Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Chapter 7

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author: Serenitas
Title: Watch me Shine - Chapter 7
Rating: R
Series: Sailor Moon
Email: serenitai@sailormoon.com



Hello hello hello! I would have put this up last night but I kind of went out partying with some friends and then fell asleep on the train, wound up in a place I didn't know...anyway here it is at last! Fearing the wrath of every single person who reviewed, I humbly offer my latest chapter of Watch me Shine. There is a brief love scene in here, a bit steamier than the last one so if you don't like that kind of thing please don't read that paragraph and you will miss nothing of the story. Read and review but be kind! No flames please! Standard disclaimers! (Oh and of course a howdy hi to wreath of Roses, Amethyst Serenity and CrystalDove who is back at last!)








"Your mother's name was Tsukino...Serenity." Mamoru said softly. "Your true mother. Your only mother. It is impossible. It cannot be true, but it is. Somehow your mother - either by rebirth or teleportation - made it here, to this time to rejoin with your spirit and give birth to you. You are not the Moon Princess reincarnated. You are the ORIGINAL Moon Princess, born in this time and place. She, in this life - like her previous was never destined to live a full life. Lunarians have trouble living on earth, you know that. She paid her price for some sin that she committed, but lived long enough to give birth to you. Your real name is what it was a thousand years ago. Selenity. You are a pure Lunarian, a true Princess and now you know the truth of your lineage which you can trace back to the Moon Goddess herself. You know all the missing pieces of yourself now."



Usagi wrapped her arms around herself. "My mother." she whispered. "I should have guessed." she paused. "In this life, in this world, I wonder what she was like." her throat closed for a moment before she spoke again. "Kenji gave me the hint, I should have picked up on it...I am the living image of my mother he said. I have always looked like her...Serenity... mother...my mother..." tears began to fall from her eyes, sorrow for the mother she had loved - would always love - no matter what time, planet or dimension. She had practically worshipped her mother, always loved and adored her. She was all she had ever really had on the Moon, and she had been ripped from her once again. Sorrow overwhelmed her for the mother she had never known, the chances she had never had.



Forgetting the state of her undress, Mamoru pulled her close and let her weep, tears glistening in his own eyes. There was no sound to her tears - a pain went too deep for sound, a pain that could only be let out with tears. "Stay with me tonight." Usagi whispered.



"What?" Mamoru pulled back and stared at her, shock and yearning on his face. "Usako, I can't."



"Not for lovemaking Mamo-chan." Usagi explained. "For comfort. I cannot seduce you right now...I wouldn't know where to start. I cannot be alone right now. Please hold me tonight."



It would be sweet torture. It would be joyous hell, but once her eyes met his, his barriers shattered. "For you Usako, I'll stay." he agreed.



"I'll try to seduce you tommorrow." Usagi said with a bit of dry humour.



"I have no doubts." Mamoru kissed her forehead. "You go get in bed. I'll join you shortly."



Usagi nodded and headed off to her room, leaving Mamoru shaking his head behind her. "I gotta be nuts." he muttered repeatedly.








Haruka scowled at Michiru as Rei's stick came across their shoulders. "How much longer Michi?" she asked in a tense voice. "How much more are we expected to take?"



Minako's eyes were blue flames as she glared hatefully at her friend. "How dare you?" she hissed.



"Why so upset Minako?" Haruka demanded snidely. "You chose to stay with her - remember?"



"I didn't know she'd go power crazy." Minako admitted. "My mind is such a mess. Usagi shouldn't have been voted out." she winced as the stick cracked across her shoulders again.



"She's always thirsted and yearned for power - both in this life and her previous one." Michiru commented. "But better to be the servant of the devil than in her path."



Minako narrowed her eyes at them. Dropping her voice even lower, she spoke barely above a whisper. She could not be heard over the crackling of the fire, and the snapping of Rei's stick. Ami's face was turned away, a look of disgust on her delicate features. Makoto stood unseeing into the flames, her face expressionless, her fists clenched. Rei had a look of satisfaction on her face as she flagellated the three senshi she had forced to kneel before her. "Your defiance will not be tolerated and I must make sure that it doesn't happen again!" with a particularly vicious snap of her stick, causing all three of them to wince. "I will brook no defiance, tolerate no treason. Fear me. Follow me. Do as I say and the world will be ours - you shall reap the rewards that fall from my hands." she gloated. "I win! Know then the price you pay for your impertinent lack of vision!"



