Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Name: Serenitas
Email: serenitai@sailormoon.com
Title: Watch Me Shine - Chapter 3
Series: Sailor Moon





Hi hi all! Sorry it's been longer than a week and Amethyst Serenity gets first dibs on slaughtering me! Sorry, sorry sorry! Deeply apologetic! Forgiveness is begged! The excuse I use today is that I CLIMBED MT.FUJI and was not near a computer up there, add to the fact that my friend and I got STRANDED on the mountain and were LOST doesn't help. I have discovered pain in muscles I didn't know I had! Anyway, enough excuses, very sorry, the next chapter for my other story will be out within 24 hours as my friend who is staying with me is a slave driver and keeps reminding me to write my chapter! Standard disclaimers, no flames. Read and review but be kind! Enjoy!





Usagi kept her chin high as she walked past her former senshi on the street, not acknowledging them when they called out to her. She was on a path that she walked on her own and she no longer had any place for them. They had made their choice and they chose Rei and Chibi Usa. Of course Usagi knew of Rei's damn charms at work and she had decided to let them run their course. They would return to her in time she knew, but she was odds as to whether or not she could take them back - having been influenced by Rei or not - if one's will was strong enough they could resist Rei - she herself had. She had decided to stop hiding who and what she was inside and she was glad of it, proud of the person she was allowing herself to be. Her grades had skyrocketed and Ms. Haruna was thrilled when Usagi told her to make them public and posted at last. She had taken personal and sadistic pleasure in seeing the other sensei's at the high school freeze when they saw her worst student abruptly become her best. Haruna-sensei was a very happy sensei now indeed.

She smiled slightly as she remembered how Minako and Makoto's jaws had dropped. Ami had fainted when she saw that Usagi had beaten her for first place in the school. On occasion Usagi saw Setsuna around, observing her silently as was her way, an enigmatic smile on her face as she nodded to Usagi, gave her a silent salute and vanished on her. Taking a deep breath, she paused at the door she was about to enter. Her second step of adulthood, if she could remember all the tips Mamoru had given her. Mamoru. She shook her head, a full grin slipping onto her face as she thought of his rather devious plan he had thought up. Truly they were going to take on the world, and knowing he was her biggest fan, her strongest supporter made her feel even better.

Her future had come sooner than she had expected. Mamoru had already begun a search to find out who her mother was, understanding Usagi's silent pain - her family had been torn from her as surely as his was. He had begun relating to her as an equal, as an adult and she revelled in the stunned amazement when he realized she could match him thought for thought. Clearing her mind of random thoughts, she walked up to the counter, winking at the man behind it. "May I help you?"

'Courage Usagi.' She reminded herself. "My name is Tsukino Usagi and I have a job interview at 4:30 this afternoon."

The waitress smiled at her. "Of course Tsukino-sama. You're early. Please come with me, the boss is waiting for you."

Usagi nodded and ordered her stomach to settle down for the umpteenth time that day. Adulthood loomed and Usagi ran to embrace it, no longer afraid, no longer hiding in the shadows, no longer the spineless doormat she had been only days before.





Haruka watched as Usagi entered a restaurant across the street from them, frustration lacing her features as she worried for her koneko. She stole a glance at Michiru who agreed with her now. "We were fools Michi." Haruka sighed aloud. "And now it seems it may be too late. We hurt our Princess one time too many."

Michiru shook her head. "I blame myself. I overreacted so badly when you were injured, I told her things I know I shouldn't have. I am the straw that broke her back."

Haruka made a slashing motion with her hand. "No Michi, you didn't drive her out. You heard what Setsuna told us about Rei and her clandestine little meeting with Usagi in the café, where she basically forced Usagi to give up her senshi items, her legacy and listened to the heap of lies she fed Usagi."

"Not about the vote though." Michiru corrected.

"But she didn't tell her how close that vote was. I never wanted her thrown out of the senshi." Haruka ran a hand through her short hair. "Michiru, I am afraid I am about to do something rash and impulsive."

Michiru smiled as she lay a hand on Haruka's now healing arm. "I am with you 'Ruka." She nodded. "I agree with this decision."

Haruka patted Michiru's hand. "Let's be traitors together beloved."

"I expected nothing less Haruka." Michiru winked at her. "Let's wait for her to come out."

"I expected nothing less from you Michiru." Haruka replied as she chuckled and settled down on the stone bench, feeling better than she had for days.






