Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Chapter 6

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author: Serenitas
Title: Watch me Shine - Chapter 6
Rating: R
Series - Sailor Moon
Email: serenitai@sailormoon.com






Hello all! Here it is, another chapter (which I wrote on the train, the only free time I have). Not much to say except thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday last week! Thank you all so much! It meant alot to me especially since I HATE birthdays. On the upside, I have finally gotten the point across to my ex to never contact me again! I'm so happy! A special Hi and Hello to Wreath of Roses and Amethyst Serenity, who are just really really nice people. Read and review but be kind. I write based on reviews...so more! More! More I tell you! No flames please!








"May I take your order?" Usagi asked politely in a voice as cold as winters' night. For a brief moment, she didn't recognize her own voice.


Kenji blinked in startlement a few times as Shingo and Chibi Usa smirked cruelly and Ikuko's eyes filled with tears as they took in the sight of Usagi standing proudly before them, her chin raised as her eyes burned with a blue fire that they had never seen before. The flames in her eyes both scared and confused them. For a moment she didn't appear as Usagi, but rather someone more regal. "You look wonderful." Ikuko breathed. "Can you join us?"



Usagi's face softened briefly as she looked at her former mother. "Uh-uh." Shingo shook his head quickly. "I refuse to sit at the same table as that...thing."



Kenji smiled indulgently at his son. "Ikuko, this is a FAMILY outing. Whoever this so-called waitress is, she is no family member of ours. I suggest you remember that in the future and not ask strangers like this to join us." he said eyeing Usagi to see if his blade drew blood.



Usagi's heart wrenched but she clenched her teeth and fought back the pain as Kenji scored a hit. Damned if she'd let him see her hurt. "You bast-" a voice yelled and was abruptly cut off. OUt of the corner of her eye, Usagi saw Michiru with her hand over Haruka's mouth as she struggled to get loose. With a discreet shake of her head she frowned slightly and turned her attention back to her former family. "I am Usagi and I'll be your waitress today. Please call out when you are ready to order." she said with a forced smile and sweetness. Kenji's jaw dropped as she turned to go - no wailing, no tears, no accusations.



"Who the HELL do you think you're fooling you bubble-brained ditz?" Chibi Usa burst out angrily. "You're a failure and we all know it - that's why you were thrown away like the trash you are! Look over there!" Chibi Usa pointed. "Your beloved Mamoru, he has his arms around another - your sworn rival to be exact!"



Usagi cast a glance at Mamoru who was hugging Rei and whispering in her ear. Through their bond, she felt his revulsion at holding Rei and his pride at Usagi's strength. He was following her plan perfectly. "So he is." she remarked indifferently. "At least I - " she cut herself off, fearful of revealing too much in front of her former family. "Would you care for a beverage?"



Ikuko's eyes glistened as her tears threatened t spill. "Can't you be a little bit nicer to us?" she pleaded. "We did so much for you."



Usagi nodded. "Yes you did." she conceded. "You tore my world apart, you drew a knife through my dreams and my heart. You stripped everything from me and left me with nothing... and you expect me to be kind?" she shook her head. "I hope you choke on my kindness."



"You illegitimate whelp." Kenji snarled. "You are no better than the tramp that was your mother. She didn't know who your father was. She was insane, a pure lunatic. She gave you to us since we shared the same name, pleading with us to treat you right, wondering if we were the right people to take you - like you; she was ungrateful for what we were doing. I wanted to adopt a son...not a future bitch like you. She screamed when I took you and ran after you screaming the stupid name she had named you."



"I have a different name?" Usagi's eyes widened.



"We gave you a good name, a proper name, but as soon as you could speak you named yourself and would answer to nothing else. We should have realized the truth then and returned you but we didn't. Foolish of us really." he shook his head. "You were nothing but a burden and a weight around our necks from the first day we took you in."



The sound of a mug being broken cut through Kenji's hateful tirade. Usagi looked at the counter to see a seething Motoki being restrained by an equally furious Unazuki and it was uncertain as to whether or not they were going to hold back or charge forward and beath the living pulp out of Kenji. Haruka and Michiru's battle auras were starting to show as steam seemed to radiate off Haruka, her hands clenched and her face contorted in a truly fearful expression. The Inner Senshi's ears seemed to have grown as they openly listened. Rei and Chibi Usa shared equal looks of smugness as Usagi was put in her place. Turning back to Kenji, Usagi gulped, wiping the hurt from her eyes. Did no one want her? Was she truly that horrid and worthless a person to not deserve love from those she would have died for? Why had they thrown her out? What did she do wrong? Questions raced through her head and just as quickly the answer came to Usagi and she narrowed her eyes. "What is my real name?" she asked tenatively, praying her strength wouldn't leave her. 'Don't show weakness, don't show weakness...' she repeated over and over.



