Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ Ending ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden. I do, however, own Rikou Daijima, Mirien Daijima, Anira Hanagami/ Rina A. Gamihana, Morielta, Scylla, Lyn, Louise and the personality of Joenna.
 
Chapter 23
The next day came and went without any unusual happenings. Suigintou and Shinku had visited Rina's household, but came back with still no solution to the current situation that the Rozen Maiden's had found themselves in. Rikou and Mirien had been at school, and Lyn had been noticeably absent during the day.
 
Suigintou had woken up early that Tuesday morning, and found Louise sitting in front of her.
 
`So, today's the big day, is it?' Louise asked, ignoring Rikou who was lying next to Suigintou still asleep, and pulling Suigintou into a hug.
 
`I suppose you could put it like that...' Suigintou answered.
 
`Are you sure, sure you don't want me to kill Rozen?' Louise asked. `That is what he deserves after everything that's happened to you, your sisters and myself.'
 
`Yes, I'm sure that killing him is quite unnecessary.' Suigintou replied.
 
`But why?' Louise asked. `He's done so much to hurt you...'
 
`Because firstly, he's my father...' Suigintou began.
 
`He's my father as well!' Louise pointed out.
 
`That's true, but you don't really see him as that, do you?' Suigintou said.
 
`Even if I did see him as my father, and call him father, and do other things like that, he's still the man who let me die, and no matter what position he may have held in my previous life, I would still want him to suffer for what he has done.' Louise argued.
 
`And secondly...' Suigintou continued. `I respect his decision to keep Alice as she is.'
 
`Why? Isn't it wrong to sacrifice others for what you want?' Louise argued.
 
`That's what you're trying to do, isn't it?' Suigintou argued back.
 
`But he deserves it!' Louise said.
 
`Look…' Suigintou sighed. `I'm not in the mood for arguing over my father's fate today. We've had this discussion before.'
 
`Well, if you ever want to change your mind…' Louise looked disappointed, as she faded away.
 
Suigintou sighed, and lay back down on the bed.
 
`So, this is how my last day of existence begins…' Suigintou said to herself.
 
Suigintou stood up on the bed, and jumped over Rikou, who was still sleeping. As she sat back down on the edge of the bed, she heard the door click open.
 
`Oh, I see you're awake.' Lyn said as she closed the door and sat on Rikou's desk chair.
 
`I think that's pretty obvious.' Suigintou said.
 
`You're not in a good mood today.'
 
`How would you feel if your creator wanted you destroyed?'
 
Lyn shrugged. `Don't know. I've never been in that situation before.'
 
`Be grateful you haven't.'
 
`Are you sure you're going to be destroyed today?' Lyn asked.
 
`This was the decided date.' Suigintou sighed.
 
`But didn't you have the choice of not being destroyed?'
 
`Yes, and I would have chosen that option if my sisters hadn't wanted to protect the other dolls who had no chance of existing anyway. There are some things about my sisters I will probably never understand.' Suigintou said.
 
`You seem to have an odd relationship with your sisters.' Lyn commented.
 
`Until recently, I couldn't even claim to have a decent relationship with my sisters, so I guess things have gotten better since then.' Suigintou jumped off the bed, and stared at the open case on the ground. `Is Shinku already awake?'
 
`Yes, I have just made tea for her.' Lyn replied.
 
`And you didn't complain?'
 
`No, I used to make it for her all the time when we were in captivity, so she is used to my standards. Apparently, I make good tea.' Lyn shrugged.
 
`Oh...I see...'
 
`Would you like to join her for breakfast? I think she expects you to make an appearance soon.' Lyn said.
 
Suigintou thought for a bit before replying with `Yes, I think I will.'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
`So, this is it.' Souseseki said sadly as the four Rozen Maidens gathered in Rina's house later that day.
 
`Yes. I suppose so.' Shinku sighed, as she opened her pocket watch. `One minute to twelve.'
 
`You know… If anyone a hundred years go had told me that I would die by Father's hand, I would have probably destroyed them…' Suigintou thought aloud.
 
`We were all a bit like that ~desu.' Suiseseki said.
 
`Except, maybe Hina Ichigo. She seemed to only want to colour things in...' Souseseki giggled.
 
Suddenly, a bright light appeared in the corner of the room, and it slowly began to take the shape of an object. Soon, a figure emerged from the light, and the Rozen Maiden's saw that it was their Father.
 
`Have you made a decision?'
 
`Yes.' Shinku said. `We would like to be destroyed to save Alice.'
 
`That's a good answer… Who would like to go first?'
 
The Rozen Maidens looked at each other.
 
`I'll go.' Suigintou sighed. `Might as well get it over with…'
 
Suigintou stepped forward, and stood in front of Rozen. A soul catcher's scythe appeared in Rozen's hand. He raised it above Suigintou, in order to remove the Rosa Mystica from her body.
 
She closed her eyes and waited for death to take her.
 
