Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Chapter 4

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Name: Serenitas
Email: serenitai@sailormoon.com
Title: Watch me Shine - Chapter 4
Series: Sailor Moon




Hello all and apologize to Amethyst Serenity for making her wait! Oh man do I HATE writers block! Anyway, here is the next chapter in Watch me Shine, thanks to all who reviewed and email the death threats to hurry the hell up. You like me, you really like me! I just updated one of my webpages so please check it out. Please read and review but be kind, and to those who emailed me to tell me that what Chibi Usa wants in incestuous, I know that and I mention it in this chapter. There is a brief (very brief) romance scene in here, so if you have delicate sensibilities then skip past that paragraph. No flames. Standard disclaimers! Enjoy ne?






Minako scowled at Rei's back as she hollered at them again to speed the hell up. Usagi would never have dared speak to her friends in that manner, indeed she would have been overcome with concern, forgotten the training session and asked if they felt okay enough to continue. That was one of the many things Luna and Rei had brought up when they had the meeting to overthrow Usagi, and that was what pushed the vote through. Minako at the time agreed that Usagi was awfully spacey and ditzy and certainly got distracted easily, but hindsight being 20/20, she realized it wasn't ditziness that Usagi had, but too much concern for her friends. Re-analyzing their battles, she saw that Usagi did her best to draw the youma's attention to her, and away from her friends, uncaring if she herself got hurt so that they could rest. Cursing herself for not seeing it sooner, she and Ami had come to a reasonable conclusion as to why Usagi always tripped and fell everywhere. "Minako, hurry up, we're all going to be killed and it will be your fault you dumbass blonde!" Rei hollered at her, as Minako's concentration broke and she went tumbling over the rough and rocky ground.



"Damn you Rei!" Minako yelled. "I WAS concentrating you know!"



"You are just as ditzy as Usagi!" Rei planted her hands on her hips and stalked over to Minako who was painfully picking herself up. "I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't have voted you out when we threw out the rest of the trash!"


Minako glared daggers at Rei. "Listen here you Shinto bitch...." she began in a hateful voice.


"I've been doing an analysis...." Ami cut in, hoping to avoid the inevitable arguement. Rei was still seething over the fact that Haruka and Michiru had abandoned her and gone back to Usagi. Rei had sniffed and said 'Who needs them?' but all the Inners knew that it galled her. Without doing a damn thing, Usagi had reclaimed the stonger senshi.


Makoto sighed as she listened to Ami's explanation. The friction among all of them was unbearable and questionable. It had never been there before...when Usagi was there. Usagi was the glue that bound them to each other, and once they had cast her out, they began rubbing each other the wrong way, they began to see faults with each other that before they ignored or let slide. Maybe they should ask her back...maybe...




Usagi breathed deeply as she stood outside the café, once so eager to begin her new job, and yet it was her first day on the job and now she was far too afraid to move. In the past few weeks she had come so far, done so much, and now she was frozen. "Go on Usako." Mamoru whispered behind her.


Grateful he had accompanied her to the café, smiling at the thought that he said he wanted to be her first customer, she shook her head. "I don't think I can do this Mamo-chan." she replied in a harsh whisper.


"Is this any harder than anything else you'Ve overcome Usako?" Mamoru pointed out. "You lost your family and everything you believed in, you lost the leadership of your senshi and you lost your closest friends. You were thrown out of your home, your advisor turned on you, and your daughter has some kind incestuous plan in mind if what I think is true. This is nothing!"


Usagi nodded. "You're right of course, but I can't move."


Mamoru decided to play his trump card, not wanting to tell her this way, but knowing it was the only way to get her to move. "I have information on your real mother." he said quietly. "But I won't tell you a word until you get your ass in that café and start serving coffee like nobody's business."


Usagi whirled and faced her boyfriend. "That's extortion." she hissed.


"Catchy name for it." Mamoru smirked. "Usako, this is going to be one of the last times we can be in public before we put your plan into action, do you REALLY want to spend it being angry at me?" he arched an eyebrow in that sardonic look that made her want to plant a fist in his face.


"Damn you to hell Chiba Mamoru!" Usagi stamped her foot.


"Only if you come with me Usako, now get in there!" he gestured to the door.


Usagi sniffed at him and stormed inside, leaving Mamoru smiling and shaking his head behind her as he followed her inside.