"I know that you are not against Usagi at all." Minako murmured.



"Are you crazed?" Haruka glared at her, shock and disbelief spread on her face. "She's - "



"Your Princess." Minako finished quietly. "You forget that at times I can read hearts - not as well as Usagi but the ability is there. Right now your hearts are bursting with love and pride for Usagi. You have always been her staunchest supporters and I cannot believe that you would turn on her twice."



"Be careful what you say." Michiru warned.



"You were her best friends. Closer to her than all the rest." Haruka shot back. "You abandonded her."



"I fell in a moment of weakness yes. That is my sin and I will pay for it. My mind is muddled - it feels like someone pulled a stick through it or something, but I know that this is wrong. I belong with Usagi."



"We all do." Michiru hissed angrily. "Yet you all forgot that."


"As did you!" Minako snarled. "Don't forget that initally you voted her out too before you went crawling back. My point is that I want you to take me to Usagi. She MUST have something up her sleeve."



"How do we know that you won't do to Usagi what we are doing to Rei?" Haruka asked suspiciously.



"'If I betray her or show any treason, I forfeit my life with good reason.'" Minako quoted a line from their Warriors Oath. "She is merciful but you are not. If you suspect me of duplicity then strike me down."



Michiru and Haruka exchanged a glance. Abruptly Haruka nodded. "Tommorrow night."



Relief spread across Minako's features as peace stole into her heart. She was able to almost completely ignore the cracking of the stick.








Her scent was all around him. He was still unbelieving that he held her at night - one of his fantasies come true. She had cried herself to sleep and he could only sympathize with how she felt, having lost her beloved mother twice, having her family ripped from her in the cruellest of fashions. As she had once told him long ago, he whispered to her sleeping form. "Daijobu. Atashi no Usagi-chan no kazoku. Kore kara wa, zutto atashi no mamoru dai meru kara." (It's allright Usagi, I am your family now. I will protect you always.)



Her blue eyes opened and he saw into her soul, saw her heart, saw her love, saw her determination. "Arigatou..." she murmured. "For being with me. I know that it's torture for you."



"Anything for you." he replied as he realized the danger looming. She had grieved and mourned. She had let out her hurt and now the realization of the situation lay before them. They were alone. They were in her bed and all the innocence that had been in it was rapidly fading as certain things became realized. Mamoru had taken his shirt and socks off for comfort. Usagi was in a silken nightgown. They were in love and they were on fire. The flames burned in his eyes and was reflected in hers. Electricity sparked dangerously...and the air was heavy with emotions even a child could recognize.




Lips came together desperately, almost hurting each other as hands roamed and clothes were ripped off aching and yearning bodies. Mamoru groaned at the sight of Usagi beneath him, her silver gold hair spread across the pillows, the bed and onto the floor. She gasped as she felt the proof of his desire, her eyes darkening as she lowered her lips to his chest. Fear was in her eyes but it was swept away by pulsing waves of desire. She drew back at the sight of Mamoru naked, burning it into her mind, looking as she hadn't before.



His hands slid over her silken skin, to a place he had touched once before and his eyes widened as she boldly reciprocated. No Haruka tonight. No interruptions...heat rose another notch as they explored with lips and hands, able to take their time. Gasps of surprise and moans of desire filled the silence of the room and Mamoru no longer doubted that Usagi knew what she wanted. She wanted him. The huntress had caught her prey. He didn't think he could resist any longer and he knew that he couldn't have stopped HER. The pain of her mother momentarily banished as she opened her heart to her love and her desire.



They stood upon the brink of ecstasy. Usagi threw her head back as she could hold no longer from his assault and let the pleasure come - but not before she brought him with her into nirvana. Collapsing against each other panting heavily, Mamoru kissed her deeply. "Are you sure?" he asked clearly.


"Oh Goddess yes." Usagi whispered. "No interruptions this time. Haruka is not here..."



"But I am."










Hotaru peered with interest at the scene before her. Who needed school when you had this!? "Hotaru don't look." setsuna ordered.



