Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ When Amethyst Loved Amber ❯ 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin, only Hanami, and these ideas for the fic.

A/N: Megumi is showing up in this fic. She plays a very minor roll so SanoXMegumi fans don't kill me for this!!! *Gets down on knees*

Chapter 8

The very next morning Kenshin woke and did his morning chores, sitting off to the solitude for most of the day. His eyes were far off and expressionless, his hands lifeless in his lap, his hair had been blown array with the wind, and he made no attempt to fix it.

Kaoru stopped to look at him, allowing Yahiko to score a hit during their training session. "HEY UGLY!!" Kaoru looked up, just as the wooden sword came down. She grunted as the slight pain registered in her arm. Yahiko walked over, "You ok Ugly?" Kaoru nodded, "Hai I'm fine you little twerp, its Kenshin I'm worried about."

They both looked over. Kenshin had not seemed to notice anything that had been going on. His eyes remained glazed. Yahiko leaned in and whispered, "I think Sano may have damaged his brain." This earned him a whack over the head. They were about to engage in another fight, but the rustle of grass caught their attention.

Kenshin had stood, and was heading for a spot farther away, Those two… A look of annoyance flickered in his eyes. Coming to a stop, he plopped down beneath a shady tree, and looked up, watching the clouds float by. I cant believe it…How can Hanami be cozying up to someone like Sano? His eyes widened, I should be grateful…then why am I not? Is it because things still haven't settled between us? Kenshin sighed heavily, "Hanami…Will things ever be right?"

****

Sanosuke rose later in the after noon, to a foot kicking his side. "Wake up you lazy ass!" Hanami hissed, giving him a swift kick in the ribs. Sano rolled over and looked up, instantly his nose began to bleed. She scowled, "I need to get to the clinic you moron! Not only are you a Baka, you're a damned late sleeper too!" Sano stood, and Hanami gasped.

Sanosuke ruffled his hair, causing it to fall more as he scratched his head, "What's the matter?" Hanami's eyes widened at him, where was his bandana, he looked so incredibly young without it….it wasn't good…it made her realize just how much of a child he was. She shook her head, "Nothing, now lets go before I decided to murder you for pulling a stunt like that last night."

Sano blushed, he'd completely forgotten about that, "Uh, sure Hanami…Let me get changed and I'll be out." Hanami nodded, satisfied for once, and walked out the rice paper door, purposefully swaying her hips.

Sanosuke scowled and turned. She was upset about what he'd done…Right? Yet she was coming on to him… Maybe its just because she's a night club worker. Sano sighed and began to change.

Hanami waited impatiently for him, turning to the door and standing just a step outside, letting the wind comb through her hair. Why did Sanosuke kiss me last night? Was it just because I was…attractive? Or is it something more? She tilted her face to the clouds and sighed heavily, Oi, Battousai, could I possible loose my pride and make amends with you? Can I love again?

Sanosuke stopped walking as he spotted her, the wind had lifted up her bangs, allowing a nice view of her eyes. They shone amethyst in the glaring sun, and they seemed to have a question in them. Sanosuke did not want to risk startling the manslayer, so he waited until he was acknowledged.

Hanami smirked as she sensed Sanosuke's presence, the boy was considerably smart. She sighed, Sanosuke…

Sano watched as she reached out, her slender fingers encircling her Koketsu which stood by the door, and turning. Sanosuke sighed. Her eyes were hidden by her bangs once again and she scowled, "Are you ready now Sano…" Sanosuke gasped, had she just? He nodded, "Yeah, lets go see if we can get the Lady doctor to stitch that up"

She followed him down the street, staying close to his side. Scowling at the many strange looks she got from everyone. That's not what she wanted. She looked up at Sanosuke, who seemed to be annoyed as well.

Sanosuke curled his lip, wanting to kill all the men that looked at Hanami. His fist unconsciously clenched at his side. Thank god they'd be at the clinic soon…otherwise there might be a fight.

The rice paper doors of the clinic slid easily open, and a hushed silence fell over the waiting room as Hanami stepped in. The patients eyed her weapon wearily and shied away as she walked by. Some gasped as Sano followed. Dr. Gensai smiled at Sanosuke, "Well hello there young man, and who might this be?" He gave Hanami a friendly smile.

Sanosuke smirked, "Dr. Gensai, meet Hanami, this is the woman who wants to Kill Kenshin." "Oh my." Dr. Gensai's eyes widened. Sano chuckled, "Is Megumi around Doctor? We're kind of in need of some surgical hands." Dr. Gensai nodded, still slightly confused, and pointed down the hall.

