Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Chapter 8

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Hello all! Sorry about the week vacation but I was in a serious, serious, serious depression and therefore was in absolutely no condition to work on this story. As you can see I have snapped out of it, made an extra long chapter in apology and wait for feedback. Thanks to all who reviewed my one shot "Runaway Train" and who offered strength and support to me when I needed it. It meant more to me than you'll ever know, and it is what really helped me shake off the depression and persevere. I have decided NOT to take down this story like I was considering, and I hope that makes many people happy. Please read and review but be kind. NO FLAMES. Good reviews and ratings please! Standard disclaimers...enjoy! Oh yes, I'm also accepting fanfic submissions on my websites if anyone wants to submit. I take anything without judgement, and all you have to do is specify which site you want it on, and if you want background music or not! So please feel free to submit!









Usagi worked. It was all she could do to silence the tormented questions that ran through her head. She threw herself into her job and ignored the worried glances that Unazuki and Motoki threw at her. She pretended that Mamoru wasn't there as in this instant she couldn't look at him, partially embarassed for her actions last night - goodness she had thrown herself at him! and she was still uncertain if he really wanted her - but also because of the suspicions that had laced themselves through her brain. How had he found out the truth of her mother? He and Rei had once had a spark in their relationship...could he really want to go back to her? How good were his acting skills? "I'm taking over so watch me shine." she muttered to herself. "Get ready, here I come. I'm coming and hell's coming with me. I won't be a doormat anymore. Not for anybody, even the man I love...if only I knew the truth..." she trailed off as she scrubbed viciously at the table. "Out damn spot."




"You worry for nothing."



Usagi's head jerked up as she saw Hotaru sitting in the booth she was cleaning. "What do you want?"



"A double chocolate and fudge sundae with sprinkles." Hotaru giggled. "I'm taking some time off from watching the galaxy go round."



Usagi nodded and fetched her order. "Here you go, enjoy the good health."



"Setsuna intends to come to your apartment after your shift ends to tell you all that is going on Princess." Hotaru said seriously, in between mouthfuls of ice cream. "We can delay no longer and only hope that you are strong enough for all that lays ahead."



"Stop with the cryptic remarks." Usagi barked, wincing. She sounded so hateful today instead of her normal self. Truly this problem was eating her up from the inside. She couldn't even think of her own plans for the traitorous senshi, all she could do is wonder, and worry. "I'm switching my style and taking full control. I won't stop until I'm on top now."



"Usagi you have nothing to worry about." Hotaru assured her. "You want to know how Mamoru learned the truth of your mother? It's simple. He called in a favour that Setsuna owed and used her Time Key to turn back time to find out the truth of your mother. He wept when he watched her give you up, he recognized her instantly. As for his feelings for Rei, you must know that there is nothing but contempt. He loves you, and as for wanting you, you wouldn't believe the amount of cold showers the poor man has had to take on your account. Enough with the worries, for they belong to the old you, and you have become so much more. Do not diminsh now, not at this crucial junction Princess. Feel the flame forever burn, teaching lessons you have to learn to bring you closer to the strength of your dreams."



Usagi's jaw hung open, never having heard Hotaru talk to so much at once before. 'Your mind will take you far, the rest is just your heart.' she thought to herself. She smiled and nodded. "You're right Hotaru, I was being foolish. I will shine ever brighter, not just for what will be, but also for myself." she paused. "No one thinks I can take it but my mind and body are strong, no one thinks I can make it."



"How do you know what will be?" Hotaru asked suspiciously.



Usagi winked at her, an 'I know more than you think I know' glint in her eyes. "I know many things you don't think I do Hotaru." she glanced at the remnants of the sundae. "Finished now?" she turned to her over her shoulder. "Watch me shine Hotaru."


Hotaru nodded, eyeing Usagi in admiration. She respected Usagi more than words could say, the only one who lived who's power matched hers and then outdid her. She had a restless spirit that was hard to control. Usagi heard the call of the wild every once in awhile when she would let down her hair and not let herself get bogged down by the requirements of her title. Hotaru prayed she would keep this ability after the truth was revealed to her.








