Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Death and Rebirth ❯ Death and Rebirth 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Death and Rebirth

Chapter twenty-two:

Karasu no shi tried to pull Seventh Sin away, but Raven held it with an iron grip. Finally, the warlock yanked the weapon from his hands and tossed it away. Then, he lifted the boy by the neck and punched him in the face a few times before throwing him away. Saturn and Kashaku rushed to his side once he hit the ground.

"Karasu, are you all right?" The silent senshi glared at Raven with glowing eyes.

"How can you do this?" the crow demanded, "A warrior cannot possibly survive without his guardian."

"For Pete's sake, give me some credit," Raven mocked, "Didn't it occur to you that after so many years of study, I would know about a crow's weakness and figure out how to neutralize it? You know, for a millennia old being, you are quite an ignorant bird." Kashaku narrowed his eyes at that comment.

"Poe," still in pain, Karasu got on his feet and stepped away from the pale girl, "or Raven if you please, you think that fact scares me? All you did was become a little harder to kill." The undead warrior took a firm stance and raised his arms, "Ebon shears!" A virtual hurricane of dark blades flew out of his fingers, impacting his foe. The shears that flew by his side, which were plenty, turned the ice and stone into sand! When the attack ceased, Karasu was beaming with confidence, but it quickly became shock at what he saw. Raven stood there unharmed, not even a tear in his clothes.

"If I were you I'd call that 'little black twigs'." With a cruel smile, the villain aimed his finger towards his immobilized adversary, and fired a black beam. It hit Karasu's chest, throwing him back several feet, and if that's not enough, Kashaku, who had remained perched on his ward's shoulder, was also dragged along. It had all happened so fast that Saturn could not react. Jupiter managed to catch them, but the force was so great that she received a damaging blow.

"Mars flame sniper!" The arrow was caught and turned into embers, but she expected that already.

"How did you get so much power?" Saturn shouted, her rage increasing, "How can a bastard like you-" her eyes went wide in realization, "Ara, you couldn't have."

"Clever girl, Karasu obtains power by absorbing emotions, whereas I, carry the source within." The Moon princess' eyes went wide in fear. "That's right, the souls that were stolen, are all here," he said while tapping his chest. Filled with uncertainty, the senshi of death and rebirth twisted her hands around her glaive, then she felt the rest of the outers gather around her.

"Power does not mean invulnerability," Pluto said calmly, "You can't resist every attack." She held the Garnet Orb forward; grinning, Saturn readied the Silence Glaive. Neptune and Uranus gathered their own power.

"Grand tempest!"

"True cannon!"

Raven saw the senshi's energies heading towards him. "True, I can't stand against that." Never losing his cool, the undead warlock moved his hands in a wide arch.

"Nani? YEEARGH!!" Raven had manipulated the attacks and caused them to strike the outer senshi instead.

"Why resist when I can control?" the villain boasted, "Huh?" He saw Sailor Moon step forward with the Power Tier at the ready. Now he felt nervous, the power of the ginzuishou was a factor he completely ignored, the chances of him being destroyed by the Moon princess were more than high.

"Silver moon crystal power-KYAA!" A laser beam bore through her arm!

"Usako!" Tuxedo Kamen caught his wife and looked up to find the source of that shot. He saw Kara, fully equipped in a brand new armor.

"Sorry babies, the bad guys brought their own team."

"You good for nothing bitch!" Mars was about to use her fire soul but stopped herself. The mocha-skinned villainess sneered, she knew that no one would dare strike her. "That coward," the fire senshi growled, "How can she hide behind her unborn child?" Mercury, who was standing beside her, agreed sourly, but then she saw more immediate danger.

"Attention Mars!"

"Nani? Kuso!" Both senshi put up their defense just in time, they managed to stand firm against the tackle, their attacker, Chris.

"Don't tire yourself ladies, cause I'm planning to have some fun later on."

Sailor Venus had seen the cyborg approach, she would have warned her friends, but she now had her hands full with Paul. Apparently, Raven had all of his servants standing by.

"Come on Paul-san! Did you forget what you learned?" The black martyr could not respond, he was completely under the tyrant's control. He forced the blonde to back away slowly, fake crow or not, his strength and skills had now been increased.

Amidst the heat of battle, Tuxedo Kamen and Jupiter were trying to keep Sailor Moon, the outers and Karasu as safe as they could, the thunder senshi held Kashaku tightly among her arms, he was the most vulnerable one. The princess' arm was completely useless, but the rest were already recovering.

"Kashaku-kun, you better get out of here," the tall brunette suggested, "Whatever that creep did, I doubt Karasu can do it."

"Right, I'll head back to Miss Carmen," the crow opened his wings, "Good luck to you all. Caw!"

Kashaku flew up and away as fast as he could, hoping not to draw Kara's attention. But he didn't get that far, "SQUAWK!" he met beak to face with Hawkins. The mad doctor was fluttering right in front of the bird. Most of his features were still human, but the eyes, scrawny extra arms and wings made him look hideous.

"Do try not to resist, an untouched specimen is so much easier to study." The bird had been surprised, but he was by no means stunned. Narrowing his eyes, he shot himself forward, drilling his beak into the beast-man's eye! And while his would-be tormentor shrieked in pain, Kashaku escaped with all the speed he could muster. "You little beast!" Hawkins was about to give chase but was stopped by a violet wave. Looking down, he saw Sailor Saturn with her eyes glowing furiously.

"Get down here you traitorous bastard! Or else I'm bringing you down!" Hawkins pondered for a moment.

Trying to run would mean giving the silent senshi an easy target, the best choice would be to engage her in a fight. It was going to be difficult, but Saturn was in a weakened condition, and the mad doctor was much better in battle than one might expect. He made a dive attack at top speed.

"Silence wall!" The mutant-drone impacted and fell, but got up to his feet again. Saturn charged, swinging her glaive, but it was caught by four hands. So began another battle.

Back to Karasu, Tuxedo Kamen and Jupiter, they were getting ready to take on Raven, who was waiting for them.

"I'll be all right Mamo-chan," Sailor Moon assured, "free the ones that demon is holding captive."

"Right, I love you Usako." He kissed her before standing up. "Are you two ready?" he asked his companions.

"I don't like ganging up on someone," Jupiter confessed, "but this monster deserves it. Karasu, are you up for it?"

"I don't wanna scare you," the undead teen replied with a tired voice, "but I used up all I had on the Ebon shears," he took a deep breath, "But I still have something to dish out. LET'S GO!"

The dark clad ones charged first, taking hold of Raven's arms, Jupiter came up and punched the fiend right in his midsection with all the strength she had.

"Give me back my Andre-chan!" she growled.

"I'm afraid you must be more specific, you see, to me, one soul is just like any other." The thunder senshi's fury arose, Raven used that to throw his opponents away with a kinetic blast. "Take notice that so far, I've been acting defensively. Imagine if I took an offensive approach."