"We named you Yoko." Kenji replied. "A perfectly respectable name."



'And boring.' Usagi thought, wrinkling her nose. The name was not her. "What did my mother name me?"



"Never you mind." Kenji snorted. "It's not your business and we won't tell you."



"You're the worst excuse for a waitress I've ever seen." Chibi Usa sneered. "Papa Kenji, she has driven away my appetite. I want to leave."



Kenji laid down his menu. "You're right as always sweetheart. We'll never come here again. Let's go."



"The air IS foul." Shingo agreed.



Single file they left the booth and walked out of her life for the second time, leaving her shattered and broken and bewildered. But most of all...she was alone.







"I'm gonna kill him." Motoki seethed in a self-righteous rage. "I'll dip him in honey and strap him to an anthill - wait! - I'll shove him through a shredder and after he's bleeding pour salt on his wounds and then toss him in acid!"



"Calm down Motoki." Unazuki attempted to soothe as she trembled in rage. "You need subtlety in planning the perfect murder."



"We should go to her." Motoki started towards Usagi who had a bewildered and lost look on her face as she stared out the door where they had exited, confusion, hurt, rage and tears flitted across her flawless features and through her beautiful eyes."



Unazuki continued to hold her brother back. "Wait."



Usagi was aware of her audience. Tossing her head regally, she lifted her chin, picked up her pen and walked to another table.







"Beautiful." Mamoru uttered at Usagi's poice and grace in the aftereffects of her former family's attack. He wanted nothing more than to shove a steel tipped rose where Kenji would feel it for the rest of his life. Rei, of course, thought he was talking of her.



"I am? Thank you." she giggled. "I'm the true leader of the senshi you know." she winked at him. "I know you like powerful women and that's why you're with the lopsided, flopsy, moronic, lobotomized, overgrown and undeveloped chimpanzee that she is."



"Lower your voice Rei - I don't want her to know about us just yet." Mamoru cautioned. "How I wish I wasn't with her, but for that darling Chibi Usa to be born...I must suffer her in all things." he smirked. "She'll never figure out the truth though." inwardly he cringed at his words.



Minako stared at him with an open look of digust on her face. "You randy bastard. You need it so bad that you have to seek it elsewhere, not wanting to wait for Usagi? You are navel lint!"



Mamoru cast his eyes to Minako and assumed a superior expression that Usagi had confessed always made her want to put her fist in his face. "I need intellectual intercourse - she cannot give it. I need a real woman - not a manga loving, klutzy, incompetent girl." he gave himself a mental slap as he tried not wince at the load of shit he fed them. They ate it up, Rei with a look of glee on her face.



"How dare you - !" Minako stood, attempting to be threatening.



"Besides, what do you care? You voted to exile her from the Senshi. You all mutinied on her and abandoned her. Why does how I treat her matter to you?" he asked smugly.



Rei nodded adamantly. "Yes Minako, why does it matter?" she asked aloud, the fire in her eyes promising punishment for the senshi of love.



Makoto pulled Minako back into the seat. "It doesn't matter. Forget about it." she said hastily as Ami nodded quickly.



Rei's expression promised them that it would NOT be forgotten and that they would be punished for Minako's insolence.









Haruka smiled proudly as Usagi moved on, sighing as she glanced at Michiru. "Let's get this over with." Michiru nodded. Walking over to the table where the Inners sat, Haruka bowed deeply to Rei. "Leader, true leader, forgive us for leaving you and allow us to serve you once more. I have once more been injured by the Idiot, she is incapable of leading - it is too hard for her, it is beyond her. Please accept up back into your counsel."



"How can it be too hard for her when she can transform at will?" Ami arched an eyebrow at them. "And you were her staunch supporters a few days ago."



"Until the second injury." Michiru interjected quickly. "We want nothing to do with her now. Our fate lies in the hands of Rei now."