"You will take me to Usagi tonight?" Minako breathed to Haruka and Michiru as they did pushups with weights on their backs (A.N - My sensei's make us do that and all I can say after 200 of them is DAMN! 600 is my limit for pushups...). They were of course still being punished and worked out under the watchful and deceitful eyes of Luna.



Haruka grunted, her rage palpable. She strongly advocated throttling Chibi Usa and ripping Rei's arms off and beating her to death with them, and dipping Luna in a flea dip of boiling oil or acid. She didn't care.



Michiru sighed and decided to translate, for she alone could hear the muttered oaths that Haruka uttered and not one of them was anything a lady should be uttering. "Yes we will, now shut up." she snapped.



Minako sighed in relief as she continued to do push ups, her arms shaking. Dropping to her knees to do female push ups, she yelped when Luna bit her. Resisting the urge to smack the cat from here to next month, she went back to trying to do them the way Haruka and Michiru were. "Enough." a voice told them. Smiling gratefully, she collapsed in an ungraceful heap on the dirt, not noticing that it flew all over her sweat streaked face and clung making her look like the creature from the black lagoon. Haruka didn't look any better and was hiding her irritation poorly.



Rei and Chibi Usa walked into focus as Minako tried to raise herself into the mandatory kneeling position when facing their leader and their Queen but her arms screamed in protest and she face planted onto the ground again. "Venus if you can't kneel in obesiance now then it will have to be ground out you." Rei snapped. "Now assume the position!"



"You first." Haruka muttered snidely. "You miserable, black hearted, crow screwing, doujinshi reading...." she trailed off when Michiru's elbow jabbed her in the side.



Once they all forced themselves to kneel, Chibi Usa smiled triumphantly. "Now Haruka and Michiru and Minako, my two little traitors and the defiant one, I hope you realize by now that I will beat all resistance out of you. I will brook no independent thoughts on your part, and the more you fight the more I WILL hurt you. Usagi trusts you still, and since Rei and I have an appointment with Mamoru tonight I want you three to go to Usagi on the premise of trying to get her to forgive Minako and steal her crystal and kill her."



"But if she's killed then you...." Michiru began.



"I have it already planned out." Chibi Usa assured them. "Rei is to be my mother, I have figured out how but I need my crystal back. She stole it and I don't know how and I want it back. The rotten and selfish bitch doesn't realize that her time is finished and now it's my time. THe more she fights the less chance she has for my mercy."



"You are so deluded you little brat." Haruka sneered. "Do you really think that you can even grasp the power that she toys with?"


"You stride dangerously close to treason Uranus." Rei said through slitted eyes as she kicked her firmly in the stomach causing her to double over. "Show us some respect. Besides, despite the power that is inherent in Usagi, she has neither the wits nor the ability to use it, whereas Chibi Usa does. You will pay for your defiance."



Haruka was nearly at the end of her rope, but she bit back her rage. Usagi had a plan and when Rei got hers like Usagi had mapped out then Haruka was going to take great and sadistic pleasure in being the leader. "I apologize." she ground out.



"Better. Now as her Majesty mentioned my lover is coming over tonight and I will possess him once and for all in all ways that one can possess a man, you will act since Usagi thinks that Mamoru will be with Motoki or something - she's too stupid to think anything else of her 'Mamo-chan'. I will take back what is mine and strip everything from her until she is left with nothing. I told you this before. If you are not with us, then you are against us." Rei sighed as she tossed her hair over her shoulder.


"Remember Rei I only allow you to have Mamoru this night only to conceive...and then he will be mine, now and forever and for eternity." Chibi Usa corrected. "Get that through your head. You cannot defeat me, you cannot fight me and I see your mind. Don't try to double cross me like you did that baka Usagi. I am far smarter than she will ever be. Now you have your assignment. Do it and don't fail me for the price of failure is high."











Makoto and Ami listened as Chibi Usa and Rei gave orders. "This is ridiculous." Ami said after a long silence. "They're insane."