"I've got a better idea. Why don't you try to imagine what will happen when I get really pissed off?" Karasu retorted as he threw a kick. Actually, he knew that getting even angrier was going to be difficult.

Venus tried to hold up against Paul as long as she could, but tired out eventually. He was about to finish her when he received a flying kick from Neptune.

"Better take this opportunity," the aqua-haired senshi said as she summoned her mirror. She was going to raise it but Venus held her arm down.

"Matte! You can't destroy him, he's being controlled!" Furious, Neptune shoved her friend away.

"Do you think he wants to stay that way?" The ocean senshi got ready again. "Gomen nasai, Paul-san. Submarine-" Her talisman was shot out of her hand. "Nani!?" Both senshi looked up and saw Kara.

"If you think I'm going to let you off my friend, you're a bigger bimbo than I thought." Neptune noticed a peculiar tone of sentiment in her voice, one that actually indicated irate concern. The senshi had no time to think about this, because Paul was up and fighting again.

"Venus, you think we'll be able to stop this guy?"

"I think Mars may be able to handle him." The blonde glimpsed over her shoulder, "But I'm afraid she's too busy right now."

Mercury and Mars were having no luck fighting Chris. The cyborg had turned his fingers into titanium whips, blunt ones, he wasn't going to kill any of the girls, at least not until he'd had some fun with them. The parts of their bodies he was aiming for, plus the comments he made, were getting Mars quite upset. The water senshi was doing a better job keeping her cool, truth be told, she was on the verge of anger herself.

"Is that the best you can do, you hentai excuse for a mecha?" the raven-haired senshi asked furiously.

"Oh, I could do a lot more. Of course, if you act like good little girls and do as I say, the experience might not be so unpleasant-Huh!?"

"Hyah!" Uranus had sneaked up and tackled Chris from behind. She had him pinned with all of her might. "Your sniper Mars, use it n-KYAA!" Electricity ran throughout her body. As fast as he could, the black-haired cyborg wrapped the senshi with the whips from one hand.

"If my data is correct," Chris commented, "you are the tomboy of the senshi." He got up and dangled the semiconscious ash-blonde in front of himself. "I've always wondered. Is it a statement or," the metal around her breasts an hips tightened, "are you just waiting for the right man?"

"Let go of Uranus!" Mercury yelled with tears of rage, "Let go of her or I swear I'll-"

"You want her?" Chris mocked, "Here you go!" Using Uranus as a weapon, he swung her at the other two senshi. Mercury was able to duck in time, but Mars received the full blow. The cyborg bonded her as well and picked them up, he chuckled at the sight of two lovely, scantly-clad females so close together. "I should thank the nerd for installing those memory disks."

"Mercury aqua rhapsody!" Chris saw the watery attack and hastily devised a shield with the whips of his free hand. Mercury smiled victoriously when her visor indicated her foe had taken damage, but it was wiped off her lips when she heard her friends scream in pain. "Nani? What are you doing to them?"

"Another one of the bug-nerd's updates, part of the damage I take is transferred to these two," he brought his captives forward, "Wanna see what happens if you destroy me?" Mercury gritted her teeth as her mind raced for an idea.

"Ungh," Mars moaned weakly and looked up, "Uranus?" All the response she obtained was a slow nod, "Blast the creep Mercury! We'll survive, we're strong enough!"

"Hmph!" Chris saw the doubt in the water senshi's eyes turn into determination. These broads have too much faith in each other. New approach then.

"YEARGH!!"

"You attack and I tear them in half," he threatened. Mercury could see from the position of her friends' bodies that their spines were about to snap. "Good girl," the murderer mocked as he cracked his whips, "Now, where were we?"

Raven, he was now up against four opponents. Sailor Moon was wounded and in pain, but she was not going to stay in the sidelines, not when her love and her friends are in danger. The difficulty lied in the fact that the Power tier was too heavy for one hand. And even if she could use it, she dared not to, she feared that Karasu would be as vulnerable to the ginzuishou as Raven.

"I believe each of you has hit me three times so far," the undead warlock started, "It is actually a lot less than I expected, I became much stronger than planned."

"Don't brag," Tuxedo Kamen retorted, "You stole that strength, it doesn't belong to you." He drew out three roses. "You have no true power if it's not you own!" The Earth prince threw the flowers with all of his might, but they withered the moment they neared Raven.

"Are you actually trying to appeal to my sense of ethics? Don't forget I was the C.E.O. of a global corporation." He was barely able to catch Karasu's fist and fling him away, as he did so, he saw something out of the corner of his eye. "Damn."

In his insect form, Hawkins was a lot stronger than anyone would expect, standing up against Saturn proved it. Since the mad doctor was hovering two feet over the ground, the Silence Glaive surprise would be easily evaded, and the Saturn shockwave took too long to prepare. Her best bet was to use her weapon directly, but she couldn't manage a direct hit and had received a lot of scratches herself.

"Kuso, you're doing something!" the pale girl spat, "Even if you are a drone, you couldn't possibly be so strong without trickery."

"Clever girl," Hawkins half-praised, "I studied Venus long enough to know what sort of energy you senshi use. I am currently using a device that partly neutralizes such energy. It has limited range, but I shall correct that later." Saturn narrowed her eyes and thought, if her power was diminished only partly, then maybe her planet attack would be powerful enough to destroy the mutant drone. But she ignored exactly how much her power had been reduced. What if she used too much and lost control?

"Stop hurting Saturn!" Pluto roared as she slammed her staff onto Hawkins' back, crushing his wings. Hurt, and mostly annoyed, the mutant drone redirected his attention.

"Ie, Setsuna-mama, get away!" When the outer senshi were hit by their own attacks, Pluto had tried to shield Saturn as best as she could, obtaining the most damage. And that thing Hawkins was using worsened her condition. "Touch one hair of her head and you die, Hawkins!" The mad doctor paid no heed.

"Miss Meioh, quite a talented woman I believe." If he had eyelids, they would've narrowed at this moment. "Mr. Poe said not to kill anyone, but in my opinion, it will be better to lower your ranks now." He charged at the time senshi, his human hands aiming for her face. Pluto used her staff to parry, and fell into the trap. This maneuver left her defenseless against his lower arms, which as you should know, were clawed.

"KYAA!" The red-eyed senshi felt two gashes being opened on her torso. She fell back, her wounds weren't deep but the pain was intense. She looked up and saw a bulge on Hawkins' throat. He was about to spit acid at her!

"Silence wall!"

Hawkins spat and sealed his fate. Saturn had placed her barrier around his head. So when he spat…well, the results were gruesome. The beheaded Hawkins fell, greenish blood pouring out of his neck. The silent senshi came down to her knees and took a deep breath.

"Momma, Poppa, this is your victory."

