Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ When Will It Be My Turn To Love ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY:

Rurouni Kenshin does not belong to me, I just borrow them. But I Love them a lot.

So PLS dun sue me… I am a 17 yr old poor student

AUTHORS NOTES: [FIRST!!! *bows deeply* GOMEN NASAI!! I have created another story out... i just can't help it!! Hai~~ As u all have read in the summary: Kaoru is an orphan who has a little mental illness but thanks to Kenshin she's getting better, in the recovering stage. Kaoru was abandon by her mother and in the orphanage wasn't one of the best days she had. One day she snapped and ended up with mental illness.]

[Warning: I don't really have a good command of English… So forgive me for my grammatical mistakes.]

When Will It Be My Turn To Love

The sunlight streamed into my room through the tinted windows. I rubbed my eyes as I stretched like a feline. I stood up and went to the bathroom.

Oh... and my apologies... I haven't introduced myself.

My name is... Kaoru. Just Kaoru. No last name. Only Kaoru. Why? I'm an orphan who knows nothing much about her past. Well... it wasn't like this since born... I didn't know when did it start... but... but I know that I was being abandon by my mother. I still remembered her cinnamon beautiful eyes. Her oval pretty face. Her strong accent. Osaka's accent? Or was it Kyoto? I can't remember.

I was of course found as I waited... waited... and waited for mama. I told myself... I convinced myself. Mama will come for Kaoru-chan... she will. I believe so. But... she didn't. I waited for two days... 48 hours... I cried silently in one of the toilet cubicle that mama put me in, not wanting anyone to know that I was weak. I wasn't! And I will prove it! But how was the question... But I have started to hate someone or something.

When I was found, all I could ever said was 'mama'. Later on, they sent me to the orphanage. I was much smaller at that time. Smaller that average. Well... we had financial problem and I couldn't much eat any nutritive food. The best I ever had was... a chicken drumstick. The worst I had was mud. But all I ever wanted most was her mother.

I suddenly stopped the harsh movement of my toothbrush, as I tasted blood. I bared my teeth in front of the mirror and saw seeps of blood coming through my teeth. I quickly rinse my mouth with water and clean my face. I checked my teeth again. Heaved a sigh of relieve. The bleeding had stop. A silvery chain caught my attention. It was the only thing that my mama left for me. Behind the silver has my name 'Kaoru' in kanji engraved on it. It was my treasure. I exited the bathroom and sat on the bed after I watered the baby cactus at the side of the window.

It was my treasure too.

Like me, no body likes it. Ugly on the outside... but I believe that the baby cactus is beautiful on the inside. One says that when the cactus blooms a flower, the one who saw it would have one of her wishes come true. But that only happens in a century... once in a blue moon. And not only that the flower withered at the right after in touch with sunlight. Myths or legend? I don't really know. I quietly stared at the plant like I always do. The clock on the wall hit 8 o'clock.

As if on cue, the nurse who was in charge of me opened the door. Bestowed me with a smile and pushed in my tray of breakfast. I smiled at her appreciatively. If I did not remember wrongly, the nurse's name is Makimachi Misao.

"Arigatou, Misao-san" I insisted on the honorific, but obviously, Misao didn't much like it. She was after all, younger than me by one year.

"Kaoru-san. How many times must I remind you about the honorific?" Misao said sternly towards me. How about calling me Kaoru and not Kaoru-san? I asked her silently. But I just kept smiling towards her. She gave an audible sigh but brightened up as she gestured towards the tray.

"Kaoru-san! You wouldn't believe it... I got all your favorite food!" Misao chirped cutely as she opened the metal lid to reveal a steamy cloud before I saw breakfast in front of me. What I saw in front was a cup of orange juice, one chocolate bun, a bowl of mushroom soup and a few milk cookies. She was right. I love them. Simple? Yes they are... but what I like isn't how simple they look but how delicious they are. I thanked Misao again as I sipped on my orange juice. It wasn't as sour as I expected.