"Time is getting ready to converge." Hotaru replied. "Everything stands upon the edge of a knife. We can delay no longer."



"All paths lead here." Setsuna agreed. "In all my thousands of years I have only seen this once before."



"When?" Hotaru asked, curiosity overwhelming her. For a moment she appeared her true age, a young teenager and not a person of silence with the power of life and death at her hands.



Setsuna gave her a small smile as she looked at the hourglass - empty at last. "She has less than two days left. We MUST reveal our plans to her."



"The trials - " Hotaru began.


Setsuna shook her head. "No time." she sighed. "For us who exist in time, it is frightening to realize that time has run out."



"What - " Hotaru left the question unasked, knowing the answer. Plans had been set in motion heading towards an inexorable and unseen climax.









"Enough Rei."



"I am not finished - "



"I said enough!"



Rei lowered her stick, noticing the enigmatic smile on Minako's face as she trembled. Her eyes gleamed brightly. "What are you so happy about?" she demanded.



"Passion burns strongly this night." she replied. "I can feel the love, I can feel the need and I can feel the culmination. Only strong love could affect me like this."



Haruka's eyes widened in horror as she realized the meaning behind Minako's words. Michiru clamped her hand on the back of her neck before she could give their game away. "What?" Rei snarled.



Minako sighed. "I'm getting strong love vibes and they feel good."



"Oh." Rei shook her head. "Do you repent?"



"I'm very sorry." Haruka, Minako and Michiru said in unision.



"I don't believe you." Rei raised her stick again.



"You dare to defy me?" Chibi Usa demanded as she entered the room. "I said enough!"



Rei stared sullenly at the pink haired child who had a look of satisfaction on her face. Luna knelt at her feet obediently. "You have strength, poise and dignity. You command the senshi in a way that dingbat never did." she said triumphantly.



"I know." Chibi Usa replied, her eyes focusing on Haruka. "You, Uranus."


Haruka gritted her teeth and looked homicidal. "Yes my liege?"



"Baka Usagi has my birthright. She trusts you still. I want it back. She stole it." Chibi Usa ordered.



"I will use the crystal!" Rei objected.



"You can't Rei! But I can, and it will make me old enough to have Mamoru at last."



Minako's eyes danced. "What about Helios?"



"He's nothing. I want Mamoru." Chibi Usa said dismissively. "Your question me? Your Queen?"



"..." Minako could say nothing without admitting that it was Usagi and Mamoru she felt and she knew that the demon...er young girl had not a chance with him.



"Luna, I want her properly chastised." Chibi Usa nodded. Turning to Rei she smiled nastily. "Remember Rei that you begged for my help. The ginzuishou is mine. The senshi you lead - but I LEAD YOU. Understand?"



Rei's eyes blazed hatred as she nodded reluctantly. Only mutual hatred of Usagi unnited them...and their alliance was falling apart.










Setsuna's Time Staff lay between them. "Is this a conspiracy?" Usagi burst.



Setsuna shook her head, shoulders shaking from suppressed mirth. "Sorry Princess but I am here in Haruka's place to make sure your virtue remains intact - what's left of it."



"Ha ha." Usagi said snidely as she looked regretfully at Mamoru and reached for her nightgown.



"Uh uh." Setsuna shook her head and handed her a set of flannel pyjamas.



Scowling Usagi and Mamoru dressed and followed Setsuna into Usagi's living room where she had taken the liberty of making coffee. Mamoru gratefully reached for a cup. Usagi stared into her cup, silent for a long moment. "You knew the truth of my mother, didn't you Setsuna?"



Setsuna nodded. "I did."



"Why didn't you tell me?" Usagi cried to her loyal friend. "Your silence...my mother...I never..." grief renewed itself as it welled up in Usagi and she purged her emotions for the final time.



"It's time you knew it all." Setsuna sighed. "The truth of who you are and the plans I have for you." she glanced at her watch. "I'll tell you tommorrow." she said as she vanished, leaving an empty coffee cup behind her.












And that is how we do that! I hope you likey! Remember I write based on reviews so let's get them going. No FLAMES!!! Good ratings! So let me know what you think so far, and trust me it gets better...and more interesting in case you are bored at this point.

Ja!