"Damn," Raven muttered. Losing one of his subordinates was unexpected, and Hawkins intellect was an important asset, even though finding a replacement wouldn't take that long. "This battle has been prolonged far enough." Tuxedo Kamen and Sailor Moon attacked simultaneously, the former using his cane. Raven swiftly pulled the item away and drove it into the Moon princess' chest! She was too shocked to cry out the pain.

"USAKO!" her husband charged blindly and was met with a fierce kick to his midsection. He collapsed with most of his ribs chattered.

"Fiend!" Now it was Jupiter's turn. The brunette threw a straight punch, her arm was easily taken and bent the wrong way, not only that, it was also violently dislocated. "YEARGH!" She was thrown away like the rubbish the warlock considered her to be.

Last came Karasu, roaring like a horde of demons. All Raven did was grab him by neck and snap it, the undead warrior's body went limp. His nemesis whispered in to his ear.

"This has only been round one." Raven dropped the boy. "Chris, Kara, we're leaving," he ordered as he took off. Shrugging, the cyborg dropped Mars and Uranus next to the badly bruised Mercury. A jetpack came out of his back and he mimicked his leader. Kara came down to pick up Paul, who had defeated Neptune and Venus without uttering a single word.

Saturn, who had received the least damage of them all, watched the four gain altitude and teleport away. She took a deep breath to calm herself, during the fight she had felt a fury like never before. She got up and glanced towards Karasu, her love was moving slowly, which was all the pale girl needed to see, so she limped over to Sailor Moon. The odango-headed blonde was lying there, skewered by the black cane. Luckily, Raven had struck the right side of her body, far away from her heart. Despite her predicament, the Moon princess grinned at Saturn.

"Perhaps if you had fought Raven, the results would've been more favorable, ne?"

"Shh, don't speak, your highness," the silent senshi warned. She began to concentrate all of her remaining power within her body, when she was done, her body was surrounded by a violet glow. Quickly, Saturn took hold of the cane and pulled it out. "Rebirth aura!" On this occasion, she concentrated in order to keep the healing energy from spreading, thus allowing her fellow senshi to heal completely. Once she was done, her fuku became ribbons and then vanished as she fainted. Karasu rushed and caught her, wrapping her with his coat, Hotaru was still wearing her swimsuit, so she really needed it this time.

The rest of the senshi came closer, making sure that everyone was okay.

"Sailor Moon," Tuxedo Kamen approached his princess concernedly, "are you sure you're all right?"

"I'm fine thanks to Hotaru-chan," the blonde replied with her hand over the pale girl's forehead. Sailor Moon glimpsed at Karasu's dark eyes and shivered. "We must hurry back to the chalet, Hotaru-chan won't last long in this weather, and we're all too tired to teleport."

"," the undead teen replied sourly. He walked up to Uranus and put his beloved in the wind senshi's arms. "You're a lot faster than me," he explained, "go ahead, I'll be right behind you." Uranus didn't now how to react at first, she wasn't expecting such trust from him. Her only response was to give a firm nod and run at top speed. One by one, the remaining senshi left, while Karasu stood still. The undead warrior thought about the events that had unfolded a few moments ago. Allen Poe, now Raven, had accomplished his dream for immortality. Not only that, he had obtained an immense power. What scares me is the fact that he used only a small fraction of his power. And I know that he's not satisfied yet. He picked up and sheathed Seventh Sin. "How many families did you have to destroy, Raven? How many?"

*****

The chalet:

Carmen gradually awoke, she and Reiko could do nothing for Shigeru and the rest of the ailing, so they decided to come here. As the dark-haired girl sat up on the couch, she noticed a blanket covering her, and she hadn't gotten one. Looking up, she saw Reiko asleep on the armchair, and correctly assumed that the redhead had been keeping watch over her this whole time. Smiling warmly, Carmen put the blanket over her friend and gave her a grateful kiss on the cheek. Those zombies running amuck had shattered a lot of expectations and awoke a lot more fears, but having so many people to take care of her eased her heart much.

"Qué!?" She heard a sudden tapping on the window. She took the poker from the fireplace and approached cautiously.

"Miss Carmen, it is I, Kashaku."

"Oh, thank Mary." For once, Carmen was glad to hear that creepy voice in her mind. She opened the window and the bird flew up to her shoulder. "Try to keep it down, Reiko's here."

"Someone call?"

"Urk!" Carmen spun nervously and saw Reiko stretching tiredly.

"That's Carlos-kun's pet crow, ne? Are Usagi-tachi back yet?"

"Umm, no, not yet. I guess they're still in town helping people."

"Che, I can't believe they let them help and not us. Sometimes it sucks to be younger." The redhead yawned loudly. "I'm going to bed, and you should do the same. Staying up late and worrying will make you sick, and your brother won't like that."

"I'll be up in a few minutes, Reiko. Good night." Winking, the Japanese girl left the living room. I really can't help but wonder about that girl.

"Not to interrupt your musings, Miss Carmen," Kashaku said, "But was there any more trouble after we left for the mountains?"

"No, I kept waiting for that cop with the beret to show up. But it seems that there was no need to." She sat down on the couch again and started petting the crow. They both remained silent for a long time, until Kashaku decided to begin conversation.

"This doll, it is the one the warrior treasured, correct?"

"," Carmen answered as she picked it up, she had been holding it tightly in her sleep. The spiky-haired girl had been quite surprised and amused upon learning that her brother had kept something so dear to her. She immediately set upon the task of repairing it, and now, except for the uneven color, it was good as new. "I don't know whether to keep it or not. Carlos said it was and still is mine, but it helped support him while he felt alone. On the other hand," she rubbed her severed leg, "two broken dolls should be together."

"Miss Carmen." the guardian looked up and saw tears coming out of her emerald-eyes. The girl gasped when she felt his beak rub against her cheek, the closest thing to a kiss a bird can manage. "Messengers and guardians are supposed not to posses empathy," he shrugged, "but I wouldn't have it any other way." The bird waited a second before continuing. "That toy, before you arrived it was nothing but cloth and ash, but your skill and caring restored it fully. In the same way you were healed by your uncle and aunt back in your country, a process completed by your brother's visit. You are not a broken doll."

"Kashaku," Carmen wiped away her tears. "You should be an owl instead," she giggled, "every word you say is plain wisdom." Kashaku didn't know how to take that compliment. The spiky-haired girl got up again, placing Kashaku on the back of the sofa, and went over to look out the window.

"Umm, Miss Carmen, I don't know why I didn't notice before, but you haven't asked about your brother, the princess, prince nor the ladies."

"Why bother asking? It's obvious that Carlos sent you here to keep an eye on me. I'm sure he and my sis-in-law are beating the crap out of whoever sent the zombies, right?" She looked back with a confidant grin. The guardian lowered his head. "Right?" she repeated worriedly. No answer. "Kashaku, what happened to my brother!?" They both heard the door open and ran over to see who it was. The emerald-eyed girl was shocked to see Uranus carrying an unconscious, blue-lipped Hotaru. "Chingada! Put her down on the couch, and get that wet coat off her!" As the pale girl was tended to, Pluto was rubbing her fingers, the rest of the senshi arrived.