Motoki fought a smile as Usagi's gentle grin calmed the irate man she had just spilled coffee on and had him patting her hand and wishing her good luck. With a litte training Usagi would be a great waitress, though he knew she was destined for more. He had figured out some time ago that she was a superheroine who wore a short skirt and had legs he'd drool over if not for the fact that if her boyfriend knew he did, he'd be toothless. Surprisingly though Usagi was doing well for her first day, not the disaster Motoki had expected when he heard from his boss who he had hired. Usagi nimbly carried her tray through the throng of people, and displaying a maturity he had never seen, gracefully waited on people. She dodged the men with the groping hands, accidentally on purpose stepping on their feet or spilling water on them, and managing to calm a crowd of rowdy teenagers and sending them packing with only the gentle use of persuasion and a fist waved in their face. Yes Motoki was proud of her. Mamoru had told him the whole story behind what had happened to Usagi and Motoki had at first seethed with rage before realizing that this was the best thing for her. Her grades had skyrocketed, her hidden talents shown, her intelligence displayed for all to see, and not hidden behind a curtain of idiocy. He owed more than his life to Usagi and therefore was willing to give her all the chances she needed. She was his adopted little sister and he'd be damned if anyone would hurt her further. Resolving to talk to Minako about this whole rift between them, he winced as his sister dropped a tray and a baby began to screech.


Setsuna caught Usagi's eye and she paused, watching her intently. Setsuna smiled enigmatically as was her custom, nodded to Hotaru standing behind Usagi and winked at Usagi. With a silent salute she raised a glass of juice of her and gave a toast to Usagi before she spun quickly on her heel and was gone, Hotaru behind her, leaving those who had seen her to wonder if they were seeing things. Was she ever really there?





Usagi thought that she was strong, that she could face the world alone, that she could always take the fall for someone else. She had been called weak, because she was unable to resist the slightest chance love might exist and for that she was willing to forsake it all. Usagi was convinced one could not live if they stood outside the action. There was a love that was burning deep in her soul, constantly yearning to get out of control, wanting to fly higher and higher, because she couldn't abide just standing aside. It was this gift and curse that had gotten her into trouble more times than she cared to admit, this desire that she could not supress, nor did she want to. Her first day at work ended, having gone far better than she would have thought, having shocked not only herself but Motoki. Unazuki had stood by and cheered for her with the fatality total for the day having been contained to three broken plates and one broken cup. Usagi was proud of herself. She sighed as she leaned back into the leather seats of Mamoru's car, closing her eyes as he drove her home, secretly relishing the lascivious looks he gave her in her waitress uniform. "So Usako, when do we put the next part of your plan into action?"


Usagi sighed as she thought. "I know them well, and they can't go more than a few days without going into the café and when we see them in there next, it will be time to act." she shook her head. "Normally I hate deception, this masquerade. When this whole thing is at an end, and they learn that it's just pretend..."


"Then it will be no more than they deserve." Mamoru said firmly.


"They will come anyway, or Rei will." she winced.


"Why Rei specifically?" he questioned as he turned a corner.


"The ginzuishou returned to me." Usagi admitted. "It would not stay with her once she misused it. The ginzuishou is sentient and it knows its mistress well, the first time Rei tried to use it, it burned her, the subsequent times it has hurt her as well. Chibi Usa tried to use it but it refused to respond to her, for I had placed a warding on it. It finally returned to me. I still don't have my locket or my communicator or anything else, but I have the ginzuishou."


"Is it not your life?" Mamoru questioned as he pulled into Usagi's parking space.


"It is." Usagi admitted. "But then you knew that."


Mamoru held the door open for her, walking her up. Pausing outside her door, he hugged her tightly and planted a firm kiss on her lips before releasing her. "Sleep well beloved." he murmured into her hair.


Usagi reached for him. "Wait! You said you were going to tell me of my mother."


Mamoru's lips arched up in a smile. "So I did."


"Come in Mamoru." Usagi gestured to her apartment. "Haruka isn't here to kill you."


Mamoru shook his head. "I don't think I will Usako." he closed his eyes and begged for patience. "I will tell you of your mother first thing tommorrow when I see you, but I can't come in with you."


Usagi's eyes mirrored her hurt. "Why not Mamoru? Am I suddenly not good enough for you? Or have you regressed on your decision and are going to treat me like a child again?" she spat angrily.


"It's not that Usako." he drew in a deep breath. "I can't be alone in your apartment with you." he looked her right in the eyes so she would know he spoke the truth. "I want you Usako, and if I am alone with you I will take you, rest assured of it. Maybe it would be rough or maybe it would be gentle, and whether you consented or not, I can't take that chance."


Usagi's eyes were wide at his blunt admission, then they darkened to midnight blue. "I never said I wanted you to be gentle Mamo-chan." she said softly as one hand traced the outline of his face.


"Usako, you are still discovering who you are. I can't take advantage..." he trailed off as Usagi pressed a soft hand to his lips.


