Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ May The Sun Shine Forever ❯ A Present For Kaoru ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

.:*May The Sun Shine Forever*:.

*Author's Note: This fanfic is the first I've ever done, so don't take me too harshly! I'm only 12 (hehe, srry midori, but I'm taking your line. Besides, I'm younger then you are.)! I rather do one on Inuyasha, but since your site is for Ruroken, this will have to do. I do not own any of Watsuki's characters, so don't send any of those big- time lawyers out to get me. *hidehide* Although I wouldn't object to owning Soujiro.....*drooldrool* Well, here goes!*

Chapter One

May the sun shine forever,

May the light be your savior,

May there always be hope,

May there always be pride.

The man smiled as he took the small, gold music box into his hands. The heart -shaped indent on the side was made precisely so that a similarly- shaped heart locket could be fit into to open the box. Handing a few yen to the salesman at the booth, he went on, humming the delicate tune.

May the sun shine forever,

May you always endeavor,

May there always be love,

May there always be light.

The red -haired man disappeared among the rising dust.

"Kaoru! Uncle Kenny's back!"

Dancing and cheering, Ayame and Suzume clapped their tiny hands and ran out to the red -haired swordsman. With a shift to the heavy bag on his shoulder, Himura picked Ayame up easily and swung her around. Laughing, she jumped off and ran behind him, joining Suzume in tugging at the load he carried.

"What's in the bag, Uncle Kenny?"

"Yah, yah! Wha in wa bag?"

Kenshin smiled. "It's a secret, that it is," he whispered to the curious duo. "Don't tell Miss Kaoru, but it's her birthday present."

With their eyes growing wide, they nodded furiously. "I won't tell anyone, promise!"

"Yah! We pwomise!"

Giggling at the idea of having a secret, they ran off, skipping towards the dojo.

Kenshin smiled. He took the heavy bag off his shoulder and sighed in relief as the load swung to the ground. His break, however, was cut short by a broom.

*THUNK*

"Oro....."

"I sent you out to get the vegetables two hours ago," berated Kaoru, repeatedly smacking Kenshin on the head with the broom. As the bristles continuously drove into his mouth, Kenshin tried miserably to reply.

"Wi wruff frying fro frake frap friar wrife!"

Kaoru stopped. Weeping, she ran back into the dojo, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Oro?"

Sano stepped out, casting a look over his shoulder at the moody Kaoru. "Hah. Women. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Whaddya do to her anyway?"

Kenshin sighed. As he spit out the remaining twigs from his mouth, he replied, "All I told her was that I was trying to make a fair price."

Sano laughed uproariously. "Hah! Well, it obviously didn't come out the right way!

Kenshin fingered the string to the bag nervously. "Hehe…really…"

"Hahaha! It came out… hahaha …she thought you said... hahaha!"

Kenshin sweatdropped.

"It came out that you were trying to make up with your so -called "fair wives"."

Sano started chortling again, and went on for quite some time before he realized the other wasn't replying.

"Hey Kenshin. You haven't died on me, have you? Hey Kenshin. Kenshin? Uh… Dang, where's Megumi when you need her?"