Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cold ❯ Cold ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sailor Ra: I don't own a thing except for the plot.
Hotaru: 16 years old
Seto: 18 years old
 
 
Cold
 
Hotaru looked at Seto as he typed on his computer. Hotaru looked at Seto has he worked on his duel disk and ways to beat Yugi Moto.
“Seto, you need a break,” Hotaru said kindly as she Seto didn't even look up at her.
“No thanks.”
“Why?”
“Because.”
“Seto do you even know what today is?” Hotaru asked as tears filled her eyes.
“Wednesday.”
“What so special about today?”
“Hmm, nothing that I know of…”
“…What…?” Hotaru turned her head and ran out the room with tears in her eyes.
“Hotaru?!” Seto yelled as Hotaru stopped dead in her tracks as she wrapped her arms around her self. Her turtle neck didn't seem to keep her warm enough in this cold weather.
“Wow, you remembered my name,” Hotaru said not looking at him.
“What is it? What makes this day so special?”
“We, kissed,” Seto paled. He forgot about it.
“So?” Seto said coldly.
“So? Is that all you can say? So?!”
“So what? We kissed!”
“Damn it Kaiba, now that I think about it, it was the last time you showed me affection!” Hotaru ran out the door and into her car.
“What?” Seto walked back into his room and slammed the door shut and closed his eyes as he thought about the last year.
 
Looking back at me
I see I never really got it right
I never stopped to think of you
 
Hotaru turned on the radio to hear Crossfades song `Cold.' She held her breath as she heard the lyrics.
She knew that there relationship wasn't going so great, but she prayed that the cold hearted CEO would change. Let her love him. Care for him and see his emotions. But now she highly doubted that she would ever see his heart.
 
I was always wrapped up in things
I can not win
You are the antidote that gets me by
Strong like a drug that gets me high
 
Seto remembered the last months and realized he hadn't been with Hotaru very much.
He knew that he was screwing up a lot, but he tried to change, but it crashed back at him. He had tried to let her in, but no things seem so lost and gone.
Seto opened his eyes and looked out the huge window and watched her drive away. Seto could practically feel her tears on his own as she drove away.
`Things seem so screwed up now. So many things have changed between us since that day we met. Bad and good. Why are you leaving?' Seto asked.
 
What I really meant to say
Is that I'm sorry for the way I am
I never meant to be so cold
Never meant to be so cold
What I really meant to say
Is that I'm sorry for the way I am
 
Flash Back
 
“Hotaru, I think…I love you…”Seto whispered into her ear as he held her body close to his.
“I think I love you too, but…”
“What wrong?”
“I love you,” Hotaru whispered then kissed him on his lips.
 
End of flash back
 
“Why? Why didn't I listen to them? I knew they were right, but then I really thought that he loved me, cared for me, but now I see.” Hotaru said as she drove up to her apartment.
Hotaru walked up to see Haruka with an annoyed look on her face.
“What's wrong firefly?”
“It's nothing,” Hotaru lied as Haruka looked at her. Haruka shook her head as Hotaru went inside.
 
I never meant to be so cold
I never really wanted you to see the screwed up
Side of me
That I keep locked inside of me
So deep
 
 
“Hotaru, I never wanted you to enter because I didn't want to hurt you, but I guess it still happened.” Seto said as he walked out of his office to think some more.
Seto always kept himself hidden from her. He always kept that part of him locked up, but sometimes it would escape when he didn't know it and he would hurt her. It's like he slowly killed her love for him until she didn't have any love to give left.
 
 
It always seems to get to me
I never really wanted you to go
So many things you should have known
I guess for me there's just no hope
 
“So that's it? Everything we shared…we care for…our love…gone?” Seto said as he walked in the snow in the park. He looked up at the old tree that stood in the middle of the park. “That's all…? The pain? That's it? Everything that happened is going to be dust?” Seto asked again as a cold when responded to him. “The love…kisses…we shared are gone? Everything is gone? But how? Did this really happen? Is…there any hope? For me or…you? I don't even feel the pain yet, but…I feel cold. Cold.”
 
I never meant to be so cold…