"Are you all right Carmen-chan?" Sailor Neptune asked with a caring tone.

"I'm fine, which is more than I can say for you. What the chingada happened out there?"

"Don't ask." Carmen turned and saw Karasu run his hand over his face and become Carlos. "You don't want to know."

"I am asking pendejo and I do want to know."

"Carmen, there's no need for such language," Mercury reprimanded as she became Ami, "If you must know, our enemies are still alive, the ones who…" she couldn't go on. Carmen would have collapsed if Makoto hadn't been there for support.

"Not to scare you Carmen-chan, but they are also stronger," Usagi added. She rubbed her chin. "The first thing we have to do is-"

"The first thing you should do, your highness," Kashaku interrupted, "is change into warmer clothing. It is bad enough with Lady Saturn in such condition."

"Nani?" The odango-headed blonde looked down and noticed that she was still wearing her blue and white striped bikini. "Eto, I gotta keep track of what I'm wearing before the henshin. We'll be back in a flash."

"Carmen-chan, please tend to Hime-chan," Setsuna requested before following her friends. The Navarro siblings were left alone with Hotaru.

"You should put something on as well, Carlos," Carmen commented as she massaged her friend's feet.

"I'm fine," her brother replied in a dark voice that made her shiver. The dark-haired girl decided not to insist. "I want you to go back to Guanajuato," the undead teen said after a while, "it's going to be very dangerous around here and I don't want you to get hurt."

"It's not safe anywhere, Carlos," Carmen got a questioning gaze, "I called back home the moment I got here, they got uncle José and auntie Sarah." She immediately regretted saying that, maybe she should have kept that bit of news a complete secret.

"It was a bad idea anyway. I think Carmen-chan will be safe her if we keep her close."

"Hotaru!" Carlos virtually bounded over the couch and kissed his beloved, warming her lips, "You had me so worried."

"All I did was tire myself, Carlos, nothing to worry about," the pale girl replied as she touched his face.

"Okay, okay, you're warming up a bit too much here," Carmen interjected, "Come on Hotaru, let's get some clothes on you."

"Pack your bags while you're at it," Rei said as she came into the room, "We're going back to Tokyo, I have a very bad feeling about this."

*****

Tokyo, Juban:

Rei's feeling turned out to be more than bad. Zombies had attacked their city as well, and the number of victims whose soul pearl had been stolen was in hundreds. The worst of it all, this meant that Raven was much stronger.

The first thing they did was leave Reiko at her home. They ordered her to stay hidden and ask no questions. The redhead demanded to know but the senshi were steadfast in their decision.

Once they made sure their friends was safe, they all headed for Hikawa temple. As they climbed the front stairs, Usagi neared Makoto.

"Mako-chan, are you sure you're okay? Coming with us while Shigeru-kun is still at Hokkaido."

"I hated having to leave him," the tall brunette admitted, "But I know I can help him a lot more by fighting at your side than by kneeling at his bedside." It was a brave statement, but she couldn't keep a tear away.

"Thank the kami you're here!"

They all looked up and saw Luna running towards them, they were quite surprised to see her in human form, especially Carmen.

"That's the cute, black kitty I met earlier!?"

"Hurry inside, there's no time to explain."

"Grandfather!" Rei rushed over, the old man and a few visitors were lying on futons with the rest of the animals at their side, also in their human guise. "Phobos-chan, is he okay?"

"I believe so, Princess Mars," the red-clad twin answered, "He opened his eyes an hour ago, looked at Deimos-chan and I, and muttered 'I'm in paradise' before fainting again."

"Hai," the maiden sighed as she slapped her face, "he's definitely okay."

"But who did this to him?" Ami asked, "The zombies?"

"Ie," Artemis answered, "Hino-sama was attending some customers when this man dressed like Karasu showed up, we immediately sensed the evil in him. Hino-sama tried to throw him out and ended up like this." The white-haired man rubbed his sore shoulder. "We all tried to fight him, but were no match."

"And after beating you, he went after the customers," Carlos guessed, "But I don't get it, their souls are still within them, only their energy has been drained."

"We are on holy ground," Kashaku observed, "that must have stopped our enemy. But at the rate his power grows, this will not remain an obstacle for long."

"Umm, I don't think I understood that," Deimos said, "But that man left something." The blue-clad girl went to a table and came back with an envelope. "I think he meant you to have it Warrior."

"Let's see." The undead boy read the letter and his aura became so irate it was terrifying. "I don't believe it!" he yelled.

"What does it say?" Mamoru asked. He was barely able to catch the crumbled paper thrown at his face.

"Raven wants us to meet him at this amusement park somewhere! And if we don't show up, he'll release an army of drones and zombies somewhere in the world! 'Preferably' with a lot of people." Carlos sat down and punched the floor. Haruka approached Mamoru and read the letter over his shoulder.

"We must meet him tomorrow at midnight, that's time enough to rest and think of a way to stop him for good."

"If you come up with a plan, Haruka, do us a favor and keep it to yourself. We don't need any backfire right now," Hotaru said in a harsh voice. Everyone, except Carlos, stared at her in surprise.

"Eto, we're not really doing what that baka wants us to, ne?" Mako said, "I mean, we can't allow him to manipulate us like that, otherwise we'll never win."

"Just as you can't allow him to commit more massacres," Carmen pointed out as she moistened the cloth on one of the customers, "I'd say you guys are stuck between the sword and the wall."

"That's a rock and a hard place," Minako corrected with an overly triumphant tone.

"Actually, Mina-chan," Setsuna said, "Carmen-chan didn't exactly misquote, that is how the proverb goes in Spanish." The blonde turned her head slowly, giving the mocha-skinned woman a furious stare.

"Three seconds, Setsuna-san, you couldn't even let me enjoy my victory for three seconds." The emerald-haired woman giggled apologetically. "Che, anyway, while Michiru-san and I fought Paul-san, I figured out that Rei-chan would be able to stop him with her seals. Kara-san, I can use my chain to hold her down, unharmed. And Chris, a few full-powered blasts should take care of him." She bit her thumbnail. "That oni Raven is a whole other story."

"We'll probably come up with something in due time," Michiru assured half-heartedly, "In the meantime, we should do as Haruka said and gather our strength."

"Hai," Rei agreed, "and you should all stay here as well, so far it's the safest place in all of Tokyo."

"Very well!" Makoto got up and clapped her hands, "I'll go the kitchen and make my best meal ever. That Raven oni won't know what hit him." The brunette's enthusiasm helped everyone ease their spirits, she went to work while everyone else went over to ready their rooms. As for Carlos and Ami, he went outside while she knelt next to Luna.