But she did not feel anything. No pain, no soul-leaving-body sensation.
 
Suigintou reopened her eyes and saw Father clutching at his heart.
 
`What `s going on?' Suigintou thought, not daring to say a word.
 
Suigintou suddenly felt a tug at her own Mystica.
 
`Louise…What are you trying to…'
 
Suigintou closed her eyes and when she re-opened them, she was no longer Suigintou. Her eyes were blank, and she began to glow.
 
Shinku gasped. She had seen this before when Louise had taken over from the effects of the tipped balance.
 
`Good evening Rozen.' Louise sounded like Suigintou.
 
`What is going on… Suigintou, did you have anything to do with this?'
 
`Suigintou? You think I'm Suigintou?' `Louise' began to laugh. `I am Louise, Rozen. Remember me?'
 
Rozen gasped. Louise laughed in an evil manner.
 
`I thought you might remember me. I would have been so disappointed if you hadn't'
 
`Louise…Did you force Alice to give her position? Just then?'
 
Louise laughed manically. `No, she did that on her own. With a little persuasion, I might add, but it was all her choice. See, even your Alice has seen evil in your ways…'
 
Rozen cringed. `Why…?'
 
`Why? I think you can answer that yourself…' Louise snapped. `And now…you will pay.'
 
Louise summoned a longer version of Suigintou's sword, and scattered glowing feathers around the room. The window broke, and the wind accelerated through the room, glass going everywhere.
 
`You will suffer, Rozen. For me...' Louise looked over her shoulder. `For them…'
 
Louise put her left hand, that was not holding her sword, over Suigintou's heart. `And for her.'
 
`And now…' Louise raised her sword. `DIE!!'
 
The other Rozen Maiden's were forced to close their eyes. They re-opened them, and saw Suigintou powering down, until she had stopped glowing and her eyes were back to normal.
 
The door to Rina's room opened, and Joenna and Sherry ran in.
 
`Is everything ok?' Joenna asked. `We saw light coming from the door, and there was weird voices…' Joenna saw Suigintou and she understood what had happened.
 
Suigintou was leaning over Rozen's body, tears forming in her eyes.
 
`What was that ~desu?' Suiseseki asked.
 
There were no words spoken between the six dolls.
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
Suigintou and Shinku returned to Rikou's apartment, and found that both Rikou and Mirien had returned from school.
 
`That was…eventful…' Suigintou said to Shinku. Shinku nodded.
 
`Does Rikou have guests over?' Shinku asked.
 
Suigintou listened, and heard two unmistakable voices, Rikou's and Lyns, talking with someone whose voice seemed familiar.
 
Then, Suigintou realised who it was.
 
`It can't be!'
 
Suigintou and Shinku rushed into the kitchen and found Rikou, Lyn and Kirakishou chatting over tea.
 
`Whe…when?' Suigintou stuttered.
 
`ONEE-SAMA!!!' Kirakishou leaped onto Suigintou.
 
`Kirakishou what are you doing here?' Suigintou asked.
 
`Let me explain…' Lyn began. `When I heard that you and Shinku were going to get destroyed by your Father, I asked Louise to open the Alice's N-Field and convince Kirakishou to give up her position, thus meaning you didn't need to give up your life. I have been visiting her repeatedly since.'
 
`When did you know Louise?' Suigintou asked.
 
`I saw you talking to her once. I tried to call her, and she appeared. We had similar interests.' Lyn explained.
 
`I see…' Suigintou sharply inhaled. `Kirakishou, let go! I can't breathe!'
 
`Sorry, Onee-sama…' Kirakishou giggled. `I haven't seen you in so long! I get to stay with Onee-sama!'
 
Suigintou sighed. `Sometimes, she reminds me of the other children…'
 
Shinku smiled. `Rikou. Get me some tea.'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
It was night time, and all the occupants of Rikou's apartment were sleeping. Rikou was sleeping in his bed, and next to him lay Suigintou, who was in turn being cuddled by Kirakishou.
 
As the moonlight passed through the curtains, Louise appeared on the bed, over where Suigintou and Kirakishou were sleeping.
 
Louise reached out and brushed Suigintou's bangs from her eyes. `I wish it didn't have to be like this. I'm sorry. You will be heading for some where better.'
 
Louise positioned her hand over Suigintou's forehead. `I'll miss you…'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
The next morning, Suigintou, Shinku, Suiseseki, Souseseki, Lyn, Joenna, Sherry and Kirakishou disappeared.
 
For Rikou, Mirien and Rina, their lives carried on normally.
 
Rikou became a well-known engineer, and his building structures are studied the world over.
 
Rina's songs were at the top of the charts for twenty years, before she decided to retire from singing. Many of her songs are dedicated to her parents.
 
Mirien became a world-famous manga writer and drawer. Her most famous manga series was about seven mythical dolls. There is currently an anime being made based on this manga.
 
When he turned 23, Mirien and Rikou were re-united with their parents and newborn baby sibling. Her name was Louise.