Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ When Amethyst Loved Amber ❯ 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin, yes it is two in the morning, and it's a hurtful thing to say at this hour…*Sniff*

Warnings: ummm…..nothing out of the ordinary

Chapter 9

Hanami hissed, "Maybe if I kill you…it Will be Easier to kill the battousai without any distractions….."

Sanosuke gulped and peered down the blade, into her enraged blue eyes, "Distractions…H-Hanami what are you talking about?" He'd begun to think that kissing her wasn't such a good idea. Her eyes burned into his, as his dark eyes widened. She scowled, "Don't you get it? You're the distraction Sano. Every time I turn around, your there, giving me that sexy little smirk of yours or cocking your eyebrow, that cute way you do…Your driving me insane with your mindless flirts…I'm supposed to be Killing the battousai…." Her voice dipped to a whisper, "I'm not supposed to be falling in love…"

Sanosuke's eyes about rolled out of his head, "Nani?! L-Love?" Hanami scowled again, "That's why I'm going to kill you!"

Sanosuke began to back away but her other hand caught his jacket and yanked him forward, "You should have thought twice before you put the moves on me Sano."

"Lower your Weapon Kisei Megami!" A voice rang out above them. Hanami looked up too see who it was that had called out her name. Seizing the opportunity, Sanosuke ducked out of the way and moved, looking up. "Battousai." Hanami spat. Kenshin jumped over the rail and landed with the agility of a tiger at the bottom. He raised his hand to his hilt, "I do not like that you raise a weapon against a man who is defensless."

Sanosuke scowled, Defenseless, eh? Hanami in turn drew her Koketsu up, pointing it towards Kenshin, "Then you will take his place Battousai." Kenshin scowled, narrowing his eyes, "I am not the battousai anymore. I am Kenshin Himura, a wanderer who protects others with the use of this reverseblade sword."

Hanami laughed, "Protect? You don't even stand a chance against me with that reverseblade, Himura the Battousai." Kenshin frowned, she was getting to him. Crouching, he steadied his hand, cocking his shoulder.

Hanami crouched as well, holding her Koketsu above her shoulder.

Sanosuke watched the two, squaring off, as they threatened each other silently. Finally Kenshin broke the silence, "Hanami, if you love another, why do you still wish to kill me." Hanami's eyes faltered, betraing her feelings for a mere second before returning back to the malicious gaze, "love will not stop me from taking revenge, if I cant have the battousai back, I will kill the wanderer of this day and age."

Kenshin nodded, "Since it seems you are offering no other motives, I will fight you, with this reverse blade sword." Hanami nodded.

Sanosuke watched as they charged forth, metal hitting against metal, soft grunts coming from the harsh impacts of the two blades, sending them both backwards. Dust kicked up from them as they landed, sliding back a few paces, then charging again.

A clash in a moment, they landed, back to back, each scowling. Kenshin stood, sheathing his sword as the end of her Koketsu broke away cleanly, landing on the ground. Hanami stood, scowling, pissed that her weapon would be slightly akward, now that it was a few inches shorter.

Kenshin turned to her, "This sword slays anything without mercy, except for human beings." Blinking rage and fury, Hanami drew her Katana and dashed forward, releasing her Koketsu. Kenshin quickly grabbed his sword, sheath and all, cutting off her attack. He grunted as she pushed against him, eye to eye, he watched as her eyes flared. "I will kill you Battousai."

"KENSHIN!!" Miss Kaoru cried, looking down upon them. Hanami smirked, evily and turned to Kaoru as the petrified girl ran down the bank. Yanking her sword from Kenshin's sheath, she turned to the unsuspecting girl, "You are why the battousai wont come back to me…You are his weakness, just as Tomoe was."

"No…Miss Kaoru!" Kenshin cried, the very thought of Miss Kaoru falling to the hands of someone enraged him. Kaoru stopped, unable to move as Hanami came after her. Using the adrenaline that pumped furiously through his veins, he rushed up, shoving Kaoru into Sanosuke's arms.

"Kenshin!" Kaoru cried again. Sano's arms tightened around her, "Don't be a fool!" Hanami smirked, watching Kenshin. His eyes had narrowed, he could feel it, the battousai bubbling with rage inside of him. I will not let him out, If I were to do that, I would not only be a threat to hanami, but a danger to Miss Kaoru and Sanosuke as well.

Hanami watched, a small smirk playing upon her lips. Kenshin looked down when he felt a warm liquid drip onto his hand. A small splash of crimson evened out between his fingers. First only one then more. His eyes widened as he brought his hand tentivly up to his scar, running his fingersdown it. Looking at his hand he gasped, the smear of blood. But how? His scar had stopped bleeding years ago.

He heardhanami's small chuckle as she stared down at the gore that covered his palm thickly, "Whats the matter Himura? Has the battousai finnaly made his demands? Come now, show me the one I used to love."

Slowly he brought his eyes up to hers, "I will not." He dropped his sword and brought his fingers back up to his cheek, "Tomoe…" He whispered, "For you…I will not kill…" Hanami gasped, falling back a step. The battousai…No…Kenshin, was helpless… His love held him back. Turning she grabbed her Koketsu and sprinted up the bank.

Sanosuke released Kaoru who immidiatly ran to Kenshin's aid, pressing the sleeve of her Kimono to the blood flow on his cheek. "Hanami!" Sanosuke called as she ran. "Kuso!" He kicked at the grass as she disappeared over the ridge.

Sanosuke sighed and walked over to Kenshin. "Kenshin are you ok?!" Kaoru fretted, dabbing at the scar that would never heal. I made a promise to you Tomoe…A promise I do not want to break…but…How do I win against her then? Kenshin shook his head and looked down, his eyes stinging, "I'm fine Miss Kaoru." He choked on his words.

Kaoru's eyes widened and she dabbed at the wound, "it will be ok Kenshin…" He pushed her hand away and stood, cradling his cheek in his hand, "Its no use Miss Kaoru, it will bleed for a while, that it will." He turned to the Fighter, who had been watching with glazed eyes, "Sanosuke…" Sanosuke brought his eyes up to Kenshin, somehow knowing what he was going to ask of him.

Sanosuke, can I count on you to calm her restless spirit? Kenshin thought, "Sanosuke…I know that you love her…Please…help her…" Help me…I know that I will not be able to hold my vow if you do not succeed… He thought, not noticing that sano had nodded, and was heading up the bank. He clenched his fists, jumping when he felt a hand on his shoulder, "Kaoru…" He turned and hugged her.

"It will be alright Kenshin…I know it will…" She whispered. He nodded and rested his pounding head on her shoulder, not caring that he was spilling his blood all over her Kimono, "That it will Miss Kaoru…"

A/N: Ok…Bad…I know….But hey…I've been working a lot! Give me a break! I'm tired…school is starting, bad family problems…The works. Anyways, I'll be trying to write more, but no guarountees. ~.~`