"Luna-chan, if you like I could take over while you guys take a break."

"Ie, Ami-chan," the black-haired woman answered, "since we were no help in a fight, the least we should do is take care of Rei-chan's grandfather. Besides, Artemis-kun and I have enough power to maintain this shape a little longer."

"And they got me as well," Carmen added, "I don't have magic or supernatural powers, but I'm not useless." The azure-haired girl gave a bright smile.

"I'll tell Mako-chan to cook something extra-special for all of you." She went to join the others. The animals and Mexican girl kept up their own work while the latter retold the story she'd heard. Artemis burst out laughing suddenly.

"What's so funny, Artemis-kun?" his mate asked in a reprimanding tone.

"Nothing, Luna-chan, it's just that I recalled the time Zoicite disguised himself as Sailor Moon. She was so mad at him for violating a registered trademark." Everyone else laughed upon hearing this.

"I guess bro must also be upset at the idea of a counterfeit crow running amuck," the emerald-eyed girl chuckled, "By the way, umm, Phobos, do they have any sort of copyright laws in the netherworld?"

"I'm Deimos. Hai, I believe there's a rule of the sort back in Coronis. But where do you think we'd have to go in order to find a proper lawyer?"

"Point taken."

Carlos stood by the koi pond thinking, Kashaku kept watch from a branch high above. Both pondered similar thoughts, Raven had no weakness and was infinitely stronger. They had to figure out a way to make the warrior level such strength, it was the only way to defeat that monster. Actually, Kashaku knew of a way, but Karasu needed to find out himself in order to get the correct result. The crow turned and saw Hotaru approach, in consideration for the young lovers, he flew to the other side of the temple.

"Carlos-"

"I want to be alone," the dark-haired boy said in the most gentle voice he could manage, unable to hide his anger, "please Hotaru."

"I understand, I just…well, I needed to see how you are."

"I'm fine. Now go get some sleep, you're still weak from the cold."

"Hai, but-"

"Hotaru." The pale girl sighed and turned away. She had only taken a few steps when Carlos took hold of her hand. "I haven't forgotten my promise to you, Hotaru," he said with a kind grin, "And I'm certainly not giving up to that creep." That said, he let her go, and a thankful smile appeared on Hotaru's lips as she went inside.

*****

An abandoned amusement park:

Raven and the remaining members of the whirlpool gang were preparing for the coming of the senshi. Paul was standing there staring into emptiness. Ever since Poe had changed him, the ebon martyr had said nothing, and the only thing he would do was follow orders blindly. Kara, unarmored, walked up and waved her hand in front of his face.

"Paul? Come on man, say something, you can't possibly be gone." She was insisting when Raven walked up and put his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get to him sooner," the warlock began lying, "A few minutes earlier and we would've more than only a moving body."

"I know, Allen," the mocha-skinned woman sighed, "just make sure you give that bastard mime what he deserves."

"I assure you, I will." He turned Kara around and kissed her. "Now go sleep, you're still mortal you know."

"Right." She kissed him again before leaving.

Chris was leaning against a lamppost when he saw Kara walk by. He stood up and caught up with her.

"You know, I just gotta ask," the cyborg said as he put his arm around her, "How come you keep being so nice to Paul when he's brain-dead, while I still get treated like scum?"

"Grabbing my breast like that should give you a clue. Now let go before I use my ring."

"Fine, fine, have it your way. Besides," he grimaced, "I draw the line when it comes to pregnant broads. And lord knows who fathered that bastard." Kara spun with her hands on her waist and an appalled face.

"What sort of computer did Hawkins put in your head, Playskool™?"

"Meaning?"

"Didn't you ever noticed that since I started sleeping with Allen, I never did anything with any of the men we went to kill?" Well, nothing further than my mouth.

"Yeah right, you go out every night to-"

"To keep up an image and you guys in line. This child is Allen's," the long-haired woman assured as she patted her belly, "And after eight months, he and I will be god and goddess." She began to walk away when she heard a chuckle from Chris. "What is it?"

"Oh, nothing, I just thought of something else I can do with the senshi."

"Creep," the mocha-skinned woman muttered as she left. Chris just stood there with his arms crossed, he knew Kara was being naïve, but would tell her nothing.

In my book, you deserve to suffer, you slutty bitch.

*****

It was time, the nine senshi, Tuxedo Kamen and Karasu no shi stood in front of the large, closed gate. Kashaku and the twins hovered overhead. Deimos had convinced Phobos into coming, based on the argument that their Princess Mars was going to need help. But Deimos had lied to her sister, the blue-eyed crow knew that Raven and his lackeys were sure to take advantage of the warrior's weak point, in other words, kill Kashaku. Deimos' plan was to stay close to the guardian and use herself as a decoy.

"I guess Raven coming over to greet us would be expecting too much," Jupiter quipped, "such an awful host."

"Well, that doesn't mean we should be discourteous and keep him waiting," the love senshi said, "Venus love and beauty-Umm, Karasu, would you mind moving out of the way?" The undead teen grabbed the gate and tore the whole thing from its hinges. He entered and everyone else sweat-dropped. "Eto, that also works."

The senshi walked warily, but Karasu was in no mood for caution, the distance between him and them increased with each step.

"Matte Karasu, it'll be dangerous if they find you alone," Pluto warned.

"Relax, Pluto, I'm keeping my eyes open." The moment the warrior finished saying this, a dark hole appeared at his feet, but he easily avoided it. "See? You gotta get up earlier if you want to get the best of me," he boasted as he stepped towards another trap.

"Karasu!" Saturn tackled him away and became the one who fell.

"Saturn!" Karasu tried to catch her but the hole closed immediately. The rest of the senshi rushed forward, Mercury activated her visor.

"It was a sort of dimensional portal. She could be anywhere in the park."

"Nice going, Kabuki," Uranus attacked, "are you still feeling cocky?" The undead warrior didn't answer, instead, he unsheathed Seventh Sin and hit the ground. The force of his blow was so great the earth cracked open.

"RAVEN!!" He bolted, too fast for anyone to follow.

"Matte, Karasu, it's too dangerous!" Tuxedo Kamen called, "Kuso, after him!"

Karasu had vanished from sight and the place was too large. It was dangerous to divide their strength, but Sailor Moon decided that they had to split up.

Sailor Mars, Jupiter and Uranus formed one group. Their search had taken them to the spinning teacups.

"Uranus, I really wish you had been more thoughtful instead of telling Karasu off like that," the thunder senshi complained gently.

"I already apologized, okay?" Uranus replied, "Besides, if the princess and Sailor Mars had been in our place, the same thing would've happened."

"I accept it," the long-haired senshi said, "though Usagi would've just whined instead of doing this, and believe it or not, I actually prefer it." She looked around, "I should work on this sixth sense of mine instead of just waiting for it to ring, then I'd be able to sense where our friends are."

