Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Code Lyoko Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Code: Moon ❯ I Don't Dance ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

That evening, everyone headed back to the park, dressed up for the dance.

"Just stay by us, Rini, and don't go running off." Amy told her.

"I won't." Rini said.

As soon as they got there, it was totally crowded. "Whoa, there are so many people here." Serena said.

"You should be used to it by now." Raye said.

"Hey, don't you two start fighting again." Lita said.

"Yeah, you're setting a bad example for Rini." Yumi pointed out.

"Thanks, Yumi."

Aelita noticed that Jeremy wasn't with the others. "Has anyone seen Jeremy?" She asked.

"He was with us a minute ago." Yumi said.

"Maybe he had to use the bathroom." Odd said.

"I'm sure he'll be back soon, Aelita." Darien reassured her. "Serena, would you care to dance?"

"Sure." As the music started, she accidentally stepped on his foot. "Oh, sorry! I'm not a very good dancer."

"Just follow my lead and remember what Amara taught you."

"May I have this dance?" Ulrick asked Yumi.

"It would be my honor." Yumi said. Aelita tried calling Jeremy's mobile, but she got no answer.

"Guys, I'm going to look for Jeremy. He's not answering his mobile." She told the others. "I'll be back soon."

"I wonder what that was about?" Amy said.

"Amy, you're the smartest of us girls." Lita said. "You should be able to know."

Aelita found Jeremy sitting outside the park's entrance. "Jeremy, we were looking for you. Everyone is wondering where you disappeared to."

"Well, you found me." Jeremy said.

"Why aren't you at the dance with the others?" Aelita asked.

"Aelita, can you please not tell the rest of them?"

"Tell the rest of them what?"

"That I can't dance."

"Excuse me." Aelita said. She was trying not to laugh. "You can't dance? Jeremy, not everyone can dance."

"I know, I'm so lame." Jeremy said.

"No, your not." Aelita said. "I can't dance either. Well, I can, but not very well. Yumi tried to teach me once, but I tripped over my feet and landed on top of her."

"Did you make that up just to make me feel better?"

"No, it's the truth." Aelita sighed. "I'm only good at making music, but I can't dance to it. But still, we decided to come here to spend more time with our friends."

"I suppose we should get back." He noticed Aelita was looking up at the sky. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Jeremy." Aelita said. She smiled. "We could sign up for dance lessons at the school."

"True."

"The only real reason I came to the dance was so that I could spend some time with you."

"I know."

"It's okay if you can't dance, Jeremy. We all like you just the way you are." Aelita was blushing.

"I'm glad to hear that, Aelita."

"Good, cause for a second I thought you were skipping out because of me." Aelita told him.

"I'd never do that." Jeremy pointed out. "I could never forget about you."

Aelita turned so that she was facing Jeremy. Then she leaned in and kissed him.

"We'd better head back before they send a search party after us." Jeremy said.

"Yeah, I don't want them to think I disappeared too."

"I wonder where Aelita is. She's been gone a long time." Mina said.

"Yeah, do you think she's still looking for Jeremy?" Raye asked.

"I wish we had some idea as to where they were." Serena told them.

"Hey, Aelita!" Rini waved. Everyone turned to see Aelita and Jeremy.

"She found Jeremy." Odd said.

"Hey, guys." Aelita said.

"We're glad to see you made it back."

"Is everything okay?" Yumi asked.

"Yeah, everything's cool."

"Hi, Raye." A guy showed up.

"Chad? I thought you were spending the night at the temple." Raye said.

"I didn't want you to get lonely out here, but now I see you have such a big group." Chad noticed everyone.

"Actually, that girl dressed in black is Mina's penpal and those other four are her friends." Raye explained. "That little girl is Serena's sister, Rini."

"It's nice to meet everyone. I'm Chad, and I work at Raye's temple."

"Nice to meet you to." Yumi said.

"Aelita, I'm glad you were able to find Jeremy." Rini said. "We were starting to think you disappeared, too."

"It's okay, Rini." Aelita said. "I've been through situations that have been a lot worse."

"I can tell." Rini said. She turned to Serena.

"I think we should be getting back soon." Amy said. "We don't want Rini out past her curfew and we'll all get in trouble if our parents or guardians discover we're out really late."

"I'll walk you home, Raye." Chad offered.

"Thanks, Chad."

"Hey, Serena." Darien said. "Want me to take you and Rini home?"

"Sure, I want to make sure that Rini gets home okay." Serena said.

"So do I, but I don't feel like carrying her the whole way back." Serena looked and noticed that Rini was sleeping.

"Well, let's get our future princess home."

"Okay, Team Lyoko, let's head over to my place." Mina said