Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Memories (I'll Dream of You): Merry Christmas ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Makoto was almost finished cutting all the carrots whenever she caught the tip of her finger with the knife. It wasn't the first time it happened, to her, it was a little scratch. After applying some soap and water to her finger and knife, she turned around only to see Usagi and Mamoru looking at each other. Both seemed to have a look of hurtfulness on their faces. Plus, the water in the pots were about to spill.

"You guys!!! Watch it!" She yelled as she came between them and turned down the heat on the burners. She then turned toward Mamoru to yell to him first. Even though she was one of the tallest soldiers, he still was a head higher. Her deep green eyes came in contact with his neck. She knew exactly what they were on first impulse.

"This is no time to be giving hickies to each other!! We're supposed to be preparing--!!!"

"Hickies Mamo-Chan??" Usagi interrupted. Her eyes were on the verge of tears, but none fell.

He took a deep breath and looked down as if in shame. Though, he never apologized yet. Or explained himself.

When Makoto heard her princess' question, she knew that they weren't from her. Hell, Usagi could only suck that hard if his skin tasted like chocolate. And Mamoru was no sweet thing. She then soon realized that the knife was still in her hand. But, she knew that she couldn't exactly KILL Mamoru. Not without her princess' consent.

"Is there something you're not telling us dear king??" Makoto asked sarcastically, waving around the sharp object.

"Usako…I just…it's not-…" The raven-haired man couldn't find the write words for his explanation. "You have to understand."

"Understand what Mamo-Chan?" Usagi was staying strong. Her bright blue eyes never strayed from his.

"You've changed so much!!"

"How have I changed??"

This was harder than he thought. First of all, he didn't expect her to be so insisting in taking off his scarf. Never really crossed his mind she would do it herself. Second, where were all the logical questions coming from? Why wasn't she crying her eyes out? This was going to be tough…

"You're just…so different! You're so quiet and you seem so independent. I didn't know how to handle it!"

"So you cheat on me? And how is it that you couldn't handle it? Didn't you want me to change, become more of a woman?"

Mamoru rubbed his neck and laced his fingers through his hair stressfully.

"You just…became too much of a woman…"

Usagi couldn't bring herself to understand what all he was saying. He was tired of her? She wasn't good enough for him anymore? She looked at her left hand that wore her one engagement ring. The ring the temporarily bonded her to her love. It slipped off easily and she held it up to his neck. It encircled one of the marks. She then let it go and walked off. Mamoru caught the ring before it fell to the ground. Makoto was listening in, but was also preparing the dinner. She gave the King a look that said, 'get the hell out'.

* * * * *

She had sat down on one of the chairs and watched the television with the others. All of them were asleep and she was half glad. The tears came down silently as she then heard the front door slam shut. She couldn't cry. She just couldn't. It was Christmas. A time of love, giving, friends, family, gifts…there was no time to cry.

Just as soon as she heard the door close, she also heard it ring. Usagi didn't really want to get up and get it. But knew it was probably some friendly carolers going door-to-door to bring in the spirit of joy and Christmas. And she needed a dose of some of that right now. Walking like a sloth toward the door, she opened it only to see…

"SEIYA!!!!!!"

Another raven-haired man to brighten up her day. He looked much cuter than she last saw him. Well, she wouldn't exactly say cute, more handsome. Usagi jumped into his arms and held him tight as she started to cry. There was time for this sort of crying.

"Odango, how I've missed you!"

Only you and me, as far as I can see
The world around us disappears

This moment spans eternity

Her whole world seemed to be turned upside-down for a good reason. Even though, it did take them a while to arrive, it was well worth it. She pulled back from him to look into his eyes.

"You're finally here!! I can't believe it!!"

"I can't believe it either!"

Seiya was more than happy to have her in his arms right now. When Kakyuu came with the news that they would be making a short trip to earth for Christmas, he thought it was too good to be true. Now…it's good and true!

Usagi couldn't help but laugh. Seiya's ears were red and he seemed to be chattering. In a friendly sort of way, she covered them with her hands and smiled brilliantly.

"Will you like to come in?"

His whole body warmed up at her touch. Especially on a sensitive part. It was cold, snowy, and cheerful. So perfect, but he knew that there was going to be a border from her whenever he would walk in. Oh yeah! Yaten and Taiki!!!

"Um…I think we have to wait for the other guys. They're coming in with the gifts."

As if on cue, the other two Lights came in with loads of little gifts and big gifts. The silver-haired shrimp couldn't top the two boxes he was carrying. And Taiki let himself carry the little ones. Such intelligence can do so much convincing. Seiya and Usagi parted.

"Hello Miss Tsukino! Nice to see you again!" The giant said.

"Hey! Could someone help me here!!?" A voice said from behind the gifts.

"What's all this stuff for?" Usagi asked.

"Well we couldn't just waltz in here without gifts. It's Christmas!!" Seiya answered.

"HEY!!!!"

"It's alright Miss Tsukino. Even though we're not from here, we have to respect the spirit of the holiday." Taiki said.

"Aw, but still…you guys coming down here is good enough."

"ANYONE!!!!!!!"

"I wanna go in, I'm cold." Seiya stated as he grabbed Usagi's shoulders and gently led her in the house, Taiki following suit. Although…

"God damn it!!!!"

After Seiya already took off his shoes, he smirked and turned towards Yaten.

"Hey, do you need any help there?"