"Which reminds me," Jupiter said as she snapped her fingers, "They're looking for us too, so don't concentrate on the search too much, lest we be surprised."

"Then look behind you!" the outer yelled.

"Nani!?" Jupiter spun and blocked just in time. Paul had jumped from the top of the roller coaster and tried to deliver a kick. "Mars!"

" Rin, pyou, tou, sha, kai, jin, retsu, sai, zen. Akuryou taisan!" The shrine maiden rushed forward, seal in hand. But Paul proved to be faster by grabbing her wrist and tearing the small parchment. Both inners somersaulted away and took a defensive stance next to Uranus. "Remember guys, don't use your powers."

"We know, we know," Jupiter said, "let's get that guy!"

Sailor Mercury's computer had led her, Sailor Moon and Neptune to the go-kart track.

"Gomen Sailor Moon, but this is as far as I can take us."

"That's quite all right Mercury," the ocean senshi answered, "It's all that baka Raven's fault." She tightened her fist, "If he dares touch my Hime-chan I'll-"

"Yo! Head's up you guys!"

The senshi looked up and saw Kara hovering high-above. "Can you guys tell me where Sailor Venus is? I still want that kiss."

"Kara-san please," the Moon princess begged, "don't fight, we don't want to hurt you!"

"Well I don't my child to be hurt either, duh. That's why I'm doing the smart thing and stay behind while others do my work for me. Drones, attack!" Five green drones appeared and charged towards the senshi, Mercury recognized them from that first encounter back at the hospital.

"Careful, these are stronger than any you've ever faced!" the azure-haired senshi warned as she avoided a stream of acid. "Shabon spray freezing!"

Sailor Pluto, Venus and Tuxedo Kamen had been the luckiest of the three groups, they found Karasu standing in the middle of a make-believe mountain range.

"Thank the kami we found you," the Earth prince exclaimed as he approached his young friend, "Come on, let's call the others and let them now you're safe."

"Don't bother using your communicator," Karasu warned, "He's jamming the signal."

"Jamming, by whom?" Pluto asked.

"He has no soul to sense, but I can feel him in my bones. Because there is only one person in the world I hate more than him." All four heard footsteps slowly approaching, they looked up and saw Chris appear from behind a boulder.

"Hate me, huh? I suppose it's because of your mommy and little sister. Maybe I should've let you have your turn at them, then you wouldn't be so bitter." The dark-eyed warrior's rage increased but he didn't display it, he wasn't going to give that murderous jerk the satisfaction.

"You are nothing but wire and tin now. Tell me, what's stopping us from blasting you into scrap." The cyborg stood firmly in front of the heroes and cackled.

"Upgrades." Everyone's eyes went wide open as Chris' body began to shake and bend abnormally. His hands and feet became large, yellow claws; his chest was covered by an energy-enforced breastplate and his head disappeared under layer and layer of metal. The human shaped Chris had transformed into a red with yellow streaks, fully armored, twelve-foot tall battle-droid!

"Hijo de su Mazzinger!!"

"You're old enough to remember that show?" Venus asked incredulously.

Ignorant to the ordeal her friends were going through, Saturn lied unconscious on the cold floor. She awoke with a splitting headache.

"Arrgh, Carlos no baka and I are going to have a serious talk when this is over." The silent senshi felt someone behind her and jumped to her feet, summoning her Silence glaive. "Raven!"

"I was expecting Karasu to be the one to fall, for one final match and get this over with. But I guess that having the most powerful senshi serves my purpose as well."

"Gomen, but I'm not too willing to serve that purpose," Saturn challenged with her weapon aimed forward, "Hurting Karasu is the same as hurting me, and I remember the pain in my princess' eyes when you skewered her," she added as she narrowed her eyes.

"Oh don't worry about your princess, she'll be safe for a little longer." Raven made strange movements with his hand. "The one you should be worried about is yourself." He threw a dark orb at the senshi, but she blocked it easily. "Good reflexes."

"Don't patronize me. Silence Glaive surprise!" The undead warlock used his dark energies to counter the blast, then, he used telekinesis to pick up the debris and launch it at Saturn, who deflected the attack easily with her Silence wall. "Not very clever, Raven," she mocked.

"We'll see." He spoke an archaic word and the violet barrier flickered away. Surprised by this, the pale senshi was barely able to block a second attack, one stone managed to hit her side. "Still confidant you shall win?" the undead warlock taunted.

"Enough to-Nani!?" she heard electricity crackling. Looking down, she saw something that made her skin go even paler. The stone had wounded her, but instead of blood, she saw wiring. "Nani?" Saturn asked in a panicked voice, "What-what are you doing to me?"

"It seems that your father's work is resurfacing, Tomoe was such a bright mind." Raven threw a fireball at his opponent, scoring a direct hit. Saturn flew several feet away with her body burning.

"Ungh." As she got up, she looked upon the polished surface and discovered that the right side of her face had been carbonized. She instinctively drew her hand towards it, but by doing so pushed away a bit of skin, her eyes widened when she saw something shiny. Saturn gasped and noticed that she didn't pull in any air. More than panicked, she dug her fingers into her chest and tore away cloth and skin to reveal cold metal instead of warm flesh! All the horror that had festered in her soul was released in one indescribable scream before collapsing.

"Poor, poor child," Raven chuckled as he came close, "and your father actually thought he was helping you." He kicked the senshi on the shoulder and turned her so that she now faced upwards. Everything had been a cruel illusion caused by his magic. The only wounds Saturn had were a bruise on her side and a few scratches when she'd torn her fuku open. "Now, to increase my power yet again," he said in a demonic voice as he placed his hand on her chest. "What?" the undead warlock's eyes widened with surprise and curiosity. He moved his hand over to her head and searched Saturn's memory. "How very interesting," he commented as he picked her up, "you're going to be a lot more useful than I thought."

"Akuryou taisan!" Mars tried to place the seal on Paul's forehead once more, but her attempt was foiled again. "I only have one left!"

"Then save it until you're absolutely sure!" Jupiter yelled as she tried to punch the ebon martyr. "If only I could hold and pin him down."

"If only these kabuki weren't so damn strong," Uranus complained. Fortunately for the senshi, Paul only possessed the physical abilities of the fabled crow, regeneration and enhanced strength. Were he able to manipulate feelings, they'd be doomed. "Come on people, we need an idea!"

"Don't look at us, we're no strategists," the fire senshi retorted. She looked up and saw Phobos circling overhead. "That's it!" She thought of her plan intensively, hoping that her avian friend would hear it telepathically. "On my mark, both of you tackle him at once."

"That's your plan?" Jupiter asked.

"Trust me." Feeling a bit unsure, Jupiter and Uranus stood side by side and charged when their friend gave the signal, Paul received them with a fierce roundhouse kick. Mars was a second behind them with her last seal at the ready, naturally, the undead man tried to grab it.

