Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ When Amethyst Loved Amber ❯ 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin does not belong to me.

A/N I'm having Megumi mentioned in this fic….She plays a small roll in this.

Warnings: Sano and Megumi fans don't read, this is NOT and I repeat NOT a SanoXMegumi fic.

Chapter 7

Was it even remotely possible? Hanami I could make you forget all about the Battousai…

Hanami took her leave from the stage, the song dwindling down as soft as it had came. Sanosuke watched her disappear into the darkness. His mind was lost in a daydream, and certainly the crimson across the bridge of his nose gave him away wholly.

A nudge to his right arm brought him back, just in time to catch the drool that was threatening to drip from the corner of his mouth. Toma-su smiled widely and handed him another drink, "What did I tell you? That American woman is the best! Everyone comes here now to see her act."

Sanosuke nodded, his head swimming away with thoughts of Hanami. I wonder where she went? He stood suddenly, and walked over to the bar, asking for directions to the dressing room and threatening eternal damnation if he didn't get an answer.

The tenderess that had approached with a come-on style, slowly sank into fear when she met Sano's frustrated glare. "Sir…I cant let you go into the dressing room-" Sanosuke's brow furrowed deeper, "Listen here little girl, I asked you a question, this is what you are supposed to do; Give me an answer." She watched as Sano's hands fisted on the countertop, her small frame shaking, "alright…" She pointed over to a curtained entrance just past the bar. Sanosuke smiled as politely as he could, walking towards where she had directed him, knowing very well that now she was calling security and he would have to move fast.

He spotted Hanami just as she disappeared behind a door. He rushed up and made himself known by pushing the door open. Hanami caught the sleeve of her top just before it fell to expose more of her skin than needed and turned, "Zanza!" Her eyes widened, "What are you doing back here you idiot! You could-" Before she could finish her sentence, two very large men walked in and grabbed Sanosuke, each holding an arm.

One man smiled at the attractive female, "Was this ruffian bothering you M'am?" Hanami thought for a moment, I could have his ass kicked out of here…He has no right here… She looked at Sano, who stood in the grip of the two men calmly, and looked at Hanami for an answer, his eyes telling her that if she didn't do something…he would. She sighed, "He's a friend, I told him to come here. Please leave, I'll have him gone in a moment." Her eyes narrowed seductively at the two men and Sano suddenly wanted to hit her.

They released Sanosuke and smiled, "Yes M'am." They backed out. Sanosuke smirked at her, "You sure do have them dogs on a leash." Hanami's look of seduction changed to an annoyed on, "Why are you here Zanza?" Sano smirked, "My name is Sanosuke." A big hand came to rest on her shoulder, big mistake. Hanami winced and gasped. He pulled away, "Sorry, forgot you hurt yourself."

Hanami held her shoulder and glared at him, "I did not hurt myself." Sano nodded and ignored her, "How bad is it? You know I could always take you to-" "I'm fine!" Hanami spat, "What concern is it of yours?" Sanosuke scowled, "I make it my concern if I want to."

Hanami seized the luscious opportunity and smirked, "And why exactly would I come into your concern, hmmm?" Sanosuke blushed and shook off the urge to strangle her for being so damn alluring, "Because I said so, now let me see your arm."

Hanami's look was of daggers, "I could let you see my Koketsu, just before I slice open your neck." Sanosuke laughed mockingly, "Very funny, your defenseless now. I suggest you let me take a look and I'll-"

His sentence was cut off with a cool blade pressed against his lips. He stared at the edge of her Koketsu and began to sweat, Good job Sano, look what you got yourself into this time! He hadn't even seen her move. Her voice rasped in his ear, "Estimate the time it would take me to eliminate you…"

He breathed a sigh of relief when she lowered the blade and propped it back up against the wall. "Why are you here Zanza?" Sanosuke smirked, "I come to bars quite often." "I should have known." Hanami replied rolling her eyes.

Sano leaned against the wall, "How come you didn't tell me that you worked here as an entertainer?" Hanami turned to face him, sitting on the small table behind her, "You never asked where I worked." Sanosuke blushed again, "I just didn't think that you would be the one to-" "Please men." Hanami finished narrowing her eyes, "I have all my life, I figured that I would bring my ribbon dance here and work part time while I hunted down the Battousai."

She watched as the young fighter winced at Battousai's name. He met her amethyst eyes and chuckled, "I don't think that you should be trying to Kill Kenshin, its not going to mend anything. Your past will always be there, and so will the dull ach in your heart." Hanami clenched her fists, "You have no idea what your talking about…You probably don't even know what its like to love someone like that!"

Sanosuke made a displeased sound, "I know what it feels like to love someone and lose them…" Her cackle was spine tingling, "You have never loved like I love the battousai." Sanosuke stepped boldly up and shook his fist, "That's just it! You love the battousai not Kenshin!"