Minako fanned Ami who had fainted again once she had seen the ranking of everyone in the school and once again Usagi's name and average was far higher than Ami's. She bit back a grin as she remembered the choking and gasping sounds that came from Ami's mouth right before she hit the floor again, not used to being second - least of all the Usagi. Minako's eyes gleamed proudly. 'Go girl!' she thought. Her lot might be thrown in behind Rei - whosoever held the ginzuishou led the senshi after all, but that didn't stop her from mentally encouraging Usagi - though she had to be careful since Rei had let it be known that she could read minds and would not tolerate any lasting allegiance to Usagi. Rei was a harder leader than Usagi had ever been, and in many ways she was much better than Usagi had ever been, but she was distant and cold. Her leadership was authoritarian and totalitarian. They had no say, they had no opinion. Rei had let them know she didn't care what they thought or what their feelings were, whereas Usagi had always let herself be so bogged down in their feelings she had let herself be distracted from the matters at hand.

Makoto glanced up from the window she had aimlessly been staring out of. "My head feels funny." She said simply, knowing Minako would know what she was saying.

Minako nodded silently. All of them had felt strangely lately, as if they were fighting something that was trying to repress who they were. "We need to wait for Ami to wake up. She's not used to pitting herself against someone in academia."

Makoto snorted. "You mean Usagi, don't you?"

Minako glanced around, fear in her eyes. "Don't say that name too loudly Mako-chan. You know full well that we are forbidden to even speak her name."

"Well she had to be thrown out for our own good. With Rei in charge I do not feel like I am going to be killed with her leading us into battle."

"WHAT battles Mako-chan?" Minako arched an eyebrow at her. "There have been no battles since Usagi was thrown out, her mantle of leader stripped from her."

"For the better…I think." Makoto pounded her head with the flat of her hand. "Goddess my head is so scrambled and screwed up these days. I don't know what I'm thinking anymore."

Minako sighed. "I know Makoto, I know. Something is not right here. Usagi should never have been thrown out."

"Oy, let's not go overboard." Makoto held up a hand, unable to fight Minako. She privately agreed with the blonde, but she dared not think it, more cowed by Rei's hidden powers than she wanted to admit.

"Let's wake up Ami ok?" Minako said quickly, seeing Rei heading towards them.

Makoto nodded and reached for the smelling salts, hoping to awaken the brains of the senshi. Or was she?





Usagi bit back a gleeful smile and she shook hands with her new boss having been told she got the job on the spot. Nodding in a mature manner she walked out of the café, unable to believe that she would now be working with Motoki and Unazuki. She became aware of the fact that she was being followed and instantly darted behind a large tree, peering around it to see who was tracking her. Not waiting for them to come into view she made a split second decision and abruptly lunged out with a carefully timed and aimed slash to the throat. "Urgh!" was the garbled sound she heard.

"Who the hell are you and why are you following me?" she demanded angrily.

"I yield Princess!" came a surprised and proud voice from the ground.

Usagi glanced down to see that she had floored Haruka as she smiled broadly at her. "Haruka? Michiru? What are you doing following me? Shouldn't you be with your new commandant?" she sneered slightly, miffed that these two, THESE TWO of all the senshi had turned on her.

"We should be, but we aren't. We are traitors to our new leader, we don't like her, she smells bad." Michiru cracked. "Our rightful place is with you, although now it seems that you don't our protection. Well done."

Usagi held out a hand and pulled Haruka up. "That was beautiful koneko-chan!" she praised. "I never even suspected or saw it coming. What an excellent way to disparage someone from following you!" she knelt deeply to her. "I know that you tried your best to protect me from harm, and I know that for some reason your body didn't want to work, I could see it in your face. I don't blame you for what happened to me, it was unavoidable and when I swore Warriors Oath I knew the dangers I was taking. Yes it was one of my worst injuries but it was not your fault. You never should have tried to put yourself in the path of the blow, as I was trying to block it for you. Please forgive me for ever doubting you. I put my fate in your hands and trust your judgement."

"What she said." Michiru said humbly also kneeling. "I was so afraid when I saw 'Ruka hurt that I overreacted. It is no excuse, I never should have acted in such a manner. Please forgive me as well."

Usagi closed her eyes, grateful that the Goddess had brought back two of her most faithful senshi. "I forgive you, I knew you were not acting under your own will, but I wanted to see if you could break free on your own. Your sense of self is strong and never should have been tested in the first place. I welcome you back to the fold." She smiled. "Stand up please." Haruka and Michiru complied slowly, uncertain as to what their Princess had in mind. Usagi flung herself into their arms, hugging them tightly. "Oh thank the Goddess!" she said joyfully, nearly taking the breath out of Haruka who chuckled and hugged her back.

"It is with you we rise and it is with you we fall." Michiru said solemly.

"I take my chances." Usagi replied. "I pay my dollar and I place my bet. I don't claim to remorse or regret." She freed herself from Haruka's grip. "I should fill you in on all that I have been doing these past few days."

