Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Death and Rebirth ❯ Death and Rebirth 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Death and Rebirth

Chapter twenty-one:

Hokkaido:

A month had passed since the fall of 'Dark Feather' tower. For the first two weeks, Karasu no shi searched the compound ruins for any vestige of Poe, but aside a few scrolls, documents and talismans, there was absolutely no trace of the warlock. So Carlos decided to put all of his attention towards Hotaru. Their love for each other increased day by day, and all their friends were glad for them. Haruka, she didn't quite accept this but had learnt to tolerate it, the important thing was that her Hime-chan was happy. As for the sand-blonde's own relationship with her daughter, she had apologized for being so angry and blaming her unfairly, Hotaru apologized herself for being so cold, but she still wouldn't call her Haruka-papa.

Anyway, the whole group (except the cats and avian twins, who prefer warmer climates) was taking a weekend trip up in the mountains, and they were having a great time with all sorts of activities: skiing, skating, snowball fights and monster hunting.

"Come on pinche Frosty! Is that the best you can do?" Karasu taunted while in the middle of a giant leap. An ape-like creature made entirely of snow was desperately trying to hit the warrior with ice spears, but it was much too slow, and the dark-eyed teen as having a ball evading them. "Missed me! Close! No cigar! Ho-hum!" he finally came to a halt on top of a mound, "Look, I'll give you a fair chance and sit still a while." Enraged, the beast gathered the snow around it and grew up to twenty feet tall; towering above his opponent, it threw dozens of spears at him. The impacts raised a lot of snow, hiding everything, once it settled, Karasu was standing on the ice. "You couldn't even hit your grandma's big fat ass." He'd finally managed to make the monster charge at him, and just as it was about to crush him.

"Silence Glaive surprise!"

The explosion disintegrated the beast, leaving only a floating blue sphere; Karasu drew out Seventh Sin and leapt forward, slashing it in half. He landed on the snow and Kashaku on his shoulder.

"Admirable teamwork warrior, you and Lady Saturn took care of those demons in much less time that I expected."

"Hey, don't count yourself out. We wouldn't have found these monkeys if it wasn't for your help."

"And we would've wrapped this up in even less time if Karasu hadn't been clowning around so much," Saturn called from atop the encrusted ice, "You really are enjoying yourself, ne?"

"Well kinda, it's not like the fights I used to have with Chris and Blaze," he answered as he sheathed his katana, "these things were a lot smarter." Giggling, the silent senshi hopped down to meet him.

"Lady Saturn don't!" the bird's warning came out to late, yelping, she sunk into the snow. The boy rushed over and pulled out his gasping love.

"Didn't it occur to you that the snow wouldn't be as firm after the blast?"

"Just shut up and help me." He did so, and helped get the snow off as well.

"I'll to where the others are expecting us then, don't you two take too much time."

"We won't," the dark-haired boy replied as his guardian took off. He kept wiping off snow, not quite paying attention of where his hand was; he noticed suddenly when he brushed her hip. She looked at him in surprise and he stepped back in embarrassment. "Umm, perdón!" Saturn merely gave a forgiving gaze from behind a blushing visage, she finished sprucing up by herself. "Are you sure that you don't feel cold in that thing?"

"Ie, our magic shield protects us from extreme temperatures, so I'm okay," she then sneezed and shivered a bit, "Okay, maybe my little dive left me with a chill." The undead teen chuckled and came up from behind, covering her with an embrace. "Karasu!" Saturn exclaimed as her face flushed.

"There's no one here to bother us, and it's been a while since I've enjoyed the pleasure of just holding you." The amethyst-eyed senshi smiled sweetly and turned so she could hug him back.

"I think I just figured out why your body gives warmth despite your condition, it's your heart which grants it."

"Maybe, but don't forget that you are the reason for that." They smiled at each other and shared a small kiss. The young couple stood there for a while, enjoying the silence and closeness. "We better head back to the others, they don't know about our little hunting trip and might get the wrong idea."

"Hai, they must be at that place by now." They gave each other one last little squeeze and headed back to their friends.

*****

The senshi and friends were staying at a chalet lent to them by Rei's dad. She'd been trying to get in touch with him for a while now and finally arranged it so they could meet here, a phone call was changing that plan though.

"But isn't there another way, or a chance that…(sigh) Very well, sayonara." The raven-haired girl hung up with a pout, Ami was in the same room and chose that moment to finally approach.

