Cye was frowning now.

"Cye?" Mia spoke softly with concern in her eyes.

"I thought she would come," he said sadly.

They frowned. It wasn't hard to see that Cye liked Emily, and Sage already knew that Emily had a crush on Cye. He had seen her writing Cye's name constantly on her notebooks with hearts on it. She had even gone to drawing Cye anywhere she could. He felt bad now, and was a bit angry at his sister.

"Hey, don't worry, Cye. I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation," Rowen said trying to brighten the young Ronin up.

Cye nodded silently, and Ryo frowned deeply. Mia was about to ask Ryo if something was wrong as she had noticed he had been quiet most of the day, but suddenly Ryo's eyes narrowed and his jaw tightened. He had that look in his eyes whenever he was preparing to fight, and it frightened Mia.

Suddenly the other four felt it as well, but nothing of them were prepared for the giant chain that suddenly broke through the wall, heading right for Cye.

"Cye, look out!" Ryo suddenly shouted. He leapt in front of Cye and used his arm to block off the chain. All five Ronins were now in their subarmors, and they were now facing three dark warlords who had suddenly burst into the building. The five of them stood close together as Mia stood back with Yulie firmly behind her.

"What do you want?!" Ryo demanded, although he was very afraid what the answer might be.

"Probably our armors!" Kento spat, his blue eyes flashing. He was in the mood for a fight now. They had just ruined his best friend's birthday party and they were going to pay for that.

"Oh, Master Talpa would like your armors, but that's not the reason we've come!" Cale sniggered.

"What do you mean?" Sage demanded, never letting go of his defense mode.

"We've come for something else," Sekhmet added with a smirk on his face.

None of them liked that look on his face, and it worried them with no end. For a few minutes no one said or did anything, which bothered the Ronins. Usually the Warlords would attack and keep attacking until either they were defeated, or had captured them. Something was not right here, and Rowen was trying as hard as he could to figure it all out.

"Mia, what's going on?" Yulie asked in confusion. He was afraid and was clutching her hand tightly.

Mia wasn't sure herself. She knew something wasn't right here. The Warlords were just standing there, doing absolutely nothing. And then it happened. With a war cry that came from Sekhmet, the three charged.

Ryo grunted as he felt himself slam up against the wall, pinned by Dais. The Warlord raised his weapon above his head, prepared to smash it against the Ronin's skull when a heavily body force slammed into him from the side.

"Kento!" Ryo shouted, watching his friend wrestle with the Warlord of Illusion. He was worried about his friends, and this whole fight worried him. He had a very bad feeling that something was going to happen this very day.

Sage was going full force against Cale. Their swords struck again and again as darkness and light seemed to battle it out in the room. One minute the room would be dark, the next full of light. The Warrior of Halo realized that Cale was trying to keep it dark for a reason, but whatever reason that was he didn't know. He only knew he had to stop him.

Rowen and Cye were battling against Sekhmet the best they could. It was like fighting two warlords in Rowen's opinion. Then again he wasn't use to battling Sekhmet like Cye was. Still he pressed on, throwing punches, kicks, and anything else he could.

Sekhmet lashed out with his swords, and the two Ronins leapt away to avoid being struck by the venomous blades of his.

Perfect, the Warlords realized, seeing that Cye was away from his friends. Cale raised his swords and let out even more energy as it got even darker. No one could see anything barely, and Sage was having a hard time bringing the light back. Sweat poured down his face, and he wished in vain he could use his attack, but Mia and Yulie were here. It was just like before….

None of the other Ronins used their surekills either. They were afraid of hurting Mia and Yulie and each other. Ryo was cursing silently. There was nothing he could do but hope that Sage could bring some light back to them. It was getting so bad he was considering using the Inferno on the three Dark Warlords.

But none of them were prepared for what did happen next. They heard a struggle from somewhere in the darkened room, followed by a loud yelp, before silence came upon them suddenly. The darkness faded away, and they stood there in horror, checking to see if they were all there. Mia and Yulie were safe, thankfully, Sage was there, Rowen was not far from him, Kento was by Mia and Yulie, Ryo stood in the center of the room, and Cye.. Cye…

Kento suddenly screamed in horror. "CYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And Ryo closed his eyes in shame, once more blaming himself for what had just happened that very day.