Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Sleep Now My Baby ❯ What Kaoru Has A Baby? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sleep Now My Baby Chapter 2: What Kaoru Has A Baby?

"This has been one strange day," Sano said as they walked home.

"Yes," Kenshin replied, "That's the first time I've even been knocked out in a fight over beef stew that it is."

"Well you wouldn't have if Sanosuke would of just given it to me," Yahiko said.

"Hey no way I asked for it first," Sano replied.

"So your fat enough as it is," Yahiko said.

"What fat why you little," Sano said angrily and began to chase Yahiko.

"Those two," Kenshin said with a laugh, "Miss Kaoru is something bothering you you've been very quiet today?"

"No I'm fine really," Kaoru replied.

"Ok if you say so but if you need to tell me something feel free," Kenshin said seeing the sadness in Kaoru's eyes.

"Yeah sure," Kaoru replied not knowing if she should tell him or not.

"I'm going to go catch up with Sano and Yahiko before they kill each other ok?" Kenshin said.

"Yes go ahead," Kaoru replied still walking with her eyes on the ground.

"Ok I'll see you at the dojo then," Kenshin said and ran after Sano and Yahiko.

"What should I do, should I tell him? Should I tell him and if I did how would he react would he leave, would he run away from me forever?" she asked herself, "No, no he wouldn't he'd never leave me not for something like this but should I tell him? Would he try and save Kaiya and sacrifice himself for her and maybe even for me, I know he would if he had to and I can't let that happen I must not tell him."

"Hey Kaoru what took you so long we've been here for about 20 minutes and we didn't run that fast why did you take so long?" Yahiko asked as he stepped out of the dojo and walked toward Kaoru.

"I guess I was just walking slow," Kaoru replied softly.

"Well you must have been walking really slow, Kenshin and Sano went somewhere they probably won't be back till late so we have the dojo to ourselves for most of the night, they said they'd be back tonight but we'd most likely be in bed already," Yahiko said.

"Oh I see," Kaoru replied still looking at the ground her bangs hanging down over her eyes so Yahiko couldn't see the sadness that filled her eyes.

"Oh and I almost forgot Dr. Gensai is bring Ayame and Suzume over for a visit."

"Alright I'll be sure to be here," Kaoru replied.

"So what do you want to do now?" Yahiko asked.

"Well I was thinking about just going to bed I'm not feeling very well right now and I'm really tired."

"Really are you sick?" Yahiko asked.

"Well I might be coming down with something but I'm sure I'll be fine," Kaoru lied trying to make up a reason so she could go to her room and think without anyone bothering her, they would think she was asleep and leave her alone.

"Well ok do you want me to bring you anything?" Yahiko asked.

"No I'm fine if your still up when Kenshin and Sano get back tell them I said goodnight," Kaoru said.

"Nah I'll just go to bed its boring being here by myself," Yahiko said and began to walk back into the dojo while Kaoru went to her room.

"I can't believe he came back," Kaoru said breading her hair so it wouldn't get tangled during the night.

"Hey Kaoru!" Yahiko yelled from outside her door.

"Yes?" Kaoru replied.

"Would you like a bath I can get the water ready if you want," Yahiko said feeling sorry for her thinking she was really sick.

"No, no thank you Yahiko I'm just going to go to bed ok," Kaoru replied.

"Oh ok on second thought I might just stay up and wait for Kenshin and Sanosuke to get home I need to get some training done and thought maybe I could do that until they get back."

"Yeah sure that would be fine," Kaoru said.

"Ok I'll see you in the morning then goodnight," Yahiko said and ran off to the dojo.

"What do I do now?" Kaoru asked herself as she lie in bed, "I can save her all by myself she is my daughter she is my responsibility not Kenshin's not Sano's not Yahiko's she is mine and mine alone but can I save her," Kaoru said drifting off to sleep.

"Ah, Ah, Ah," Yahiko said as he practiced with his wooden sword.