"Caw!" Phobos dove from behind and pecked furiously into Paul's neck, he felt no pain but was distracted for a second, and that was enough.

"Akuryou taisan!" The moment the seal was placed, Paul stood utterly motionless and fell after a few seconds. The three senshi took very deep breaths. "Domo arigato, Phobos-chan," Mars told the female crow on her arm.

"It was my pleasure Princess Mars."

"No time to rest guys," the thunder senshi interjected, "we have to go see if the others need help."

"Right," the ash-blonde agreed, "Race you!"

"Silver moon crystal power kiss!" Sailor Moon blasted away three drones at once. Kara had been sending out the insects systematically in order to tire out the senshi, but she had run out and her enemies were still standing.

"This certainly sucks," the mocha-skinned woman complained, "Oh well, I guess Allen and I will get you next time."

"Kara-san, open your eyes!" Neptune shouted, "We want to help you!"

"From the bitches who destroyed my friend? Yeah right," Kara blew them a kiss, "Ciao my lovelies." Luck decided to smile on the senshi for once, Kara was overconfident and flying backwards, so she ended up hitting a flagpole. "What the? Damn!" Her jets were broken, the dark-haired woman slid down and was grounded.

"Shabon spray freezing!" Mercury immobilized Kara by encasing her in ice from the waist down. "Okay, now be a good girl and behave!"

"Sorry, I never behaved when I was a girl," the mocha-skinned woman quipped as a laser came out of her gauntlet.

"Oh no you don't!" Neptune had sneaked up from the side and pulled her weapon away, Sailor Moon did the same from the other side. "You'll thank us later. Let's go guys!" The aqua-haired senshi had hardly walked a few steps when she was hit by a dark orb. "YAAH!"

"NEPTUNE!" Sailor Moon looked up and saw Raven reading another attack. The Moon princess became furious and extended her Power tier. "Silver moon crystal power kiss!"

"Mercury aqua rhapsody!"

"Submarine reflection!" Neptune was still strong enough to attack. All three magical blasts impacted Raven, or so it seemed. The alert on Mercury's visor started beeping.

"That's just an illusion, he's behind us!" The senshi trio turned around and saw their foe tossing a large energy blast at them. Mercury and Neptune moved away as fast as they could, Sailor Moon was going to do the same when she realized Kara was behind her! If she moved…

"Ie!" The blonde senshi used her power to improvise a shield. She was barely able to withstand the impact, and the shockwave knocked her two friends out cold. "Raven, can't you see that Kara-san's behind me!?"

"Of course he does, silly," the mocha-skinned woman mocked, "he knew you wouldn't move."

"Kara-san, I was barely able to stop that thing, it had enough power to kill both of us."

"What?" Kara looked up incredulously, she saw a coldness in Raven's eyes that she'd never seen before, "Allen?"

"I am immortal, Kara, and on my way to god-hood. Why should I settle for just one woman? And what do I need an heir for?" He threw more of his dark energy orbs in rapid succession, Sailor Moon stood her ground bravely, the will to protect Kara and her unborn child gave her strength but it would deplete. "One more princess, and you'll have to say sayonara. I'm so sorry we couldn't get to know each other better."

"Mars flame sniper!"

"Space sword blaster!"

Raven was hit with full force and fell to the ground, he raised his head to see the rest of the senshi, sans Venus, Pluto and Tuxedo Kamen. The false crow growled, he knew he wouldn't be able to face such number of opponents, not in the condition he was in.

"I'll be kind and grant you this one victory," Raven announced as he disappeared, "one senshi is enough for one night."

"Nani?" Jupiter asked, "What the devil did he mean like that?"

"There's still one group missing," Uranus answered as she checked on her ocean princess, "He could've meant Venus, Pluto or…By the kami, don't let it be so."

"Sailor Moon," Mars had gone directly to check on the blonde, "you still with us?"

"Hai," the princess responded through exhausted gasps, "it's Kara-san who we should be worried about."

Kara stood there motionless, her face was unreadable and her eyes empty, though tears flowed like a stream. The ice she was trapped in, it felt so warm now.

"Venus love and beauty shock!"

"Chronos typhoon!"

"Ebon shears!"

All three attacks, and a shower of red roses, were deflected by a force field. Now that Poe had become Raven, he allowed Chris to have a lot of power.

"Is that the best you can do?" the no longer human assassin mocked, "I thought you guys blasted demons away daily." He opened fire from the many barrels around his arms.

"Can't we at least damage his speakers?" the love senshi growled after diving behind a rock, "his voice is his deadliest weapon."

"I think the generators for his shield are located in his arms," the time guardian noted, "and he can't attack and defend simultaneously." She ducked just in time to avoid a laser barrage. "Then again, neither can we."

"If we could distract him for just one second." Tuxedo Kamen rubbed his temple, trying to come up with something. Then it hit him. "Karasu! Remember how you hit the ground with you katana earlier?"

"Sure I do," the dark-eyed teen said and he tightened his grip on it, "I just hope I can repeat it." Karasu waited for a breach in the firing and leapt out to face his enemy. "Hey tin man, this way!" Before Chris could respond, he hit the ground with even more fury than before! The crack ran right underneath the cyborg, causing him to lose balance and flail his arms wildly. The Earth prince took the opportunity and threw as many roses as he could. There were several small explosions, and once they ceased, the cyborg's cannons were now useless. Also, as Pluto had hoped, his shield was down for good.

"I suppose you're going to give me the final blow now, mime." Chris commented sarcastically.

"The definite blow," Karasu corrected. He assured his grip on Seventh Sin and charged, ready to cleave the beast in half. Chris just stood there, then opened his robotic hand. "Qué!?" the undead warrior was blasted away by a blue fireball.

"Karasu!" Pluto rushed towards her young friend and would've been scorched if Tuxedo Kamen hadn't tackled her down. "Arigato my prince. Karasu?"

"I'm fine," he answered groggily. His eyes went wide open, "That presence," he looked up at the red and yellow cyborg, "You, you're not Chris, you're Blaze!!"

"Heh, heh," a mechanical chuckle chilled the heroes' hearts, "Yes and no. After the explosion at the compound, Blaze became a sort of ghost, searching for a body. He found mine and thought he could posses me, but my will was much stronger." A blue, fiery mane grew on his back. "So, my mind dominates completely, and I can still use all of his power."

"I'll admit you surprised me," Karasu said as he stood up, "but I'm still the one who's going to destroy you. I heal myself, you don't." Chris merely chuckled and turned his back towards him. The undead warrior was at a loss until he noticed a small gun hidden among the flames. He knew where it was aiming to. "KASHAKU GET AWAY!"

"Caw!" The warning came out in the nick of time. The guardian began to fly away and saw the beam following him, an attack that was nearly impossible to avoid.

"Caw!" Deimos flew up to the path of the laser.

"NO!" Kashaku tackled the female crow away and became hit.

