Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Kindness ❯ Chapter 11

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 11

I sit here and hold her hand. I keep hoping that she will show some sign of life. I hear the door open and turn my attention to the people entering the room. Fear grips at my heart as I know the time draws near.

Tears fill my eyes as I bend over to whisper into her ear. "Usako, everyone is here." I wait for a response, but none come. A small smile crosses my face as the realization that we are going to be torn apart again crosses my mind. "Happy birthday, Usako. Your suffering ends today."

As if on cue, the doctor enters the room. He sadly looks at everyone in the room. I hold Usako's hand, not wanting to ever let go. As I hear the switch, terror grips my heart. The last of my family dies this day.

The beeping of the heart monitor and the sobs of our friends is all that fill the room. "Please, Usako, open your eyes." I plead with her.

The beeping of the heart monitor becomes a steady line. I hear people leaving the room. I lay my head on her chest willing there to be a heartbeat, but I hear none. My tears flood down my face as I hold my love close.

"Oh, Usako, you are my family. I don't want to be alone." I sob as I lay my head near hers.

"Mr. Chiba, it is time for us to remove the body." The nurse tells me as she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Please, Usako." I kiss her cooling cheek. I feel another hand on my shoulder and turn to see Raye standing next to me. She helps me up and takes me toward the door.