"Hey we're back," Sano said as they came in the front door.

"Hey guys," Yahiko said as he put his sword away and ran to them.

"Hey what are you doing up so late I was expecting Missy up but not you it's passed 1:00 in the morning," Sano said.

"So what," Yahiko said a little angry that they were treating him like a child.

"Where is Miss Kaoru?" Kenshin asked.

"Oh she went to bed early she said she wasn't feeling well," Yahiko replied.

"Really," Kenshin said, "Did she want us to do anything for her?"

"No all she wanted me to do was tell you two goodnight for her," Yahiko replied.

"Well she was acting strange earlier today maybe she really is sick," Sano said.

"Well I wouldn't doubt her," Kenshin said a little worried.

"Maybe we should check on her," Sano said.

"I dunno she said she wanted to be left alone," Yahiko replied.

"We should just go to bed I'm sure she will be feeling better in the morning that she will," Kenshin said and went to his room.

"Umm… ok," Sano said as he and Yahiko went to there rooms as well.

"Miss Kaoru what is wrong?" Kenshin asked himself as he opened the sliding door and entered his room, "What is bothering you? Is something seriously wrong with you? Is someone trying to hurt you?" Kenshin asked himself as he got into his bed and fell into a restless sleep.

"Kaoru is probably just joking around with us," Yahiko said as he and Sanosuke went to their rooms, "She does stuff like this all the time."

"Yeah but the way she was acting today I think there really might be something wrong with her," Sano replied as they walked on.

"Well if you're really that worried we could always go check on her then I can prove I'm right," Yahiko said.

"Ok then Yahiko let's just go see what Missy is up to," Sano said as they turned around and headed for Kaoru's room.

"I can't sleep," Kaoru said as she sat up in bed, "I can't sleep I just can't stop thinking about Kaiya. I loved her and he took her away now I have to choose between my baby and Kenshin. Why? Why is this happening to me? Why couldn't he just leave us alone why did he have to take my baby from me?" Kaoru said as a single tear slid down her cheek and fell to her hand.

"Hey I think she's crying," Yahiko said as he put his ear on her door.

"Really?" Sano asked and put his ear on to.

"She is, she really is crying what a wimp," Yahiko said with a laugh.

"No," Sano said he could just barley make out what she was saying, "She's not crying because she's sick she's not crying at all she's grieving."

"Grieving for who did someone die?" Yahiko asked he couldn't understand anything Kaoru was saying.

"Her daughter," Sano replied her was as shocked as Yahiko to hear this but didn't show it.

"Daughter? What daughter? What the heck are you talking about Sanosuke?" Yahiko asked very confused.

"She's talking about a little girl named Kaiya she keeps repeating how someone took her and now she either has to see her die or Kenshin die," Sano said.

"What no way Kaoru can't have a daughter if she did then she would of told us she is probably just hallucinating because she is sick," Yahiko said not believing a word that came out of Sano's mouth.

"No I don't think so I think what she is saying is true, if she really has a daughter then she never told us because it is her way of forgetting about her," Sano said.

"But why would she want to forget about her own kid?" Yahiko asked still confused.

"Because something awful happened she doesn't want to forget her but she also doesn't want to remember her because of what happened to her, I am the same way when I think about Captain Sagura and how those Imperialists pigs killed him I forget about it all when I fight that is the one time I can forget it all, Missy must be doing the same thing but in her own way," Sano said.

"What you aren't making any sense what do you mean she wants to forget but she doesn't want to forget I'm lost," Yahiko said.

"You'll understand when you're older," Sano said.

"Well if grown ups are this weird then I never want to grow up," Yahiko replied.

"Shhh she'll hear you," Sanosuke said.

"Oh well so what," Yahiko replied, "I'm going to bed this is stupid!"

"Yahiko!" Sano said in a loud whisper.

"Do you guys need something?" Kaoru asked opening her door to see them both standing in front of her.

