Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Chapter 5

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author: Serenitas
Series: Sailor Moon
Title: Watch me Shine - Chapter 5
Rating: R









Hello all! Yes I finally updated! It took me a few days to get this one spit out because I am going through a bit of a breakup right now and I had to get really really mad at my ex before I could write another chapter in this, a story of strength. To Amethyst Serenity and Wreath of Roses, forgive me please! Since today is my birthday (August 27) and I am now officially old (24) this is my birthday gift from me to you! Please read and review but be kind! No flames! Standard disclaimers! And to those who emailed me and told me to update more often to keep people interested, I AM doing the best I can, honest to god I am and updating when my schedule allows. Please forgive me though. Oh and Moonromance.com refuses to publish any more of my stuff, rejecting it, so it's all either here or on Lady Cosmos' website! Ok, enough rambling and on with the story!






She was a goddess, or wasn't she? Usagi who when she had last transformed was Eternal how now gone one step beyond that...into who she was meant to be. Haruka's jaw hung open as she looked at her Princess before she knelt before her, convinced that if she died in this moment, she had at least seen the most beautiful sight on the planet. Usagi had evolved once more, whether due to her change in attitude, or to evolution with the crystal, she was different and somehow they all knew that this was her final form, one step beyond where Hotaru had taken her only a short year ago. Usagi still had her wings, but her fuku had changed, it was silver and white, seemingly transparent in some places until you saw it was just reflecting the light. Her crescent moon shone with a new light, no longer the warm gold it was but rather a gentle silver, mimicing the sky. In this light Usagi's hair looked white instead of blond and the only true colour was coming fromo the crystal, lit inside with a red fire that no one had ever seen. "Shall we go?" Usagi asked in a musical voice.


Neptune and Uranus nodded mutely, still unable to speak, able only to follow this beauty. Arriving at the scene Usagi paused as she drank in the details of this youma, fairly weak and there only to suck energy and cause a disturbance. Once she realized that this wasn't the result of a new enemy, rather the leftovers from long ago she relaxed. Skipping her speech she raised her hand and a beam of light shot out as the youma was dusted. The whole thing had taken less than a minute. Usagi smirked at Haruka and Michiru when she froze, standing ramrod straight. Turning slowly she faced the Inner Senshi, her former friends. For a moment no one spoke, only evaluated each other, then Rei finally opened her mouth. "You have something that belongs to me."


"Forgive me if I tell you that it is mine, not yours and it never was. Haven't you learned your lesson yet?" Usagi asked with saccharine sweetness.



"The ginzuishou belongs to the leader of the senshi and that is me. You were exiled from us."



"Yes and you informed me that if you saw me again you would meet me a stranger and leave the same way. Well then, I am waiting for you to leave me as a stranger. You decreed that no further words would pass between us, yet we are talking now." Usagi pointed out, arching an eyebrow and crossing her arms in front of her.



"Wow Usagi, you look gooooooood girl!" Minako breathed as she took in Usagi's outfit.


Rei turned and shot Venus a lethal look. Cowed, Minako fell silent and lowered her eyes to the ground. "You stole from me. I speak to you only because I wish to reclaim what is mine. You are a deceptive and manipulative brat, aren't you?"


Usagi threw back her head and laughed contemptously. "Deception? Manipulation? Are you sure you are not speaking of yourself Rei Hino? You who filled me with lies and insults to get your way? You who demanded to have my birthright and attempt to use it as if it was your own?" she paused. "Tell me Rei, how are your hands?"


Rei's face curled up in a snarl. "The ginzuishou is mine! Give it back!"


"Nozomu no nara oikakete kite." (If you want me come chase me) Usagi replied blithely. "You want my crystal so much, come and get it."


Rei stepped forward to head towards the blonde and was stopped abruptly by a voice. "Rei now is not the time. Evidently her treachery goes deeper than we thought. Not only is she clumsy and stupid and ditzy, but now she is also a liar."


Rei sighed and nodded as Chibi Usa stepped out from the shadows. "You're right of course Chibi Usa, forgive me for presuming."