Rei beamed proudly as she sat up straighter. "You WILL be chastised of course, your actions cannot go unpunished, but I accept you back. With me. Only me. No one else. The true leader. I mean to take everything from her and I have almost succeeded. You will help me plan her downfall, in fact if she trusts you still, you will take part in her downfall to prove your loyalty to me."


"You're the leader." Michiru said through gritted teeth, pinching Haruka who was trembling with rage. They had to take their places with the cowed senshi at the table. They had to be convincing....



"Yes, I am." Rei replied.








"May I take your order?" Usagi asked, running on autopilot, still reeling from the news she had gotten earlier.



"I'd like a bit of time with a side order of eternity."



Usagi's eyes flew up to meet the red of Setsuna's and then the deep black of Hotaru's. "What ARE you two up to?" she demanded.



"It is almost time Princess." Setsuna replied in typical cryptic fashion. "You do me proud, you do us all proud. Time is racing forward at an incredible speed and I can slow it down no longer."



"Do I know what you are talking about?" Usagi blinked.



"Ready or not Usagi...here it comes." Hotaru added. "You've created some fascinating plans. It's almost time for you to know ours. The sands of the hourglass run out and each grain brings you closer."



"Closer to what?" Usagi burst out. "Would you make sense please?"



"You'll have to wait a little longer...to find out." Setsuna said quietly. Winking at Usagi, the menus dropped to the table as they vanished, leaving Usagi with endless riddles for which she had no answers.










The end of an eventful day. Usagi sighed in relief as she locked her door behind her and leaned against it, her head in her hands. Wishing she was old enough to drink, she hung her keys on the hook and began to strip her uniform off her sweaty body. Walking into her living room she flipped on the air conditioning and, partially undressed she stood in the stream of cool air that issued forth. After all that happened today, she expected no company tonight. "There's a strength and courage that lives inside of me. They tried, but they could not take that away from me." she said proudly. "They can say anything they want to say and try to bring me down, but they will not succeed, for I have faith in myself and faith in my dreams."



"If you don't get dressed and soon, I'll take you here and now - Haruka be damned."



Usagi's eyes flew open as she whirled to face Mamoru staring at her with hunger in his eyes. "What are you...HOW did you...?" she trailed off, uncaring.



"I promised you I would tell you of you real mother." Mamoru said in a tight voice, not taking his eyes off her. Usagi felt as though she were being devoured by his gaze alone.



She put her hands on her hips. "So tell me. After all the word games I've had today, spit it out Mamoru. I can take no more subterfuge."



"Please Usako get more clothes on." Mamoru's fists clenched. "I can't hold back much more. You play with fire my little hellcat."




Walking to her bedroom, Usagi's voice rang out. "I'm surprised Rei let you out of her sight." she commented as she pulled on a nightgown and came back out.



Mamoru's jaw dropped as he saw Usagi's nightgown, not her usual pink bunnies or flannel. It was silken, semi-sheer and white. She had let her hair down and appeared unreal, unearthly. "Ummm...she's...she's...." he trailed off as blood abandoned his brain gleefully and rushed to other more...pertinent parts of his body.



"She?" Usagi arched an eyebrow, testing his limits. How far could he be pushed? "Yes?"



"She's punishing Minako, Haruka and Michiru." Mamoru squeaked out. "She wants to see me tommorrow."



"So she will." Usagi agreed. "Though you will not kiss her and not consummate a damn thing with her." she warned.



"Usako! Of course not!" Mamoru protested, offended by her implication.



"You must be convincing of course. Now, tell me of my mother please." she patted the couch next to her, the sparkle in her eyes, the smile on her face letting him know just how much she was enjoying their game, how much she enjoyed getting close to the flame.



Mamoru perched on the couch, as far from Usagi as he could get, not trusting HER. He was a man of tight control, and though it hurt he would keep his passion in check - but she - she was a temptress. A siren. A huntress. And he was the hunted. And there was no Haruka this night, nor would there be. Truly she had come far in her quest for independence. Pretending she had a suit of armour on, he opened his clenched eyes and spoke. "Your mother's name was Tsukino...."






And ain't I a stinker? This is payback to Amethyst Serenity for all the cliffhangers she leaves in her story Farewell! Don't worry, I have the next chapter almost totally finished as I wrote it on my lunch break today and it will be up as soon as I see what reviews are written and how much people want to find out the next part! Just kidding, it will be up this weekend sometime. Remember I write based on reviews, so review! Review! And NO FLAMES!

Ja!