"KASHAKU!!" Pluto bolted to where the bird had fallen. Karasu watched the scene appalled.

"Looks like you can't heal anymore, huh?" Chris taunted.

"He was my FRIEND!!" the warrior roared.

Kashaku lied wounded on the floor, Deimos was in her human form, kneeling beside him and crying inconsolably.

"Kashaku? Kashaku open you eyes!" she got no response, "Kashaku no baka! Why didn't you let me do it!? WHY!?" the blue clad girl demanded as she pounded on the floor.

"Are you forgetting my title, Lady Deimos?"

"Nani?" The crow opened one eye narrowly.

"A guardian, that means I protect, both the warrior and my friends."

"How is he!?" Pluto yelled as she ran up to the pair. She checked Kashaku's wound carefully, "Thank the kami, it's not that bad." Just like an eternity ago, she ripped a piece off her ribbon and bandaged the bird. "There, you'll survive."

"But the warrior might not," Kashaku replied concernedly, "as long as I am hurt-"

"I know," Pluto interrupted, "Deimos-chan, take care of him while I return to the fight." The time senshi left as fast as she had come. Deimos picked her friend up delicately and drew him to the warmth of her breast.

"Please try to relax Kashaku, the senshi will keep the warrior safe."

"You don't know the warrior like I do, Lady Deimos. He's not going to yield."

"Venus crescent shower!" Now, with the use of Blaze's pyro-kinetic power, Chris proved to be an ever tougher opponent. "Hide Karasu, he's going to kill you!"

"You're no safer than I am!" Karasu insisted on fighting, in spite of his condition. He had never felt so tired before, and all of his powers were gone, but he was not going to give up. "Don't forget Chris, the other senshi are here, you can't beat all of them."

"I only have to beat you." The cyborg made a fist and punched the boy away. "Next."

"Next comes Tuxedo Kamen!" The Earth prince took aim and extended his cane towards the shoulder articulation. With luck, his arm would be left unutilized. "Why don't you try to fight someone in your level instead of abusing the weak?" the black haired man challenged.

"Like you? Don't make me laugh." Chris concentrated his energy and threw a heat wave at the Earth prince and Sailor Venus, knocking them both against a stone wall. "That should take care of you for now." The cyborg then detected something sharp hitting his back, his upper body spun and he saw Karasu armed with Seventh Sin. The undead warrior was breathing heavily and was much too tired to even speak. Chris grabbed him, picked him up and slammed him against the rocky ground. "You just don't know when to give up. Let's see if you can last as long as you did last year." Karasu was picked up again and was swung violently.

"Death scream!" Pluto scored a direct hit, causing noticeable damage. Annoyed, Chris threw his victim against a wall and ran toward the emerald-haired senshi. "Death scream!" this time her attack was countered by a blue fireball, she was about to shoot again when her staff was backhanded away.

"Try to imagine what I'm going to do to your pretty little corpse," Chris growled mechanically as she picked her up with one claw.

"Let her go!!" Using what little strength he had left, Karasu got up, "Don't hurt my friends."

"Karasu, No!" Pluto pleaded.

"Okay, enough is enough," the cyborg said tiredly. He aimed his free hand and gathered his energy.

Deimos and Kashaku watched the hopeless battle from above.

"The warrior's not going to survive not in the condition both of you are in," she cried.

"I can sense the princess and the other ladies approaching," the guardian replied, "all we need is a little time."

"He doesn't have time!" Her blue eyes lit up. "Unless…"

"Do not think what I think you are."

"It's the only way." Deimos put Kashaku on the floor and retook her avian form. "I know the consequences, Kashaku. But I'd rather face Princess Coronis' wrath than allow such a creature to win, or see one tear in Princess Saturn's eye!" She took a deep breath. "And don't forget, I outrank you. This is an order!" The larger male bird narrowed his eyes, Deimos tried to remain brave before his steely glare.

"Very well."

"Good bye mime."

"IE!" Pluto saw the gigantic blast hit her young friend. There was an awesome explosion, and when it cleared, all that was left was a pile of rubble. "You, you MONSTER-KYAA!"

"Blaze and I saw this in a movie once," Chris commented, "a babe gets ripped in half and all of her guts spill out. I've always wanted to know what it looks like in real life." He started to pull on Pluto's body very slowly, causing her pain to last. "What?" he had heard the stone move from where Karasu had been standing. "I don't fucking believe it!" he shouted as he let the time senshi drop. He stomped over to the debris "If that creep's still-" The rock pile erupted and something completely inhuman arose. Karasu no shi, reduced to a blackened skeleton. The red and yellow cyborg stood still then backed away, fear was supposed to have been programmed out of him, but this…

Karasu began his counterattack with the ebon shears, shredding away Chris' left arm. The cyborg tried to grab the skeleton, but his other arm was caught and torn away. Then, Karasu bore his bony, claw-like fingers into the breastplate. A blue aura surrounded Chris for a minute, the warrior literally tore away that energy, it was amorphous for a while and then it took human shape, Blaze's ghost. Karasu closed his fist violently and it was gone, for good. Then he put his full attention towards Chris.

"You little son of a bitch," the maimed robot growled, "I'm gonna grind you and spread you all over the city!!" He charged with every horsepower in his machinery. Karasu didn't move away, instead he leapt and tore through the metallic body as if it were tin foil. The gigantic machine tittered and fell, all of its circuits deactivated at once. Something small rolled on the floor, it was part mechanic and part organic, Chris' human head. His brains and a lidless eye could be plainly seen among the circuitry. Said eye rolled uncontrollably, trying to focus on something. What it found was a skeletal foot hovering above. "Nn-n-n-nnuh-nuh-noh-no, no, NO!" Karasu brought his foot down, the definite blow.

The dark skeleton stood still for just a moment, then he threw his head back and, whether it was caused by victory or pain, gave a roar so frightening, rumors say that even Satan has nightmares to this very day. He collapsed.

"Mamoru-kun," Venus said in a shaky voice, "is he?" Gulping, Tuxedo Kamen arose and stepped up warily. He saw Karasu's skeleton lying there, the only sign of life he displayed was a little twitch now and then. Hearing the others approach, he quickly took off his cape and wrapped him in it.

"What was that thing we heard?" Sailor Jupiter asked, "What happened here? Where is Karasu?"

"Venus, Pluto," Neptune looked around, she sobbed and wrapped her arms around herself, "He did mean her."

"Nani?" Pluto approached slowly and painfully, "What do you mean by 'her'?"

"My love," amidst the confusion, Sailor Moon walked up to her prince, the dark bundle in his arms inspired nothing good, "What do we do now?" Future King Endymion thought carefully, overhearing stray words and making sense out of chaos. He looked down at the boy he'd come to esteem, unbelievably light now. He tried, but could not fathom the incredible pain he was going through.

"I don't know, Usako, I don't know."