Usagi faced off against her future daughter, a silent battle of wills ensued, the air crackling with tension. "Why?" Usagi asked her, the only question she ever really wanted answered from her.


"Do you really need to ask that?" Chibi Usa spat. "If you don't know, then I won't tell you."


"Then let me tell you." Usagi sighed. "You are in love with Mamoru, the man who will be your father. You travel to the future and back here because it speeds up your aging process and if you do it one more time you will be about fifteen years old and for you that is old enough because you have some sick and disgusting belief that if you get him here, in the past before he is your father, that he will leave me for you, not realizing that it is because of me that you exist. I wonder how your mother is doing by the way?"


Chibi Usa's red eyes widened in shock as her entire plan was laid bare for everyone to hear. "I never said that!" she protested.


Usagi's eyes narrowed at the girl she had tried to hard to love and give love to. "You don't have to Chibi Usa." she began, then raised a finger to her temple. "You're thinking it."


"You can read minds!" Makoto burst out, "Just like Rei!"


Usagi nodded imperiously then turned on her heel and walked away from her former senshi, Haruka and Uranus trotting swiftly behind her, Rei seething in utmost rage, Chibi Usa on the brink of tears and Ami, Makoto and Minako silently cheering Usagi for putting Chibi Usa into her place. Rei spun and faced them. "You are MY senshi and don't for one minute think that I don't know that you want to go to her. I WILL reclaim the ginzuishou! I have her locket and communicator still..."


"Rei, she apparently transformed with a sheer act of will alone...do you really think that she needs the locket anymore?" Ami pointed out neutrally.


"Don't argue with your leader!" Rei snapped. "Just do what I say and obey me! I have the power and I have the skill and I am the one who seized the reins of leader before any of you greedy and grasping little so called senshi could take it from me. I always should have been leader, and I train the future Queen, the greatest Queen, so show a little respect!"


Minako stared wistfully in the direction that Usagi had left before closing her eyes and following Rei, her patience with her friend pushed almost to the limit.





Mamoru and Usagi stood together outside the café, about to put Phase 1 of Usagi's plan into action. The girls sat inside apparently bickering bitterly among themselves. Motoki and Unazuki had been let in on the plan so they were waiting for the show to begin. Mamoru and Usagi had agreed to act as if they had just met again, with the insults and Mamoru was to let Rei think that she still had a chance because he was going to be a cheating bastard and he wanted to hurt Usagi. "Can you come over tonight?" Usagi asked softly as she kissed him lightly and moved away.


"Haruka would have my head along with other pertinent body parts if I did." Mamoru replied grimly.


Usagi sighed. She loved her protector to death, but she was yearning for more and Haruka was adamant about keeping Mamoru away from her, stating firmly that he had tasted more than enough of Usagi's charms to last until she was properly married or of legal age. "I know." she drew in a deep breath. "I hope I can be convincing enough."


Mamoru lowered his lips to her ear. "I promise you this time that when we get back to your place tonight, I will tell you the truth you so desperately want to know Usako...I WILL tell you the truth of your real mother. I couldn't believe it when I found out...it's impossible really, but it's reality."


Usagi pondered that cryptic remark before shaking her head. "I'll think about that later. Right now I have some vengeance to mete out. I'll show them how valuable Tsukino Usagi can be!" she tossed her head. "I love you."


Mamoru smiled. "I know, and I promise I won't take offense to anything you tell me in there."


Usagi arched an eyebrow. "I'll remember you said that my love."


Mamoru winked at her and gestured for her to enter. Pausing inside the doorway, he let out a loud sigh drawing the eyes of the Inner senshi and praying he could pull this off. He didn't know how he could treat her like a child and insult her now that he knew the truth of her. Closing his eyes briefly and praying for strength, he followed her short uniform and curled his lip at her. Let the games begin.




Haruka and Michiru were shaking their heads as they heard the silent gunshot and walked towards the Inners. "This might just make me vomit." Haruka muttered to Michiru.