"They are jealous, but no matter how you slice it, Rei is a better leader than Usagi ever was." Makoto pointed out.


"Is she? I do not think so." Ami shook her head. "Usagi is smarter than we ever gave her credit for, and obviously more cunning. Do you really think that Michiru and Haruka, two people more devoted to Usagi have not yet been born, have suddenly come back to this communistic commune to face physical punishment without meting out some of their own?"


"In normal language Ami!" Makoto protested.



"Do you really think that they'd betray her again?" Ami sighed. "They are too loyal to Usagi and they would never let anyone beat them without retaliating."


"I don't like what has become of the senshi, but this is the side that seems to be winning." Makoto admitted. "I don't know what to do...or do I?"


"We know what we have to do Makoto, the question is...how are we going to?" Ami put her hand on Makoto's shoulder. "We have to be strong...and we have to be there for Usagi."



"How do we do this Ami?" Makoto whispered, her fear of Rei the only thing that kept her in line.


"Always remember that Usagi is stronger than Rei and she will always forgive us." Ami reassured her.


"The old Usagi might've, but this new Usagi...I doubt she will. We betrayed her and then we abandoned her. I wouldn't be so forgiving."


"We have to take our chances Makoto. She has become more than we ever thought she would, and we belong at her side, not here with Rei. Our minds are clear for the first time in a long time and we both agree that what we have done is wrong. So let's rectify it and make it right."


Makoto nodded slowly, more grateful that the sludge that seemed to live inside her brain for so long was gone than for anything else. For once she was thinking clearly, and her choices were once again her own.








Usagi sighed in relief as she stepped out of the shower and put on clean clothes. She enjoyed her job, but after working a long shift she always felt so grubby that it was a relief to wash the dirt off. Ah the joy of working during a school break, of course if she wanted she could complete school within a month and head off to University, but her true intelligence, the true depths of it she kept hidden, not ready to share that secret just yet. Mamoru was reclining in one of her chairs reading a book that she had left lying around, surprising him with its depth, but he had learned to no longer be surprised by anything Usagi did. She was the eternal hidden engimatic dragon, and he was crazy in love with her. She kissed him gently and then headed for the kitchen, trying to get her mind off the fact that Setsuna was finally, FINALLY going to tell her what she had up her sleeves. "The time of the....gerbil draws nigh." echoed through her apartment.



"What the HELL does that mean?" Usagi snapped as Setsuna and Hotaru appeared in her living room


"I don't know, it's supposed to be cryptic." Setsuna smiled slightly and sat down. "Mamoru, you look good for your evening with Rei, although after what I have to say you may not want to go."


"Spit it out Setsuna." Usagi growled. "I have had enough, honestly, this is slow torture or something!"



Setsuna nodded. "Time is beginning to converge, I believe that you already knew that because I told you previously. What I have *NOT* told you is why. The transformation is starting and I can no longer stop it or delay it as I have been ever since the Dark Moon Family. I have a strict non intervention policy, but I had to break it and attempt to slow down, delay or stop time to prevent this. It has failed at last and I can do nothing, everything depends on you now, my time is finished. Crystal Tokyo and more is starting to form out of all that is here now, and since you have changed, the development has sped up exponentially - it can be halted no longer. I have been most grateful that you changed on your own because as you well know there are the Trials that you have to face and overcome before you can even *THINK* of taking the throne. You must be strong and you must be prepared. That is what I have been observing. The Trials are hard, no doubts there and I cannot divulge the tasks that you will be forced to face - save that failure means death, but now I have no doubts that you will succeed, conquer and overcome them and emerge strong and prepared to take your place as the new Queen."



"But what caused Crystal Tokyo and the other things to start to develop so early? Why is time converging at this time...pardon the pun?" Usagi asked. "There is more than you are telling me."


