Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ Visit ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden. I do, however, own Rikou Daijima, Mirien Daijima, Anira Hanagami/ Rina A. Gamihana, Morielta, Scylla, Lyn, Louise and the personality of Joenna.
 
Chapter 22
 
Alice's dream world was grand and spectacular, the Rozen Maiden's realised as they walked down a path that lead to a building. The Victorian-era styled house up ahead was magnificent, and the garden was beautiful to behold.
 
As the other Rozen Maiden's went ahead of her, Souseseki stopped to look at the hedge of rose bushes that trailed along the path. As she looked at the flowers, she realised all of the roses had withered.
 
Souseseki shuddered, as she turned and tried to catch up with the rest of the group.
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
Suigintou walked through the to the house, that she was sure Kirakishou was being kept. As she walked briskly towards the main hall, she could hear the frustration of the rest of the group, who wanted her to slow down.
 
When they finally reached what looked like a bedroom, Suigintou paused, before opening the curtain door. Everything in the room was white, including the sole occupant, who rested on a bed near the corner of the room.
 
`Kirakishou…' Suigintou seethed.
 
Shinku, Suiseseki and Souseseki stumbled into the room shortly afterwards.
 
`Kirakishou!' Suiseseki yelled. `I want a word with you ~desu!'
 
`Suiseseki!' Shinku said, shocked at Suiseseki's action.
 
`Ugh…' Kirakishou began to wake up. Her left eye immediately focused on the figure in the centre of the room.
 
`ONEE-SAMA!' Kirakishou yelled. `You're alive! You're okay! You're here!'
 
Suigintou was shocked by Kirakishou's reaction.
 
`Kirakishou, we have some things we would like to discuss with you.' Souseseki explained.
 
`Onee-sama? You want to talk with me?' Kirakishou looked at Suigintou.
 
`Suigintou isn't the only one here ~desu!' Suiseseki pouted. `Are you even aware of our presence ~desu?'
 
`Onee-sama is the most important.' Kirakishou stated.
 
`Why ~desu?'
 
`I watched her from my N-Field, as she grew, as she changed from a weak, innocent doll, into one of the most powerful.' Kirakishou explained.
 
`You've been watching me for how long?' Suigintou asked.
 
`Long enough to know everything.' Kirakishou replied. `Even your name's real origin.'
 
Suigintou's eyes widened. `You know?'
 
`Yes, I know.'
 
`What's this about names ~desu?' Suiseseki asked.
 
`Nothing.' Suigintou quickly replied.
 
`So, Onee-sama, what did you want to talk to me about?' Kirakishou smiled at her.
 
`I'm not in an `explaining mood at the moment.' Suigintou sighed. `Let Souseseki do it, she seems eager.'
 
`If Onee-sama says so, I will listen to Souseseki.' Kirakishou turned to Souseseki.
 
`Well…' Souseseki began. `Have you been feeling…weak lately?'
 
`Kind of.' Kirakishou answered.
 
`What do you mean by `Kind of'?' Souseseki asked.
 
`For a couple of weeks, I was really weak. But I feel much better, now that I've seen my Onee-sama!' Kirakishou exclaimed.
 
`Father told us that a few weeks ago, there was a rip in the N-Field and our Rosa Mysticas escaped.' Souseseki continued. `Are you aware of that?'
 
`Yes.' Kirakishou chirped. `In fact, I just let it happen!'
 
`Why?' Shinku asked.
 
`Well, after I killed Shinku and became Alice, I became upset because my Onee-sama was dead.' Kirakishou explained. `So when I felt the Rosa Mystica try to leave, I didn't stop them because I thought that Onee-sama might come back. And look!'
 
Kirakishou emphasised her point by grabbing Suigintou's arm and raising it in the air. `Here she is!'
 
`Someone's a bit obsessed ~desu.' Suiseseki rolled her eyes.
 
`Kirakishou…Did father tell you what he's going to do to us?' Suigintou asked.
 
`No, he hasn't mentioned any of you at all.' Kirakishou thought aloud. `Maybe he does not know Onee-sama exists!'
 
Suigintou grabbed Kirakishou's shoulders and forcefully turned her.
 
`Father…Is going to destroy us.' Suigintou said angrily. `For your sake.'
 
`Father is going to destroy Onee-sama…for me?' Kirakishou repeated. `Can it be the other way around?'
 
`No, it can't.' Suigintou replied.
 
`Why not?'
 