"I assume he'll be too busy to come after all."

"He's too busy to give the bad news himself, I was talking to his secretary," she took a deep breath and dropped on the couch, "I guess I'll see him at my birthday, like always. Oh, why do I even bother?" The azure-haired girl sat down and held her hand.

"Because you want to love your father. I'm sure he appreciates your trying to mend the fences, give it time, everything will work out in the end."

"Easier said than done, but you're right Ami-chan, I'm not giving up." Reiko ran into the room at just that moment.

"Hurry down to the gym you two, you can't miss this!"

The chalet's previous owner had been a gymnast, and she left a few things behind. Among those: a climbing rope, some weights, a treadmill and a balance beam; Setsuna, Reiko, Rei and Ami were watching their newest friend perform an impeccable routine. It had taken a bit of work and a lot of luck, but Carlos' sister, Carmen, was also with them.

Through e-mails, Minako had learned the aftermath of their adventure in Mexico. Carmen confessed her drug use and her uncle had acted severe but fairly. The school wasn't as lenient though, and had her expelled. Chief Espinoza wasn't going to pull any strings, so the spiky-haired girl was going to have plenty of free time until her reputation was clear, or surpassed by a bigger idiot. When Minako had found out all this, she asked Setsuna to arrange it so that the Mexican girl could come for a visit, knowing that having his sister nearby would do Carlos a world of good. The chief was reluctant, but finally accepted, he'd met Hotaru and knew his niece would be well taken care of.

As was mentioned before, Carmen was now leaping, flipping, spinning and dancing on a very narrow surface, giving her audience an awesome spectacle. After a few minutes, she made a triple back flip and landed perfectly, obtaining a well-deserved ovation.

"I can't believe you're able to pull it off with just one leg!" Reiko commented in a praising tone.

"I'm only missing half my leg," the dark-haired girl replied in Japanese, she was a very quick learner, "I know of a guy who can play football with none at all. So why can't I be a gymnast?"

"You're right, there's no reason not to be," Ami said, "But you know Carmen-chan, that new prosthesis we got you can be used for such activities as well."

"It gets in the way actually," the emerald-eyed girl commented as she put it on, "But it is a lot more comfortable than the one I had previously, I don't start limping every half an hour or so," she ran her hand over the crease, "and you can hardly tell it's there."

"And that's going to be a very good where we're going," Rei said, "Come on, the others must be waiting for us."

"I'll go up and change then," the emerald-eyed girl said as she left the room, "I'll be ready in no time."

*****

One of the last things most people would think about doing during wintertime is visiting the coast. But someone thought it would be a very fun idea and built an indoor beach. Everyone thought she was crazy, but Reiko insisted that place just had to be visited. Carlos and Hotaru met Carmen and the others at the entrance.

"Hey there bro, sis!" the emerald-eyed girl greeted, "Where have you two been at?"

"Oh, just doing some monkey-business in the snow," her brother answered. The pale girl shook her head and everyone else looked at them puzzled.

"You'll explain later," the azure-haired girl said, "Now, let's go in, I'm dying for a swim." As they walked down the corridor, Hotaru came up to her friend.

"Reiko-san, tell the truth. Why did you insist so much on us coming here?"

"Duh, what better excuse so that you can show Carlos-kun some skin?"

"(sigh) You're impossible."

Usagi, Mamoru, Makoto, Shigeru, Minako, Haruka and Michiru were already at the place. The inners played volleyball with the guys, Michiru was swimming and Haruka was lying on a fold-out chair, reading an automobile magazine. The racer decided to give the tomboy image a rest and dress in scarce clothing: a tank-top and shorts. She looked up and saw her ocean princess approaching.

"Enjoy your swim?"

"Ie," the aqua-haired woman said with a bored tone, "I should have known it wouldn't compare to the real thing." She sat down besides her love. "Do you ever worry about Hime-chan's relationship with Carlos-kun?"

"Hai, I still say she could've done better."

"Seriously now, I'm afraid of how Hotaru-chan might take it when he leaves her."

"Leaves her?" the racer sat up, "I don't have a high opinion of Navarro, but I don't think he'd do such a thing."

"He can't do anything about it. Kashaku told me that a crow can only stay until his mission is accomplished, afterwards, nothing can stop a warrior's return to the netherworld."

