Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Sands ❯ Official Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

As the night was still young when Atem left the throne room, he decided to check on his unknown guest. The guard from earlier was posted outside the door. “Has she awoken yet?” He asked of the guard.
“I'm afraid I do not know my Pharaoh. If she has, she has remained quiet.” The guard replied slightly apologetically, obviously feeling guilty for not thinking to check on the woman as well as fearful of the Pharaoh's wrath.
Normally the Pharaoh would have immediately passed judgement for failure to do such a thing, however, he knew it was unfair. After all, the guard was following his orders and not once did Atem give an order for the guard to check for when she awoke. In fact, if he thought about it, Atem realized the guard would have disobeyed his order not to let anyone in the room but himself if the guard had checked on her.
Inwardly Atem groaned. Since when did he think out about whether or not his decision to punish a servant was unfair. What was this woman doing to him to cause such a change in him already and he didn't even know her name? Instead of commenting aloud, he nodded to the guard before stepping inside the room. Closing the door behind him, he turned towards the bed and his eyes widened in shock.
Not only was the young woman awake, but she had obviously removed her cloak, revealing beautiful golden locks in a pool surrounding her as she sat in the bed. Her light blue eyes held curiosity but also a slight tinge of fear as she looked back at him. Atem was in absolute awe at the young woman who clearly was around his age even though her eyes also seemed to hold a wisdom beyond her years along with a simple innocence.
“Hello there.” He greeted, giving her as soft and reassuring a smile as was possible for someone who was normally feared by all. He slowly walked closer to the bed. “I am Pharaoh Atem, ruler of this land.” As he stopped a short distance from the bed, his stance held that royal air to it. “May I ask who you are?”
The young woman nodded, having relaxed some after seeing the reassurance in his smile. “Princess Serenity of the Moon Kingdom.” She bowed in respect the best she could from her spot on the bed. “A pleasure to meet you Pharaoh.” The crescent moon mark of her lineage clearly visible now. “May I ask what this land is?”
“Of course Princess.” He bowed to her in return. Of course he had heard of the legendary royal family of the moon. Every ruler on Earth had heard of them, especially since the Earth had attempted to join the Silver Alliance. He also knew of the power the Silver Alliance held and knew that to ally with them would bring considerable amount of protection, not that Egypt really needed it under his rule but it never could hurt. “You are in the land of Egypt and this is my palace. This room is next to my own. Do not hesitate to ask anything of me.”
“Thank you for your hospitality. I hope you won't mind but I'll probably be asking many questions about Egypt seeing as this is my first time to Earth.” She unconsciously fingered the key around her neck as she thought of those she left back at home.
Atem noticed the simple gesture and decided to use that as a conversation point. “What brings you to Earth, Princess?” He would have understood if she didn't want to tell him because it wasn't really his business but if she was due somewhere else, he sure didn't want her to be in the wrong place. No matter how attracted he was to her. And he was very attracted to her for good reason. She was beautiful and any man would be lucky to have her.
“A birthday present from my mother.” She smiled at the thought and noted to herself to thank her mother whenever she returned to the moon. “Today's my birthday and she finally decided to let me visit Earth by help of this key around my neck.” She beamed with pride as she showed off the key.
“Well then happy birthday Princess.” He smiled, a bit more warmly than before. “I apologize that you had to spend so much of it stuck in this one room. I'll take you on a tour of the palace in the morning to make up for it.”
“That would be pleasant.” She yawned, covering her mouth. “Excuse me Pharaoh, but I do believe I must get some sleep.” She settled down into the bed, getting more comfortable
“Of course Princess. The guard outside your door will direct you to my room should you need me. I'll send someone to tend to you in the morning. Good night.” With another smile, he headed out the room. He then nodded to the guard outside the room who bowed in return. “I want someone posted here at all times until further notice. If she requests, she is to pointed to my rooms.”
The guard nodded. “Yes Pharaoh.”
Atem then walked down the hall to his own room where he knew already he would be too busy thinking of the Moon Princess to sleep.