"You agreed to this!" Michiru reminded her none to gently. "I wanted nothing to do with this."


"In for a penny..." Haruka sighed. "But if it puts that vapid, ditzy, usurping, skunk headed, smelly, sulphur ridden hoe in her place then..."


"You'd kill for Usagi and we both know it. How in the name of Neptune are you going to pull this off?" Michiru eyed her lover carefully.


"Trust me Michi. You of all people know I have hidden talents." Haruka winked at her and straightened. "Into the belly of the beast." she said as she tossed her head.


"And out of the demon's ass." Michiru finished.





Setsuna and Hotaru watched the plans unfold with great interest. "This just keeps getting better and better." Hotaru remarked quietly. "Should we rejoin them yet?"


Setsuna laughed softly and shook her head. "Not yet Hotaru. There are still a few more events that need to unfold before we can put OUR plans into action. This has been so wonderful to watch. I was wondering when she would be able to being her metamorphasis and was fully convinced I'd have to bring the future to the past to talk some sense into her. Once again I am guilty of underestimating her."


Hotaru joined in Setsuna's laughter. "No more than I. She never told you what she saw inside that shell when she followed me in did she?"


"Nor have you my dear." Setsuna reminded her. "We are driving her crazy by this silent appearing and disappearing though."


"Will she be ready for her trials at the end of this?" Hotaru questioned.


"I have...no doubts." Setsuna replied, turning her gaze back to the café. Hotaru joined her and they once again took up their silent vigil, an hourglass behind them slowly running out.






Usagi nodded at Unazuki who gestured to a table in the corner. "May I take your order please?" she asked, smiling and pulling out her pad and pen.


"Usagi!"


Usagi glanced up and saw her former family sitting in the table, jaws open in slack. Usagi dropped her pen as her eyes widened in shock and she was unable to say anything at all.





Mamoru glanced over at Usagi before heading to the table the senshi were at and saw her standing there in shock. "Shit!" he cursed, furious. Now she needed him to stand by her, now she needed his public strength but his hands were tied by her plan.




Haruka looked over briefly at Usagi and saw her frozen in horror. Narrowing her eyes she saw what held Usagi spellbound. "GODDAMMIT!" she snarled. Usagi needed her and Michiru at this moment but they could do nothing because they were sworn to obey her and her plans were firm. Any wrong move now would destroy the entire façade.




Motoki and Unazuki heard the pencil drop and stole a quick peek at Usagi. Seeing those who had disowned her, sending her world crashing down around her ears sitting in the table she was serving made Motoki see red. "*uck!" he cursed, ignoring his sister's astonished glare. He was not bound by any plans of Usagi, no orders, no promises. Preparing to head over he was pulled back by his sister.


"Don't! Let her handle this!" Unazuki whispered frantically.


"'Zuki...." he trailed off, his knuckles cracking.


"Give her credit." Unazuki said softly, handing him a cup and cloth. "Clean this cup."


Motoki took his temper out on the cup, cleaning it with a vengeance and wishing he could wrap the cloth around Tsukino Kenji's throat.




Artemis' back arched as he took in the scene before him. He didn't agree with Luna one little bit, but he hadn't left Minako. He saw the pain etched on Usagi's features, the tears welling up in her fathomless blue eyes and sent out a prayer to the goddess that she would have strength.




Usagi straightened her spine, willing it to be steel, yearning for a bit of the strength Mamoru and Haruka had told her she had. 'Here I am, this is me and there's no one else on earth I'd rather be.' she reminded herself. 'I'm a new person and I can do this.' she encouraged herself. She knew Haruka, Motoki and Mamoru wanted to charge to her side, but this was HER fight, an unavoidable fight that she had do on her own. Lifting her chin, she opened her mouth. "May I take your order please?"




Well that ends this chapter! How will her former family handle this? How will Usagi handle it? What IS going on with Hotaru and Setsuna? Will her plan be successful for her senshi and her love? The next chapter will be out soon! I hope you enjoyed this one, now that I had a chance to write it! No flames! Remember I write based on reviews!


Ja!