Haruka and Michiru nodded violently, eager to hear all. Usagi noticed Setsuna out of the corner of her eye, watching the whole thing from afar, a slight smile on her face. She gestured to her right where Usagi also saw Hotaru, also smiling. The two nodded to her as they faded from sight.






Mamoru paced Usagi's apartment, marvelling at how nice she had made it look. If you had told him several weeks ago that he would be looking at Usagi as an equal, that she could have landed an apartment of her own and stylishly decorated it he would have called that person a fool and then bought them a drink for amusing him so. If you had told him that Usagi could have beaten Ami or anyone in her schoolwork he would have committed that person to the people with the butterfly nets. The door was flung open as Usagi ran inside. "I got the job Mamo-chan!" she cried out as she threw herself into his arms.

"Omedeto Usako!" he congratulated her, thrilled at yet another landmark in her life.

"Haruka and Michiru came back to me after I knocked Haruka down." Usagi spoke quickly. "TheyaskedforforgivenessandIgaveit,ohbutMamo-chanthereissomethinggoingonwit hSetsunaandHotaru,andIcan'tbelievethatIwillbeworkingwithUnazukiandMotoki-on isanandthishasjustbeenthegreatestofalldays!"

Mamoru was grateful he was fluent in Usagi-ese as he listened to her convoluted explanation of her day. He knew from experience she could go on for hours and as much as he DID want to hear what she had to say, another fact that shocked him immensely, he wanted to savour being with her more, so he did the only thing he could think of to silence her - he kissed her. He lowered his lips to hers and pulled her closely to him, marvelling that so quickly he was holding a woman not a child in his arms like had used to. Usagi instantly stopped talking and returned the kiss with an intensity that shocked and amazed him. He was amazed that she was so self secure, that she knew who she was on a level that most people never achieved. She was no longer hiding who she was or what she wanted and he supported her privately, although their agreement was to have the others think that they were fighting and on the verge of a break-up.


Usagi wrapped her arms around Mamoru's neck as she deepened their kiss boldly, a move she never would have attempted a few weeks ago. Mamoru's tongue traced her lips as she opened her mouth to him, granting him access. He arched her back as he plundered and explored her in a way he never had before. Usagi's breath came in rapid gasps as a fire burned within her, a feeling she had never had before when Mamoru kissed her, always chaste and pure. This spoke of unbridled passion. Closing her eyes, she arched her neck back and his lips were there instantly. So this was another introduction to adulthood. What was going to happen in the privacy of her apartment where they were both consenting….


The door crashed open. "You get your goddamn hands off her before I cut them off and beat you with them!" a furious voice hollered. "Fiancée or not I don't care!"

Mamoru almost dropped Usagi, his libido rapidly reigned in as they leapt apart to see a furious Haruka standing in the doorway. "Well my danger sense was right I see!" she strode over and put herself between the two of them. "You just tell your pants it's impolite to point Mamoru!"

Mamoru flushed. "What are you doing here?" Usagi gasped, still startled at her sudden appearance.

"Michiru and I had a feeling you were in danger." Haruka explained grimly. "We tracked it here where I can see you have a nice apartment with a spare room in which I will be living to chaperone you."

"Haruka!" Usagi protested.

"I came to make sure your virtue was still intact, which it wouldn't be in another few minutes I see."

"I had everything in control!"

"Usagi, Usagi, Mamoru was going to take advantage of you." Haruka shook her head. "For shame Mamoru." She chided.

Before Mamoru could speak, Usagi interjected. "Mamoru wasn't taking advantage of me, I was taking advantage of him!"

"She could have stopped me at any time." Mamoru agreed, getting himself under control.

"I came to discuss your plan with you Usagi." Haruka ignored them. "I wanted to clarify the roles Michi and I play."

Usagi sighed, regretting the lost moment, but knowing Haruka was concerned about her and forgiving her…this time. "Sit on the couch Haruka, Mamoru. I will tell you the role that everyone has to play in this." She paused. "Some people say that you shouldn't tempt fate and for them I could not disagree, but I've never learned nothing from playing it safe and I say fate should not tempt me." She sat next to Mamoru who reached for her and yanked his hands back at Haruka's venomous glare.

Usagi began to outline the next part of her plan, Haruka nodding approvingly with Mamoru seconding her, unable to believe that these intricate and mature plans were coming from Usagi. With Haruka keeping a watchful eye on Mamoru, she let herself glow with pride at Usagi's wisdom. This was her Princess and damned if she'd let anyone oppress her ever again.







I hope you enjoyed this! I loved writing this chapter once I got it spit out, and I have some GREAT ideas for the next few chapters in this storyline! Enjoy! Memo to readers: If you ever climb Mt. Fuji please remember to wear PANTS and not SHORTS, as my friend and I learned the hard way after I got a slight case of HYPOTHERMIA! Anyway, see you in a day or so!

Ja!