`Because you're Alice, and he wants' to recover you to full strength.' Suigintou explained. `And to do so he needs our Rosa Mystica.'
 
`No! I'll be sick forever!' Kirakishou yelled, pulling out of Suigintou's grip. `Father can't make me take them back! If Onee-sama is gone, I'll be even more depressed than ever! Father will not like that, will he?'
 
`I don't know…' Suigintou stuttered.
 
`I did everything for Onee-sama! And Shinku killed her! She ruined everything.' Kirakishou yelled.
 
`By `everything' I assume you mean that you killed Suiseseki and Kanaria, and then you set Suigintou and Shinku up, hoping that Suigintou would defeat Shinku.' Souseseki stated.
 
`Yep!' Kirakishou said boastfully. `But I also killed someone in some hospital after she insulted Onee-sama.'
 
`MEGU!' Suigintou yelled, grabbing the front of Kirakishou's shirt, and pulling her towards herself. `You were the one who killed Megu?'
 
`I guess that does make sense, since Kirakishou has vine attacks…' Shinku thought aloud.
 
`I did kill the girl in the hospital. But she insulted you! She upset you!' Kirakishou argued.
 
`She didn't upset me, she just reminded me of something bad and I over reacted!' Suigintou argued back. `Anyway, you shouldn't go around killing people for my sake, if they've done nothing to me! Why didn't you introduce yourself and ask me who you could and couldn't kill?'
 
`At the time I only existed in the N-Field, I could not materialise in the real world!' Kirakishou explained. `I only could meet you when you came to my N-Field.'
 
`That N-field where Enju was, is yours ~desu?' Suiseseki asked.
 
`Yep, it is!' Kirakishou answered. `After that fake battle, you left your mess everywhere! I was going to kill those fake people, but I was too busy watching Onee-sama fighting… And then they just vanished.'
 
`Enju is dead now.' Suigintou mumbled. `I killed him.'
 
`YOU killed him ~desu?' Suiseseki said in shock. `I thought he died when you expelled all your power.'
 
`I was being controlled by the tipped balance, and…' Suigintou remembered Louise. `Another force.'
 
`Another force?' Shinku asked.
 
`I don't know what it was, but I could feel it.' Suigintou lied.
 
There was a silence between the five of them, before Souseseki spoke up.
 
`So, what are we going to do?' She asked. `We are going to get destroyed, and there isn't really anything we can do about it.'
 
`I won't allow it!' Kirakishou yelled. `I won't let my Onee-sama die for me! It won't happen. I won't allow it!'
 
`There isn't anything left to talk about that hasn't already been said.' Suigintou said. `I'm leaving.'
 
Suigintou turned and headed out the door, followed shortly afterwards by the other three. Shinku, who had been the last to leave, only just caught sight of Kirakishou's frustrated facial expression.
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
`Are you sure that there's nothing you can do about it?' Rina asked the four Rozen Maiden's who were sitting at the kitchen table with Joenna and Sherry.
 
The four Rozen Maiden's had returned from Rozen's N-Field only minutes ago, and had explained their current situation to Rina, and had told the two other dolls the new information that they had learnt.
 
`As far as we know, there is nothing we can do.' Souseseki said dully. `It seems that even Kirakishou couldn't do anything for us either.'
 
`I'm sure that she would if Suigintou was involved ~desu.' Suiseseki giggled.
 
`When Rozen was speaking to you, he seemed like a scary person!' Joenna shuddered.
 
`What I don't understand is; Why does he want to destroy you, when the person he wants to do it for, doesn't want your destruction? Isn't that a clash of interests?' Sherry said.
 
`Rozen didn't tell Kirakishou about what he intended to do.' Shinku replied. `Kirakishou was quite…surprised when we told her.'
 
`I see…' Sherry sighed.
 
`I think Shinku and I should go back to Idiot's apartment for now.' Suigintou said.
 
`We haven't thought of anything else.' Shinku agreed. `If you think of anything, please contact us.'
 
`Okay ~desu!' Suiseseki yelled, as Suigintou and Shinku went upstairs to collect Shinku's case. `Have a safe trip back ~desu!'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
Rikou was finishing up his homework at his desk on that Sunday, when he heard something tap on his window.
 
`I wonder what that is…' Rikou turned and saw Suigintou tapping on the window.
 
Rikou walked over and opened it, allowing her to come inside.
 
`Please duck.' Suigintou asked, as she floated onto the end of the bed.
 
