Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Sands ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Princess Serenity, Queen Serenity or any of the sailor scouts. They all belong to Naoko Takeuchi. I also do not own Pharaoh Atem and company, they belong to their respective creator as well.
Princess Serenity walked through the palace gardens of the Moon Kingdom. It was her sixteenth birthday, and as usual for special occasions, her mother Queen Serenity was holding a huge ball at the palace to celebrate. The princess however, after making her required appearance, quickly snuck away to the gardens. Her reason for going to the gardens wasn't the usual expected reason of going to smell the flowers. No, her reason was very special for it was in the gardens that the young princess got the best view of the planet Earth. The Lunar princess was very curious about Earth for she had never been as it had been forbidden for the Lunarians to go to Earth. Every night, she gazed at the wondrous blue planet wanting to go and explore.
“Happy birthday Princess Serenity.” The senshi of time, Sailor Pluto, walked up behind the princess.
“Thank you Pluto.” She looked over her shoulder at the older woman before looking back at Earth once more with a wishful sigh.
Sailor Pluto looked at the young princess with a soft smile. “I know what you're wishing and because it's your birthday, your mother and I have agreed to let you go. Now...”
The older woman was cut off by the happy squeals of the princess. “Really? Thank you! Thank you!” She hugged her friend tight. “Whatever did you do Puu to get Mother to agree?”
Sailor Pluto smiled, mentally deciding not to tell the excited girl that it was the Queen who had done the convincing. She then slipped a small chain necklace around the princess' neck. “This necklace has the key you need to transport between here and Earth.”
Serenity looked down at the chain, touching the key gently before looking back up at Pluto. “Thank you again.” She said as she grinned. She couldn't wait to leave for Earth. “Finally I'll get to see Earth's beauty up close and all the people.”
Seeing the eagerness in the Princess' eyes, Pluto took this moment to speak up. “Now you must promise to transport back home as soon as things look bad. Your safety is still a priority Serenity.” She then held out a silver cloak to her. “Wear this cloak. You can't be sure what conditions you'll find once you get there.”
Princess Serenity nodded, taking the cloak and putting it on before grasping the key. “I promise to return as soon as things look the worst.” With one of her legendary `light up a room' smiles, Serenity pulled the hood up just as the key activated. In a flash of light, she was gone from the moon.
Pharaoh Atem stood just outside of his throne room. He looked into the night sky and sighed softly. He wondered what it was like outside of the palace. He looked at the stares and smiled slightly. They seemed to shimmer by themselves that evening.
Suddenly he felt something fall onto him, causing him to crash into the ground. “Ouch that hurt....What in the name of Ra fell on top of me?!?!” He sat up, rubbing his head and looked at what had fallen on him. It was a young woman, with long blond hair, who currently seemed to be unconscious. He had no idea how she'd gotten there.
He stood up, staring at the lovely woman on the ground. He wondered what he could do with her. “Guard!” A few moments later a guard came rushing over to him. He pointed at the young woman. “Take her inside to the room next to mine. Do not wake her and do not allow anyone but myself in the room.”
As the guard did as Atem instructed, the Pharaoh turned back to look at the sky, wondering where the woman came from and just who was she. He had yet to get a really good look at her for any identifying symbols that might give away her origins.
For now, he would keep her safe, at least until he knew more about her. Partly because that would be his duty as Pharaoh, partly because he doubted he'd be able to get her out of his mind.