Sanosuke nodded and walked down the hall, Hanami following close behind. She watched amused as Sanosuke slid open the door and greeted the female doctor, "Heya Fox!" Fox? Hanami thought. Megumi sighed, annoyed, "Hello Sanosuke, what is it this time?" Sanosuke smirked, "Meet Hanami."

Megumi looked up, and gasped, startled at the woman's outfit, which was far to revealing. Her eye twitched, it was just like Sanosuke to get women that looked like whores.

Sanosuke spoke up again since the two women wouldn't, "Megumi, this is the woman who wants to kill Kenshin."

Megumi's eyes landed on the Koketsu as Hanami set it down and kneeled across from Megumi. "Sanosuke, you do not have to tell the doctor everything about me…" Megumi noted a hit of annoyance in her voice. Hanami turned to the doctor, and looked up, her bangs sliding away.

Megumi met her Amethyst eyes and extended her hand politely, "Miss Hanami, what is the problem here?" Sanosuke blushed as Hanami began to pull her arm from the sleeve of her shirt, completely ignoring Megumi's kind handshake. Megumi withdrew her hand and glared at him, her eyes telling him to leave before she kicked him out, which he quickly obeyed, sliding the door shut.

Hanami pulled her arm free and held her shirt so it wouldn't fall, "I was wounded in a fight." Megumi chuckled, "A fight? You sound a lot like Sanosuke. He never stops fighting." Hanami smirked, "I noticed…" Megumi moved over and carefully unwrapped the bandages, "Oh! My, how come you didn't come sooner?" Hanami smirked, "If I had known where the clinic was, I would have come here when it happened, but, I've managed worse, a small cut from the battousai is no big deal."

Megumi's eyes widened as she grabbed the thread to sew the wound, "Kenshin gave that to you?" Hanami nodded, not at all surprised that she knew Kenshin as well. Megumi began to efficiently sew up the wound, a few seconds passing before she spoke again, "Why do you want to kill Kenshin?" Hanami hissed, glaring at the doctor and shifting so her bangs hid her eyes, "That is no concern of yours." Megumi nodded and bandaged the wound, noticing the scar on her arm.

Hanami scowled and pushed her arm back through her sleeve, seeming to read her thoughts she spoke, in a hallowed out tone, "Don't ask, don't say, everything lies in silence." Grabbing her Koketsu, she slid the door open and walked out, "Thank you for your kindness Doctor."

Sanosuke walked along side her in silence as they treaded down the dusty roads. Hanami clutched her Koketsu, until her knuckles turned white, Why is he so quiet? He's normally talking away.

Sano looked cautiously over at her and caught her looking at him. Their eyes locked for a moment, Hanami broke the silence, "Where are we going?" Sanosuke looked around, he had actually just been walking around so he could stay close to her for a while longer, "i…uh…" Hanami began to walk again.

Sanosuke looked after her, "Where are you going?" Hanami waved over her shoulder, "I'm going to see if The battousai is ready to come back to me yet." Sanosuke's eyes widened, Hanami….i don't want you to go back to him… He found himself reaching out and grabbing her arm, earning himself an angry glare, "Wait Hanami…you cant."

She scowled, "And why not?" Please say that you want me…Sano…Please tell me that you're the reason you don't want me to go…I don't know why, but I'm beginning to feel as though I cant kill Kenshin… Sanosuke frowned, "You think I want you to kill my friend?" You think I want you to leave me for him?

He wasn't sure what he did, but Hanami jerked her arm from him, turning just as her tears began to fall, "Forget it Sanosuke." She continued on, down the bank and sat next to the river, dropping her Koketsu and kneeling before the water.

Sanosuke watched her, confused, I thought she was going to Kill Kenshin? Should I leave her? He turned and began to walk, but something ebbed at him and he turned, walking down the bank.

Hanami gazed at her reflection and scowled, splashing the water. Angrily she grabbed her Koketsu and swung it around, barely missing Sanosuke that she had heard coming down. Sanosuke gulped as he watched a few pieces of his hair float innocently to the grass, "Hanami…?"

She clenched her teeth, gripping her weapon so hard it shook. Through her teeth he heard her hiss, "If I kill you…Than maybe it will be easier for me to kill the Battousai, I will have no more distractions…"

A/N Oh no!!! Is she going to Kill Sexy Sanosuke???? *Mock gasp* She cant do that!!! Well…actually she can. Wait and see in the next chapter ^.^