"And Hime-chan will be left heartbroken when it happens," Haruka realized. She rested her head on her linked hands and thought for a while. "Well, I'll tell you this, that gaijin is stubborn, never listens, gives a damn about the rules and always does whatever he wants."

"Haruka, can't you mention at least one positive thing about him?"

"I am, don't you see? He won't care what a god or spirit will say, he stands for what he believes in and never yields. He's not going to leave Hime-chan's side, not without putting up one hell of a fight. And I'm not afraid to say it: I admire that about him," the sand-blonde laid back and stretched, "But don't you dare tell him this."

"Tell what to whom?" Carmen asked as she and the rest showed up.

"Just a little talk we're having," Michiru quickly answered, "Ohayo, minna-san."

"Hola, Señorita Kaioh. Well now! I see Don Tenoh's trying out a new look."

"Mock me all you want, Navarro, I knew what I was getting myself into with you here."

"Hey, I'm not going to say anything. Just tell me one thing: Doesn't it hurt to be holding them down so tightly?"

"Nani?"

"Oh, you mean you're not using anything?" Haruka remained silent for a minute with a sour expression. Everyone else, except Michiru and the Mexican siblings, used that time to get away quickly.

"Get the hell off my face." Carlos complied and walked away laughing. Carmen knelt next to the sand-blonde.

"In my opinion, you deserved that. I mean, caramba, acting like a guy with things that size? What a waste."

"Carmen-chan, if you keep that attitude up, I won't be very fond of you either. Go play with Usagi-tachi." The ocean and wind princesses were left alone.

"You know, Haruka, Carlos-kun must hold you in high esteem as well. Otherwise he wouldn't be teasing you so much."

"Like with Usagi and Rei-chan's quarreling? Yeah right."

"Fine, you don't have to believe me. But I have to agree with Carmen-chan," the violinist glanced at Haruka's body, "it is a waste to hide those." The sand-blonde tried not to but burst out laughing in the end. She held and kissed her girlfriend.

Everyone had a terrific time that day doing all sorts of things. Carlos had tried to convince Kashaku into sneaking inside, but the bird said that he preferred wide spaces when it came to flying. Besides, Reiko was there, and they didn't want her to get suspicious. Carmen felt sorry for the crow being out there in the cold. At first, she felt creeped out by him, especially after hearing his voice in her head. But the emerald-eyed girl quickly grew fond of him. Through the glass and steel ceiling, the first stars could be seen. The dark-haired boy looked upon Hotaru from the shore. The violet-haired girl was playing among the artificial waves with Makoto, Usagi and Minako. He wanted to join them, but couldn't get the nerve to go into the water. After spending a year submerged in it, who could blame him?

"A penny for your thoughts." He looked up and saw his sister sitting down beside him. "They should give the guy who designed this a medal, it all looks so real."

"I know, the sand could've used a little work though, it's no good for building castles."

"Ah sí, that's your favorite beach activity. Remember when we built a really large one? It covered nearly half the beach." She waited for a response but got none. Carmen followed her brother's line and sight and noticed how he was looking at his girlfriend. Hotaru wore a two-piece, night-sky blue bathing suit. A modest one but Carlos thought that she looked gorgeous. "Hey bro!"

"Qué!?"

"Wow, you really are stuck on her. By the looks of things, I'm guessing it was love at first sight."

"Actually, she had to slap me in the face so I could realize what I had." He took a deep breath. "But you're stalling, I can hear it in your voice. What do you want to tell me?"

"Oh, it's not that important," the spiky-haired girl leaned back and glanced at the scar on Carlos' back, "Did I mention I was gone for a few minutes and the paramedics had to bring me back? Looks like the Navarro siblings have a new thing in common."

"I spoke with Kashaku about that once, it's not the same."

"I know it isn't." She took a very deep breath to increase her courage. "It's not morbid curiosity, Carlos, I just have to know. What is it like?"

"Well, it's actually a positive experience. The minute your life is about to end you realize, the suffering is over and nothing more will hurt you. You realize you're leaving an awful world behind and heading for a better one."

"If it's better, why come back at all?"

"Because it's not right. People hurting each other like that, someone has to out a stop to them."

"." They sat there silently for a while. "Mamá y Papá, did you get a chance to see them, to say goodbye one last time?"

"No." Carmen rested her head upon his shoulder and started weeping.