`Wha…?' Was the only thing that Rikou had time to say, before Suigintou pulled him down to her height, and he felt something whiz over the top of his back.
 
`Why don't you ever listen?' Suigintou sighed, releasing him from her grip.
 
Rikou stood up, and saw Shinku step out of her case on the other side of the room.
 
`Wow…You missed the window…' Rikou murmured.
 
`Well, it was open this time, and I do have better navigation of my suitcase then the twins seem to.' Shinku replied.
 
Rikou looked up at the clock. `Do you want me to make you two some dinner? Mirien will probably have some soon, and I might as well make some for you…'
 
`That, and tea.' Shinku demanded. `Please remember how I taught you to make it this morning.'
 
`Yes, yes.' Rikou turned to Suigintou. `Would you like anything extra while I'm at it?'
 
`No, I'm fine.' Suigintou said. `Just fine.'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
After dinner, the apartment was surprisingly quiet. Shinku and Suigintou had explained to Mirien, Rikou and Lyn what had happened during the day, and as Suigintou entered Rikou's room in order to rest for the night, she pondered on whether that was the reason for the silence.
 
`It looks like Rikou is still doing something in the kitchen. I may have some time to myself for a while…'
 
Suigintou sat on his bed and removed her shoes. She moved on his bed over to the wall and curled up in a ball against it.
 
`What should we do about Father's decision I wonder…' Suigintou rested her head against the wall.
 
`While you're sitting around being gloomy about Rozen's big offer, have you thought about mine yet?' Louise materialized in front of her.
 
`The one you posed yesterday?' Suigintou remembered that Louise had insisted that she take over Suigintou's body in order to kill Rozen.
 
`Well, now you have a reason to hate him, so I was wondering whether you'd changed your mind yet.' Louise purred, leaning forward and cuddling Suigintou. `I told you, a lot can change in a day…'
 
`Did you know?' Suigintou pulled away from Louise.
 
`Of course I knew. I know my father better than anyone else does.' Louise crawled back over to Suigintou, and began cuddling her again. `He would do something like this.'
 
`Louise, do you know what I should do?' Suigintou asked.
 
`Well, you can let me kill him, and all your problems will be solved.' Louise replied, as she began playing with Suigintou's hair.
 
`No, I mean…' Suigintou began. `I really don't care too much about Hina Ichigo's or Kanaria's Rosa Mystica, but my other sisters will be mad at me if I decide on my own to give them up.'
 
`Well, I can take control of you, reject the offer, and then you can blame it all on me!' Louise tightened her embrace on Suigintou.
 
`Louise, that's cheating.'
 
`So? You've cheated before. I say that if I kill Rozen, all of your problems will be solved!' Louise giggled, as she began untying the ribbon in Suigintou's choker.
 
`I'll let you think about it some more.' Louise leaned over and kissed Suigintou on the cheek.
 
`Wait!' Suigintou watched Louise disappear.
 
She soon discovered why Louise had disappeared. Rikou had just entered the room, and she knew Louise did not like to be seen by others.
 
`Oh, you're here.' Rikou said. `I heard you talking to yourself.'
 
Suigintou sighed. `Where are Shinku and Lyn?'
 
`Lyn has gone somewhere.' Rikou looked up at the ceiling. `And Shinku is in the kitchen with Mirien.'
 
`Are you sure that's a good idea?' Suigintou asked. `Mirien doesn't like living dolls…'
 
`Shinku is teaching her how to make tea, because I was in the shower and she did not know how to make it `perfect'.' Rikou replied. `For some reason, Mirien wants to learn…'
 
`There are some things with humans I will never understand…' Suigintou said, staring out the window at the dark night sky.
 
Rikou sat down beside her on the bed and tried to see what she was looking at, but he could not see anything.
 
`Does your father really have to destroy you?' He asked her.
 
`If he wants to, then he can.' Suigintou replied.
 
`Why do you so willingly do whatever he says?' Rikou asked. `That's not normally like you!'
 
`As Rozen Maiden's, we treasure our father…' Suigintou began.
 
`Even though you know that he really doesn't care about you at all?' Rikou interrupted.
 
`It's etched into our subconscious.' Suigintou continued. `That's just how it is.'
 
`So, two days from now, you won't exist anymore…' Rikou said.
 
`…Yeah.' Suigintou answered. `I guess I will cease to exist after then.'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
A/N
 
I am very sorry for not updating this sooner, but I had exams and then three trips in a row. Anyway, there is one chapter and an epilogue after this one.