"I have only ever seen this convergence once before and it had disastrous consequences for the Galaxy. It happened once and it will happen again, it's only a matter of how long. I cannot tell you when time converged at one given and set point, but you already know, don't you?" Setsuna nodded and carried on, not noticing how pale Usagi got as she realized the truth. "You have discovered the truth of your parentage Usagi and you know that you are pure Lunarian and I'm sure you have made the connection that that is why you were always so clumsy...there is gravity on earth. You are starting to transform into someone else and if you don't then staying on the earth will kill you, as it did your mother. You are under the impression that you are the leader of the Sailor Senshi and Champion of Love and Justice, this is only partially true Usagi, for you are much more, and are meant for more than what you have become. You must take your place in the stars."


Usagi's eyes widened. "That's legend. Myth. It is not true." she whispered, understanding.


Hotaru nodded, ignoring the bewildered look on Mamoru's face. "It is not Usagi." she sighed. "Why do you think all that is important in the Galaxy has come to earth and happened here? The Negaverse, the Dark Moon family, The Death Busters, The Dead Moon, Galaxia and the Phages...It was drawn by you, to you, because of who and what you are and what you are destined to become."



Setsuna looked Usagi directly in the eye. "You are the Guardian of the Galactic Cauldron. The place where time stands still, the place where all life is created and where all dead spirits go. You are the salvation, you are the Messiah and you are the future Queen, not just of earth but of this Galaxy. You are meant to rule on high, alone and unanswerable to no one, for no one has ever lived who has been as strong as you, and none shall come after who will ever attain the height of power that you have." she closed her eyes briefly. "Time is unravelling thanks to Chibi Usa who; by speeding up her aging process has caused lasting repercussions throughout all time. She is a force to be reckoned with, and one you may have to face off against."


Usagi nodded, having already thought of that possiblity. "I understand." she sighed. "I am strong and I can face her if needs be."


Setsuna smiled at her gently. "I know this now, and you are brave your Highness. You will do what needs to be done and I am relieved. I thought I would have to bring your future self here to talk some sense into you. You can conquer anything that is thrown in your path. You have your own agenda and your own plans, follow them through. I am loyal to you, and I will continue to be so."


Hotaru winked at Mamoru. "Now that Crystal Tokyo is beginning, it is allright for you two to consummate your relationship. Small Lady must be conceived very soon so that she may be born, this is what Haruka and Setsuna were trying to prevent. You must wait until the appointed time and the time is now."


Usagi looked at Mamoru who's eyes were wide. "It's ok for me to have Usako? No one will stop us this time?" he asked, not quite believing it.


"Indeed."Setsuna assured him. "I give you my word."


Mamoru turned to Usagi who looked pensive. "And if I do this with Mamoru then Chibi Usa will be conceived and Crystal Tokyo will be formed?"


"Yes." Hotaru smiled. "That is the plan - after your trials of course."


"And this has to be?" Usagi questioned further. Before she would never have pressed and questioned her Time and Death Senshi like this, but she had taken the reins of leader and wasn't giving up until things went her way at last. She was no longer the ditz. "There is no other alternative?"


"Usako what are you saying?" Mamoru looked at her, slightly upset. "Don't you want...?"


"Oh I do Mamo-chan, but I must know, does this have to be, now? So suddenly? No more time to wait or delay? The hourglass is empty?" Usagi pressed, determined to have everything out on the table.


"Yes." Setsuna replied slowly, her suspicions rising. Usagi was acting awfully strange.... "Crystal Tokyo will form irregardless, you will change irregardless, you will face the Trials no matter what. You must make love so that Small Lady will be born and inherit her birthright. If you do not do this and soon - who knows what, if any child you will have. This has to be done Usagi. Love her or don't, Chibi Usa will be your daughter as she is meant to be."



"No."








I had no intention of this being a cliffhanger and I don't think it is since one person wrote me and told me I wrote the worst story they had ever read and shouldn't even attempt to write cliffhangers because I make a bad story worse. To that person I write a big BITE ME. To everyone else I hope you enjoyed, hope you aren't bored and hope you'll want to read more. Until my next chapter...ja ne! Remember...NO FLAMES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check out my websites ne? http://adundra.tripod.com/Adundra and http://serenitai.tripod.com/serenitaisanimekingdomandotherstuffpage/
Ja!