"I miss them, Carlos."

"Me too Carmela, me too."

"Warrior!"

"Qué?" Trough crow-vision, the undead teen saw three people in gray overcoats and fedoras breaking into to the service entrance. "Those guys are up to no good," he murmured as he got up, "I have to do something. Tell the others that I'll return shortly." He hurried out before Carmen could reply.

Down in the basement, the weird trio came to a stop by the wave machine, there they took out several demolition tools. They were about to start their dirty work when Sailor Mars, Uranus and Karasu no shi showed up. The maiden had sensed something wrong and accompanied her friend.

"Okay, one false move and you're all dead meat," the warrior menaced. The three men turned, allowing the light to reveal their gaunt faces covered with rotting flesh. "All right, move and you're something else."

"Chikuso! What are these things?" the fire senshi exclaimed in disgust.

"Corpses," Uranus answered matter-of-factly. She charged with her Star sword and cleaved them in half. "Ami-chan should be able to figure out the details later."

"But why were they doing this?" the undead warrior wondered, "According to Kashaku, creating these guys takes a lot of effort, too much to be wasted on sabotage." Suddenly, they heard awful shrieking coming from above. "Chingada, we fell for the decoys!!"

Zombies appeared out of nowhere, causing a panic. Thanks to the fact that they were away from the crowd, Sailor Moon, Venus, Jupiter and Saturn were able to henshin and get into action, the rest were forced outside by the exodus.

"What or who the hell sent these things?" Sailor Moon asked as she blasted one with her Power tier.

"I don't know and I don't care," the thunder senshi answered, "I just know they ruined a perfect holiday for Andre-chan and I. Supreme thunder!" They kept blasting and slicing up zombies until Karasu and the rest showed up, he ran up to Saturn right away.

"Are you okay? Where's Carmela?"

"She's fine," the silent senshi answered, "I put her and the people who fainted inside a Silence wall." She looked around, no more zombies were standing but a lot of people were also down. "You go outside and help the others, I'll stay and heal these people."

"Right," Uranus replied, "take care."

Just as they were about to reach the exit, the senshi were nearly trampled by everyone trying to get in again, there were more monsters outside than in! The zombies were creating panic all over the city.

"Unbelievable," Mercury managed to say just above a whisper, "How did these things get here without us noticing it?"

"Don't you watch the movies?" Venus asked jokingly, "These guys always show up in crowds and unseen." She smashed several zombies with her chain.

"What's important is to find a place for all the people to hide," Pluto said, "but there doesn't seem to be a place not overrun by these creatures."

"What about a church? It's cliché but it might work."

"Carmela? What are you doing here?" The dark-haired girl was standing in the snow with nothing but a coat over her suit, she was too scared to mind the cold though.

"Never mind that! I saw a large one over there, it's the only chance we have against those things!"

"Okay, let me check first." He looked in the direction his sister was signaling and saw several zombies in the way, but luckily, no humans. "Stand clear. Ebon shears!" The path was clear now, gross looking, but clear.

"I'll take the people there," Mars offered, "My belief may be different but it's faith what counts."

"I'm going with you," Shigeru seconded, "Karasu, you have an extra gun I could borrow?"

"," he handed it to the mousy-haired man, "are you sure that you know how to-" Shigeru spun and fired, a few yards away, three zombies were about to pounce upon two girls but were each hit right in the head. "Whoa! Where did you learn to shoot like that?"

"I practice every now and then, marksmanship runs in the family business." The Mexican kids and fire senshi stared at him awkwardly. "The police force!"

"Uh, yeah! My thoughts exactly." They split up and each group took care of business.

Fortunately, the zombies were quite weak and stupid, the only strength they possessed was large numbers and they were rapidly diminishing. Karasu used his guns and katana to dispatch a group that was terrifying a bunch of teenagers.

"Okay, head for the church that's nearby, you'll be safe there." None of them responded. "What's wrong?" He got closer and noticed that he couldn't feel their presences. Alarmed, he checked for vital signs, they were breathing and their pulse was firm, but they were empty, only the body was there. "Kashaku!" he called, "Get over here, you have to take a look at this!" The bird dove and analyzed the situation.

"This is impossible! Only a very powerful necromancer could make an undead soldier who can do this."

"Do what? What happened to these people?" Karasu demanded.

