Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Reality ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The character Emily in this chapter and in the future chapters of this fic does not belong to me! She belongs to Tigergirl. I am only borrowing her, and if you want to use her you have to ask Tigergirl!)

Twisted Reality

Chapter 5

The girl was sitting up high in the tree near her home. She was silent, barely thinking, and yet she could not help but feel that there was danger close by. But what could she do about it? She felt alone, and knew there was no way her parents, grandfather, or her sisters would believe her. But.. Wait.. Sage might believe her. He always took her feeling serious and usually gave her good advice as well. And besides it would give an excuse to see her big brother, and to see that hot boy Cye again. Okay, she admitted it. She had a crush on him, but who wouldn't? Beautiful eyes, nice looking hair, smile to die for, and an accent to kill for.

The feeling came again, and she shuddered. Whatever was coming, she had to act fast. She leapt off the branch and landed on her feet, then headed for the house. She walked past her oldest sister Yayoi and her boyfriend making out, muttering, "Get a room!" and headed right for the phone, hoping no one was on it. Thankfully no one was.

With trembling fingers she dialed several numbers before the phone finally rang, and rang, and rang, and rang some more. She let out a sigh. Finally there was a click, and she was about to speak, when the answering machine kicked in. 'Hi, you have reached Mia Koji's. I am not here right now, but please leave a message after the tone. Thank you.'

She waited for the tone, and then spoke. "Sage, this is Emily. I need to talk to you right away! It's very important!" She hung up, and let out a sigh as she ran her fingers through her silver bangs. "I bet he went out on another date," she mumbled.

"Guys, when can I take this stupid blindfold off?" Cye whined from the backseat. He had been wearing the thing for who knows how long and he was getting frustrated. What were they doing anyway? They were being extremely secretive and not even Mia would tell him where they were going. And Ryo, Ryo was very quiet. In fact he had been quiet since he had put Cye in that chokehold earlier.

"As soon as we say you can, Cye," Kento said with a big grin.

Cye let out a low growl which made Kento grin even more. Sage kept his face straight, not wanting to blow the surprise.

The jeep continued to travel down the road, heading for its destination. To Cye the ride seemed long and slow, and with every minute he was tempted to take the blindfold off. But his friends would make sure it went right back on. So the only thing he could do was keep his patience and hope it would come off soon. With an exasperated sigh he leaned his head back against the seat and quietly fumed to himself.

Up in the front passenger seat Ryo kept his thoughts to himself. Confusion swirled around him leaves on a windy autumn day. What he had seen earlier made no sense to him at all, and he could have sworn he was only dreaming. But it had been so real, so horrifying, so unbelievable. So, did this mean that Cye would no longer be their friend? He hoped not. Cye was a very good friend, caring, compassionate, a good shoulder to lean on when one was feeling burdened. It wasn't fair, Ryo thought. Cye was a good kid. What had he done to deserve such a hideous birthmark of Talpa's? Ryo didn't know. All he knew was that they were going to Aqua World to have a good time, and Ryo was intent on not spoiling it for everybody. But somewhere deep in the back of his mind, he had this feeling of dread.

Another hour seemed to pass before the jeep finally pulled into a large parking lot. Thousands of vehicles were parked side by side in rows upon rows. The Ronins, Mia, and Yulie all got out, and Cye was standing there, wondering what was going on as they did not take off the blindfold.

Rowen and Sage grabbed the bag of presents they had, and sneaked away toward the entrance of the park after Sage had given everyone their tickets and giving Cye's ticket to Kento.

Cye sighed in frustration. "Guys, can I please take this stupid blindfold off?"

"Nope!" Kento said rather proudly. Cye growled. He was about to rip the thing off his eyes when he felt a gentle hand on his own.

"Easy, Cye. Just a few minutes longer," Mia promised.

Cye grumbled quietly, but reluctantly left it alone.

For a few minutes they waited there until everyone but Cye saw Sage and Rowen disappear into the park. Then Cye felt himself being guided along as they started to walk.

"Hey, what's going on? What are you guys doing?"

"You'll see, Cye!" Kento replied with enthusiasm.

Yulie could not help hiding a chuckle. Cye seemed pretty funny when he growled in annoyance like that. It was rare for Cye to get angry or annoyed and to the young boy it seemed quite comical. Yulie felt a hand gently squeeze his shoulder and he looked back up at Ryo. Ryo smiled at him, and he smiled back and they continued to walk. The trip was taking awfully long to Cye though. He was certain he would scream bloody blue murder at any time now.

Finally what seemed like an eternity later; actually a twenty minutes later to be precise; they stopped. Kento was grinning from ear to ear as he went behind Cye and slowly undid the blindfold.

Cye's eyes blinked several times, reacting to the bright light that shone upon them. He rubbed them a bit, getting used to brightness again, then heard two sets of footsteps coming toward them, and a familiar voice say, "Happy Birthday, Cye."

Cye looked up in astonishment and with extreme delightfulness. He couldn't believe it! They were at the one place he had wanted to visit the most, but had never gotten the chance to. He looked at Sage with almost disbelief. Disbelief was quickly overcome by gratitude.

"Sage, how can I ever thank you for this?" he cried elatedly as he stared at the main entrance.

Sage chuckled. "By having a good time."

"Come on, you guys," Rowen added. "That ticket master is waiting for your tickets." He and Sage disappeared back into the park, and waited on their friends. Cye, Kento, Ryo, Mia, and Yulie; whose hand was kept in Mia's to prevent him from wandering off, handed the ticket master their tickets and were allowed access within the park.