"Oh hi Missy we just wanted to know if you needed anything ah ha ha ha," Sano said beginning to rub the back of his head trying to make it sound like they weren't listing in on her.

"Want something my butt," Yahiko said angrily, "Kaoru what the heck are you talking about? What do you mean you have a daughter I want to know this whole thing right now!" Yahiko said aloud.

"Yahiko," Sano said a little angry about what Yahiko had just done.

"You heard me?" Kaoru asked surprised and a little scared.

"Darn right we did now tell us what's going on," Yahiko said.

"Yahiko no," Sano said now very angry.

"No it's alright you would of found out anyway," Kaoru said.

"Ha ha I was right Sanosuke she wasn't sick after all," Yahiko said with a big smile on his face.

"Shut up," Sano said as they followed Kaoru into her room so she could explain everything to them.

"So what your saying is a few years ago a guy named Ronin raped you and you had a daughter then he took her from you?" Yahiko asked.

"Yes and now he is back and said if I didn't get Kenshin to let Ronin kill him without putting up a fight he was going to kill Kaiya," Kaoru added.

"Your not going to betray Kenshin are you?" Sano asked.

"No of course not I would never betray Kenshin," Kaoru said.

"Then what are you going to do are you going to let him kill Kaiya?" Yahiko asked.

"No," Kaoru replied immediately.

"Then what are you gonna do?" Sano asked.

"I don't know yet," Kaoru replied.

"Hey why are we even worrying about this I'm sure this Ronin guy is no match for Kenshin I mean he is the legendary Battousai after all," Yahiko said with a smile.

"No you don't understand Ronin is a killer he would do anything to kill Kenshin I don't think Kenshin can win against him even if Kenshin is stronger he will think of someway to get rid of him," Kaoru said.

"Why didn't you tell Kenshin any of this Missy?" Sano asked.

"Because I didn't know what he would do or what he would say," Kaoru replied.

"I'm sure he would help you Kaoru why not just tell him he's going to find out when Ronin wants to fight anyways," Yahiko said.

"Because I just can't I don't want Kenshin to die I couldn't live with myself if Kenshin was killed," Kaoru said.

"What do you mean there is no way Ronin could kill Kenshin," Yahiko replied confused once again.

"No you don't get it Yahiko," Sano said, "Kenshin wouldn't lose a fight against Ronin and I too believe that is true but it doesn't mean he wont sacrifice himself for Kaoru or Kaiya."

"Oh I get it Kaoru said Ronin would do anything to get rid of Kenshin even if he doesn't kill him himself she means Ronin wont have to kill Kenshin all he has to do is get Kaoru or Kaiya to the point when Kenshin has no choice but to kill himself," Yahiko said.

"Yeah now you got it," Sano replied.

"What a cheat I never thought a swordsmen could stoop so low as to making his opponent kill himself," Yahiko said clenching his fists.

"This man isn't a swordsmen Yahiko he's a killer this is all a game to him and the game is won when his target dies he will do anything to win the game wither it is fair or not he doesn't care just as long as he wins," Kaoru said angrily.

"Wow man look it's getting light outside," Yahiko said looking out Kaoru's window.

"Yeah we should probably get to bed so Kenshin doesn't get specious," Sano replied and stood up.

"Yeah I agree," Kaoru said.

"Are you sure you're all right Missy?" Sano asked as he opened the sliding door.

"Yeah I'll be fine thank you for coming last night I didn't know I could feel so much claimer knowing you know about Kaiya," Kaoru said.

"Hey no problem and if you run into this Ronin guy again I'll straighten him out myself he won't even get a chance to see Kenshin," Sano said as Yahiko walked up behind him.

"Yeah right Sano you couldn't hit him if you tried," Yahiko said with a laugh.

"What'd you said?" Sano asked putting his face so close to Yahiko's it looked as if their noses might touch.

"You heard me you wanna be," Yahiko said.

"You wanna see what I can do you little brat?" Sano asked angrily.

