Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Reality ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Twisted Reality

Chapter 4.

Cye could feel Ryo's grip tight against him and was almost panicking. Why wasn't Ryo letting go of him? What had happened? He tried again and again to get his fiery leader to release him, but Ryo wouldn't. This was too much. Was Ryo trying to kill him? Had he become possessed? What was going on here? Cye couldn't stand it anymore.

"RYO, LET GO!!!"

Ryo jumped, finally coming out of his daze and released Cye. He hadn't meant to hurt his friend; he was just so shocked. How could Cye have a birthmark like Talpa's? It didn't make any sense. And yet Ryo knew now. He knew who Cye's father was, and Ryo already knew this was going to be the most difficult thing any of them had ever faced, especially Cye.

Cye stared at Ryo a bit angrily, but then he noticed something. Ryo looked like he had seen a ghost or something. He softened a bit, becoming concerned. "Ryo, what's wrong?" he asked. "What happened?"

There was no response. Ryo stood like a statue, not moving nor blinking. Cye became concerned. "RYO!!"

Ryo snapped out of it. He had to keep cool about this. He couldn't let Cye know yet. He didn't want to ruin his birthday by telling him. "I… I'm sorry, Cye," he apologized.

Cye frowned. "Ryo, what happened? You look like you saw a ghost. Are you ok?"

Ryo managed a smile, but it was a tight smile. "I'm fine, Cye. I just overreacted a little I guess."

Cye gave him a look as if he wasn't really sure if he believed his leader. He decided to let it go for now. "So when can I go in the kitchen?" he asked, looking back toward the kitchen door.

"Whenever Mia says," Ryo replied as he turned and sat down on the couch. He looked toward the TV.

Cye looked pitifully back at the kitchen door, and let out what seemed like a mournful sigh. With reluctance he sat down on the other sofa.

Outside under the window, Dais, Sekhmet, and Cale were staring at one another in shock. They had witnessed the two Ronins wrestling with each other, and saw all that had happened, including seeing the birthmark on Torrent's forehead.

"Torrent… is…" Sekhmet trailed off, unable to speak. He did not like this at all. His number one enemy was his master's son. Something wasn't right here. This had to be nothing more than a bad dream.

"I can't believe this!" Cale snarled.

"We have no time for this!" Dais ordered. "We must report to Master Talpa about this!"

And the three of them vanished, just as a white Porsche came up the driveway.

Rowen's eyes blinked several times as he heard voices downstairs. He groaned a bit and rolled onto his stomach, placing his pillow over his head. Why were they being so loud? he groaned to himself. It was way too early to be up in his opinion. Come to think of it, what time was it? He glanced over at his clock, and rubbed the sleep from his eyes so he could see the numbers better. Oh, it was after 11 a.m. He closed his eyes determined to get a few more hours of sleep.

His eyes suddenly shot open as he remembered what day it was. Crap! He jumped out of bed and raced around to get dressed as fast as he could.

Talpa stared at his three Warlords as if he couldn't believe what they had just told him. His eyes flashed red and his voice was low as he spoke. "Are you sure?"

Dais nodded. "Yes, master. We all saw the same thing. Even Wildfire saw it himself."

"Hm…" Talpa said to himself as he thought about this. In a way this was bad. He had no idea he would be related to a Ronin brat. But then again, it might prove useful as well. He looked down at his warlords. "Bring Torrent to me. I don't care how you do it, just do it. And make sure he's alive!"

The three Warlords nodded in obedience as they vanished into the tin air. Talpa leaned back, his eyes flashing as he waited.

Cye frowned, unable to see through the blindfold that had suddenly been put over his eyes. "Guys, what's going on? What are you doing?"

"Just trust us, Cye," Kento said with a grin as he led Cye to Mia's jeep.

Cye wondered what was going on as he felt himself being placed into the back of the jeep. He could tell he was sitting next to Rowen, how he knew he wasn't sure. Kento climbed in beside him, and Sage crawled in after Kento with Yulie on his lap.

"We ready?" Mia asked them all.

"Yep," Kento said cheerfully as he leaned back into his seat.

Mia nodded and started the jeep up and drove off, heading for the one place they had all been planning since Sage announced the news last night. And Cye continued to wonder where they were taking him.