"I'll explain in due time," Kashaku said as he opened his wings, "Get these people out of the cold and finish off the threat. Caw!"

At the church, all the people had been gathered in the center of the hall. Shigeru and Reiko were out searching for more survivors while Mars placed seals all over the walls. The fire senshi glimpsed behind her, Carmen was walking up to her with a cigarette in her mouth.

"I thought you quit smoking."

"I'm quitting, as in, not done yet." She took one more drag. "You know? I've become curious about Reiko. You've known her for a year and she still hasn't figured out who you guys are."

"We have a lot of friends besides her, who ignore our heroic identities as well." The raven-haired senshi scratched her chin. "But now that you mention it, that girl puzzles me somewhat. I can't put my finger on it, but I sense that there's more to her than meets the eye."

", Usagi was telling me about it the other day, but she doesn't feel threatening at all, quite the contrary." They suddenly heard shrieking from outside. "That's Reiko!"

"You stay here, I'll go!" The fire senshi ran outside and saw Reiko and a now unarmed Shigeru bringing in two separate groups, there were also two children making their own way towards safety ground. They were the ones who had shrieked, because each of them had a zombie upon them. Mars was facing a very serious problem, the groups were too separate and there was too little time, she could only make one choice and she did so. "Fire soul!" The zombie that was about to get the children was incinerated, two screams kept her from feeling victorious though. The longhaired senshi turned and saw with horror how a zombie held Shigeru's face, the man dropped after a second.

"ANDRE-CHAN!!" Enraged, Sailor Jupiter appeared suddenly, charged and beheaded the creature with an electrically charged kick, then she knelt next to her fiancée. "Ie, not you too Andre-chan, please."

"A lot of people are in the same condition," Mars noted, "Gomen nasai, Jupiter."

"If you had let the children end up like this, I would've kicked off your head!" the brunette realized something, "Chikuso! We forgot about Reiko-chan!" The two senshi sprinted towards the third group but found no zombie there.

"It just blew up," a man said, "It was almost on top of me and poof!"

"I see," the thunder senshi said, "Everyone carry the unconscious ones into the church and stay there until we say so."

A few minutes later, the heroes were all reunited outside the building. The structure was quite large and had a basement, so a lot of people were able to fit in.

"The zombies are gone Kashaku," Karasu spoke, "I believe now you can tell us what they did to those people."

"I'll have to state the fact coldly," the crow began, "Their soul pearls have been taken away from them."

"Nani? You mean that bead you were carrying when we met at the Time gate?" Pluto asked.

"Now that you mention it," Tuxedo Kamen commented, "I did notice something small flying out of each person the zombies touched."

"The same, and doing such a thing requires a lot of power."

"But if their souls are gone," Jupiter's voice was flooded with fear, "what will happen to them?"

"Well as long as they receive the proper attention, their bodies shall remain alive. But eventually yes, they will all perish unless flesh and spirit are rejoined." Jupiter couldn't help but shudder at the thought.

"Okay, first thing's first," Mercury announced as she pulled out her computer, "We get these people into the hospital and put them into intensive care."

"Then we find out where their souls are," Uranus seconded, "Say Kabuki, aren't you supposed to feel where they are?"

"I did realize that fact when Kashaku mentioned it," the undead warrior replied sourly, "I deduce that whoever sent the zombies is hiding the pearls and is going to reveal them when he wants us to find him."

"How do you figure out that?" Tuxedo Kamen asked. Karasu answered by merely signaling upwards. "Nani!?" The senshi all looked up and were shocked to see a multicolored path in the night sky, all the stolen souls were floating towards the mountains.

"Whoever this guy is," Sailor Moon said, "he's starting to scare me."

"And we have no choice but to meet that creep," Jupiter noted, "Well I'm not leaving Andre-chan, at least one of us should stay with these people anyway-Nani?" There was greater surprise when the stream took the shape of a kanji, 'all'.

"We should take the sensible choice and pay heed to that," Neptune gulped, "I don't want to think what will happen if we don't."

Sailor Saturn checked her Silence Glaive, Uranus the Star Sword and Karasu did the same with Seventh Sin; Sailor Moon and Neptune readied the Power tier and Aqua Mirror. It was more than obvious that they were going to face one of their toughest battles yet.

*****

The trek was difficult but uneventful, it took and hour but Karasu and the senshi reached a tall and steep cliff. Looking up, they saw the stream heading towards the summit.

