Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Memories (I'll Dream of You): Merry Christmas ❯ Surprise!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sweet Memories (I'll Dream of You):

Merry Christmas

Well, it was that time of year…the twelfth month*(1). Usagi was more than happy it was that time. Christmas was her favorite holiday. Get out of school, give and receive presents, see friends, be with family, eat a lot of food. It was a great festive!!! What was even greater was that the Three Lights were back. She had sent a communication signal to Kinmokusei that she had missed them and wanted them to come down for the holidays. Of course Princess Kakyuu complied joyfully, but, unfortunately for herself, had to keep up with her royal duties. Still, Usagi was happy that the Starlights could come. She was looking forward to seeing Seiya again…

Sweet, sweet memories, of things that you would say
Of things that you would do
Till then I'll dream...

It wasn't that she was in love with him. He was just a good friend…and very good friend. He helped her through thick and thin. Even when he knew his life was on the line. She could never forget him, and she would never know how to repay him for what he had done. Well, unbeknownst to her best friends and fiancé, she had bought him the most expensive and best present she could find. Maybe a little something-something on the side if he wanted. Usagi blushed. No, he's just a friend, he couldn't want anything more from her than a hug. Besides, they couldn't do anything. EVERYONE was going to be there. They couldn't do anything too personal. Haruka still had her grudge…but yet, Mamoru was still in America. He couldn't make it on a count of all the snow the New England states were getting. Flights were cancelled, everyone stayed home…and the only transportation was walking. Even that would take the life out of you. Usagi understood completely. She needn't worry. Especially if Seiya was going to be with her. He was there for her whenever Mamoru was dead for a year, he could certainly take care of her when he's stranded for a couple of weeks. More comfortably, it was a civilized place.

The day of Christmas Eve it was, and that day, all would sleepover. She counted about fourteen people to cram in the house. Her parents didn't mind really. They were going to a Christmas party that night and would be taking Shingo along until about midnight. All of Usagi's friends should be asleep by then. All would work well. But, Usagi tried to avoid the detail about where the men would be sleeping. Still, her mother said that they could stay and sleep in Shingo's room with him. Usagi didn't argue with her mother, anything that could let all her friends stay over.

It was about time for everyone to arrive. First, her close friends came over with Luna, Artemis and Diana. They had a whole bunch of gifts that would barely fit under the tree. Minako was just as bubbly as ever, Makoto was trying hard to calm her down and say Merry Christmas to Usagi at the same time, Rei was being her usual self and was yelling at Minako, and Ami was giving Usagi a hug for the holidays. Well, she knew that her friends would never let her down of being themselves. Then came the outer soldiers. Haruka came in, mellow and tall as ever. While Michiru graced the household with her maturity, and then there was Setsuna who never really says a word other than, "Merry Christmas". All who were left were the only three men to arrive. Usagi still kept her cheer up, but deep inside was longing for them to come. They've played so many games including card games, tag games and some caroling that no one really enjoyed except for Usagi and Minako.

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart! But the very next day, you gave it away!! This year to save me from tears, I'll give it someone special…!"

"Oh my God, save me from this torture!" Rei stated as she threw her head back in agony.

Makoto then downed her fifteenth cup of eggnog. "Who brought the Tylenol?"

Ami was at her place, resting her head on the arm-rest. Her eyes were half closed and she looked as if she was about to burst. She then held up the bottle of medicine and shook it to let everyone know it's there. Lucky for everyone else, they all fell asleep.

"Gimme that!!!" The raven-haired woman grabbed the cup of eggnog from her friend and took all the liquid down her throat in one gulp.

The doorbell rang. Soon waking up everyone and interrupting the two blondes' singing.

"Three Lights…" Usagi whispered as she sat up to answer the door. She made her way to the hall and opened the door only to reveal…

"MAMO-CHAN!!!!!!!"

Everyone looked at each other confusingly and stood up to see if it was really the man that stole Usagi's heart. They were all met by the image of Usagi hugging Mamoru's neck as he was hugging her waist.

"Hey Mamoru! What a surprise!" Haruka said smoothly as she leaned against the wall.

Mamoru had snow particles in his dark hair and all over his winter clothing. He looked a bit tired, but also happy at the same time. His suitcase was dropped by his feet as was four medium-sized boxes.

"It wasn't easy. But I found a way to make it for Christmas."

"It will be a joy having you here King…" Michiru stated, bluntly as everything that came out of her mouth.

"It's a joy being here."

Rei and Makoto were too drunk on the eggnog, so they weren't totally there. Setsuna just stayed quiet and welcomed Mamoru. Ami was asleep on the arm-rest, she never really woke up when the doorbell rang. And Minako was still caught up in singing her carols until everyone swarmed back into the room.

"Hey guys!! Where'd you go??"

"Mamoru's back." Haruka told Minako.

"Oh really?? Ok!!" She then continued. "You better watch out…!!"

Her voice was soon in the background when Mamoru and Usagi entered the living room. He took off his coat and laid it on the table. He still had his scarf to go.

"Mamo-Chan, would you like for me to take your scarf?"

"No thank you Usako. I'm still a bit chilly."

She nodded happily understanding his explanation.

"Usagi! Would you like for me to start dinner?" Makoto asked, a bit sober already. After she had downed about three glasses of water. She did have a bit of a slurry tone to her voice.

"Um, why don't I help you??" the blonde said, a bit worried not only about Makoto getting hurt, but the dinner too.

"I'll help too!!" Mamoru offered as he followed the two girls into the kitchen.

* * * * *

All three were slaving over a hot stove. Pots and pans were everywhere, and so were food. It looked like the dinner was going nicely, but the kitchen looked like a tornado ran through it. Although everyone else failed to notice it. All eyes were focused on the television.

Makoto was cutting up some carrots while Usagi and Mamoru were stirring the boiling pots so the food doesn't stick to the bottom. Usagi looked like she was having much fun doing so and could only think about how good the food would be. Mamoru seemed to be Niagara Falls.

"Mamo-Chan, why don't you take off your scarf? You obviously look warm enough."

"Usako. I'm fine…I'll take it off later…" He said a bit nervous.

"C'mon. You're going to regret it if you don't." His fiancé started to grab his scarf.

"NO!!! Don't do that!!!!! I mean…"

Usagi was taken aback by his action and looked at him surprised. "Mamo-Chan, what has gotten into you??"

"Nothing Usako…just leave it."

Tsukino Usagi was not just going to leave it!!! Something was definitely wrong with someone if they didn't take their scarf off as they were sweating like a pig. With one swift movement, she tore off the scarf and was met by four huge purple marks on his neck screaming at her.

"Mamo-Chan, what are those?"