"I have known who I am for a long time Mamoru, I just hid it behind a façade of idiocy and ditziness. You want the real reason I am so clumsy? I can tell you for I have finally found out what it is, though I refuse to use it for an excuse." Usagi shook her head. "I know what I want and you are taking advantage of nothing. The one thing I'm sure of is that I want a man to stand beside me, not in front of or behind me, give me your arms that want to hold me and not own me and I will give you all the love in my heart. Be true and don't tell lies to me. I'm not looking for a fantasy, I just want what is real. You are real, your love is real, and you are here." Usagi stood back and gestured inside. "This offer won't come a second time Mamoru. Will you come in?"


Mamoru hesitated only for a moment before a muttered "to hell with it" oath as he followed her inside and locked the door. He almost heard heard her heart beating and he swore he heard the echo of the thoughts he knew she must be thinking. She was trembling as she wondered what this moment held in store, and as he put his arms around her, he remembered that she had never been this far before. He didn't know what he was saying to her in a low and soothing voice as his hands drifted over her body and touched forbidden places. All he knew was that he had waited for so long for the chance that they were taking. She was entrusting herself to him, knowing the risk. As he tasted her kisses, keeping his passion and desire in check, not wanting to scare her. As he took the love she was giving, he could feel the tension burning in her mind, and she was wondering if tommorrow he would love her like he was loving her tonight. She had no way of knowing but this night was only going to make him love her more. He hoped that she would believe him and know that he wasn't just doing this to get into her bed.


Usagi arched against him as her uniform fell away, as desire and passion coursed through her, the power of it more than anything the ginzuishou had ever sent through her body. His lips lowered to her throat, to her breasts and lower yet. She heard his voice chanting something reverently to her as he explored her body, as she slowly and shyly divested him of his garments and lowered her lips to his chest. He was tense and coiled, like an animal about to explode. She felt the boil building up in him and smiled a purely feminine smile as she realized she controlled that boil. This moment was reverent, was love, the look in his eyes spoke more than any words ever would. As she felt his hands on places that before only she had ever seen and touched, it was more than she could bear. She exploded. She imploded. she went to heaven on a cloud of white and returned in gentle lethargy, seeing the almost godlike grin on his face as he prepared her and him for the next part. This then was desire. This then was passion. This then was what it spoke about in the romance books she had devoured secretly, this feeling that drove a person to insanity and further for a taste...


The door exploded inwards with shards of wood and lock flying across her living room. Usagi pulled herself out of her rapturous feeling, hearing Mamoru's curses that burned her ears. Wondering what the hell had happened, she saw Sailor Uranus standing in her doorway, her World Shaking attack held in her hands, and Sailor Neptune holding her back. "I am going to KILL you!" Haruka breathed as she lunged for Mamoru, not caring if he was naked or not.


Mamoru yelped and dignity be damned grabbed up his clothes and hastily pulled them on while dodging Haruka who had begun chasing him around the living room. "Usagi get your clothes on." Michiru sighed as she picked up the uniform that had fallen away somewhere between the door and the couch.


Usagi was convinced her face would never be a normal colour again as she hastily pulled her work uniform back on. "What the hell are you doing here!?" she hissed.


"Following you." Uranus paused long enough to tell her that. "I gave Lothario there exactly ten minutes to come back out again, figuring that would be long enough to play tonsil hockey with you, but after thirty minutes when he never came down, I got suspicious so I came to check. I was right!" she seethed as she turned to Mamoru who knew when to call it quits.


"I love you Usako! See you tomorrow!" he waved at her as he ran for his life out of the apartment.


Usagi moaned softly and fell back on the couch. "You couldn't have waited another few minutes?" she asked plaintively.


Haruka turned her glowering look on her Princess as Neptune inspected the destroyed door. "So much for your security deposity Usagi." she sighed.


Usagi would have laughed it it had been anyone other than her at this very moment. Shaking her head, she lay back, knowing tomorrow she and Mamoru, Haruka and Michiru would put the next phase of her plan into action. She shook her head as she thought of her secret weapons that no one knew about. The greatest secret she had, and the ultimate trump card. She didn't understand now as she never truly had why they all had to conceal what they think and how they felt, but it would end one way or another. Her head jerked around as she paused to consider what she just felt. The youma had returned, and now they would face a new Sailor Moon. "I've crossed lines of words and wire and both have cut me deep. I have been frozen out and I've been on fire and the tears are mine to weep. I can laugh until I cry or cry until I laugh but in the end it is always me. I take my chances every chance I get." she said aloud. "I don't claim to remorse or regret." she ignored the startled look on Haruka and Michiru's faces as she closed her eyes, no transformation words needed and light engulfed her. When it faded....the true Usagi stood before them.





Ok, next chapter....the truth on Usagi's real mother, the new Usagi and how about fighting that pesky little youma? Will the other senshi return to Usagi or not? What is her trump card and has anyone figured out what is up with Hotaru and Setsuna yet? Stay tuned!


Ja!