Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow of the Absent Moon ❯ Magic of Cephiro/Sailor Moon Uncovered ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: All characters, places and quotes of Magic Knight Rayearth are copyright CLAMP, Kodansha, Dentsu, YTV, TMS-K & Anime Works. All Sailor Moon references and characters belong to Naoko Takeuchi, TOEI, Kodansha & Pioneer.

Shadow of the Absent Moon
- Magic of Cephiro/Sailor Moon Uncovered -

The stay-back-when-monsters-showed-up-rule applied more often than Usagi cared to think about. When, the first monster appeared, Usagi had been too shocked to do anything. That monster was nothing like the youma she was used to dealing with. There was no purpose, except maybe stopping the hunger. It was more animal than the human-like youma.

The girls had sliced it into julienne strips with their magically appearing swords, before Usagi managed to stop glaring. Where the swords had come from, was something Usagi put on her mental "Remember to Ask After I Find Mamoru List."

Fourteen monsters and four hours later, Mamoru was still gone.

"Mamo-chan!"

"Shh, you'll attract the monsters."

"This isn't working. Mamo-chan! Mamo!"

"Hikaru-san. I think you will want to know that there is a very large monster approaching," Fuu said pointing at Usagi and Hikaru.

Usagi looked over her shoulder. The monster easily made the "Biggest Monsters She'd Ever Seen List."

"There's no way, I'm letting that thing get in close!" Hikaru stepped aside, raised her arm and shouted, "Flame Arrow!" A fireball appeared in her hand. She flung it at the creature.

Usagi's jaw dropped. That was almost like Fire Soul.

"Water Dragon!" Umi shouted.

The monster chomped up the fireball and the water.

"Aaaah," Umi shrieked, "Gross!"

They tried again.

"Ruby Lightning!"

"Sapphire Whirlwind!"

"Emerald Typhoon!"

Each attack knocked the creature back by a step, but it kept coming.

No time to worry about secret identities in a nightmare world with Mamoru in trouble. "Moon Crystal Power! Make Up!"

Sailor Moon grabbed her tiara. "Moon Tiara Action!" The tiara flew through the gap between the monster and the them and hit the monster dead in the chest. It screamed.

The scream shook the earth, causing the mini mountains around them to crumble.

"Winds of Protection!" Fuu's wind shield deflected the falling rocks.

Through the falling rocks, Sailor Moon saw the monster was down but not dead. "Moon Princess Halation!" The Halation blasted the monster into fragments. "Moon dusted!" Sailor Moon smiled, until she felt the eyes on her. She shrugged. "Hey, you get cool attacks, why can't I? And stop staring, it's annoying."

"You're..." said Umi.

"...Sailor..." continued Fuu.

"...Moon?" finished Hikaru.

Sailor Moon nodded. "Sailor Moon, but you can call me Usagi. Trust me I have a hundred questions for you, but I have to find Mamoru, so let's put off the Q & A until we find him."