"You don't understand…" her voice trailed off and Sanosuke walked over to her, seizing the opportunity and peeling the shoulder of her outfit down to reveal a poorly bandaged wound. He sighed disgusted and looked into her eyes, "You are done working right?" She nodded, fighting off more tears. "Ok then, we can argue later, come with me, I'll get that wound bandaged good and we'll pay a visit to Megumi in the morning."

He stood as she did, and watched as she grabbed her Koketsu and a bag. The hilt of her katana exposed. She seemed at a loss for words he noted as she quietly followed him.

They walked down the dusty roads, until approaching a small house. Sanosuke grinned sheepishly, "Its nothing like the dojo but it keeps the rain out." Hanami peered through her bangs. It really wasn't all that bad. They walked up the pathway and into his house. Hanami stopped and dropped her bag, leaning her Koketsu against a nearby wall.

The silence was awkward so Hanami decided to break it with a rude comment, "Since I can kick your ass without the aid of a weapon, I'll leave this here." Sanosuke went to speak but she pointed her finger at him, suddenly close, her amethyst eyes flaring a deep blue, "If you even so much as think about touching my Koketsu, I can guarantee a painful death will be in store."

Sano gulped and held up his hands in defense, "Hey, easy now. Lets just concentrate on your shoulder, ne?" Hanami sighed, "Fine." She muttered something after that, but Sano didn't catch it, and he was glad that he didn't. He really didn't feel like arguing with her. "I'll be right back."

He ran to where he kept his excess bandaging, for those little wounds he got while fighting, those who actually managed to land a punch on him. His mind was in a frenzy as he grabbed the white cloth. What are you going to do now Sano? There's a beautiful woman standing out there… He sighed, There is a dangerous manslayer standing out there, and not to mention one who loves another… His grunt of annoyance shocked him, as he started back to her.

Hanami waited, looking around the room. An uneasy aura settled around her. She shouldn't be here…not with him…not alone to say the least. He's too good looking…who knows what might happen. I don't trust him… I don't want him to do the same thing that Kenshin did to me… Her eyes widened with a sudden realization…I don't want to get hurt again… Suddenly she knew…she knew why she had shut the door on love… Suddenly she knew why it hurt so much…

"Lets see…" Sanosuke came walking back in, "I should be able to do it with this." He smiled and walked over, Her eyes met his, there was a change, as though he too were thinking along her same lines. She shuddered inwardly at the thought, it just wasn't right.

Sano blushed as she pulled her arm from the tight outfit and used her hand to steady the fabric, so it wouldn't slide down her…her…Sano gulped. Her eyes narrowed up at him, "Stop gawking and just do what you wanted to do." Sano nodded, You have no idea what I really want to do to you.

He cut the wrappings from her shoulder and cleansed the wound, admiring at how, not one time, had she winced, or cringed in pain. He tightly bound her shoulder with the wrappings, watching as a small line of blood seeped through, "We'll defiantly have to get that fixed tomorrow."

Hanami nodded in agreement, "Had I known where the clinic was, I would have taken myself there before I left to go to the tavern." Sano nodded and stood, "You'll know tomorrow, but for now, that's the best I can do. It's the 'fighter for hire' cheap bandaging business." He joked as he left to put the wrappings away.

He came back, shrugging his jacket off and tossing it to the floor, "I suppose I should get you a futon and a place to sleep." "I could stay right here." He shook his head and grabbed her bags, wincing as he expected her to hit him for messing with her stuff. Much to his surprise, she calmly stood. He cleared his throat, "There's a spare room just down the hall."

Hanami followed him, watching his muscles flex in the dim lights. A small wave of arousal seeped through her, tickling her long forgotten senses. He slid open the rice paper door and set her stuff down. Moving over to a small storage area, he pulled out a spare futon and spread it on the floor, sneezing as the dust clouded up into his face. Hanami watched silently, amused, as she watched him work.

Sanosuke blushed suddenly when he felt her eyes on him, and stood. He watched as she pulled the ribbon holding her hair in the loops, and as her hair fell down to her knees, relieved to have returned to its natural state. She shifted so her eyes were hidden again, "I thank you for the hospitality Zanza."

Sano moved over to her and placed a finger under her chin, turning her to look up at him. Her startled amethyst eyes widened as he brushed her bangs away with a careless flick of his forefinger. Her mind registered the shock and deposited it to every limb in her body as his lips brushed softly over hers.

He backed away and walked out, smirking as he caught a glimpse of her shock. Pausing at the rice paper door he looked at her again, "By the way, my name is Sanosuke."

A/N: Wow! Seventh chapter already!!!! * pats herself on the head* I'm so proud. Soooooooooo……..lets see, what will Hanami do to that Ruffian for kissing her? What is Kenshin up to and how is he handling the fact that Sano understands his Former lover better than he? Stay Tuned!! ^-^