"Chingada! It's too high to leap and it'll take us hours if we climb."

"Not necessarily," Mercury said as she stepped forward, "Shabon spray." Instead of spreading, the bubbles came together and formed a cloud, and it was already floating upwards. "Hurry before it gets too high!"

"Umm, no offense Mercury, but are you sure this thing will hold us?" Karasu asked when they had all climbed up.

"Not to worry," Pluto answered, "We've done this before, Mercury's bubbles can support a ton. And Saturn, please try to learn something besides swearing in Spanish."

Eventually, they came up to an ominous looking cavern.

"Kashaku-san, you think you'll be able to stand being in there?" the silent senshi wondered.

"I really have no choice, Lady Saturn, I have the feeling that the necromancer requests my presence as well."

"Yeah, whatever," Karasu complained as he strode inside, "let's just chop that guys head off, heal those people and get this crap over with."

"Just try not to get carried away," the Earth prince reminded him sternly as they entered the cave, "Notice the icicles, we were brought to this place so we won't be able to use our powers, doing so will cause a cave-in." A crystal-like sound confirmed his theory.

"Only if we get into a fight," Venus noted, "look at this, we're already deep into the cave and nothing has happened." As if on cue, a whole platoon of the rotting undead appeared around them. "Oh good, for a minute there I thought we wouldn't manage our cliché of the day."

The number of zombies wasn't that great, but the conditions made this fight a lot more difficult. Only Karasu, Tuxedo Kamen and the outer senshi, except Neptune, were able to fight properly; the rest were forced to rely on their feet, using punches meant the risk of getting too close and lose their own soul pearls. The very thought of becoming a sort of living corpse is certainly terrifying.

"Karasu, are you okay over there?" Saturn yelled from the top of her lungs.

"I'm fine sweetie, watch your back!" The pale senshi froze after stabbing a zombie in the chest.

"Did he just call me sweetie?" Then she saw something that brought her back to ugly reality, "Pluto, behind you!"

"Nani?" the ruby-eyed senshi spun and saw a hooded opponent charging towards her, she swung her staff but he vaulted over her head, Karasu was the target. The dark-eyed teen had his katana kicked away from his hand and traded a few punches before they were clenching hands trying to overpower each other.

"Let me guess, you're the guy who's been sending the pus-faces," Karasu growled, he obtained no response. He noticed that he couldn't sense his opponent's presence either, that mean he was also an undead. But he had a much stronger build, and certainly didn't carry the stench of rotting flesh. "I say we've got our man! How are you guys doing?"

"Almost done!" Uranus shouted, "Only four to go and they can hardly stay on the feet." The wind senshi's boastful grin vanished when one of the zombies took a beeping device out of its ragged clothing. "Eto, Mercury, any idea what that is?" The azure-haired senshi looked through her visor and blanched.

"Saturn, would you please raise the Silence wall while the rest of us gather? NOW!" Karasu tossed his adversary away and joined the huddle in the nick of time.

The bomb was small but the explosion was enormous. There wasn't a cave in at all, the summit literally became a giant crater! Sailor Pluto opened her eyes and was astonished at the sight before her.

"Kashaku-san, are you okay?" she was holding the bird tightly against her chest.

"I'm grateful to be able to see the sky again." He looked up and saw that hooded individual standing on a boulder some distance from them, seemingly untouched.

"I've had enough," the Moon princess growled, she stepped up boldly, "You terrified a peaceful haven and stole the essence from innocents. Unmask yourself before the Sailor senshi deliver their punishment!" Still silent, the man pulled of the black hood.

"CAW!! I don't believe it!" Kashaku exclaimed. But it was true, Venus and Saturn also recognized him. There were a few changes but was him, Paul. His skin was sheet white now and there were black marks on his face. A wide horizontal streak at eye level and crosses over his lips.

"He's become a crow!" Mars shouted, "But how, who did this?"

"We know already," Karasu grumbled. He stepped away from the group, stopped a few feet away and roared. "We know it's you! Show yourself already so I can pull your damned entrails out!"

"Darn, I was hoping to keep the mystery going just a little longer," a calm and sarcastic voice replied. Approaching footsteps were heard, a tall, dark, longhaired figure came into view. Karasu looked at him and their dead eyes locked.