"I don't need to see I already know how bad you are," Yahiko replied.

"Oh yeah here let me change your mind," Sano said throwing his fist at him.

"What's going on here?" Kenshin asked coming from his room.

"Oh hi Kenshin," Sano said and stopped his punch.

"What has you up so early Yahiko?" Kenshin asked, "You usually don't get up till about eleven and here you are up at six."

"Well Sano was being a jerk and woke me up," Yahiko said not wanting to let Kenshin know about their secret.

"What why you little!" Sano yelled now madder then ever.

"Ok you two you can stop now there is no use in fighting over nothing that there isn't," Kenshin said with a smile.

"Hey stay outta this Kenshin!"

"Yeah butt out this is none of your business!" they both yelled at Kenshin.

"Come on guys Kenshin is right you need to stop fighting over stupid stuff," Kaoru said as she came out of her room to where they where fighting.

"What why you!" they both yelled now at Kaoru.

"Come on now how about we all go into the kitchen and get some breakfast?" Kenshin said trying to get the fight over with before someone got hurt.

"Ughhh… Kenshin why'd do you have to mention food during a fight you always use my weakness against me," Sano said.

"Well that's what happens when you're a pig all you want to do is eat what fun is fighting if all you care about is food," Yahiko added folding his hands behind his head.

"Miss Kaoru are you feeling better would you like some breakfast?" Kenshin asked as Sano and Yahiko ran to the kitchen.

"Yes I'm feeling a lot better thanks," Kaoru said.

"Well I'm glad to hear your feeling better that I am," Kenshin replied with a smile, "Shall we go help Yahiko and Sanosuke with breakfast then?"

"Yeah sure that sounds good," Kaoru said as they headed for the kitchen.

"Hey Sano give that back!" they could hear Yahiko yell from the kitchen.

"Oh boy it sounds like the battle is not yet over does it?" Kenshin asked Kaoru.

"No it doesn't those to they act like little kids fighting all the time."

"It would seem to me that they do not act like little kids but they act like brothers fighting like brothers do," Kenshin said.

"Yeah that's one way of putting it," Kaoru replied as they neared the door.

"Here we are Miss Kaoru," Kenshin said as he opened the door, "ORO!"

"Oh Kenshin are you alright?' Kaoru asked as Kenshin lie on the ground.

"These are really good rice balls oro," Kenshin said he had been hit in the face with a rice ball as soon as he had opened the door.

"Yeah they are good," Yahiko said as he threw another one at Sano.

"Hey what's going on here?" an old man's voice was heard.

"Oh Dr. Gensai how are you?" Kaoru asked turning to see the doctor and his to granddaughters standing with him.

"Uncle Kenny!"

"Uncle Ken!" Ayume and Suzume yelled happily and ran to Kenshin who still lie on the ground.

"Hi how are you?" Kenshin asked the two little girls who jumped on top of him.

"We're fine hey Uncle Kenny let's play let's play," Suzume said happily as Kenshin got up.

"Ok, ok let's go play," Kenshin replied and began to chase the girls around.

"He sure des make a good babysitter doesn't he," Dr. Gensai said with a smile.

"Yeah he does," Kaoru replied staring at the little kids and wondering what Kaiya looks like now she probably not more than a year or two old.

"Hey Dr. Gensai how are you?" Sano asked walking out of the kitchen with a rice ball smashed in his hair.

"I'm fine and I see were having some problems with your breakfast," Dr. Gensai replied with a smile.

"Huh?" Sano said confused.

"In your hair stupid!" Yahiko said with an evil smile.

"What in my…" Sano started and began to feel his head, "Why Yahiko you little!"

"Ha ha!" Yahiko said and ran off.

"Get back here you little brat!" Sano said and chased him out of the yard and down the street. "Just wait till I get my hands on you!" Sano yelled and chased him into the part of town with all the shops.

"I will have to wait, I'll have to wait forever cause you'll never get me!" Yahiko replied.