"You added a teaspoon of sugar." I reported to Misao as I looked at my drink. I can hear Misao laughing sheepishly.

"Caught red-handed madam!" Misao saluted me like a soldier to a major. But I wasn't a Major... I was some lunatic held in a mental institution. Why was she treating me so nice? Maybe it was because she was new here. I smiled a little and resume to drink my orange juice.

"You don't know what you are doing Misao-san..." I whispered softly as I stared at the small pulp pf the orange floating about the surface. That made me smiled a little, knowing that this drink had to be made of fresh orange. Misao had gone through the trouble of getting fresh orange juice when she could have given me a packet one. Suddenly, the room was silent. I felt a hand touch my shoulder lightly.

"I am doing my job Kaoru-san. And we... Aoshi sensei and me are here to help you. Even Takani sensei and that Sanosuke are. A new volunteer is coming next week." Misao persuaded her encouragingly. Hoping that I was going to open towards her. She was doing her job she said... so it didn't really mean that she really like me right? Right?

Maybe she even despise me... I flinched unconsciously when I thought of that. Yeah... who would like to work for a lunatic? Forget about working with. I put down my drink and ate the milk biscuits. I found out that the hand on my shoulder had disappeared, and another weight was set on my bed. I didn't look up. It was better this way. To be alone.

"Kaoru-san... why don't you open up to me... don't bottle up your feelings... you know what happened th-"

I had enough. I didn't like my past I stood in a fluid movement and knocked onto the orange juice accidentally. But it wasn't on purpose... it wasn't.

"Kaoru-san..." I kept my head low, allowing my raven locks to block my blue eyes. The blue eyes that were the only window to my soul. But I have built a strong defense upon it. So they could be emotionless... cold. I had too... so that everyone would stop coming close to me... to protect myself.

"Are you hurt?" Misao quickly lead me to the other side of the room and sat me down on a wooden chair. I looked up at her to find her concern face.

"Gomen nasai..." I apologized softly. She was going to ask for a transfer to another patient. Well... most of them always do. It was just going to happen all again.

Who would want to be with someone like me?

"Don't move to that area now. I'll call Sanosuke to help me." Misao ran out of the room calling for Sanosuke. I stood up and walk towards the shattered glass. The glass could never be mend back together right...

It was in a state like me... I am a broken person... and I cannot be mend.

I slowly picked the sharp pieces and gathered it in my hand. I winced slightly, as one of the sharper ones made blood seep out of my ivory skin.

Pain and blood, the evidence that you are alive and you can feel.

If that was the case... I don't want to feel... I don't want to be alive....

Tbc?

~**<>**~

=Glossary=

Arigatou - Thank you

Sensei - Either doctor or teacher... for this ficcy it would mean doctor

Gomen Nasai - Sorry

::Authors note::

Minna-sama!! *hugs reviewers/readers* this is a little present for ALL of ya.. ^^ my exams are going to finish soon~ and i'm working on 'Anata no Tame ni' I haven't forget about it yet!! AND I PROMISE I'LL UPDATE SOON!!

As you have seen... this ficcy is on Kaoru's POV (point of view). I wanted to write this a long time ago... but i was afraid i would screw the whole thing up!! DID I?? do tell me ne!! This is just a short prologue so only Kaoru and her thoughts with our little genki Misao.

The next chappie would be longer i promise. And when will it be updated you ask? Hmm... do I update this along with Battle For Love? Or i should update every ficcies in one go... i think that would be a bit tough huh. But I think that would be two groups where i work with.

One group is anata no tame ni, lay all your love on me, kimi wo sagashiteta

Another group is battle for love, when will it be my turn to love

Yeah... but since Kimi wo sagashiteta is finishing soon, i might be making a sequel on it or I would just replace it with a new story after it.

Anywaes!! Do tell me how is this ficcy!! And whether you would one this to go on!! ^__^ SOOO!!! Please write a little comment on this ficcy through review or emails... both would be greatly appreciated!! ^__^ *twirls and bow* ARIGATOU!!

R&R ne!! THANKS!