"Poe, I should have known you wouldn't give immortality up so easily."

"It was the quest of a lifetime. You may leave now Paul," He gestured and the ebon-skinned martyr was teleported away.

"You madman! Do you have any idea what consequences this travesty of yours will bring?" the guardian shouted as his feathers ruffled.

"The only consequence that matters to me, is increasing my power. But tell me, how are all of you doing? Did my staff treat you well?"

"Your staff?" Sailor Moon asked appalled, "You mean the ones who worked in your tower?"

"Indeed, the very ones whose demise was caused by your interference." The Moon princess clenched her teeth at that comment. "Pluto, that zombie you blasted back there, she was my secretary, who had been so courteous. Such ingratitude does not become you!"

"Quit toying with us Poe!" the time senshi spat, "Just what are you planning?"

"Why did you do that to Paul-san?" Venus asked furiously, "He had already repented from his crimes. He didn't deserve to be turned into that!"

"I needed a subject to experiment on first," the warlock responded, "I'm not stupid enough to try a new spell on myself without a test."

"I knew it," Karasu growled, "So show us the results already! Prove to me that you are stupid enough to think that you can cheat death!"

"Glad to." He extended his arm and a large black bird dove out of nowhere and perched on it, his skin became white and black marks appeared on his face, a line over his lips and a whirlpool over his left eye, "Allen Poe is gone, now meet, Raven." Instead of astonishment, the senshi just gave him bored stares.

"You changed your name from Allen Poe to Raven?" Mars asked in an incredulous tone.

"I know, I know, it's unoriginal. But one can't excel in everything, can he?"

"Is there a purpose to all this?" Uranus asked, visibly annoyed, "Because I'm actually starting to feel empathy towards the kabuki."

"I was about to let you know of my plan," the undead villain said as his guardian moved to his shoulder, "The drones and zombies, I'll let them loose on the world, causing terror everywhere, destroying everything on sight. Next step is to wait a few years, by then humanity should be reduced to a mere shadow of itself." He paused a moment to revel in their looks of dread. "Once I consider enough time has passed, when every man, woman and child feels forsaken, I'll step in and 'eradicate' the plague. The people will be so grateful and amazed by my power, that I will not only be considered as their savior," his voice got darker, "but as their god."

"I'd say the transformation warped your mind," Karasu replied as he gripped Seventh Sin tightly, "if I didn't know you were already insane. Do you really think we'll let you do such a thing!?"

"Of course I don't, I know I have to get you out of the way." He threw three dark orbs, they exploded at the warrior's feet, "I can destroy you right here and now, but perhaps we may negotiate."

"Join you!?" Neptune shouted, "You're completely out of your mind!!"

"I'm not offering a position, I'm offering the gift of a real life. You could live again Carlos Navarro, I have the power to do so. You could live a long healthy life alongside your beloved Hotaru. And the same goes to all of you; I take your powers and memories, and let you live the rest of your natural lives in peace. I can wait a few decades to put my plan in action." Wordlessly, the future king of Crystal Tokyo stepped in front of the group.

"Do you really have to hear our answer?" Raven stared straight at him.

"I guess not."

"Very well then!" fast as lighting, Tuxedo Kamen threw a rose.

"SQUACK!" Raven spun and saw his guardian on the ground, dead, with the flower thrust in its chest. He then started to lurch and clench his chest with a look of extreme pain.

"Good aim Don Máscaras," Karasu complimented as he sprinted away.

"Ditto Don Cuervo." The undead teen charged and gave Raven an earth-chattering right hook, followed by jabs, kicks and slicing his chest open with his katana.

"Carlos!" Saturn called worriedly. She stepped forward but was held back, she turned and saw Jupiter shaking her head. This was too personal a fight.

Karasu no shi kept delivering punishment with all the strength he had, he fought with so much intensity he was actually tiring himself out. So he finally grabbed the necromancer by the neck and slammed him into the ground. The villain tried to get up but the undead warrior thrust his knee into his chest, causing him to cough up blood.

"I'll see you in a minute Raven," Karasu said as he took hold of Seventh Sin with both hands, "Because I'm personally delivering you to Satan!!" He was about to stab his nemesis right between the eyes when the blade was caught with a bare hand. "Qué!?" The boy looked into those eyes and for the first time in a very long while, Karasu felt fear.

"Did you really think it was going to be that easy?"